• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sparks & Shocks - Electric Rodents Fanclub! ϟ

Years
Hey guys! So there's news circulating regarding new trademarked mega evolutions, two of which include Plusle and Minun. If you scroll down a bit here (and can read Japanese or have a translator to do the work for you) you'll notice that several Pokemon are listed (with images) regarding new trademarked megas.

Soo that means Plusle and Minun have a shot at getting mega evolutions. What do you all think?

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
I give in. I'm joining.

Username: Murkmire
Partner Rodent: Raichu
Answer the Topic: What do you think of Dedenne, the new electric rodent introduced in the sixth generation? Not really too fond if it, quite honestly. Maybe if it had an evo, but... just a gimmick Pokemon. Like Farfetch'd.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Soo that means Plusle and Minun have a shot at getting mega evolutions. What do you all think?

That sounds lovely! Plusle and Minun are meant to be played together in doubles, with their Plus and Minus abilities, that boosts their SpA when they're together in battle. Because of this, I don't think they're going to get different abilities when mega evolved, unless it's an upgrade to their current abilities; however they won't be able to be played together and have both mega evolve, which is a shame.

They're probably going to get a nice 505 BST (+100 to their current stats), a boost that's definitely very welcomed, so they should get more attention. I wonder what they're gonna look like ^_^

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It's pretty cool that they're getting megas; people rarely use them, so perhaps this could give them a popularity boost of sorts. :) Personally, though, I would have liked them to get at least one evolution form before obtaining something like this; to me, they still look like babies, just like how most first-stage Pokémon are such as Pichu, Torchic, Elekid, Magby, and Squirtle.

Years
Aw, Murk, but Dedenne is so fat and cute! :( But I respect your opinion, I never thought I'd like him either but the anime and game sprite made me attached. Welcome to the club, by the way~

And agreed, MIAU and Ashley. Though I'm not sure if I can even envision a Plusle/Minun evolution since it doesn't seem like they can really go further with their designs. Maybe I just need to dig through some fanart!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Mega rodents? Sounds like a bad idea to me honestly :( If you guys have seen Mega Sableye then you'll probably know they aren't doing a good job at making small cute things into big scary Mega Pokémon, and given how simple most of the electric rodent designs are (not in a bad way, it makes them cuter!) I really do find it difficult to see how mega formes would work. Mega Raichu is a definite possibility (which I would honestly be amazed if it wasn't released soon), but otherwise I'd hard pressed to think of any of the rodents that I would warrant giving a mega forme to.

Can you guys imagine a Mega Pachirisu though? Super squirrel of doom aiyeeeeh ♥

Years
Google kind of sort of ruined mega Pachirisu for me. I can't envision it outside what I've seen there as all the fanart looked oddly.. ferocious. xD; That's not Pachirisu at all! Hopefully one of these days someone proves me wrong with a cute picture of it. I'd draw it myself if I could envision it properly.

For those of you who've played B/W and/or B/W2, did Elesa's Emolgas give you trouble? I've seen plenty of people get annoyed from their Volt Switch and am curious just how many of said people are in the club, baha.

Years
Username: Absolus
Partner: Emolga!
Question: Do you guys have any favorite fanart of electric rodents?
Spoiler:

This one is based off Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity.

My love of Emolga stemmed from the Mystery Dungeon games. Even though I think Gates of Infinity is the weakest in the series in terms of storyline, I still love the characters. Especially Emolga.

Years
Username: Smooth Shuckle
Partner Rodent (choose one): Dedenne
Answer the Topic: What do you think of Dedenne, the new electric rodent introduced in the sixth generation?: At first I was quite disappointed with it; not having an evolution was a big deal breaker for me. Its adorableness and unique typing drew me in though, it became my new favorite rodent electric rodent and one of my favorite fairy types.

Years
New members! <3 Big welcome to the club!

Aw yes I love Emolga too, Absolus, especially in Gates to Infinity. It was such a stuck-up little brat but still a very lovable Pokemon who cared a lot about Dunsparce. Made my like Dunsparce more as well, haha. But it does very well in battle too.. Acrobatics is pretty awesome.

Agreed as well, Shuckle. Dedenne isn't the strongest electric rodent - in fact, it's far from it - but the typing is really cute. Still hard for me to see it as a fairy type but I won't complain.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Username: Ansirent
Partner Rodent (choose one):Pikachu
Answer the Topic: If I was Ash i would take Pikachu as he is. I don't want Pikachu to be evolved in Raichu. Becuase Pikachu is the best. And its impossible to utter a single word about the greatness and cuteness of Pikachu. The best Pokemon for me is Pikachu.

Years
Big welcome to the club. =) Awesome to have you aboard!

Yeah, Pikachu has always been one of my very favorite Pokemon. I used to want to be one as a kid even! Seeing Ash's Pikachu evolve would just be way too weird at this point so I don't think I'd ever want that.

Aaand remember that there's another topic up now that hasn't been answered by many yet. Anyone who's interested let us know if Elesa's Emolgas give you trouble during battle in B/W and B/W2!

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Elesa's two Emolga definitely gave me trouble when I first challenged her in White. I might have challenged her twice even, and lost, and I remember I actually went back and caught a Tympole and evolved it into Palpitoad before trying again. Volt Switch really threw me off guard, that's for sure.

In White 2, I can't really remember what happened, so I'm just gonna assume that it wasn't as bad, haha.

Years
Did Elesa's Emolgas give you trouble during battle in B/W and B/W2!

Nope they didn't in fact in Black I had a strategy using a Zebstrika (whose abilities make it immune to Electric moves) meaning Volt Switch wouldn't work and then hit them with Shock Wave (so I could have a way to get around Double Team's evasion boosts) and then once Elesa used her Zebstrika I just did a Flame Charge spam.

For Black 2/White 2, I trained up a Sandslash for the battle. Sadly the little guy didn't stay on my team for the rest of the game.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Did Elesa's Emolga give you trouble in your battle with her in B/W and/or B/W2?

For B/W, I had a Krokorok with moves other than Dig. Need I say more?

As for B/W2, hat I had with me during my battle with her were a Dewott, a Crobat and a Lucario with Bone Rush. Since Ground-type attacks don't affect Flying-types and I wanted to save Lucario for Flaaffy and Zebstrika (I had some sort of weird strategy with my Pokemon which is kinda hard to explain), I used my Crobat against Emolga with Bite in hopes of flinching it and eventually killing it off before finishing off the rest with Lucario. It took a few tries to get the flinch to kick in, and I won the battle in the end with no casualties and minimal scratches. \o/ Trouble? A little. Difficult? Not that much.

Back