• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Starter Pokémon, Legendaries, Region, Release Date for Sun and Moon Revealed!

Years
  • The bad this is, these fake leaks usually turn out to be so much better than the actual evolutions. Those second staged starter forms from that image look so good and would change my opinion on all three, particularly Popplio.

I can understand how some people feel the official designs don't live up to what the fake designs were implying, but then again not all fakes look good.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • At least I was right about Solgaleo being part Steel. It's ability seems like clear body, probably with an added effect like Reshiram and Zekrom's Abilities are enhanced mold breakers. Same with Lunaala being part Psychic. So we seem to have a psychic trio. Seems like only four large islands for Alola. Rotom dex! Didn't expect that, but I love the idea...it did make me think of Pluto/Charon.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • At least I was right about Solgaleo being part Steel. It's ability seems like clear body, probably with an added effect like Reshiram and Zekrom's Abilities are enhanced mold breakers. Same with Lunaala being part Psychic. So we seem to have a psychic trio. Seems like only four large islands for Alola. Rotom dex! Didn't expect that, but I love the idea...it did make me think of Pluto/Charon.

I'm surprised Sogaleo didn't end up becoming partially Fire type but I suppose it makes a change. I guess having a part Fire type would make it all too similar to Pyroar? Either way though I'm cool with having two Psychic type legendaries.

Years
  • After Charizard, Ho-oh, Primal Groudon, and Reshiram we've got enough part fire mascots I guess xD. Though this trio thus far has two of the typings of the creation trio (and one of Lugia's) plus the Lake trio's psychic. Will the third one be Psychic/Water? Especially with a name like Marshadow. Mar is spanish for sea. Though we've got a lot of water mascots too, but Psychic/Water is a typing we combo we haven't seen since Gen II.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2017
    After Charizard, Ho-oh, Primal Groudon, and Reshiram we've got enough part fire mascots I guess xD. Though this trio thus far has two of the typings of the creation trio (and one of Lugia's) plus the Lake trio's psychic. Will the third one be Psychic/Water? Especially with a name like Marshadow. Mar is spanish for sea. Though we've got a lot of water mascots too, but Psychic/Water is a typing we combo we haven't seen since Gen II.
    When do we typically get the third Pokemon of the main trio revealed?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am more worried about the amount of pokemon than I am post game content with those strategy guides.

However, the Unova Strategy Guide had about 296 pages as well, and we got 156 pages. So that gives me some hope.

As for the 3rd legend, I am thinking an Eclipse Pokemon. To men, it is the only one that makes sense.

Years
  • I am more worried about the amount of pokemon than I am post game content with those strategy guides.

However, the Unova Strategy Guide had about 296 pages as well, and we got 156 pokemon. So that gives me some hope.

As for the 3rd legend, I am thinking an Eclipse Pokemon. To me, it is the only one that makes sense.

The third could also be represented by Star. When other series' have done the Sun and Moon theme they are usually accompanied by Stars. Interestingly Rotom's dex forme is shaped like a star...

Could also be Tempest or Sea if they game's names are a reference to the Shinto gods Amateratsu, Tsukuyomi, and Susano'o. The first two are Sun goddess, and Moon god. The last one is the Storm (aka Tempest) and Sea god. Interestingly Marshadow includes the spanish word for sea, Mar. So it could be based on the depths of the ocean. The bottom of the sea is said to be a bigger mystery to humans than the Moon or Sun. Well I'm sure they'll include eclipses too. Like a shadow against the sea of Alola. Kind of Ominous...a shadowy creature that lives in the water around an island region like that. I'm reminded of Lugia, Giratina, and Kyurem a little.

Years
  • Guys, it appears some post on Tumblr has pointed out what the theme between the Alola starters is - and it's ALCHEMY! Credit goes to this person here for pointing it out: http://ask-white-fatalis.tumblr.com/post/145390196891/pokemon-theory

tumblr_inline_o88enucBvj1rqmrh7_540.png

So far, the obvious one here is Litten whose head marking and eyes together form the symbol for sulfur and brimstone, associated with its Fire typing.

tumblr_inline_o88f6pMmhQ1rqmrh7_540.png

Rowlet's leaf bowtie apparently resembles one of the alchemic symbols meaning "night", which ties into the fact that owls are nocturnal creatures.

tumblr_inline_o88ewnjU4S1rqmrh7_540.png

And finally, Popplio's nose and snout resemble a notable alchemic symbol for Water, fitting its type.

Now that we know the apparent theme (or not?) it will be interesting to see how alchemy themes will come into play with the designs of the evolutions.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Guys, it appears some post on Tumblr has pointed out what the theme between the Alola starters is - and it's ALCHEMY! Credit goes to this person here for pointing it out: http://ask-white-fatalis.tumblr.com/post/145390196891/pokemon-theory

tumblr_inline_o88enucBvj1rqmrh7_540.png

So far, the obvious one here is Litten whose head marking and eyes together form the symbol for sulfur and brimstone, associated with its Fire typing.

tumblr_inline_o88f6pMmhQ1rqmrh7_540.png

Rowlet's leaf bowtie apparently resembles one of the alchemic symbols meaning "night", which ties into the fact that owls are nocturnal creatures.

tumblr_inline_o88ewnjU4S1rqmrh7_540.png

And finally, Popplio's nose and snout resemble a notable alchemic symbol for Water, fitting its type.

Now that we know the apparent theme (or not?) it will be interesting to see how alchemy themes will come into play with the designs of the evolutions.

Interesting point. There is another well known alchemical symbol which is the green lion consuming the sun which obviously could have ties with Solgaleo.

For reference:
    220px-Green_lion_consuming_the_sun.jpg

Back