• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    You shouldn't really be using the palletes of others in any case, as they also are custom and took time and effort to create. You best either use the Nintendo palletes or create your own.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    Ok, but I did admit it wasn't mine.
    Team Rocket:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

(I used my own pallete this time..)
    EDIT: Forgot to tranparent!
    EDIT2: Forget it...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Time, practice and technique. If you start at the basics and work your way up, you'll eventually be able to create sprites such as those you have seen around the place.

If you need a hand, there are tutorials in the resources thread that'll be able to guide you.

Also, you should check out the pixel art rules - this area is only for the showcase of sprites, and any other related topic (such as this question), should go into the discussion thread, as to where this shall be moved too.

merged

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    It's nice. The head doesn't fit so good but it's a good scratch.Edit the head a little. Go on with your work.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    I think it's great, but the outline can get better. Try to improve the outline pixel by pixel.

Years
    Ok, I fixed that ugly head.

Spriters Showcase Thread
    <--->
    Spriters Showcase Thread

It looks much better in my opinion.

And the Evo.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

What so you think, how could it be better?
    Well all the outlines is pretty much black. :P Sometimes you can use your shades as outlines. If you want it darker then the shade then try to get an outline that matches the color. Like red you could use dark red outlines. The shading could use some more work.

~A.R

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    I present to you...my new New Bark Town.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I used my new tile set for it. I love how the map came out, probably my best.

Quidoo

Previously called Jason22
    Years
    Wow! That map is great! I love the tiles! :)
    But I don't really like the position of the windows on the 2nd level of the lab. But thats probably just me...

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    This time I mapped out Cherry Grove City. (Can't post it here, it's way to big, and no uploaders will keep original size.)
    I'm extremely happy how this one came out. It was more of a challenge, it took me 2 days since I gave up...then started again.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    Thanks Tyler, lol. I completely forgot that. I had the trees like that, then I noticed it looked horrible.
    *fixing*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back