• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
Years
  • can i get some crit on my blue r/b/y sprite, no one in my thread is helpful
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Aww, she's cute! I think it's a little hard to see the detail on the overworlds, but they're first gen, so that's understandable. Is her hair supposed to be in a ponytail? If it is, it looks good. If not, it seems her hair could be made to look a little looser from behind. As for the main sprite itself, it looks good. The biggest thing I would change is the dress. It doesn't seem to move in line with the rest of her; the body position, the shadows, and everything seem stiff around her hip area because of that. Maybe curve the hem more so that it flows more naturally and change the shading around a little to match?

..PandA.CharadE..

CUPCAKES :3
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2009
    To Gelidice

Hmm. It looks like it has two light sources with how you shaded them. Something with the shading looks..well..completely wrong... But how you spliced it is great. The transition from one pokemon to another is very smooth..If you know what I meanXD Keep it up:) Hope this doesn't sound rude to you.

GoldenBagon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2017
    Well Since My Thread Got Closed Down I Decided To Post A Little Project I've Been Working On
    Spriters Showcase Thread

This is my Custom Sprite I've Been Working on with a backsprite ATM i working on the animation of him throwing a Pokeball...
    Rate And Crit Please

Last edited:

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    can i get some crit on my blue r/b/y sprite, no one in my thread is helpful
    Spriters Showcase Thread

You, you, you made Blue! Whats she for, I gotta know! Umh, I never really played the original games, but she seems out of proportion, and her OW's look a little like silver ... *from the front, not the back*

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • oooh old skool. Um, the trainer sprite is pretty well done, with a good utilisation of the limited colours, but could do with some touchups.

The hair might look better with a highlight, like the colour you use for the shadow on her skin.
    I'm not sure about the light source on RGBY sprites, but her face might look better with less shade. It seems kinda small too, but then again with the way the RGBY sprites are it's fine.
    Her legs look flat and seem too straight for Blue.

ok ill add a highlight and see about the legs.

Aww, she's cute! I think it's a little hard to see the detail on the overworlds, but they're first gen, so that's understandable. Is her hair supposed to be in a ponytail? If it is, it looks good. If not, it seems her hair could be made to look a little looser from behind. As for the main sprite itself, it looks good. The biggest thing I would change is the dress. It doesn't seem to move in line with the rest of her; the body position, the shadows, and everything seem stiff around her hip area because of that. Maybe curve the hem more so that it flows more naturally and change the shading around a little to match?

ok ill go ahead and fix the shading, and make her legs less straight

You, you, you made Blue! Whats she for, I gotta know! Umh, I never really played the original games, but she seems out of proportion, and her OW's look a little like silver ... *from the front, not the back*

lol she isnt for anything, just boredom XP. anywhere in particular her proportions should be fixed?

EDIT: i fixed the trainer sprite a little
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Last edited:

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    lol she isnt for anything, just boredom XP. anywhere in particular her proportions should be fixed?

EDIT: i fixed the trainer sprite a little
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Umh, well, if it's possible, decre3ase the la]enght of her skirt, and make it look more like one *when she's walking, they looks like pants*.

Atomic Reactor

Blazers, i wouldn't say that it's scratched. Cause you traced it. So be careful with your words. It look good though, some of the outline is to thick though.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Scratch besides palltett, taken form the dp sprite.
    Furret has a naff palette. T_T' mgiht recolour with my own colours so it makes more sense. then and again i probably wont XD'

not bad for a two-year (or somethign) downtime? ne?
    XD' naffffffff~

---
    Warden, thats pretty sweet, i'd just say the dark gold loks too stark against the softer silver colour, especially under the jaw. i'd say have a daker silver 9maybe just under the jaw) or tone the yellow of the gold down so it was paler or something? X3
    its all ncie here though!

(XD i coudn't have done that to that line if i had TRIED! ahahha! *menaing its the same legnth as the one before the signatres... *just to aviod confusion, the below is the start of my sig haha... *has a little chortle*)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Blazers, i wouldn't say that it's scratched. Cause you traced it. So be careful with your words. It look good though, some of the outline is to thick though.

It's still scratched; the term 'scratch' is derived from 'made from scratch', as in, not using parts of other sprites. If he traced it, it's still a scratch sprite, as long as it doesn't have parts of other sprites in it.

Anyway, something I cooked up for Smogon's CAP spriting round:
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I haven't done D/P style sprites for over a year (and never done D/P style backsprites), so I'd say that's a solid attempt.

Years
  • Those are pretty good wichu, I never tried d/p sprites.

You just need too lay down on the dithering, i think the sprite looks abit better without them, also some of the lightest light sources are a tiny bit too light, you might wanna check those parts.

Well your backsprite is really good, I tried backsprites alot of times, but it never works out for my -,-
    Is that gonna be in your game or just a sprite made for fun? :P

Atomic Reactor

The recolors are fine, try to do something a lil more challenging.

Homicidal Doctor :)
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Comments and Crit please :P

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I don't typically do Pokemon sprites of Pokemon, (I do OW's) but I did a repose, recolor, splice Lucario sprite thing... Tada?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back