• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [SPOILERS] Game Release Information DISCUSSION/CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Hmmm, thats interesting. Maybe the Event is just based on the Johto part and thats the location the Movie/Event Celebi will have?

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    It wouldn't be based on the Johto part. For whatever reason, Pokemon traded from HgSs appear as from a "Faraway Place" rather than from "Johto." Serebii already tested this right when the game came out. It would have to be based on the fact that you had a Celebi, any Celebi.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    OMG IT CAME.

Both games are sitting right next to me as I type this. I am so impressed. The boxart is lovely for both of the games, it's really impressive. And the Pokewalker is tinnnnyyy~

Amazing amazing amazing amazing. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm probably going to become a hermit for the next few days while I play my games. Hehehe...

Last edited:
    Years
    It wouldn't be based on the Johto part. For whatever reason, Pokemon traded from HgSs appear as from a "Faraway Place" rather than from "Johto." Serebii already tested this right when the game came out. It would have to be based on the fact that you had a Celebi, any Celebi.
    Yeah, but what I was referring to was the Home Town ID. Basically, there's the place that it was caught, but then the game adds a signature as to which game it was caught in. So, technically, you could do it with any Celebi from any location as long as the game signature for it was from HG/SS.

OMG IT CAME.
    Both games are sitting right next to me as I type this. I am so impressed. The boxart is lovely for both of the games, it's really impressive. And the Pokewalker is tinnnnyyy~
    Amazing amazing amazing amazing. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm probably going to become a hermit for the next few days while I play my games. Hehehe...
    You'll get so addicted, I can promise you that. ;)

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years

This could be based on the fact that it's a Japanese version of the game.
    How do we not know that the english version won't say Johto?

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    Because unless they change it for this game only, it will be the same for the English release. If you transfer a Japanese Pokemon to an English game, it still has the correct localization, and when Platinum came out in Japan, Japanese Plat Pokemon transferred to English DP also had the correct location. It would be possible for them to change it, but I doubt they will, and it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that it's a Japanese game, it's just the way it's coded.

Anyways for the hometown thing, I haven't heard any information about if that's what was predicted or not. The people who told me it was from a Faraway Place never put it into Pokesav to check the Hometown, so I'm unsure. Someone should try to transfer a Celebi from a different Hometown to see if that works for the event.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    In other news, a new in-game trade was discovered by Serebii lately within HeartGold and SoulSilver. It is a bit different from others within this game and those before it. At some point after defeating Jasmine, she will call you up on the PokéGear requesting a trade. Her trade to you will be a Steelix holding a Soothe Bell. However, the difference here is that you can trade her any Pokémon of your choice. So basically, this comes as a free trade depending on what you choose to give her in exchange for the Steelix.

RockmanEXE

Unova?
    Years
    OMG IT CAME.

Lucky. I'm still playing Platinum.

I refuse to import or download the ROM.

Years
    In other news, a new in-game trade was discovered by Serebii lately within HeartGold and SoulSilver. It is a bit different from others within this game and those before it. At some point after defeating Jasmine, she will call you up on the PokéGear requesting a trade. Her trade to you will be a Steelix holding a Soothe Bell. However, the difference here is that you can trade her any Pokémon of your choice. So basically, this comes as a free trade depending on what you choose to give her in exchange for the Steelix.
    That's a really great addon to the game because the Steelix can prove to be quite useful, especially as it isn't (I dont think) available in the wild. Does it come with any egg moves or special items?

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    At some point after defeating Jasmine, she will call you up on the PokéGear requesting a trade. Her trade to you will be a Steelix holding a Soothe Bell. However, the difference here is that you can trade her any Pokémon of your choice.

If only I wasn't impatient and looked for scanlated versions of HG/SS before the Japanese versions... ;D; She's still in the gym after you beat her, right? Wow, I'm so fail... I just finished beating TR at Goldenrod and now I have to go through the Ice Path. Great, I hate puzzles. >:0

Oh yeah, the PokeWalker...

Reminds me of the Pocket Pikachu, sorta. At one point in my life I was crazy over Tamagotchis and stuff like this, and now I wish I got a legit version of HG or SS. @.@ The English release will include the PokeWalker, yes?

When will Nintendo/WiiWare release the HG/SS update for Pokemon Ranch, or will they even?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    That's a really great addon to the game because the Steelix can prove to be quite useful, especially as it isn't (I dont think) available in the wild. Does it come with any egg moves or special items?
    It is unknown if it comes with any special egg moves, however like I mentioned when you do trade for Steelix, it will be found holding the Soothe Bell.

She's still in the gym after you beat her, right?

The English release will include the PokeWalker, yes?

When will Nintendo/WiiWare release the HG/SS update for Pokemon Ranch, or will they even?
    She is still in the Gym after beating her yes, though it is known that she will be found missing elsewhere when getting ready for the rematch. As for where she will be located when time for the trade, I assume it will be in her gym, we'll see.

Nothing has been mentioned on whether or not the PokéWalker will be included with the US version of HeartGold and SoulSilver. However, with everything mentioned about it and to promote physical exercise there is a very high possibility that it shall be brought in with the game outside of Japan.

As for a new release of Pokémon Ranch solely for HGSS, I cannot answer that as I have not looked into it.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I actually like the whole Shining Leaf thing. I wish I didnt know about and just happened to find it myself. Would have been a sweet surprise.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Just a little cool fact, in respective games, the HM screens match the mascot color of the games.

HG-Gold
    SS-Silver

:>

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back