• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Hey y'all...Here's some trainer sprites I did...
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Spriters Showcase Thread

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

The first one is Mort Rainey from Stephen King's "Secret Window", I did it for fun from scratch. The others are requests from friends.
    I think Mort Rainey's my best trainer sprite ever.
    Your Mort Rainey sprites have 107 and 53 colours respectively. Such a small sprite really shouldn't have that many colours, just because it's needless and only serves to make the file size larger.

What did you use to make it? o.o

edit: and that last sprite you just added has a whole lot of colours as well.
    me? its saved as a bitmap
    On your computer yes, but hosting sites such as Photobucket change bitmaps to JPG's, hence the distortion we see. You should save as PNG next time before uploading.

And this doesn't apply to everyone, but if you're gonna post sprites here to be commented on, at least take the time to comment on somebody else's work. It's fair enough no?

RileyVace

Frogs and Dragons, baby
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2019
    My Trainer Sprite.

Hey guys, thought I'd show ya my pixel art of my character Riley Vace, as a pokemon trainer... It's in my sig as well, but meh I'll post it in the actual post with the other version..

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Yeah it's Flint's legs recolored but the rest is pretty much my own, and I've made him look like my character!
    I train Dragon types, and my favorite is Salamence, so that's why he is on one's back!! :/

Tell me what you think!!

RileyVace

Frogs and Dragons, baby
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2019
    I think it's pretty cool, but you should try and make it look like he's sitting on it, not standing...

Yeah, I know what you mean, thanks I'll keep that in mind. I might redo this sprite job, and put him in a different position.
    But I was being lazy lol, I just did the Trainer sprite, put it onto Salamence and then pasted Salamence's head back over that!! Lol

*must try harder next time *

Thansk for the comment :D

RileyVace

Frogs and Dragons, baby
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2019
    Erm, read the rules? You're only supposed to create a showcase thread if you've at least four or more sprites to show.

I'll move this thread along to the Spriters Showcase.

~Moved

Oh okay sorry, I did read the rules, i just didn't really take in the 4 examples thing.. sorry about that, I am tired, I'm going to sleep so i don't mess up again (-_- )zzZZ
    Thanks for not warning me or banning me :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    That's good but you have to have at least 4 sprites or someone will close this thread.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Go over the rules. Showcase threads in the PA section require at least 4 examples of sprite related work, hence why it is now merged with the Spriters showcase/discussion thread.

shadowboy166

Gues who's internet is working
    Years
    Well how do you like my first atempt to fuse. I call it the real surfing pikachu
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Edit: One i just did Tryanizard!!!
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Last edited:

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    Mario OW's in Pokemon Style

Hey everyone!

I've made some OW's from Mario Luigi and Wario in Pokemon Fire red Style
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    If you want to use them, just ask or PM me!
    PLease rate them! :P

Pizzakoe

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    Hm.. Yes maybe.. When I'm going to make DK I'm going to do Yoshi too!

If you read the rules, you'll know that spritesheets also count as single sprites as well. Therefore this would be better off in the Spriters Showcase thread.

~Moved

Say, and WHERE can find the Spriters Showcase? It doesn't even excist! :S

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    this is one of my first sprites i made. It's a splice between a lickitung and kangaskhan:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

This other one is a revamp of a ho-oh from silver. Before revamp:
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    after:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I am only started spriting yesterday so tell me what you think!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back