• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years

• Here's some lineart for a sprite I'm working on, but something about it seems odd. I'm trying to make it look as if it is bowing its head slightly, but something seems off about it...

Bugler
    The Assist Pokemon
    "Despite having no feet, this Pokemon will hop around to try and assist other Pokemon."

It's meant to be like the cocoon Pokemon (Kakuna, Metapod, Silcoon, Cascoon etc.) but with a twist. It only learns move like Helping Hand, and can't actually attack. ;) Also, I tried to give it a reserved pose. It also evolves from Pendug, and as such, has a similar nose. ^^

EDIT: I moved the head a bit to the right.

EDIT 2:
    I can't decide which colour looks better. XD

>

Last edited:
    Years

• Here's some lineart for a sprite I'm working on, but something about it seems odd. I'm trying to make it look as if it is bowing its head slightly, but something seems off about it...

Bugler
    The Assist Pokemon
    "Despite having no feet, this Pokemon will hop around to try and assist other Pokemon."

It's meant to be like the cocoon Pokemon (Kakuna, Metapod, Silcoon, Cascoon etc.) but with a twist. It only learns move like Helping Hand, and can't actually attack. ;) Also, I tried to give it a reserved pose. It also evolves from Pendug, and as such, has a similar nose. ^^

EDIT: I moved the head a bit to the right.

EDIT 2:
    I can't decide which colour looks better. XD

>
    I think that if you want to make it look like it's bowing its head you need to make the eyes lower on the face. The eyes are already above the imaginary line that divides the head into a top part and bottom part which would normally give it the appearance of looking up, but the angles of the eyes and the wrapped bandage design of the head are all pointing downward. It's an odd mix. I'd move the mustache down more, too.

As for color, perhaps you could use both: one for the mustache, one for the body.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I think that if you want to make it look like it's bowing its head you need to make the eyes lower on the face. The eyes are already above the imaginary line that divides the head into a top part and bottom part which would normally give it the appearance of looking up, but the angles of the eyes and the wrapped bandage design of the head are all pointing downward. It's an odd mix. I'd move the mustache down more, too.

As for color, perhaps you could use both: one for the mustache, one for the body.

Thank you so much Scarf! :) After doing what you said, I think it looks much better. ^^ And it finally looks like it's bowing its head. :P
    bugler_by_superjub-d36f5ds.png

I've decided to have the green one as the original and the orange one to be the shiny version.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    Here's my improved Link! I added anti aliasing pretty much everywhere. (at least, what I think anti aliasing is...)

OLD:
    wind_waker_link_pose_by_icychill66-d366di5.png

NEW:
    link___wind_waker_by_icychill66-d36fvmh.png

Fantastique

Farewell, seashell .
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2011
    what do you think of this sprite I made.(Sadly no clothes)
    TrainerspriteWIP-1.png
    I think his hat needs better shading. Not much else to say since that's all there is to it.

Here's my improved Link! I added anti aliasing pretty much everywhere. (at least, what I think anti aliasing is...)

OLD:
    wind_waker_link_pose_by_icychill66-d366di5.png

NEW:
    link___wind_waker_by_icychill66-d36fvmh.png
    Ooh, looks much better now 8D All smooth and stuff~

Years
  • Thank you so much Scarf! :) After doing what you said, I think it looks much better. ^^ And it finally looks like it's bowing its head. :P

I've decided to have the green one as the original and the orange one to be the shiny version.

It does but I think you could rotate the mustache a bit counter clockwise so the bowing looks a bit more realistic.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 2, 2018
    How about you take onboard his critisism instead of using being a beginner as an excuse? You'll always /be/ at beginner standards if you don't take critisism and do something about it. -.-

I do take the criticism but i and others i've shown to on other places have said that for my first ever try it was pretty good compared to others. I wasn't using it as an excuse, i was merely stating that it isn't gonna be perfect.

ger345

Im just like that.
    Years
  • Ok, so tadgoy really wasnt good. the shape just couldnt eaisly be shaded well. so I made this little guy:
    1003a36ef7.png

I named him Eloste. Hes an electric/steel type pokemon. Hes good in my mind, but if see any errors, tell me. And no, the pillow shading on his two steel balls wasnt an accident, its on purpose, it fits his general idea, and his description.
    Description:The bolt and his head work together to make the steel balls produce there own light.

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
    Years
  • I can't even tell what it's supposed to me. :\
    All I see are two pillowshaded gray circles, a squiggly yellow thing, and a teeny tiny yellow circle with an even tinier face.

Way too small and not enough detail.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Just because they produce light doesn't mean they should ignore the universal light source. and yeah it's too small to distinguish anything interesting

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • It does but I think you could rotate the mustache a bit counter clockwise so the bowing looks a bit more realistic.
    I noticed this, and will get round to it at some point. :) Thanks anyway. :)

Thank you so much Scarf! :) After doing what you said, I think it looks much better. ^^ And it finally looks like it's bowing its head. :P

Adding onto this, I've begun working on the evolution. Currently, it has no name , and I've only started on the female version (it will be similar to Burungel in the way that it has completely different male and female forms.) I want some advice on it.

The arms are a bit dodgy, and it's meant to be "folding" it's wing.

By the way, the palette isn't final (some colours are default colours... actually, they all are)and I haven't even begun shading it. I just want to know what you hink so far. And to be honest, I made it quickly, so it probably needs a lot of work. :|

Finsihed it. I'm not too proud of it, though. :\ The shiny version is on the right... and I kinda prefer it to the original palette. XD

EDIT: I made the male version.

Currently no name
    Bug/Flying
    "Normally each one has their own personal Bugler to aid them. They are described as flying very gracefully and carefully."

Last edited:

ger345

Im just like that.
    Years
  • Ok, so tadgoy really wasnt good. the shape just couldnt eaisly be shaded well. so I made this little guy:
    1003a36ef7.png

I named him Eloste. Hes an electric/steel type pokemon. Hes good in my mind, but if see any errors, tell me. And no, the pillow shading on his two steel balls wasnt an accident, its on purpose, it fits his general idea, and his description.
    Description:The bolt and his head work together to make the steel balls produce there own light.
    The yellow squigly thing is the lightning bolt, the yellow ball is his head.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • ..i kinda doodled in gimp and made this, i want to add colours and shading but i suck at doing it :P .

Fakemon.png

but can i get some feedback on the outline?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • ..i kinda doodled in gimp and made this, i want to add colours and shading but i suck at doing it :P .

Fakemon.png

but can i get some feedback on the outline?

First think I though of was Dr.Sues invaded PC?
    As someone who just works on outline o.o. This is pretty great, the tail is meh, though that can be fixed with colors and good shading.
    TIP: I noticed allot of your outline has like 2 pixels wide, or connecting. Try to smooth it out, 2 pixels is allowed some times. also the noe needs more curve ish. Ok I cant explain, hopefully someone else will

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back