• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2009
    i have been trying to get into spriteing.i have some stuff,but nothing from scratch can i have some advice? ._.

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
    It's very small, I recommend greatly that you redo it and make it much larger.
    Your shading is ok, but you need to add some more shadows around the neck.

I also suggest you do a James Bond Bila. After you enlarge it. James Bond + a Martini.

Years
    wow thats really good anastasia.r ok heres my newest shadow pokemon
    Spriters Showcase Thread

and a clone lucario
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I know I'm a big fan of Grovyles, but .... THAT THING SCARES ME! o___o Try to make lighter lightsource with the purple. ;)

~A.R

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
    I disagree with Anastasia. Shadow Pokemon are pretty much supposed to be dark.

Anyways, on most standard Shadow 'Mon, the purple is the main color, the white is the secondary colors.

Also, you might want to make the leaves spikier, more like daggers than leaves. It's supposed to be all scareh looking.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    i dont know about the colors, since only one shadow pokemon has been seen, and i might change it to sharper leaves

Years
    Shadow pokemon are based on lugia from pokemon xd gale of darkness..
    And they are just plain recoulers, must say it is a nice recouler, if you make a shadow mon

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    People have been making shadow 'mon for quite a while. Dragonfree's thread's a little while back, but you should check it out. It has shadows in it.

even so dragonfree's view on shadow pokemon could be different then my view

so with that here is shadow riolu
    Spriters Showcase Thread

and shadow lucario
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The pixel art forum requires at least 4 examples of work for a sprite showcase thread, and really, all 3 of the sprites you have presented are just recolours of the other, so this will be merged with the larger Spriters Showcase/Discussion thread.

merged

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    @BurstNinja: Those are freakin awesome o.o Though, I think if the first guy had partial pink hair, I think I'd be in love with the trainer XD Though, the shading on his shirt seems a bit off... not sure what it is >_<

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    lol thankyou, its actually a sprite of me...well sorta, but if you want ill try one with pink hair to see how it looks, and the shading on the shirt came straight from nintendo

Last edited:

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
    Years
    hmmm...i know that sprite is in my thread but could you comment it please...
    Spriters Showcase Thread

this is supposed to be the first stage of a thistle inspired line

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    hmmm...i know that sprite is in my thread but could you comment it please...
    Spriters Showcase Thread

this is supposed to be the first stage of a thistle inspired line

Even though I don't know what it's meant to be, I like it. The shading suits it very well but the line on the right legs going through the middle strikes you too much. I would prefer it in a darker green. The eye is well done, did you make it yourself? Also, the horns are made perfectly because I usually find horns the most difficult part to draw on a pokémon, well done!

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
    Years
    well a thistle is a spiky flower found very often in germany^^if you meant that...
    could you mark the line you´re talking, and send it to me via pm?
    yeah made it completely from scratch...my thread was clos to die^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back