• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Anyone Else Feeling 'Post-Game Depression'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I finished Pokemon sun last night and the ending really got to me somehow. I started feeling it after I beat the pokemon league and Lille made it much worse especially after the credits and that picture with rotom when you first get the poke finder. It's still really getting to me a day later, I still feel really empty. I think a big part of it is the impact of pokemon on my life. I've been playing since I was 3 years old and now i'm 18 back into it again, all these memories coming back from pokemon probably has a lot to do with the feeling i'm having.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Having a post-game that's lacking is something that was expected since Sun & Moon are the first games of a new generation, and it's something that tends to happen with those gen-introductory games. But I'm sure the next games after S/M will offer more.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2016
    Im currently on the E4 but I already know Im probably going to catch every legendary, transfer all my pokemon to pokebank and reset hearing from the lackluster postgame.

From what I've seen so far the female character has a far more creative assortment of clothing options, I know it sounds shallow and petty, but at the end of the day having an unique character would be nice.

From the original Red and blue up untill this game I've always chosen the male character. It's just that I never bought anything to customize my character cause the male assortment of shorts and short sleeved shirts all with different textures, but still the same models non the less, are just (in my humble opinion) boring.

What I wish for you to take away from this is go finish the dex do what you want, travel the region and get to really enjoy the overworld without the tunnel vision of wanting to progress, beat every trainer, catch every legendary, go find shinies and rare items, breed the "perfect" pokemons, take a break if you need to, but when you're good and ready transfer your dear mons and start over if you ever feel like playing again. Unless you got both versions ofcourse...

Last edited:
    Years
  • I can understand Ammako's point. The post-game as of late seems to focus mainly on training competitive teams and that's when you can feel the post-game depression.

Years
  • Every game after B2W2 has had a terrible post-game imo. I get the feeling that I'll just restart these games a whole bunch of times when I've finished the main storyline since the main plot of the games is the best part.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    Yes the post-game offers legendaries and gift Pokemons like Porygon and Typne: Null but some of the main characters are really hard to battle and Blue and Red was the hardest ones to fight.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I have done everything post game (Catch all the UBs, legendaries and challenge my Blue boy), even tried to SOS shiny hunt (But they hate me anyway so I gave up).

Really nothing much now except going on PokePelago.

Years
  • Yep I complete the League yesterday and the Post game Looker quest today.
    Plus learning they didn't add any trainer grinding like the battle chateau has made me feel a little meh regarding competing the Dex as its not going to be as fun as it was in X and AS without the faster levelling.
    Plus not interested in Battle Royale or Battle tree as they use competitive rules (lv50/100 limits and no switching pokemon before opponent brings out next poke).

So meh kinda sad no real story left now, but I will start Dex soon.

Years
  • I really miss Lillie.

I think this sets up for a pretty good third game or sequel, assuming one is going to happen (hopefully it does!). Just imagine Lillie making a return as a really strong Trainer!

A sequel would be great and entirely possible, I want the story to come to a better conclusion!

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2016
    Don't worry your not alone. I feel the same depression. Lillie left the Game, and there is basically no one you have with you after the main story. I hope the pokemn company makes a dlc or something to let us Meet lillie...

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Gonna close this because it's two years old already; but you're more than welcome to start a new thread about it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back