• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [SPOILERS] Game Release Information DISCUSSION/CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Did you know pokemon get Homesick? when a johto pokemon is in kanto, they get frustrated or sad, but if you take them back to johto right after that, they are calm and willing to give hugs :)

This actually makes me wonder if you can even evolve a Johto Pokemon in Kanto. :cer_confused:

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    You could always switch the Pokemon you want to evolve so it's not following you. Or maybe all Pokemon in your party get homesick?

i think it's johto get's homesick in kanto, kanto get's homesick in johto
    i'll have to further test this tomorrow
    ps just caught ho-oh
    going to bed now- when i wake up, i'll do some more testing with this homesick feature

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    That's interesting, I didn't know that. I don't even really pay attention to the Pokemon behind me... especially since I can't read Japanese, so I can't read the little messages that display. But somehow I doubt that it would prevent them from evolving, that seems a little unfair.

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
    what about chikorita? yes, it's true, the game is really hard with chikorita, but if you're good, you can fly through the game (like i did)
    and register trainers on you're phone, and they will give you the stones (not sure which ones though)

You see, the thing about Chikorita is....it sucks XP

Years
    moonstone?

I needz moonstone. I just did the lighthouse part where you heal the amphy.
    should i go try in the cave after violet city?

can we discuss how god awful the music is?

i would rather listen to my friend rape cats than listen to this garbage

language?
    i think the music is great.... especially in the park... it reminds me of a game called 'braid'.
    :D

Last edited:

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
    Figured out a way to get around my save problem earlier today a bit time consuming but eh I don't lose training time.

Anyway still training but should be ready to Cherrygrove City soon hopefully.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The music isnt as different or as bad as people complain. Its refreshing and nostalgic at the same time. I wont even need the GB Player. I guess some people arent as needy as others though :/

Years
    You are either a troll, or less educated than you are led to believe. The entire soundtrack, as I have heard it, is freakin' brilliantly composed. It's a perfect combination of new and old, intricate and simple.

Oh and forgive the Pokemon "fanboy" for being a "fanboy" in a Pokemon forum.

One more thing... If you don't like the music as it is, use the item in the game that changes it back to 8-bit.

Troll fed. It was worth it.
    And you sir, are awesome. :)
    Anyways, still nobody on that moon stone? :(

Tyros

Professor Walnut: Shiny Expert
    Years
    We've had a minor influx of trolls today, haven't we? Huh...

Aw well, sometimes it just feels waaaaaay too good to counter a Troll's stupidity to pass up. XD

Anyway.
    I honestly don't believe anyone should complain about much of the stuff in HG/SS, unless there's something that truly doesn't make a lick of sense. Like that phrase... <__<;

I mean... Game Freak obviously poured their heart and soul (Ha... Yeah.) into crafting a set of games that would be both nostalgic, and fresh. Unlike with FireRed/LeafGreen, this game sees so many new features, it's simply amazing to look at! Beyond that, the music is just as beautiful.
    I realize the most recent bashers were trolls... But I think it would be great for much of people on many Pokemon forums to just take a step back and understand that when someone develops a game, they have their own vision of how they want it to turn out.

Sure, they want to market it - that's important.
    Sure, they want it to be liked - why else would they even try to make it?

But at the same time, when someone's making a game, or almost anything, they're working to put their thoughts and ideas into an interactive form. Sure, sometimes these thoughts and ideas may not be exactly what you wanted, but why get angry when it's still great overall? They don't work to cater to specific desires. If you want a game that does that, go out and make your own. They work to make what they envision, first of all, and to make that accessible to potential buyers.

Sorry, just wanted to get that off my chest.
    Main point is, I think we should be congratulating GF on a game well-made instead of constantly wondering why the feature 'I' wanted didn't make it in.

- Tyros

Ooka

Years
    Sir Willis said:
    Anyways, still nobody on that moon stone?

I believe if you get your mom to hold your money for you, she buys you one (Around the time when you're about to go to Azalea, if I remember right). Also, if it's like the originals, you can find yourself a Clefairy holding a Moon Stone.

Ooka

Years
    Oh, hm, must be different from the originals. XD

Well, then I honestly couldn't tell you where to find one. :P

Years
    Oh, hm, must be different from the originals. XD

Well, then I honestly couldn't tell you where to find one. :P
    okay, well maybe i'll go try the well. :S

EDIT: okay, simply put, you need to go to Azelea town and run around, when she buys you another item, it's the moonstone. problem was, i never stayed there for long enoguh to get her to buy me something. LOL.
    thanks ooka, for you help
    ;)

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    How do you guys feel about the extreme detail of the games this time.. Dound effects, detailed over world sprites, land scaping, ect.?

Ooka

Years
    How do you guys feel about the extreme detail of the games this time.. Dound effects, detailed over world sprites, land scaping, ect.?

I'll put it this way, if they want to go much farther with the series anytime within the next decade, they're going to have to move to a platform for the mainstream games. But for now, I think all the features work great for the DS, as well as the Pokemon series.

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years

I think one of my friends put it best when he saw the title screen for SS the first time he said, 'Those are the best 3-D graphics I have ever seen on a DS.'

Personally I am in love with this game. I personally prefer Lugia but the minute I saw Ho-Oh on top of the Tin Tower for the first time I saw blown away by the beauty of the graphics.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Im mostly impressed with the Elite Four stages. Its so divine and that is exactly the description of Lances stage. Its set the bar high for future E4 Stages.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back