• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spotlight of the Month - November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
    I'm a day late, sorry!

Games

1. Pokémon ★ NeoEras
    by Vampire://Krimm

Excerpt from the storyline:
    Now, the actual plot begins with our hero/heroine, their sister, and their mother. The hero has lived their entire life in one of the largest cities of the neighboring Iouso Region, primarily because their father had initially been working under one of the research companies of the area. In the past few years, however, the father had been transferred to a small lab in Hoenn which has caused a bit of a fallout between him and his wife. The mother, having had enough of the city life, promptly decides to move the hero and their sister to a small town in the rural southern half of the Outa Region (which is only a short boat ride from their home city). After a hardy welcome from the entire town, the hero finds themself locked away upstairs, watching a particularly disturbing news program.

The news announces that a robbery took place in one of the few cities of Southern Outa, which is an unusual occurrence in itself. Not having much time to think, the hero's mother whisks her children outside in order to let herself finish unpacking in peace...

Screenshots:

2. Forever Lost
    by Abnegation

Excerpt from the storyline:
    Hawthorne, a region far more diverse than most, streams, mountains and forests surround each town and city. Every place of dwelling in Hawthorne has it's own story to tell, it's own character if you will. Our story begins with a young boy/girl from the region of Hoenn who moved to Hawthorne at a young age with both their mother and father.The family experienced some hardship not to long after our hero's 15th birthday. The father of the family went missing without trace. He was always a loyal man to the
    family, he was the foundation and always strived for success. He was a bit influence on our hero and they had always looked up to him and his talent in Pokemon battling.The hero's mother was devastated and wishes every day for her husband to return, though she has no idea as to where he could be.

Upon the hero's 16th birthday, Prof. Signomi calls looking for them, explaining that it's their turn to follow in their father's footsteps, by finding a purpose in which to undertake a journey throughout the region of Hawthorne. The hero's mother had anticipated the leave and outlined that this could be a chance to look for the missing father.
    However, every journey needs a path, the path our hero is going to take is that of hoping to take on the Hawthorne Pokemon League. Defeating the E4 and the champion hails a trainer with respect beyond imaginable in the eyes of the region and was a dream passed on by our hero's father. There is a condition however, there are 8 leaders scattered across the region, each holding a badge in which you must obtain in order to gain access to the league. Each leader holds a specific type of pokemon also. Hawthorne is a particular region, the further you are to delve, the more powerful pokemon and trainers become. The region is becoming increasingly more dangerous, the crime rate has grown more intense, not to mention that the
    very statement links to the rumours of an apparent group of trainers with less than good intentions whom "will do anything for success"...

Screenshots:

3. Pokémon Garnet
    by mercurysky

Storyline:
    «The question is: to rein consciously our destiny, or to be swept by the flow of time because of our ignorance?
    Isiah's very roots are to be shaken, the cycle of life changed forever. In the midst of our heart a new fear spreads. The biggest shadow is concealed by light, as much as the darkest place is a lighthouse's base.
    The confine between myth and reality has never been so small.»

Screenshots:

Well, now, just post which game you'd like to see and whichever game gets the most votes shall have their thread stickied.

SoaringSomeone

Residential Sprite Slave
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2014
    I'm pretty torn between these choices. All three have wonderful aspects that stand out. However, I think I'll go with Forever Lost in the end.

Good luck to all the games though.

Years
    All 3 of these games are great, but Pokemon Garnet is the game that gets my vote.

Justification: Pokemon Garnet has heightened the standards of fangames since the day it was first posted here at PC. The rich environments created by Garnet's team of pixel artists help tell the intricate and compelling storyline that Hydragirium has in the works, albeit it's being revealed little by little. In all honesty, no game matches Garnet in terms of pixel art, and judging by what has already been revealed, their fakedex is one of the best. Few games here in the showcase have captivated onlookers more than Pokemon Garnet; it's hard not to be captivated when you see all of the magnificent screenshots that give you a glimpse at this great game.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    Forever Lost gets my vote. To me, it's the most developed of the projects selected and it seems to have wonderful visuals.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2023
    My vote would have to go to Forever Lost, but it is a tough call.

Spira

Programmer for Pokemon Eternity
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2023
    NeoErras is my favorite of the bunch.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
    The voting is over, and congratulations to Abnegation for getting the most votes with Forever Lost! This fine young man shall receive a stickied thread as his prize.

Thank you all for voting!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back