• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Square-Enix Fan Club

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
  • I preferred her in the first game to the second game. D; I was kinda curious as to how Riku managed to give her a Keyblade- that wasn't really explained, it was more like: "Oh noez, Sora's in trouble, take this so we don't have to waste time saving you again you can help!" XD;

When I was playing KH2 last night, I thought it'd be kinda cool to have all three of them in your party though, rather than Riku + Donald/Goofy. A Sora, Riku and Kairi trinity limit would be pretty awesome. :D

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Oh, that whole time *I* was just wondering what the hell Riku was doing with such a flowery, girly keyblade to begin with. XD;

sdlkfjsd I would love that so hard omg. ;~; I hope something like that happens in KH3 because Kairi and Riku would so not let Sora run off on his own to save the universe again.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • That too! XD Maybe he was trying to emulate Roxas's dual-wield and the flowery thing was the only spare King Mickey had. D;

In KH3, they could give you a selection out of Riku, Kairi, Donald and Goofy to run around with. o: Maybe Mickey too? XD

I imagine a Sora/Riku/Kairi limit to involve Paopu fruit raining down from the sky or something. XD; No idea why. D:

Cherrim

Years
  • lmfao. Of course now I'm imagining Ansem!Riku using just the flowery one for a bit to get used to it. :( I need to remember how to draw and draw that omg.

King Mickey is crazy to play with in 358/2 so he'd be an awesome party member. :D Do want!

And their limit *would* be something ridiculous like that. XD;

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • That would be weird to say the least....

Anyways, KH3 is, more or less, going to be awesome. I hope they will actually let you use other characters besides Donald and Goofy.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • Now the image of AnsemRiku waving the flowery Keyblade around won't go out of my head. ;-; And then Mickey entering the room and being all: O___O; "Riku, have you been exposed to the darkness again?" Now I wish that I could draw/ animate.... D:

If KH3 is gonna be on the PS3, I'd love for them to take advantage of that and have like, a Pixar world. :D Excluding Finding Nemo. Dx

Cherrim

Years
  • I'd love a Finding Nemo world except... then it'd be another swimming world and NO NO NO NEVER AGAIN.

Toy Story would be so awesome. Or the Incredibles omg. Hell, even Ratatouille would be cool. XD Cooking minigames!

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • Yeah, that's exactly my point. D:< And though clownfish Sora would be cute, there's no way he could use the Keyblade.

I can imagine that; Sora & co. being rodent-sized and helping to cook stuff. XD Monsters Inc. could be interesting too- you could fit the Heartless in there some way or another. XD Out of all of them, I think a Toy Story world would be most likely to feature in the next game. :P

Cherrim

Years
  • Especially if there's a chance to tie it in with Toy Story 3 marketing, even if only somewhat. :P

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • Yeah. :D At the moment, I'm liking the look of them both- though does anyone else think it's strange that Aqua's gameplay in BBS hasn't been shown yet? Unless I'm missing something here. XD;
    I think Aqua's gameplay was shown, but only a tiny bit in a recent trailer. Aqua is described by Tetsuya Nomura as being "tricky". She is magic based and is said to be quite agile, doing cartwheels and spinning. One of Aqua's "modes" also appears to be somewhat based off of Sora's Master Form, having her keyblade float and being able to use a similar move to Sora's attack, Disaster. In this modejavascript:void(0);, she also has the ability to teleport in battle. Because of how little of her has been seen, I think she may be important. She was one of the first to be referenced outside of Birth by Sleep, not counting the trailer, as her armor and Keyblade appeared in Kingdom Hearts II -Final Mix- in Xemnas' Room of Sleep, with him even talking to it. Xigbar even mentioned that he sometimes heard someone respond to Xemnas when no one should have.

can i join this club i love kingdom hearts
    Of course you can.
    ~Member List Updated~

Vallander

Close your eyes...
    Years
  • hm lets see.. an axel themed banner? what kind of theme do u mean (cuz theres a million ways i could go about doing that lol)

i really think that a possibility for KH3 will be Kairi and Riku in ur party and possibly even interchangeable as playable characters ^_^.

as for explaining keyblades, i want to understand what the deal was with KH2 where u fight xigbar on that mountain in the mulan world for whatever reason he has the soul eater :\ anyone else ever wonder about that?

Cherrim

Years
  • :O That was Riku you fought. Later on you run into Xigbar but the fight up on the mountain was with Riku. He just didn't want you to know it was him.

Vallander

Close your eyes...
    Years
  • idk. the character didnt have the riku/ansem body type it was small and slender like xigbar. and besides the gang chases him all the way down the mountain back into the city. riku was there previously, but now its just xigbar the whole time. besides think for a moment xigbar was always messing with sora's head so it makes sense that he would want sora to think for a moment that he was riku so he would chase him right into that boss fight lol.

Cherrim

Years
  • Except as far as we know, he can't use the keyblade.

And Xigbar is *really* noticeable even with his hood up. His stance is fairly striking and the shoulder blades of his jacket go out more than everyone else's--I haven't played KH2 in a while but I'm fairly certain he only appears later in that world.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • Nah, I think it was Riku, and Xigbar happened to be in the same place. The Emperor is visited by a man in a black robe, who we know is Riku due to the fact that the Emperor mentions something about him warning them about one of the dragons being turned into a Heartless. Also, I dunno if Xigbar's ever seen Riku fight, so how he'd be able to imitate Riku's fighting style (and dark-type attacks) is a mystery. :3 When Sora and the guys meet Xigbar, he's facing the Emperor's chamber, as if he's about to go in there rather than coming out, so that eliminates the prospect of him being the one who warned the Emperor.

As for an Axel banner... Hmmm... A fire theme would be cool, but also quite generic, as would black and red. You could do something with him and Roxas (possibly Xion too?) and sea salt ice cream. :3

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • It was Riku in the Land of Dragons, not Xigbar. Only Riku wields the Soul Eater, or even can, except for when its copied by Zexion in reChain of Memories and the Riku Replica. Not to mention that it was the hooded Riku body. If it was meant to be Xigbar, it would have been revealed later on. There was no reason for trickery there since Sora wasn't even suppose to know Riku was in the larger Ansem body.

Vallander

Close your eyes...
    Years
  • ...ok i agree with some of that but let me point out a few things first just to say my share:
    firstly @ lightning (prev page): they knew how riku fought because of CoM so... *slap ur logic* lol

next: the soul eater isnt exactly a keyblade, its kind of an it is but it isnt thing. it was just the weapon riku had found in the first game. otherwise why would he have even needed sora's keyblade?
    next: if riku's been "helping" sora the whole time in KH2, why the hell would he decide to fight him and put his life in jeopardy?
    next: the gang chased the "figure" sora fought all the way down the mountain into the city where xigbar was. also u dont exactly "know" that it was riku the emperor was talking about. all he said was that the guy was rude, which xigbar is definitely lol. and ya never know; maybe xigbar was going back to tell them it was getting closer or something. and sora called out to him thinking it was riku. honestly the only reason u dont actually see them chase him down the mountain is due to gameplay meets cutscenes but keep in mind they never actually lost sight of the guy.
    next: back to the soul eater. would it really be so crazy to think that the organization made a replica of it? they did get enough data to make the clone so why not? the clone's soul eater was a replica after all.
    next: and also if u pay attention while u fight the "stranger" lets call him, he doesnt exactly fight like riku does. riku is very deliberate and quick in his movements, whereas the person u fought holds the sword like riku, but then uses it rather clumsily and carelessly, in a casual manner.
    and just to put to rest a question about my earlier comment of : he could be warning them again,
    remember, the organization has no real love of the heartless, nor are they inherently evil (e.g. axel, roxas) they all just play the game so to speak and seek to be whole. they arent actually hurting anybody, they just kind of toy with the heartless while sora keeps killing them, which is what they want to begin with.

*pants, too much typing lol* i think i covered everything lol. if i am somehow indeed wrong, then the KH crew put some serious holes in this fight/ chase/ another fight sequence.

almost like the holes in dot hack: GU's storyline lol. but im not goin into that here xD

oh one more note!: i think at the end of CoM the soul eater becomes the way of dawn, since riku kind of mentions it when Diz asks him what path he will take. idk that could be nothing but figured i would mention it anyway.

EDIT: oh ya and final final note i swear lol:
    nobodies can use dark powers lol. thats how they AND riku AND DiZ were moving around with their little swirling portal thingies lol. and roxas even says he's "someone from the dark" and the bio even says : keyblade wielder and denizen of the dark.
    *SUPER SHOT ALL YOS LOGIC* again if i am somehow indeed wrong about all of this, then the KH crew really effed up here! lol

EDIT2: ok guys i even just watched a video on youtube of it. now unless the camera subtracts like 40 pounds, the guy i just saw sora fight was super skinny, like xigbar skinny, with skinny arms and slightly broad shoulders, just like xigbar's. soooo... yeah to me that pretty much sums it up (along with all of my wonderful above points lolz)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I would love to be added :D
    ive never tried the latest game because my ps2 is broken and i cant play it but going to get a new one soon hopefully >3
    btw have been a fan since the first game appeared.

Cherrim

Years
  • ...ok i agree with some of that but let me point out a few things first just to say my share:
    firstly @ lightning (prev page): they knew how riku fought because of CoM so... *slap ur logic* lol
    @Vallander: o_O; Wait what? None of the KH2 Organization members except Axel should know how Riku fought. Unless they watched the Roxas vs Riku fight or something but even then, I'd think they'd be on "retrieve the runaway" mode and they'd have stepped in to take Roxas back during the fight--or at least as Roxas was being taken away.

In 358/2, news originally comes back from Castle Oblivion (via Dusks) saying EVERYONE is dead there (which we know to be untrue). Thus people are surprised when Axel surfaces--so the ONLY people who should know details about what happened during CoM are Axel, Namine, DiZ and Riku since apparently said details are few and far between. Xigbar is not on that list and he's not "close" enough with Axel to get the info, imo. (Not to mention, not seeing it himself would make it super hard to imitate Riku's attacks.) srsly, my logic is quite sound there. ;(

next: the soul eater isnt exactly a keyblade, its kind of an it is but it isnt thing. it was just the weapon riku had found in the first game. otherwise why would he have even needed sora's keyblade?
    Okay, fair enough. Still, how would Xigbar get his weapon...? I don't see why he would need to imitate Riku. He didn't bother later on in the game. I just don't see motive and Xigbar isn't exactly one to go well out of his way to do something like this. (Seriously he is so content to sit back and do nothing if he doesn't have to do it. You see it in KH2 and a LOT in 358/2. D:)
    next: if riku's been "helping" sora the whole time in KH2, why the hell would he decide to fight him and put his life in jeopardy?
    I get the feeling he wasn't fighting at full power. He was fighting so Sora would think he was part of the Organization (and thus not try to question that some people in the black coats *aren't* bad). Or maybe not, I have no idea. :( Riku's logic and decision-making skills aren't exactly A++ anyway.
    next: the gang chased the "figure" sora fought all the way down the mountain into the city where xigbar was. also u dont exactly "know" that it was riku the emperor was talking about. all he said was that the guy was rude, which xigbar is definitely lol. and ya never know; maybe xigbar was going back to tell them it was getting closer or something. and sora called out to him thinking it was riku. honestly the only reason u dont actually see them chase him down the mountain is due to gameplay meets cutscenes but keep in mind they never actually lost sight of the guy.
    omg wall of text. @_@ Anyway, no, I think if you were meant to chase him all the way down and it was implied that you never lost sight, you would literally chase him and you would literally never lose sight except just before you head to the next screen. It would't be done via cutscenes. It would be SO easy to make it a chase-based gameplay, even with the map loading. I need to replay this part to make sure (and KH2 isn't on my list until later this year) but it was definitely Riku on the mountain and he slips away before you get to the palace which is where Xigbar debuts.

Also what? Xigbar was warning the Emporer? Isn't that counter-productive? Remember, the Organization is bringing Heartless into the various worlds to collect hearts. So basically, they need the Heartless to steal the hearts of the denizens of each world and THEN they need Sora to come along and defeat the Heartless. Running down a mountain to tell the Emporer "LOOK OUT A GIANT HEARTLESS IS COMING" just... makes no sense. Why would he give forewarning? He doesn't WANT there to be any time for some sort of evacuation or defensive measures. There's absolutely no reason Xigbar would warn anyone. He's an asshat, sure, but he also wouldn't go out of his way to make his own job harder. o_O;

next: back to the soul eater. would it really be so crazy to think that the organization made a replica of it? they did get enough data to make the clone so why not? the clone's soul eater was a replica after all.
    I... guess... but they never use the Riku replica after this. They had no reason to--Vexen isn't around to create them anymore, Namine isn't around to control it anymore, and really, what good would it do? I go back to Xigbar's character--he just... wouldn't care, seriously. He'd rather just snipe you from afar than bother getting himself too far in harm's way by melee fighting. o_O; This whole thing just isn't in character for him at all.
    next: and also if u pay attention while u fight the "stranger" lets call him, he doesnt exactly fight like riku does. riku is very deliberate and quick in his movements, whereas the person u fought holds the sword like riku, but then uses it rather clumsily and carelessly, in a casual manner.
    and just to put to rest a question about my earlier comment of : he could be warning them again,
    358/2 Spoilers:
    Spoiler:

That said! Remember, Riku is in a totally different body at this point. Sure, around now he's probably been running around as Ansem for a while now and you could argue it "feels natural" for him but fact remains he's still using a body that he didn't grow up with. o_O; I imagine how he looks when he fights is different. He doesn't have the same physique and stature that he did when he originally used it. Of course he's gonna use it differently. Also the "clumsy and casual" manner could very well be Riku throwing the fight. :) After all, we know he doesn't want to defeat Sora.

remember, the organization has no real love of the heartless, nor are they inherently evil (e.g. axel, roxas) they all just play the game so to speak and seek to be whole. they arent actually hurting anybody, they just kind of toy with the heartless while sora keeps killing them, which is what they want to begin with.
    Remember, the originals CHOSE to become Nobodies. I'm of the firm belief that none of them want their hearts back. :D They're gathering hearts for Kingdom Hearts, yeah, but that's not gonna get them their hearts back. Xigbar was one of the originals and is pretty much Xemnas's right-hand man (as much as he doesn't look/act the part at times XD), so while maybe not downright evil, he's certainly not a good guy.
    EDIT: oh ya and final final note i swear lol:
    nobodies can use dark powers lol. thats how they AND riku AND DiZ were moving around with their little swirling portal thingies lol. and roxas even says he's "someone from the dark" and the bio even says : keyblade wielder and denizen of the dark.
    *SUPER SHOT ALL YOS LOGIC* again if i am somehow indeed wrong about all of this, then the KH crew really effed up here! lol
    Mm, Nobodies aren't aligned with dark OR light; they're nothing. I think it's their jackets that help them move through the dark portals/passages or whatever but I'm not 100% on that, I might just be vaguely remembering an interview (but that's why Riku & the King wear them, iirc). Riku, however IS from the darkness. Accepting the darkness again is what changes his form to Ansem, isn't it? Doesn't he say later in KH2 that he was ashamed to show himself to Sora & Co. because he'd accepted the darkness again? It's been so long since I've played this game, orz.
    EDIT2: ok guys i even just watched a video on youtube of it. now unless the camera subtracts like 40 pounds, the guy i just saw sora fight was super skinny, like xigbar skinny, with skinny arms and slightly broad shoulders, just like xigbar's. soooo... yeah to me that pretty much sums it up (along with all of my wonderful above points lolz)
    I'll go watch these cutscenes later when I'm home from work but I'm pretty damn sure it's not Xigbar. :(

Back