• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowyxz

Insert title here
Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    just a little element change.
    also my slug in my sig. comments?

Years
  • My first made Pokemon

I finally decided to put this pokemon (Small form Rayquaza)with MSPaint
    Okay here it is (pls don't laugh coz i'm still beginner and this one is my first one)
    Anyways if u like it u can use it. credits not needed but if gived it's fine
    What I need:
    Idea for it's name
    Critics

Note: I'll attach the picture.
    OFF: i maybe will put this in my game. Cant insert any picture URL so i must wait till 15 posts.

Last edited:

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
  • Made new Gold revamp from G/S, but I think it needs some work...

It has 16 colors, because it's made for a hack.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Please critique~

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
  • *drumroll*

It's...

Gold revamp V 1.5!

Spriters Showcase Thread

How do ya like it? Is it good? Needs more shading?

Oh, and please use Constructive Criticism

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • *drumroll*

It's...

Gold revamp V 1.5!

Spriters Showcase Thread

How do ya like it? Is it good? Needs more shading?

Oh, and please use Constructive Criticism

It's not bad, but his right eye is one pixel lower, so it looks like he has a lazy eye. Also, on the black part of the hat before the brim, you put highlights at the top. That shouldn't be there because the light source doesn't reach that far back. I would put some shading on his torso too, it looks really flat right now. It's not bad, but I wouldn't use it unless you're using all revamps. The style varies so much from the 3rd and 4th gen sprites that it wouldn't fit in.

Years
  • Spriters Showcase Thread
    just a little element change.
    also my slug in my sig. comments?
    If you look at the original sprite you'll see that the fire curves around the back. Here you've put these bubbles on top of everything. Honestly, it doesn't look good.

Your slug is also pretty darn dark. Lighten it up a bit. It's also lacking in a distinctive face - it looks more like a plain slug than a pokemon sprite.

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
  • It's not bad, but his right eye is one pixel lower, so it looks like he has a lazy eye. Also, on the black part of the hat before the brim, you put highlights at the top. That shouldn't be there because the light source doesn't reach that far back. I would put some shading on his torso too, it looks really flat right now. It's not bad, but I wouldn't use it unless you're using all revamps. The style varies so much from the 3rd and 4th gen sprites that it wouldn't fit in.

Okay, so after your CC, I cleaned it up a bit and I made... Gold V 3.0!!!

Spriters Showcase Thread

Any comments? Suggestions?

Please use constructive criticism.

Years
  • I Now Have My Pladrip With A Rounded Beak And The Other 2 Starters Embuni And Mosnail
    I've got some crit for ya. I took the liberty of enlarging and marking your sprites to make it easier to point out things.

Spoiler:

You have a number of places where your line work is too straight and angular. I've marked the areas that stood to me with lines. That's not to say that they're awful, but it's worth considering whether you can make them smoother looking.

I also noticed some bumpiness on the first and third one's upper edges, especially the third one. That ear seems to vary in its width. And while I'm on the ears you shouldn't use a mirrored copy of one flame for the other, especially since they're angled in different directions. I also thought the rabbit had too chubby a chin and the way the right side of the top of the head slopes down more than the left side makes it look like it has a slightly bulbous forehead. With the shading and the horizontal chin it all gives the head a somewhat rectangular impression.

The platypus' arm also looks like it's attached to the side of its head rather than the body.

Sorry if I come off too critical. Keep trying and you'll get better.

Years
  • Okay, so I badly tried to make a half decent sprite and failed miserably. Basically, Brultar is a normal-type Brittle Star-based Pokémon, with it's three, front tentacles having the power of fire, water and grass. The back two ones are plain. Could anyone try and find something to perhaps decrease the level of crap...ness?
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Last edited:

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    Okay, so I badly tried to make a half decent sprite and failed miserably. Basically, Brultar is a normal-type Brittle Star-based Pokémon, with it's three, front tentacles having the power of fire, water and grass. The back two ones are plain. Could anyone try and find something to perhaps decrease the level of crap...ness?
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Atleast you recognize it's not the greatest. :P It looks sort of... lame(literally). It looks like it's a depressed old thing with it's drooping arms and dull color. You said it was supposed to be a star, but the star looks like it's going it die tomorrow.

Years
  • Yay! My first OW

Here's my Crystal's OW(Only 1 line >.<)
    Credits goes to Getsuei_H from deviant art
    this is also my first OW T.T
    anyways here it's

I need some critics from all of you ;)

Chipdachimchar

Chimchar Master
    Years
  • I've got some crit for ya. I took the liberty of enlarging and marking your sprites to make it easier to point out things.

Spoiler:

You have a number of places where your line work is too straight and angular. I've marked the areas that stood to me with lines. That's not to say that they're awful, but it's worth considering whether you can make them smoother looking.

I also noticed some bumpiness on the first and third one's upper edges, especially the third one. That ear seems to vary in its width. And while I'm on the ears you shouldn't use a mirrored copy of one flame for the other, especially since they're angled in different directions. I also thought the rabbit had too chubby a chin and the way the right side of the top of the head slopes down more than the left side makes it look like it has a slightly bulbous forehead. With the shading and the horizontal chin it all gives the head a somewhat rectangular impression.

The platypus' arm also looks like it's attached to the side of its head rather than the body.

Sorry if I come off too critical. Keep trying and you'll get better.

Thanks for the crit ill try and fix it.

As for the arm on pladrip, im not sure it even has a head...just a face on the front of its body :laugh:

Years
  • Atleast you recognize it's not the greatest. :P It looks sort of... lame(literally). It looks like it's a depressed old thing with it's drooping arms and dull color. You said it was supposed to be a star, but the star looks like it's going it die tomorrow.

I appreciate that you think the colours are dull, and I recognise that I need to redo them, but, Brittle Stars are like that.

Spoiler:

Hm, I guess I'll go spruce it up a bit. Thanks! :3

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • I appreciate that you think the colours are dull, and I recognise that I need to redo them, but, Brittle Stars are like that.

Spoiler:

Hm, I guess I'll go spruce it up a bit. Thanks! :3

I would suggest making the pose more "dynamic". Since it doesn't have to be exactly like the animal it's based on, you could give it the ability to float/hover, and have it's limbs keep their integrity. Also, I think you should redo the eyes, right now they don't look to "pokemon-ish". Or you could do what they did with Staryu and Starmie and have no eyes. It's up to you, but I think the floating idea will make it much easier to sprite.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back