• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sorry About that, Vance (Year RMT)

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
  • Rhyperior>You! (Year RMT)

Introduction?

Nine/ten days from now marks a whole year for me here at Pokecommunity. I feel that I've come a long way (yeah, I still say a lot of noob comments, but at least I don't worry about Luvdisc being able to smash Infernape because Ape is using Grass Knot (That was my first ever post at PC)). I decided that in order to celebrate an anniversary (if you could call it that) of me being here, I created a team that showcases a lot of things that I've acquired over the year I've spent at PC: Utilizing a unique battle strategy (aka not clearing out Pokemon A so Pokemon B can wreak havoc), my habit of using one Pokemon that I have used and enjoyed on my team more than once(which there are over 9000 of), and that I actually know how to battle competetively (some prediction required).

Oh, as for those of you wondering about the title...

Strategy?
    This team doesn't really centralize around a Pokemon at all, like most teams. What this team runs is a battle style where I switch in Pokemon according to a resist or oppurtunity I can find (again, prediciton required), and open up gateways for other Pokemon to sweep. However, this isn't a 6-sweeper team, because I do require counters and tanks in order to hope of even getting by certain Pokemon.

Team Building?
    This team began with one of my noobish thoughts ("How would BoahVireDos work out?") I heard that Gyarados and Tyraniboah paired well together (eventually the poster of this was contradicted by D_A), and thought that I could build a team around this offensive trio. Gyarados, Tyranitar, and Electivire made up the offensive core. I then decided to go for a bulky lead to set up SR, since the lack of having my lead late-game was starting to cost me in Platinum. Swampert was the most capable for this role, and was called up as a lead. I then brought in another Pokemon that I heard (again, contradicted) could pair well with Boah- Gliscor. I then ran a quick check of the top 10 offensive threats, and put in a Tentacruel (gasp!) to serve as an Infernape counter.

Luckily, after building the team, I decided to run up a threat list. I found that I was weak to every single Pokemon in OU besides Infernape, Tyranitar, and Scizor. I decided to revamp my team. Looking through my weaks, I found that the major ones were in the forms of the Rotom Appliances, Breloom, Offensive Suicune, and Starmie. Since I had won quite a few stall wars against the Rotom-Appliances with the Speed Tank version of Zapdos, I put him on, since he could also function well against Breloom and Suicune. I then scrapped Electivire, who I figured would prove to be dead weight since everything he could tear through my team covered, and replaced him with a Choice Band Metagross. After some advice from Anti and Vance(2 of the 3 people who actually take time to stop, look, flame, and fix my team), and D_A(person 3) pointing out a Gyarados weak, I changed around my team so that it could cover Gyarados and not lose its coverage on some OU Pokemon. Scizor came in to serve as a check to Salamence, and beat Cresselia(although I don't like that Gyarados walls him). Mixape arrived to crush heavy stall(which I manage to be weak against on 1641% of my teams). Finally, Suicune came to cover up my Gyarados weak. Looking at the team now, pretty much every Pokemon in OU is covered somehow.
    (Oh and did I mention that this team is NOT Pursuit weak in any way?)

Oh nos- The team!

(Just a heads up- I did not become a fan of using avatar pics of Pokemon, so I just rip pics off of Arkeis. However, one special guest artist will be appearing in my pics for the team...)

The Lead
    swampertna7.jpg

(Art created by DougJustDoug of Smogon)

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Relaxed Nature- Torrent
    240 HP/ 216 Def/ 52 Spa

Surf/Roar
    Ice Beam
    Earthquake
    Stealth Rock

(EPIC PIC) Swampert makes for a very efficient bulky lead, which is why it was the 4th most used lead in Shoddy(EPIC PIC). Swampert can also come back later if it needs to and set up Stealth Rock. The coverage Swampert gets from its moveset is almost flawless. Water, Ice, and Ground hit everything besides Shedinja (lol) for at least neutral. (EPIC PIC)

The Infernape Counter/Early-Game Sweeper
    suicune.png

Suicune @ Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    120 HP/ 172 Spa/ 216 Spe

Calm Mind
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    HP Electric

Suicune has proved to me on several occasions that it can come in and set-up for a quick early-game finish. Calm Mind makes it almost as bulky on the Special side as Blissey after 3 or 4 boosts (although I usually get one or two, which works for the sweep.) The BoltBeam combo is unresisted, and helps mash around Flygon and Gyarados. Surf is Suicune's most accurate special STAB that doesn't have 80- base power, and can smash into several opponents with ease.

Enter Mixed Wallbreaker

infernape.png

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Naive Nature
    64 Atk/ 252 Spa/ 192 Spe

Close Combat
    Fire Blast
    HP Ice
    Grass Knot

Enter Standard Mixed Infernape, who mashes through a lot of walls, including Blissey,
    Skarmory, and Snorlax. Infernape can easily wipe out the defensive duo known as SkarmBliss, and also gets rid of Swampert and Salamence thanks to HP Ice and Grass Knot. Infernape and Scizor combined can mow through a lot of teams.

THE SPEEDY TANK

zapdos.png

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Timid Nature- Pressure
    252 HP/ 80 Def/176 Spe

Thunderbolt
    Heat Wave
    HP Grass
    Roost

Enter the speed tank! Zapdos takes care of a lot of offensive threats that can cause trouble to my team otherwise. Breloom and Lucario are dispatched by Heat Wave, HP Grass saves me from Swampert, and Thunderbolt is there for Offensive Suicune. Roost provides me with a form of recovery, and also helps when Lucario attempts to get cute and Ice Punch/Stone Edge me. Then again, Luke won't get the chance to, since Zapdos outspeeds by two points if Lucario runs Jolly. (This also means that Zapdos outspeeds Max Speed Timid Roserade and slams a Heat Wave on it ^_^)

THE CANNON
    scizor.png

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    252 Atk/ 248 HP/ 8 Spe

U-Turn
    Pursuit
    Superpower
    Bullet Punch

Scizor is mainly a priority nicker, picking off Pokemon with Pursuit and (agh, the alliteration ends here), Bullet Punch. Superpower dents Blissey and Heatran, and U-Turn is used for scouting purposes. Scizor can get rid of almost any Gengar, Latias, Azelf, or other frail Psychic/Dark Pokemon that gets in my way.

THE EPIC FINISHER

gyarados.png

Gyarados @ Leftovers
    Adamant Nature- Intimidate
    156 HP/ 108 Atk/ 100 Def/ 144 Spe

Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Stone Edge
    Taunt

Bulky DD Gyara can serve any function you wish it to- stop set-ups/force switches with Taunt, sweep early-game with DD and great coverage (only Empoleon resists this combo), lol against Scizor and serve as a check (while beginning the DD process), or come in late-game and begin to sweep.

Where the Heck is Your Synergy, Dude?
    This team ma seem like a bunch of random sweepers thrown together, but the team actually has great synergy, and there are several resists on the team, which allows many switch-ins and KOs. For example, Infernape can destroy SkarmBliss. Since SkarmBliss is usually problematic for Scizor, having Infernape clear them out allows Scizor to sweep. Scizor can take out Cresselia, which walls Infernape almost completely. Infernape can then sweep afterwards. Suicune can get rid of Gyarados, which blocks Scizor's sweep. Infernape can clear out Blissey, which blocks Suicune's sweep. Salamence dies to Swampert or Infernape, which means Zapdos can destroy a team. The list continues on.

Changes?
    - Special Mixed Electivire was replaced with Metagross.
    -Dancing Tank Gliscor was replaced with Zapdos.
    -Support/Choice Scarf Tentacruel was replaced with Suicune.
    -Choice Band Metagross was replaced with Scizor.
    -Tyraniboah was replaced with Infernape.

Ok, Mr. Hotshot, what can you improve on?
    This team's greatest undoing is probably its lack of a revenge killer. Otherwise, there really isn't a glaring weakness. I hope that this team is my best one so far- and one that doesn't have Anti going "Where the hell did this random garbage thrown together come from?"

I hope you rate this team, and give some advice if you can. I've only been here a year, so I still have a long way to go.

-Skippy

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    1. Gyarados sets up on 3 of your team (Meta, Swampert and Boah) and if it gets in a Dragon Dance you are literally 6-0'd. It also outspeeds Tenta and OHKO's with an unboosted EQ...lol.
    2. Gyarados weak.
    3. ???
    4. Lose.

Anyways, put a Scarf on Tenta or something to help with this. Also speed tieing with Mence at worst after a DD is cool too i guess.

Tentacruel@Choice Scarf
    252 SP.ATT /252 SPEED /6 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Hidden Power Electric.

Might be worth it since your not using Rapid Spin anyway.

Speaking of which the two SR weaks is eh, but managable i guess.

I also prefer Roar on my Swamperts over the water move, but w/e..

You have a sever Growth + 3 attacks LO Roserade weak, congrats. LOL

EDIT : Oh wait, you do. Well that sucks XD

Last edited:

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Roar works better on Swampert over Surf, its lets you take a look at their team and gives you some SR damage.

As D_A mentioned you do have a pretty bad Gyarados weak, DDMence could cause you some grief as well =/

Scarfing Tentacruel would probably work(not my idea) ^^

Consider EQ on Gyarados as well, there's nothing wrong with TauntDos but EQ would give him some additional coverage. Its a small thing and isn't nessacary however :)

Nice Swampert pic ^________^

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Considering the elevated number of Metagross lead I believe that Swampert is a good choice as lead, you have two weak Pokémons to Stealth Rock you could try Rapid Spin on Tentacruel.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Okay, why would Gyarados hate Toxic from Blissey when it has Taunt? As much as I love CB Metagross, I'd rather you use CB Scizor, preferably a CB Scizor to prevent CM Latias from completely destroying you (and I mean COMPLETELY destroying you. Like, setting up on Tyranitar DESTROYING you).

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Okay, why would Gyarados hate Toxic from Blissey when it has Taunt? As much as I love CB Metagross, I'd rather you use CB Scizor, preferably a CB Scizor to prevent CM Latias from completely destroying you (and I mean COMPLETELY destroying you. Like, setting up on Tyranitar DESTROYING you).

CB Metagross does great against Latias. The current set I have guarantees an OHKO with every single move with SR up unless Latias stays in on a Pursuit, and even then it is 2HKOed (Defensive CM EVs)

I'll look into Roar on Swampert.

Scarf Tenta looks pretty nice. Since it revenge kills Infernape (which is the only reason why Tenta was even considered for this team), I'll try it out as well.

Edit: Oops.. As for the Roserade weak... See Zapdos.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    But what is Metagross really doing? Bullet Punch would help a lot against threats like Mence, Tar, Gengar, etc...U-turn can crush defensive Psychic-types similarly to Tyranitar (though worse in most cases, due to being stronger than...lol Dark Pulse).

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • But what is Metagross really doing? Bullet Punch would help a lot against threats like Mence, Tar, Gengar, etc...U-turn can crush defensive Psychic-types similarly to Tyranitar (though worse in most cases, due to being stronger than...lol Dark Pulse).

Metagross is mainly serving as a trapper who kills off Pokemon with Pursuit. I chose Metagross over Scizor because of the better bulk and higher Attack. I could put Bullet Punch on Metagross somewhere though. Maybe>> Explosion or Ice Punch.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Metagross is mainly serving as a trapper who kills off Pokemon with Pursuit. I chose Metagross over Scizor because of the better bulk and higher Attack. I could put Bullet Punch on Metagross somewhere though. Maybe>> Explosion or Ice Punch.

That doesn't convince me. Scizor isn't that much weaker, has a priority attack that's much stronger than Metagross, has a stronger Pursuit, has a better typing, and can actually beat Life Orb / Choice Specs Gengar 1 vs. 1. I know you like CB Meta, believe me, I love it too, but in this metagame overrun with Steels, Electrics (Rotom-A / Zapdos) and filled with fast sweepers like Salamence who can 2-OHKO Metagross, the steel-beast well all love is better suited to other roles rather than the Choice Bander.

Go ahead and use it, but don't use Pursuit. Seriously, it's a total waste on it. It's like using DD + Outrage Feraligatr over DD + Outrage Kingdra because "FERALIGATR HAS HIGHER ATTACK!11"

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • That doesn't convince me. Scizor isn't that much weaker, has a priority attack that's much stronger than Metagross, has a stronger Pursuit, has a better typing, and can actually beat Life Orb / Choice Specs Gengar 1 vs. 1. I know you like CB Meta, believe me, I love it too, but in this metagame overrun with Steels, Electrics (Rotom-A / Zapdos) and filled with fast sweepers like Salamence who can 2-OHKO Metagross, the steel-beast well all love is better suited to other roles rather than the Choice Bander.

Go ahead and use it, but don't use Pursuit. Seriously, it's a total waste on it. It's like using DD + Outrage Feraligatr over DD + Outrage Kingdra because "FERALIGATR HAS HIGHER ATTACK!11"

But Feraligatr doesn't get STAB, and Kingdra does :O

I think that Meta will help more in the long run, so I'll keep it. I'll drop Pursuit for the time being, and place Bullet Punch in its place.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I know the crossed out line is a joke, but Scizor's BP is a lot stronger.

And since you won't even consider using it, I've decided you just want to post this team and not accept any criticism I make.

Bullet Punch sucks also, I'd much rather use Ice Punch or even Thunderpunch in that slot. Keep Earthquake too.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • I know the crossed out line is a joke, but Scizor's BP is a lot stronger.

And since you won't even consider using it, I've decided you just want to post this team and not accept any criticism I make.

Bullet Punch sucks also, I'd much rather use Ice Punch or even Thunderpunch in that slot. Keep Earthquake too.

It's not that I'm not accepting the criticism. I've considered Scizor, but I feel that apart from Bullet Punch and U-Turn, Scizor is not as worthwhile as Metagross is for this team. Metagross can take hits a lot better than Scizor, which allows for a lot more oppurtunites to switch in and cause damage. Also, Scizor can scout if he wishes, but he can't explode on something that is starting to tear my team apart because of a misplay. Metagross can explode on said Pokemon.

Also, the majority of the Steels (bar Skarmory), Electrics, and fast, unfrail sweepers that beat Metagross beat out Scizor as well. Salamence is rarely (if even) OHKOed by Scizor's Bullet Punch, and OHKOes with Fire Blast. Gyarados uses Scizor as set-up fodder. Gliscor doesn't take much from any of Scizor's attacks due to its typing. Metagross can explode/Ice Punch Mence, Ice Punch Gliscor, and can at least 2HKO Gyarados with Meteor Mash IF it gets an attack boost(or 2), whilst Scizor can't do anything at all.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    It's not that I'm not accepting the criticism. I've considered Scizor, but I feel that apart from Bullet Punch and U-Turn, Scizor is not as worthwhile as Metagross is for this team. Metagross can take hits a lot better than Scizor, which allows for a lot more oppurtunites to switch in and cause damage. Also, Scizor can scout if he wishes, but he can't explode on something that is starting to tear my team apart because of a misplay. Metagross can explode on said Pokemon.

Also, the majority of the Steels (bar Skarmory), Electrics, and fast, unfrail sweepers that beat Metagross beat out Scizor as well. Salamence is rarely (if even) OHKOed by Scizor's Bullet Punch, and OHKOes with Fire Blast. Gyarados uses Scizor as set-up fodder. Gliscor doesn't take much from any of Scizor's attacks due to its typing. Metagross can explode/Ice Punch Mence, Ice Punch Gliscor, and can at least 2HKO Gyarados with Meteor Mash IF it gets an attack boost(or 2), whilst Scizor can't do anything at all.

You are also forgetting that Gyarados cant set up on CB Scizor because of U-Turn. U-Turn is also a fantastic move for scouting and you should not forget its merit in that regard. It really does screw up counters and I know its a bit of a big statement but 'because of u-turn Scizor doesnt have any counters' in addition Scizors Bullet Punch AND Pursuit is ALOT stronger that Meta's.

Gliscor is an awful Scizor counter btw (without max /max and fire fang), the SD'er 2hko's and CBer isnt far off either. I also find it funny that you say Meta beats Mence yet it is outsped and OHKO'd and Scizor OHKO's most Mence with SR up and all it has to do is Bullet Punch....lol

Oh and if you are still using Meta use Earthquake>>Ice Punch (Mence or any form of Gliscor cant take CB meteor mashes) or your argument for "Metagross can beat steels and scizor can not" is moot, well its moot anyway because Scizor gets SuperPower/Brick Break, but w/e.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009

Yeah, but unlike Metagross Scizor doesn't have to explode on a threat like DD Gyara. You could simply just U-turn out to a counter like Zapdos. U-turn is essentially the best move for gaining the upper hand in any match.

Also, the majority of the Steels (bar Skarmory), Electrics, and fast, unfrail sweepers that beat Metagross beat out Scizor as well.

Life Orb Gengar beats Metagross, but it doesn't beat Scizor. Life Orb Starmie can kill both, but Scizor can take a Surf and U-turn, Metagross must Explode. DD Mence beats Metagross, but if it has taken Stealth Rock and around 1 turn of Life Orb recoil + your TTar's SS, it will die to Bullet Punch. Must I go on.

Salamence is rarely (if even) OHKOed by Scizor's Bullet Punch, and OHKOes with Fire Blast.

It does the same with Meta essentially, except with Meta your chances of actually killing it are very, very low.

Gyarados uses Scizor as set-up fodder

Which is why you keep U-turning until you've seen the opponent's team enough that you feel comfortable with actually dealing damage. Worrying about Gyarados isn't because Scizor is bad, but because you use stupid things like Tentacruel, slap HP Electric on it, and hope it can counter Gyarados.

Gliscor doesn't take much from any of Scizor's attacks due to its typing.

False statement, not even going to go in depth.

Metagross can explode/Ice Punch Mence, Ice Punch Gliscor, and can at least 2HKO Gyarados with Meteor Mash IF it gets an attack boost(or 2),

Rely on luck to win. I must say you must win a ton of matches!

whilst Scizor can't do anything at all

BULLET PUNCH OH MY GOD IS IT REALLY THAT HARD TO SEE?

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Yeah, but unlike Metagross Scizor doesn't have to explode on a threat like DD Gyara. You could simply just U-turn out to a counter like Zapdos. U-turn is essentially the best move for gaining the upper hand in any match.
    I get this part.

Life Orb Gengar beats Metagross, but it doesn't beat Scizor. Life Orb Starmie can kill both, but Scizor can take a Surf and U-turn, Metagross must Explode. DD Mence beats Metagross, but if it has taken Stealth Rock and around 1 turn of Life Orb recoil + your TTar's SS, it will die to Bullet Punch. Must I go on.
    Gengar and Starmie are the reasons why I had Pursuit on Meta.

Which is why you keep U-turning until you've seen the opponent's team enough that you feel comfortable with actually dealing damage. Worrying about Gyarados isn't because Scizor is bad, but because you use stupid things like Tentacruel, slap HP Electric on it, and hope it can counter Gyarados.
    ScarfCruel revenge kills. I scrapped the defensive set.

BULLET PUNCH OH MY GOD IS IT REALLY THAT HARD TO SEE?
    Against Gyarados? I kinda made that unclear, my bad.

Although I'm still pulling for Metagross, I'll consider Scizor. I realized that I was relying on theorymon a bit too much (Archer moment). Maybe its time to veer away from CAP (Theorymon central) for a while...

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Wait...are you SERIOUSLY using "ScarfCruel"? Not to completely undermine D_A's suggestion (which means I'm about to), but doesn't that just SCREAM desperate? Tentacruel has lower damage output than Scarf Dugtrio (since Dugtrio has stronger attacks and usually runs Adamant for a Scarf set), and keep in mind that Dugtrio barely 2HKOes Blissey with a Choice Banded, STAB Earthquake. Please don't do this to yourself. Awesome, HP Electric does 80% MAX to Gyarados (4 HP/0 SDef) (aka even with SR damage, there's a good chance that Gyarados SURVIVES the attack). That's just plain sad. Tentacruel is epic Pursuit bait anyway and doesn't like Tar's SS either. Defensive Tentacruel is a disgrace to Pokemon; Scarf Tentacruel is sacrilege. Like seriously. @_@

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Wait...are you SERIOUSLY using "ScarfCruel"? Not to completely undermine D_A's suggestion (which means I'm about to), but doesn't that just SCREAM desperate? Tentacruel has lower damage output than Scarf Dugtrio (since Dugtrio has stronger attacks and usually runs Adamant for a Scarf set), and keep in mind that Dugtrio barely 2HKOes Blissey with a Choice Banded, STAB Earthquake. Please don't do this to yourself. Awesome, HP Electric does 80% MAX to Gyarados (4 HP/0 SDef) (aka even with SR damage, there's a good chance that Gyarados SURVIVES the attack). That's just plain sad. Tentacruel is epic Pursuit bait anyway and doesn't like Tar's SS either. Defensive Tentacruel is a disgrace to Pokemon; Scarf Tentacruel is sacrilege. Like seriously. @_@

I had Tentacruel originally as an answer to Infernape. If there's something else that keeps Infernape at bay and answers Gyarados and Mence, I'm open for suggestions.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Vaporeon answers both the original threats effectively, and isn't retarded like Tentacruel. As for Mence, well, if you use Scizor, you have some decent Mence insurance, not to mention Gyarados and Swampert can sort of check Mence (Gyarados thanks to Intimidate).

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I had Tentacruel originally as an answer to Infernape. If there's something else that keeps Infernape at bay and answers Gyarados and Mence, I'm open for suggestions.

Awesome Close Combat (yes, RESISTED Close Combat) 2HKOes Tentacruel. Nice answer to Infernape =/

You're basically limited to Choice Scarf Starmie...>_> AKA your team's defensive structure is rather flimsy. You can't just throw in some random Choice Scarfer and be "okay" against the threats...maybe on paper, but most Scarfers have a serious problem with Pursuit and SS (like Tentacruel and Starmie...) and are easy to set up on after the revenge kill.

"Where the Heck is Your Synergy, Dude?"

Your paragraph not only doesn't answer that (Tyraniboah clears out Blissey? Blissey can [and will] switch out?), but it also shows that there isn't an answer...I don't see much synergy (though it's not as bad as some RMTs, to be fair). This comes off to me as a pretty mediocre balanced team...heavy stall is going to murder this, and heavy offense probably will too. and no, Boah doesn't deal with heavy stall like at all. It's a pretty poor Tyranitar set to be honest.

To fix: Get the dead weight/hurtful stuff taken out, AKA Tyranitar and Tentacruel. what to replace it with is your call. Also, Scizor is generally > Metagross, especially since nothing actually takes advantage of its greatest asset, which is Explosion.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Yeah, I've been gone all weekend doing fun things. Shoot me if you want.

Vaporeon answers both the original threats effectively, and isn't retarded like Tentacruel. As for Mence, well, if you use Scizor, you have some decent Mence insurance, not to mention Gyarados and Swampert can sort of check Mence (Gyarados thanks to Intimidate).
    What about Starmie? It could do well against Ape and GYara, and revenge kill Mence if it was scarfed. (Trying to keep the speed factor in)

Awesome Close Combat (yes, RESISTED Close Combat) 2HKOes Tentacruel. Nice answer to Infernape =/
    SD Infernape only though, standard Mixape lands a 3HKO (Smogon)

You're basically limited to Choice Scarf Starmie...>_> AKA your team's defensive structure is rather flimsy. You can't just throw in some random Choice Scarfer and be "okay" against the threats...maybe on paper, but most Scarfers have a serious problem with Pursuit and SS (like Tentacruel and Starmie...) and are easy to set up on after the revenge kill.

"Where the Heck is Your Synergy, Dude?"

Your paragraph not only doesn't answer that (Tyraniboah clears out Blissey? Blissey can [and will] switch out?), but it also shows that there isn't an answer...I don't see much synergy (though it's not as bad as some RMTs, to be fair). This comes off to me as a pretty mediocre balanced team...heavy stall is going to murder this, and heavy offense probably will too. and no, Boah doesn't deal with heavy stall like at all. It's a pretty poor Tyranitar set to be honest.

To fix: Get the dead weight/hurtful stuff taken out, AKA Tyranitar and Tentacruel. what to replace it with is your call. Also, Scizor is generally > Metagross, especially since nothing actually takes advantage of its greatest asset, which is Explosion.

Ok, so scrap Meta, Tar, and Tenta. Scizor comes in (did some playtesting on Shoddy, Scizor fared better than Meta) over Meta, standard CB set. As for heavy stall, Mixape destroys SkarmBliss, and Cress dies to Scizor. When Cress dies, Mixape owns, when SkarmBliss dies on heavy stall, Scizor owns. I decided to run a bulky Sweeper Suicune set from one of my old teams to answer against Infernape (always survives a CC, I think) and Gyarados. Mence is checked by Gyara/Pert/Scizor.

Back