• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ze_gobou

All Your Base Are Belong To Us
Years
  • Does anyone know a good tutorial for Diamond/pearl -style town maps ? thanks in advance.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • You mean, like how to map them, as in the layout of the town? There is really no style to that, you just map it how you like it.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
  • I made my second scratch sprite. Let me know what you think.
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    It's pretty boring. Not many people enjoy looking at random orange blobs. Plus it looks like it looks really flat.

Spriters Showcase Thread

well I decided to sprite myself, this is also my first ever trainer sprite (I just started to sprite yesterday)
    It looks pretty good. The only thing that bothers me is the shape of the shirt.

~Night

ze_gobou

All Your Base Are Belong To Us
    Years
  • You mean, like how to map them, as in the layout of the town? There is really no style to that, you just map it how you like it.
    I mean, the "rules" that make the map realistic (e.g. don't place a character overworld anywhere on the map ; be careful to place its feet exactly at the bottom of the tile... this is an example and I don't even know if overworlds should actually be placed like this, in FRLG maps they had to be put 1 pixel higher).
    But I'll do just as I did for FRLG maps, and then if I make mistakes people will tell me how to improve.
    Unfortunately I had very few tiles to use. Do you know where I could find some (that I can use without giving credit, preferably ^^)

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • One of my first ever scratches here.

Spoiler:

Name: Bombay
    Type(s): Fire
    Pokedex Entry: "Bombay, the small bomb Pokemon. Bombay may be small, but it can destroy boulders 100 times it's size."
    Evolution Line: Bombay -> @Lv. 20 Torpire -> @Lv. 35 Robomba

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years

• I would make the fuse smaller, it looks too wide. And make him a little more circular, the lines you have make him look very rugged and bumpy, not like a round bomb. Look at electrode or voltorbe sprites to get a good idea on how to do a circle.
    Don't use dithering too much, it looks sloppy if used wrong, also your highlight color shouldn't be so noticable, it should only be a little bit. And why is ther a flame on the back of the bomb? not the wick but the bomb? I'll try to do my own version if you don't mind.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Spriters Showcase Thread

??Welcome To Moonstep's Art Gallery??

Hello, this is Moonstep!
    I may seem to be a little new, but I still am big in graphics and roleplaying, and so I may post some art from scenes in my roleplays, too. If you would like to post criticism on my art, i'm fine with it, I know I'm not perfect. However, please don't be rude. I tried on these, and I don't want to hear anything like, "Horrible, get a life," or, "Why am I wasting your time on looking at this?" Thankiez~?

The Art~!​

Not al lot of art right no, just this May Sprite. Hope you like that though! Check back later for more artsies~!

Not a lot right now, but I'll keep ally my art right here.

Sprite threads require at least 4 examples, so this will be merged with the Spriters Showcase/Discussion thread. Furthermore, no one can give you criticism for your sprite since it is in .jpg format - pixel art is best saved in .png or .gif.

merged

Blatant repetition with disregard to any sort of reason I may have given also isn't going to help me. The reason I did those is so I could make sure I could shade adequately before I get serious about scratching.

I'm glad to know you only looked at the images and disregarded them immediately before reading a few posts ahead to read why I made them.
    Why are you getting all riled up? What he said had no malice or harshness in it, just advice.

Last edited:

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • I would make the fuse smaller, it looks too wide. And make him a little more circular, the lines you have make him look very rugged and bumpy, not like a round bomb. Look at electrode or voltorbe sprites to get a good idea on how to do a circle.
    Don't use dithering too much, it looks sloppy if used wrong, also your highlight color shouldn't be so noticable, it should only be a little bit. And why is ther a flame on the back of the bomb? not the wick but the bomb? I'll try to do my own version if you don't mind.
    Ah, I see. I'll try to fix him up later. The fire on his back, is part of the headband, instead of strings, I made fire. Yeah, go ahead and make one.

New Scratch!

Spoiler:

Name: Torpire
    Type(s): Fire/Steel
    Pokedex Entry: "Torpire, the Flame Torpedo Pokemon. A single Torpire can wipe out an entire town."
    Evolution Line: Bombay -> @Lv. 20 Torpire -> @Lv. 35 Robomba

Atomic Reactor

Its eyes look kinda weird also =/

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • Ok here is my version of yoour sprite. The falme as the end of the headband didn't look right to me so I just made it a headband. And I took your colors and thinned then down to only 15, you had alot more. Of course I also changed the eyes, to me it fits better
    Spriters Showcase Thread

On you new sprite, it looks too much like the fisr one. Just its taller. You gotta change it more.

p.hant0m

Studier of ancient legends.
    Years
  • I've been attempting fusions :D
    I call it, lapran! the lapras with heatran features! I may have messed up on some of the shading at the head but i'll fix later.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

The extra black outline is actually part of the background left from it when i copied over the original sprite to edit on. Oppinions? :D

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • When you copy it, just use the paint bucket on the background and it will erase it, as it is not the same color black as the sprite outline.

ooh nice change :D it looks much better now!
    That is just my rendition of it though, not his.

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I made my own version of Bombay, as I liked the initial idea.

Spriters Showcase Thread

I think the colour scheme on mine is pretty good.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Yeah, it has some issues, but I think it turned out alright. At least it's not a blob. XD

Nice, the flame on the back needs a reason to be there it looksout f place
    I think that's one of those things you use to wind it up.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • Yeah, looks to be that way ,on the original the flame and crank were there, Ididn't even notice the way it was shaped on Fox's

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back