• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] Star Wars Club ? May the force be with you

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
How I celebrated yesterday in a nutshell.

May be hard mode but it's sloppy gameplay. Might be my past experience at playing RTS talking but those first few missions he shouldn't lose even a unit on land. Vader himself is so OP that he can basically do it mostly on his own lol. Even in Space, you should downright dominate with just a fleet of 4 Tartan Patrol Cruisers, 4 Acclamators, Fleet Commander to boost their performance and Vader himself. That fleet would last until after Geonosis wherein you replace everything but the Commander with 4 Broadside Cruisers and 4 Victory Class Destroyers. That lasts until the mission on Tatooine wherein the Victory Star Destroyers are replaced by their far larger Imperial Star Destroyers. I sprinkle in Interdictor Cruisers if need be but otherwise 3 ISD's, 4 Broadsides and Vader crush just about anything the enemy can throw at you.

Much different take on land but compared to this guy, I'm a borderline master lol. Watching him take losses in the manner he did made me cringe a little inside. Tarkin would have his head for incompetence.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I wish I was looking forward to the ninth movie but somehow I'm not much? Hm.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I wish I was looking forward to the ninth movie but somehow I'm not much? Hm.

Carrie Fisher not being around dampens the spirits seeing as her character hasn't been killed off(but with her being gone, her character can't really partake. Not like they want her to be around though). I also don't get the hate for the 8th Movie either. Maybe I have low expectations or I'm just not the picky nerd in some mother's basement who says this and this should have happened. With the New Republic destroyed(via 7th movie) and the Resistance beaten and scattered thanks to the 8th, there's a lot of doors they can open and go through in the 9th. One of those doors involves bringing back characters from other avenues of the Star Wars Universe. It would be surreal if Star Wars Rebels and/or Clone Wars had their pivotal characters make their live action big screen debut. Namely Sabine Wren, Hera Sendulla(if she's still alive that is), Ezra Bridger(he of all would make sense if Emperor is still alive. Think the final few Episodes of Season 4 for Rebels) or Ahsoka Tano(she survived the Clone Wars and Galactic Civil War. Considering she's no longer a Jedi, she would be a perfect Master or guide for Rey in Episode 9. Plus she's a fan favorite and I would scream like a little girl if she was in Movie 9).

I think that Episode 9 will be hurt by the fact that I'll be fatigued from watching movies all year and that Frozen 2 will be out around the same time. With twin nieces who are 5... yeah I think Star Wars will lose out.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Not to be an ignorant ass but what do you mean by that?

It's a cancelled FPS that was meant to follow Boba Fett as he traveled through Level 1313 on Coruscant. It sounded really cool. :(

Also I agree about Carrie Fisher. Her not being there is definitely going to sour the experience in a way. I'm still going to see it for sure, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have any hesitation over it. Also, lets face it, Kylo Ren is going to have a redemption arc so we already know that's going to be a focus later. Would LOVE to see Ahsoka return to take Rey as a Padawan though!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Interesting a FPS with Boba Fett. Then again Battlefront kind of did a decent job here. Be it 1 or 2(notably this one) playing as Fett isn't so bad. Redemption Arc for Kylo is too cliche though. What about characters who are beyond Redemption or simply don't want to be saved? I consider that to be more likely than Kylo redeeming himself. Also Ahsoka wouldn't be Rey's Master. She was excommunicated or kicked out of the Jedi Order after being falsely accused of a crime that ultimately her friend had committed and framed Ahsoka for it. After refusing to rejoin upon being vindicated, she survived Order 66(largely because of being kicked out), and helped organize Rebel cells. One such cell is the one that the Star Wars Rebels series is based on and Ahsoka has them recruit Commander Rex(who is the old guy in Episode 6). Without spoiling the series, I'll simply say that at the end of the series, she sets off with Sabine to go on an expedition to find Ezra Bridger(another Jedi). Seeing as the Jedi Order is no more, the whole concept of Master and Apprentice no longer exists. Luke was essentially the last Jedi since Kylo turned to the Dark side and Rey is a Grey Jedi lIke Ahsoka. Carrie Fisher not being there will hurt but I think they already did a tribute to her in Episode 8 did they not?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I agree it's cliche and they can do better, but everything about his character is pointing to redemption. Jenny Nicholson said it waaay better than I could. Spoiler'd just in case!
Spoiler:

Also I know about Ahsoka, I was just saying Padawan for the sake of using it. :)

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
The Emperor does indeed muddy the waters and points to Redemption arc for Kylo. I just don't like it because its already been done and would be refreshing if there was a character that was beyond saving or couldn't be saved. Ahsoka would be the ideal character to snap him back to the good side because no one alive can attest to have known Anakin Skywalker but Ahsoka. Seeing as Kylo reveres his Grandfather, perhaps Ahsoka would be the one to tell him what type of person he truly was. One more thing regarding the Emperor. With the Emperor supposedly back, the Star Wars Rebels series immediately sprang to mind. For those who didn't watch, don't read the spoiler:

Spoiler:

Cid

Years
I've actually become a Star Wars fan in my absence. So I'd like to join.

Name: Cid
Favorite Character(s): It used to be Obi-Wan, but now I like Finn and Poe more. Han Solo is a fun character as well.
When did you first start watching? When Rogue One was airing, my friend who was a huge Star Wars fan invited us to watch as well, and I liked it so much that I marathoned the first seven episodes, December of that year.

The Emperor does indeed muddy the waters and points to Redemption arc for Kylo. I just don't like it because its already been done and would be refreshing if there was a character that was beyond saving or couldn't be saved. Ahsoka would be the ideal character to snap him back to the good side because no one alive can attest to have known Anakin Skywalker but Ahsoka. Seeing as Kylo reveres his Grandfather, perhaps Ahsoka would be the one to tell him what type of person he truly was. One more thing regarding the Emperor. With the Emperor supposedly back, the Star Wars Rebels series immediately sprang to mind. For those who didn't watch, don't read the spoiler:

Spoiler:

I didn't watch the Star Wars Rebels series so I can't read the spoiler. But I do find it interesting that Kylo can still have some sort of redemption arc despite his actions in TLJ. The Emperor being back, and JJ Abrams probably wanting to pay homage to Vader making a heel-face turn in the third act, would point to Kylo following suit. Whatever happens, I'm excited for TRoS.

As for what I'm anticipating the most, I am excited for more Poe/Finn shenanigans. TLJ barely made them interact, and TFA was proof that they had on-screen chemistry as platonic bros.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I've actually become a Star Wars fan in my absence. So I'd like to join.

Name: Cid
Favorite Character(s): It used to be Obi-Wan, but now I like Finn and Poe more. Han Solo is a fun character as well.
When did you first start watching? When Rogue One was airing, my friend who was a huge Star Wars fan invited us to watch as well, and I liked it so much that I marathoned the first seven episodes, December of that year.

I didn't watch the Star Wars Rebels series so I can't read the spoiler. But I do find it interesting that Kylo can still have some sort of redemption arc despite his actions in TLJ. The Emperor being back, and JJ Abrams probably wanting to pay homage to Vader making a heel-face turn in the third act, would point to Kylo following suit. Whatever happens, I'm excited for TRoS.

As for what I'm anticipating the most, I am excited for more Poe/Finn shenanigans. TLJ barely made them interact, and TFA was proof that they had on-screen chemistry as platonic bros.

I recommend you watch Clone Wars first as it's arguably the better series(they're making a new Season for Disney's Disney+ service coincidentally) but also lays the foundation for certain arcs/Episodes in Star Wars Rebels. I won't spoil as to which ones but watching Clone Wars definitely helped me in making sense of Rebels. Rebels was a decent series too but I found the dark nature of Clone Wars outstripped the sanitized Rebels since it's Disney after all. Got a long way to go before Episode 9 hits and there will be more trailers between now and then.

Back