• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [SPOILERS] Game Release Information DISCUSSION/CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Pretty sure that all goes on right after you beat the Elite 4, or else as soon as you get Waterfall.

Years
    That's the same part I'm at, haha.
    I'm oging really slow tho, like evenly training my pokemon. swapping them around etc. lol.
    makes it easier in the long run.
    EDIT: and if you could choose between Ampharos and Ariados, which would you pick?
    I'm stumped as to which I should get. I think Amphy would be better, but. yeah.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    I'm oging really slow tho, like evenly training my pokemon. swapping them around etc. lol.
    makes it easier in the long run.
    EDIT: and if you could choose between Ampharos and Ariados, which would you pick?
    I'm stumped as to which I should get. I think Amphy would be better, but. yeah.

Ampharos would be better, if you looking for a pokemon to defeat dark type pokemon it learns the bug type move Signal Beam at level 42 i believe which would be perfect for Karen's Umbreon

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    I personally picked Ampharos, I just think it's got better all-around stats than Ariados, and I think it looks quite a bit cooler.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years

I'll put it this way, if they want to go much farther with the series anytime within the next decade, they're going to have to move to a platform for the mainstream games. But for now, I think all the features work great for the DS, as well as the Pokemon series.

You have a point, but as we all know the main series games have always been on handhelds. If they moved to a console, I'd always have a niggling fear that they'd end up feeling a little tacky. Unless they put gallons of effort into them, they run the risk of turning out like Colloseum did. Not as good as they could be.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    With the console thing Gamefeak has been interviewed and they are not moving from the handheld scene because its awesome and they love their 2D. Madness I say...

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Try catching an Ice type in Ice Cave. Or you could level up the Red Gyarados a bit and it'll learn Ice Fang.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    People, let's be more careful to stay on topic, please. =P

As for questions, please ask them in the Questions and Answers thread - leave this one for discussion only, please.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back