• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spore is coming out soon! =D

Are you excited about Spore?

• Yes

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    Spore, the full version is almost out! Who else is excited? I'm going to try to buy it the first day it comes out.

anyways, I can't wait to see if anyone else here is buying it, I would also love to see other peoples creature designs.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    I've been playing it for two days now. Almost at the end of the civilization stage! :D

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Might get it, dunno, some friends of mine are playing it tho 0.o

Greetings

I liek bananaz D:
    Years
    It sounds good since it's the same maker of all Sims console games.
    But still, can't wait.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Be quiet.
    The day my PC is sent off to be destroyed due to an unclearable virus, you bring up the S word
    I've followed this game's progress for literally years and now I have no way to play in the weeks prior to its release.
    I hate you all :P
    [/rant]

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    Spore? I thought it was already out like, a month or so ago for the computer. o__O My friend got it for her computer; it's pretty cool. I like how you can upload videos of your Spore creatures onto YouTube right from the game itself. :3

-Neko

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    I mean the full version, not the Creature Creator, I realize it's already out for some of you, but not here (I don't think it is anyways)

SpartanPatriot

It was fun....goodbye.
    Years
    I just bought it today for my mac. Wanted it for PC so i will check to see if it will work for both of my computers. iPod touch version not out yet.... :(

Parabolic

wutizdisiduneven
    Years
    Got it two days ago, got two races to Space stage, and I'm having fun cruising around the universe terraforming and setting up intergalactic relations with other empires. :)

You can see my creations under the name of "Kalonis" in the online Sporepedia. I'm meaning to change my username if I can. I set it up when I had the Creature Creator and was trying to find a good username. >.>;

Years
    Well I was going to buy it but then I read some reviews and asked some friends and they weren't very impressed with it. For one I've been hearing about the security problem people have been having with it and two that it is just to easy to get to the space stage. Though I'm going to buy it anyway and see formyself because I don't trust anyone with reviews these days XD

ThunderThylacine

Finally! All 493 Pokemon!
    Years
    I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not sure if it will be my thing.
    I LOVE The Sims, but I find games like Sim City and Civilizations about as fun as a poke in the eye with a blunt stick. However, reading up on spore I am quite excited about it. I think I'll definately have a go. Not sure what system to get it on though. I'd prefer DS because it can go anywhere, but I think the PC version would be more in-depth. Anyone want to confirm this?

Parabolic

wutizdisiduneven
    Years
    It's only "easy" to get to the space stage if you are on Easy difficulty. Normal is a completely new ballpark, in my opinion. I haven't tried Hard yet, but I am going to once I get my rank up to Onicient on my current game... I'm at Admiral right now... gonna be a while. >.>;

Also, to answer ThunderThylacine's concern, the only part of the game that really plays like Civilization is the stage of the same name and SIm City aspects are very few and not all that big of a deal in space stage.

Here's a run-down... Cell plays like a single player adventure where you swim around, eat, fend off predators, and evolve. Creature plays like an MMO style single player RPG where your creature parts give you stats and you can either befriend a different species and add them to your pack or hunt them down and have them for dinner. Tribal stage is like a simple RTS kind of like Warcraft where you either ally with or fight other tribes. Civilization stage plays almost exactly like the Civilization games. You start a nation and you ally with other nations or go to war with them. The ultimate goal of that stage is to attain total global dominance through whatever means you choose. Finally, space stage is an accumulation of all you have done so far. You can expand your empire by setting up colonies and terraforming planets and set up relations with other empires by, again, either allying and trading with, or going to war with them. You can also be an explorer and search the universe for artifacts and undiscovered systems. The ultimate goal of that path would obviously be finding Earth among the literally thousands of planets in the game.

I am currently exploring and setting up relations with other empires as I go along. I have set up some trade routes with the Shaell Empire and, once I get the money, I plan on buying one of their systems, which is an option if a trade route becomes successful enough. I've found I think around 500 star systems and I still have only found maybe a good 3% of the total universe in the game. It's staggeringly huge...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back