• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [SPOILERS] Game Release Information DISCUSSION/CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Old news. Us mangafags already knew the deal with Silver and Giovanni, and it was only a matter of time until it was actually made game canon (see comment by Rocket Grunt in FRLG: "Giovanni's son has red hair" or something).

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Although it's been heavily hinted to before in the games, now it has actually been confirmed - which wasn't necessarily a given. Furthermore the manga =/= games in terms of canon - there are quite a few differences between them.

At any rate, it's neat info, but as mentioned this was found a few days ago, and has been discussed in the Game Release Info Discussion sticky at the top of this section... so hence, going to merge there. =P

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Have we discovered anything about the use of PokeWalker Jirachi? It's supposed to unlock an in-game area, right?

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Oh.... I really want the game... But these ruined HG And SS. There was only three days....
    Blah nothing can ruin those games. Plus, you don't want spoilers, don't go to Pokemon forums.

People, i'm desperate. Is there a move relearner in this game? Like one who can teach Piloswine Ancientpower? I always get the impression i'm being skipped or I just don't notice but it's really important to me .-l

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Blah nothing can ruin those games. Plus, you don't want spoilers, don't go to Pokemon forums.

People, i'm desperate. Is there a move relearner in this game? Like one who can teach Piloswine Ancientpower? I always get the impression i'm being skipped or I just don't notice but it's really important to me .-l
    Yes there is, the link to the Serebii page is here. This post should go in the Quick Question and Answers thread so your post can get answered with more detail.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Hell yes! Rotom no longer requires the Secret Key to get the Formes, u can just take him to Silph Co.

Apparently Gizamimi Pichu was brought to Ilex Forest by Celebi.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    what about chikorita? yes, it's true, the game is really hard with chikorita, but if you're good, you can fly through the game (like i did)
    and register trainers on you're phone, and they will give you the stones (not sure which ones though)
    Yo I was never a big fan of Meganium lol

EDIT: sweet, Now I can get the lawnmower :3

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • How do you guys feel about the extreme detail of the games this time.. Dound effects, detailed over world sprites, land scaping, ect.?
    The extreme detail within the game is what makes it more or less better than thoe before it. You can tell a lot of thought and work has been put into it as well as making it just as equally enjoying for the fans, plus more. So, I think what has been done including sound, sprites, plot and all was done exceptionally well and truly defines what a remake is.

Well that is certainly a good list of info.
    https://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=10449760&postcount=7054
    It seems a lot more is hidden then we thought.
    A lot of information given off here, but the tests and proven true details is what catches me the most. It is interesting to hear that the NEP has been traveling with Celebi all the time, but in a way makes sense in why it was found infront of the Celebi Shrine.

Nevertheless, I like how things are playing out in this game, because one thing leads to another and the end of the ropes continue on with a backstory which leaves players entact and not intentionally lost.

that is a lot of info :) rage candy bars a key item? awesome
    Having the rage candy bar as a Key Item makes sense. It is known that DPPt doesn't have data on the bar, so to keep compatability without any problems, they simply placed the original Johto bar as a key item within the game.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    so i am almost certain that the pokemon get homesick (yes i'm on this again)
    1st one was in Mt Silver, Second one was in Cianwood
    these were right after eachother

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    If pokemon get homesick then I wonder if traded Pokemon from DPPt are constantly sad.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Its not the case because my Roserade is quite happy a lot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back