• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    A present for Goatman.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

He's not exactly a close friend of mine, but I noticed that he watches me on Da, and he still provides some of the best comics I know of, so he deserves a present

I hope he still likes lickitungs XD

yay for no comments, or C and C

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    yay for no comments, or C and C

The shading would look a lot better if you used a few more colors. As it is now, the shading doesn't look quite gradual enough. Especially the inside of the mouth, as you only used one color. I don't like how you have the dark pixels around some of the border either. The border just looks too cluttered on the left side. The lineart is pretty well done though, and I love the expression on its face. It's a decent piece as it is now, but a few slight adjustments could really help it out a lot.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    No one has ever asked Nintendo/Gamefreak if they could edit the official pokemon sprites =/

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    It's a little heavy on the dithering, try smoothing it out a little.

强有力

Powerful
    Years
    It's a little heavy on the dithering, try smoothing it out a little.

Well the tutorial i used said dithering is a friend. And i thought it looked quite good. But being quite novice at photoshop means i am not very good.

I know what you mean by smooth it out but the problem is i don't know how or what tool to use! So advice would be greatly appreciated

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    The Pencil tool, a little AAing, the usual stuff. Dithering is a friend, but only in necessary amounts.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    Its the first time i've really AA'd at all.

Yeah, you definitely went a little overboard in a few places. No worries though. There's a first time for everything.

Since I can't seem to get a comment in my thread, could I get some C & C on this please? Scratch Snubbull.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    That..is...EXCELLENT! I don't really see any problems. But that's me. :D
    Just some D/P sprites for now:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Ash
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Brock
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Jaden from Yu-Gi-Oh GX

Opacus

PIXELS
    Years
    You should really ask before you edit someone else's work, man. =X
    Well, I go to Pixelation, Pixeltendo, Pixel and Pixel Joint. And on all those places, people actually want edits. And my English is good, but I can't bring all techniques and such to words yet, so I let my edit speak for me.

EDIT: Small update on the tank:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    No one has ever asked Nintendo/Gamefreak if they could edit the official pokemon sprites =/

That's really completely different. Those are finished, professional sprites from an official game on the market where the creators are actually making money. =\

Well, I go to Pixelation, Pixeltendo, Pixel and Pixel Joint. And on all those places, people actually want edits. And my English is good, but I can't bring all techniques and such to words yet, so I let my edit speak for me.

EDIT: Small update on the tank:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

It really isn't that hard to actually type out the things wrong with a sprite. I know personally, I'd rather be given specifics about what to improve than have someone just completely change my original sprite. If Esupio doesn't mind though, there's no point in discussing this.

I love the tank sprite, Opacus. The palette looks wonderful and the animation pwns. Thank god you fixed the angle of the wheels though. It looked awkward originally, but now it looks excellent. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back