• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Staff Feedback Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
    Years
    I hate to say husk, but the way that was typed, whether you intended it to or not, it looked like you were hiding asking for mods.

But I do think we need a more permanent mod, someone who is a regular to the thread. Sorry DFDadragonz and Dragon Trainer but your occasional appearances arent really enough.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Lord_Jaws1 said:
    I hate to say husk, but the way that was typed, whether you intended it to or not, it looked like you were hiding asking for mods.

But I do think we need a more permanent mod, someone who is a regular to the thread. Sorry DFDadragonz and Dragon Trainer but your occasional appearances arent really enough.
    Claire is in Florida now visiting her niece and other family members and she has College and DT has school and a life outside of PC like most other member so you cant really blame them

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
    I'm pretty sure that he meant before Claire went to Florida. And even with all their commitments, they don't visit the area 'smuch as they could.

But for now, moderation is unneeded. o.o;

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
    Years
    Yeah ok I agree with you, but I dont see many posts from them even if I go back through old material, I have school and a life (That felt like a personal attack, not cool if it was MD), but I find time to be an active member of PC.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Lord_Jaws1 said:
    Yeah ok I agree with you, but I dont see many posts from them even if I go back through old material, I have school and a life (That felt like a personal attack, not cool if it was MD), but I find time to be an active member of PC.
    It was not and I was sorry if it seemed like that and Dokata is right.

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
    Years
    K. But look at it this way, isnt only being a mod and not having any real interest in the area kinda being robotic? Machines dont have emotion, understanding or compassion as they have nothing to do with anything but there job. Im NOT saying that Claire and DT lack these things, I just believe that they would not have as much seeing as they are not active participants in the Strats and MSs section.

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
    Lord Jaws1 said:
    we need someone who is regular and has interest in Strats and MSs

If they even decide to mod anyone, can it please go along the lines of the above quote.

We need someone who can create there own sets and give fair judgement to other peoples sets, and strategies, much like Toothache was.

...Except his sets weren't good.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Why do you guys think a mod is needed? You need need to be a mod in order to give fair judgement. The only reason a mod is needed is if the area becomes spammy and untidy. At the moment that forum is probably the neatest forum on PC, and without a mod. So if there is a small problem with a thread needing to be locked/moved/stickied then a higher staff member can do it.

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
    Years
    If by neat you mean minimal moved and locked threads yes. But sometimes threads can get so off topic the original point of the thread is lost. And occasionally we get the complete ***hole that just makes everyones life misery. HellishHades comes to mind, he was there for a while just being a general jerk and no-one was there to keep an eye on things. I had to PM DT just to get him to come and even look at what was going on.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    Lion Heart said:
    If they even decide to mod anyone, can it please go along the lines of the above quote.

We need someone who can create there own sets and give fair judgement to other peoples sets, and strategies, much like Toothache was.

...Except his sets weren't good.

Er...a 4 year old can be awesome at movesets and what not, but can still be immature and a bad mod

To me, a good mod is someone who keeps a cool head in all situations, and is mature enough to stand by their decisions, and admit when they've made the wrong decision are tries hard to fix em. The fact that they have skill in their field is really a secondary...

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Phoenix316 said:
    Why do you guys think a mod is needed? You need need to be a mod in order to give fair judgement. The only reason a mod is needed is if the area becomes spammy and untidy. At the moment that forum is probably the neatest forum on PC, and without a mod. So if there is a small problem with a thread needing to be locked/moved/stickied then a higher staff member can do it.

Ice rabbit is another negative person

Chaos and Skarm were negetive but, they got banned

I could link to a bunch of topics that went off topic and a bunch of flaming which was only stopped by, quite a few PMs to Admins.

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
    Dakota said:
    The fact that they have skill in their field is really a secondary...

I disagree.

I know you people are higher than me, and have more knowledge about things through experience with modding people, and seeing how they turn out from whatever background they came from (Cool headed, Good in there section etc..), but I personally believe that knowledge of the area should be primary, just as long as they are not "Great with sets, but an utter pr*ck".

Toothache had the last bit covered, he was usually a pretty good fella, he got a little edgy at times though :P, but he did not have creating movesets covered, he had other areas of pok?mon covered, but not sets, which is probably why he eventually turned inactive after being defeated by me, and a lot of other people, because his sets just weren't working out.

Of course, it could have been a Staff thing or something that caused his inactiveness, but it happened pretty much as soon as I beat his serious team with my joke team...

But that's a different matter.

Dakota, I do agree that IF someone becomes modded (IF, since it's is seriously not necessary at the current time), they should be cool headed about things.

I've changed how I am, but I think I'm virtually ruled out because of how I was.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    Lion heart, your not impressing anybody by saying your better than Toothache at pokemon, which is so obviously what your trying to do...

Lion Heart said:
    I've changed how I am, but I think I'm virtually ruled out because of how I was.

You got that right

PsiUmbreon

Proud Dark-Type
    Years
    Look at this:

Dakota's rep comments said:
    "GOD" March 22nd, 2005 05:30 PM No it wasn't flaming...an insult never came out of my mouth, I just emphasized the unwillingness of the Democratic party...unlike you, who called us "Right Wing Republican pigs"
    The Shining Mew Club March 22nd, 2005 05:14 PM And friends with Jess...the list of your good qualities just keep dropping and dropping >_>
    "GOD" March 22nd, 2005 05:13 PM He does love everyone. Are you saying you should never punish someone you love?
    "GOD" March 22nd, 2005 05:12 PM LOL! I'm not even joking anymore, this time I'm being very very serious. You, seriosuly, no nothing about the christian faith, whatsoever...at all, period...done
    The Umbreon_07 fanclub! March 22nd, 2005 05:11 PM You have a fanclub? They must be getting desperate...
    "GOD" March 22nd, 2005 05:10 PM Oh...my...gosh...First you assume one thing to be fact, then you keep building and building till you say it's a contradiction? Geez, and you said I don't understand anything?
    The Umbreon_07 fanclub! March 22nd, 2005 05:09 PM I really hope you don't mind me bad repping you...seeing as you said it's ok and all >_> which is really the only reason I'm doing this
    The Amazing Official Li... March 22nd, 2005 05:08 PM So you and LH must be butt buddies now huh...
    Black Mage March 22nd, 2005 05:07 PM Heh...if you disagree with us you go to hell? Actually that's not how it works...if you WANT to know how it works, feel free to Aim me or ask in the thread
    hello ^^ March 22nd, 2005 05:06 PM IS every christian that you've met like the ones you describe?

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    *shakes head*

Wasn't it you, Umbreon_07, that coaxed me telling me it was ok to mass bad-rep you?

I feel like Mcdonalds...that I keep getting sued by fat people >_>

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back