• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] Star Wars Club ? May the force be with you

Years
Righto! I'll keep that in mind. I'm going to immerse myself in the whole franchise once I'm in a place to, but I'm planning on keeping myself pretty damn busy this year - paving the way for my career and furnishing myself with friends. But if they don't know the difference between a clone trooper and a stormtrooper, then pfft! They can get lost.

Episode IX, though! Episode freaking IX! This may or may not be a spoiler of note, but I hear that it'll be set one year after the events of TLJ. Does one sense the appearance of the Knights of Ren? A damnably exciting thought. It'll be epic to see how everything ties in, and if Rey will stick to the Light Side or literally stick it to the Light Side. For a time, anyway. I doubt she'll be the new Dark Lord of the next set of films or anything.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Righto! I'll keep that in mind. I'm going to immerse myself in the whole franchise once I'm in a place to, but I'm planning on keeping myself pretty damn busy this year - paving the way for my career and furnishing myself with friends. But if they don't know the difference between a clone trooper and a stormtrooper, then pfft! They can get lost.

Episode IX, though! Episode freaking IX! This may or may not be a spoiler of note, but I hear that it'll be set one year after the events of TLJ. Does one sense the appearance of the Knights of Ren? A damnably exciting thought. It'll be epic to see how everything ties in, and if Rey will stick to the Light Side or literally stick it to the Light Side. For a time, anyway. I doubt she'll be the new Dark Lord of the next set of films or anything.

If Rey sticks to the Light side, then why name Episode VIII "The Last Jedi"? Jedi Order is no more since Yoda himself destroyed the ancient texts that started the whole order in the first place. What I believe Rey will become is what Ahsoka Tano ultimately became: A Grey Jedi. Namely you're neither Light or Dark but Grey. You do what you feel is right as opposed to living by a strict code that the Jedi and Sith do. Yields you a ton more freedom while allowing you to explore all avenues of the Force.

Speaking of Ahsoka... *MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!!!***
Spoiler:

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
So to start up more conversation:

Jedi or Sith?
CIS or Republic?
Rebels or Empire?
Favorite Starfighter? <- Example: X-Wing. Can pick just about anything lol.

My answers:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I would be a grey Jedi for sure. I'm against uncessary violence unless the ends justify the means. But there are some situations where diplomacy just isn't viable. I also don't particularly like how restrictive the Jedi order is. While I wouldn't go full on dark side, I definitely don't think I'd be a padawan.

I'd probably be a Separatist. I agree with the idea of a democratic galactic. Plus cool uniforms, ships, and weapons.

I'm split here, both have their advantages. Although I want to say Rebels, I'm going to side with the Empire here. They're just so badass!

I'm a fan of the good 'ol twin ion engine. :) It's not the fanciest but it's iconic.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I would be a grey Jedi for sure. I'm against uncessary violence unless the ends justify the means. But there are some situations where diplomacy just isn't viable. I also don't particularly like how restrictive the Jedi order is. While I wouldn't go full on dark side, I definitely don't think I'd be a padawan.

I'd probably be a Separatist. I agree with the idea of a democratic galactic. Plus cool uniforms, ships, and weapons.

I'm split here, both have their advantages. Although I want to say Rebels, I'm going to side with the Empire here. They're just so badass!

I'm a fan of the good 'ol twin ion engine. :) It's not the fanciest but it's iconic.

You do know the Empire has numerous variants of Tie's at its disposal right? Tie Fighter, Tie Bomber, Tie Interceptor, Tie Advanced, Tie Defender, Tie Scout(built for scouting with highly sensitive equipment), Tie Phantom(cloaks) and I think one other but can't quite think of it unless I got them all lol. Which one do you like?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Not sure what Imperial craft I'd fly. Tie Defender is a possibility, but I think I'd prefer the more maneuverable Tie Advanced. Granted Defender has Ion Cannons... ugh lol. Eh screw it, Assault Gunboats ^_^

Years
I think the Star Destroyer is my favourite ship. It's hard to say because they're all brilliant, but Imperial blockades give me shivers...! Otherwise it's gonna be X-Wings and TIE Fighters. I actually had a dream where I was piloting an X-Wing over the ocean, and it was the most amazing sensation in the world. I wonder if being a pilot is actually that euphoric.

I have no idea whether I'd be a Gray Jedi, or a Sith or just a normal Jedi. Total evilness is too much for my childlike sensibilities, but meditating all day and never getting angry? Pfft! So being a Gray Jedi seems fairly ideal, and yet it doesn't sound completely satisfying.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Hard to pilot a Star Destroyer solo don't you think? You're not secretly Vice Admiral Holdo are you because if you are... I'll need an Interdictor to take you down lol. Then again you might go Commander Sato on my butt...

Years
Well, yeah, but piloting it solo is hardcore! And it'd be a great hobby and be brilliant for your health - all of that dashing between consoles and flipping switches. The stress could prove lethal but that's the cost of being extreme.

And bah! If I was going to be a pilot... I'd be Rey. That flying-through-the-dilapidated-Star-Destroyer-on-Jakku thing had me so hyped - I was basically weeping in between my cheers. And Rogue One was terrific in terms of dogfights. Getting to see Hammerhead Corvettes in action is a sight to be savoured, and then there was Chirrut Îmwe... good lord, Bōjutsu is amazing. I tried to get into it, but all I can do is twirl my makeshift Bō around me. Strengthened my hands to hell, too. Very much recommended.

Here's hoping that Episode 9 has the Knights of Ren and a few dogfights. Totally going to see it in cinemas.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
Name: Flame
Favorite Character(s): Han Solo, Finn, Luke Skywalker (i honestly love them all, but these are the best imo)
When did you first start watching?: Thats a hard one, gotta be when i was about 10? so about 7 years ago i presume, somewhere around that time though. I think it was right before disney XD started having disney shows and stuff about starwars, actually, probably about a year or two before Star Wars Rebels, maybe more, I just dont remember.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Name: Flame
Favorite Character(s): Han Solo, Finn, Luke Skywalker (i honestly love them all, but these are the best imo)
When did you first start watching?: Thats a hard one, gotta be when i was about 10? so about 7 years ago i presume, somewhere around that time though. I think it was right before disney XD started having disney shows and stuff about starwars, actually, probably about a year or two before Star Wars Rebels, maybe more, I just dont remember.

Welcome ^_^ So you started around 2012/2013 or so correct? Only movies that have come out since then were Episode 7 and 8, Rogue One and Solo. As for TV series, Clone Wars was the first TV series you would have watched as it went from 2008-2014. First five seasons on Cartoon Network but the 6th Season was on Netflix. They're releasing Season 7 this year but on Disney's subscriber service Disney+. The Animated Film Clone Wars was set to establish the beginning relationship between Anakin and his apprentice Ahsoka Tano. Star Wars Rebels was from 2014-2018 with 4 seasons. Seasons 3 and 4 were better in my opinion but do not neglect or disregard the first two as they're not that bad themselves. I just prefer the later ones due to the antagonist in Admiral Thrawn. How the series ended and how he was defeated was underwhelming. Wasn't befitting of his stature as I see it. Govenor Pryce, definitely but not Thrawn. I must add: Jason Isaacs as the Inquisitor in Season 1 totally made that Season. After that there is Star Wars Resistance(which is ongoing). On the fence regarding that but any of what I've said make any sense?

Here's a small sample of Clone Wars to refresh your memory:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Shame. He was a good man and a damn fine Wookie. :(

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Shame. He was a good man and a damn fine Wookie. :(

Eh the day Billy Dee Williams dies will be a sad day. That video you posted at top of page 2 just wouldn't be the same no? Plus with him coming back in Episode 9 over 35 years later speaks volumes. Shame really so many good actors are in Star Wars that aren't with us today. Chistopher Lee being the one that comes to mind for me. He had just this iconic voice and it's buoyed by the fact he played one of my favorite Bond Villains in Scaramanga.

Back