• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinipede

negima ruined my life
    Years
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Pokemon art not in Pokemon style, ohnoes

it's not done so please, do comment.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
    Does anyone know where I can get FR/LG's pause menu and other interface... stuff? I would normally turn to TSR for that kind of thing, but it seems that they haven't paid their hosting fees.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Does anyone know where I can get FR/LG's pause menu and other interface... stuff? I would normally turn to TSR for that kind of thing, but it seems that they haven't paid their hosting fees.

I can rip them for you if you want.

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
    This is a sprite of Erika from the anime. I don't think it looks good because I think I'm missing something, but I don't know what...

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
    Well, I saved it in JPEG to prevent sprite theft. I really want people to see my art in full bloom, but I just can't take it when people steal mine or other people's work.

---

Here is some more of my work, as you can see, there are 4 Sabrinas that each have a different costume; from the anime, from red/blue/green, from gold/silver/firered/leafgreen, and the original one that I used as a base.

Last edited:

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
    Just save it as PNG if you don't want to be your sprites to be stolen you can first upload them to deviantart and then add to this page by copy+pasting it. Because deviant art is an program that shows the date you've posted it on DA, if you publish it via DA you can easier prove sprites to be yours because your data is the most early posted one then ;)

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
    Years
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Articuno: Head Feathers
    Zapdos: Middle Wings
    Moltres: Tail and wing flames
    Mewtwo/Mew: Tail
    Raikou: Hind legs/feet
    Entei: Mane
    Suicune: Tails
    Lugia: Eye things
    Ho-oh: Top wings
    Celebi: Antennae
    Regirock: Braille (placed on hip)
    Regice: Braille (placed on shoulder)
    Registeel: Braille (placed between them)
    Latias: Bottom right wing
    Latios: Bottom left wing
    Kyogre: Tail fins
    Groudon: Hands
    Rayquaza: Head
    Jirachi: Markings under eyes, true eye on belly
    Deoxys: Colors
    Rotom(was counted as Legend on site): Aura (normal form)
    Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf: Tails (the middles colored to match the heads of the one they came from)
    Dialga: Body (lower)
    Palkia: Body (upper)
    Heatran: Front feet
    Regigigas: Red, white, and blue circles on torso
    Giratina: having six wings (like Origin form) and six limbs (like Another)
    Cresselia: Head Gem
    Phione: Chest gem
    Manaphy: Antennae
    Darkrai: Shoulder tatters, cyan eyes
    Shaymin: Flower (from land form)
    Arceus: Head flowy thing

Last edited:
    Years

A super fusion?
    It's good, many beginner spriters are gonna like this.
    But its waay to crowded to be honest.
    I seem to make that mistake alot too.
    you used so many parts, that it's gonna be difficult to make it flow in the body.
    It's something you need to focus on while doing a fusion like this.

But it's pretty good I give you that :)

ps: it also took me a while to figure out where is head is located.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I'm planning on restarting Pokémon Amethyst from scratch, and have decided to use a larger screen resolution. There's no point in limiting yourself to DS resolution if you're not actually making a DS game.
    Anyway, this means I'm also going to need all the Pokémon resprited to a higher resolution (in this case, 160x160). Obviously, I'm not going to attempt doing this by myself; it would take years :P
    So I thought, why not make this a public resource to which anyone can contribute, and anyone can use? It would be selfish of me to keep such a project for my own use; besides, if it's public, people are more likely to help out :)

Here are some examples of what I mean (I made these in about an hour each yesterday):
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Red is there for size comparison; I hate it that the official sprites are often not to scale (e.g. Pikachu in 3rd gen). This Gligar sprite is to scale; have a look at its dex entry (it's surprisingly big). Having the sprites to scale will also make the job a bit easier, since for smaller Pokémon like the aforementioned Pikachu, you wouldn't have to make it much bigger than the D/P sprite. I'm probably not going to use Red's sprite in-game.
    Both sprites use 16 colours; Red's are taken from his official artwork, while Gligar's are from its HG/SS sprite. I used 4th gen shading on the Gligar.
    I didn't do the backsprite, but I think it would suffice to resize and clean up the Platinum backsprites, which is pretty easy.
    I was originally planning to do multiple frames - a 4-frame idle animation, as well as attacking and hurt frames. However, I've decided against that for now, as it would drastically increase the time it would take to complete this, and 99% of people wouldn't have a use for those anyway.
    A new sprite resource would be useful for everyone. Existing spriters would have a larger pool of sprites to use for fusions, and would be able to make more detailed sprites. Wi-fi traders would have a different set of sprites to use for their trade threads. ROM hackers would have better sprites to use for their title screens. And game developers would be able to increase their resolution without pixelating everything. Finally, anyone contributing can use this as a chance to improve their sprinting skills and get feedback.

So, do any scratch/pixel-over spriters want to help out? I'm going to post this on other forums too, to try and get a largeish group of volunteers. If we can get around 10-20 people, we should be able to get at least one, probably 2 or 3, sprites done per day between them (if each person makes a sprite per week, which isn't overoptimistic given that a sprite will take an hour or two to complete). This means the whole Pokédex could be complete within a few months. With more people, it could get done faster.

If enough people are interested, I'll make a new thread in the Pixel Projects forum, and start organizing everything.

Gogo C+P from Smogon :P

Also, some tiles I've been working on. 32x32 tile size, rather than the traditional 16x16. Not for public use; these are for Amethyst only.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Ordinary grassy ground tiles. Revamps (sort of) of my current tiles.

Spriters Showcase Thread

WIP of tall grass. I still need to shade and fix up the bottom and right parts. It's inspired by HG/SS, and currently has a palette from those games; I'm going to change this eventually ;)

Any comments?

EDIT: Crosell, I think that AvDT's sprite was for some kind of contest to fuse every legendary Pokémon. You can't really fuse every single legendary without making the sprite look somewhat crowded.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back