• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Starter Pokémon, Legendaries, Region, Release Date for Sun and Moon Revealed!

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
  • Here's something interesting to think about.

Spoiler:

It's most probably nothing, but Game Freak do have a tendency to put in subtle hints like that. I know we're way off the next games, but this year does mark the 10 year anniversary of Diamond & Pearl.

I don't think that was intentional, as Pearl Harbor and Diamond Head are famous landmarks/areas in Hawaii. But that is kinda funny though, I've had the thought they should have saved "Galactic" for the evil team's name for SM instead. When I think of the word galactic, I'm more inclined to think of celestial bodies like the sun and moon instead of the space-time continuum. Not to mention the Commanders are named after planets.{XD}

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I don't think that was intentional, as Pearl Harbor and Diamond Head are famous landmarks/areas in Hawaii. But that is kinda funny though, I've had the thought they should have saved "Galactic" for the evil team's name for SM instead. When I think of the word galactic, I'm more inclined to think of celestial bodies like the sun and moon instead of the space-time continuum. Not to mention the Commanders are named after planets.{XD}

Maybe they'll make it up by calling Alola's evil team Team Vortex, which to me seems more space-time. So it'll be flipped.

Btw, that cliff on the other corner of the map isn't called Platinum cliff now is it xD?

Edit: Wow, so while there is no Platinum cliff there are several companies called Platinum something between Pearl Harbor and Diamond Head xD...

Btw, Honolulu has an international airport. If we are to travel to Kalos in S/M it'll likely be through Pokehonolulu's airport.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I really hope the evolutions pack power with elegance and time consuming designs.

Spoiler:

I really want some of the new pokemon to be themed like I said above, however, they should lower the stats of non Sun/Moon pokemon until the narrative is beaten, so that trainers mix in with the "Hawaiian flow"

Hope you enjoyed this!

Years
  • I really hope the evolutions pack power with elegance and time consuming designs.

Spoiler:

I really want some of the new pokemon to be themed like I said above, however, they should lower the stats of non Sun/Moon pokemon until the narrative is beaten, so that trainers mix in with the "Hawaiian flow"

Hope you enjoyed this!

Island themed gyms huh? Then I see Rock, and Ground in addition to those you've listed. The last two can be Dark and Psychic as a reference to Night and Day, plus a call back to the Johto eeveelutions which evolve from eevee using that mechanic.

Years
  • thinker1996.tumblr.com/post/145240234830/there-wont-be-inter-region-travel-in-sun-and

If this guy is to be believed, looking at Alola it appears we won't have inter-region travel again (sorry to everyone who wanted to travel to Kalos) because I just can't easily see Kalos or Hoenn get remade to accommodate for the new fully-proportioned overworld models.

However, he also points out the strategy guide has less pages than both the ones for XY and ORAS. If that is to be believed, I guess I'm not expecting a lot of postgame content, which has usually been tradition for most debut entries for a new generation and after seeing how shoddy XY's postgame was treated, this could leave a sour taste in people's mouths since it could look like Game Freak is favouring competitive players once again.

Years
  • thinker1996.tumblr.com/post/145240234830/there-wont-be-inter-region-travel-in-sun-and

If this guy is to be believed, looking at Alola it appears we won't have inter-region travel again (sorry to everyone who wanted to travel to Kalos) because I just can't easily see Kalos or Hoenn get remade to accommodate for the new fully-proportioned overworld models.

However, he also points out the strategy guide has less pages than both the ones for XY and ORAS. If that is to be believed, I guess I'm not expecting a lot of postgame content, which has usually been tradition for most debut entries for a new generation and after seeing how shoddy XY's postgame was treated, this could leave a sour taste in people's mouths since it could look like Game Freak is favouring competitive players once again.

The link is broken...

Hmm, if the strategy guide has less pages it could also mean that each page has more info on it, aka it's more tightly packed to save money on printing them, especially with the dying of magazines, and paper strategy guides.

Years
  • The link is broken...

Hmm, if the strategy guide has less pages it could also mean that each page has more info on it, aka it's more tightly packed to save money on printing them, especially with the dying of magazines, and paper strategy guides.

The link went wrong because my internet is crap right now...

But I could get your reasoning behind this, and I know print media is being heavily overtaken by digital reading so maybe saving costs was what they were planning.

Years
  • The link is broken...

The link went wrong because my internet is crap right now... here it is: http://thinker1996.tumblr.com/post/145240234830/there-wont-be-inter-region-travel-in-sun-and

But I could get your reasoning behind this, and I know print media is being heavily overtaken by digital reading so maybe saving costs was what they were planning.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The strategy guide having less pages is a little underwhelming, but I don't think that necessarily means there will be less post game content. Information can be compressed and cut down and 352 Pages can still accommodate for a great deal of content, it just depends on how the guide is structured I guess. If you take a look at HGSS which arguably has the most content of any games in the franchise, the strategy guide for those games only had 352 pages for the Johto portion which is exactly the same of that than Sun & Moon. Even the first strategy guide for Diamond & Pearl only had 296 pages, again it just depends on how many pages are allocated for certain pieces of information which can easily be reduced by different means.

Last edited:

GenuinelyAuthentic

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/icon/213.pn
    Years
  • The strategy guide having less pages is a little underwhelming, but I don't think that necessarily means there will be less post game content. Information can be compressed and cut down and 352 Pages can still accommodate for a great deal of content, it just depends on how the guide is structured I guess. If you take a look at HGSS which arguably has the most content of any games in the franchise, the strategy guide for those games only had 352 pages for the Johto portion which is exactly the same of that than Sun & Moon. Even the first strategy guide for Diamond & Pearl only had 296 pages, again it just depends on how many pages are allocated for certain pieces of information which can easily be reduced by different means.
    I'm really hoping your argument is correct, it seems pretty valid. X and Y was quite and disappointment (please don't take that out of context, it's was still a good game) and I personally don't want another.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Apparently Masuda will be showing up at the Japan Expo in Paris on July 7th. Serebii Joe points out on his Twitter that it was through that method where Masuda had revealed Honedge back in 2013. With that said, it's possible we'll get some sort of reveal at the expo next month.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    How is there even a strategy guide for a game that's still ~6 months away from release?

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2016
    The strange souvenir from X and y is from the Alola Region you probably have to bring it to a volcano throw it in or something and Volcanion appears.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'd imagine they're very close to implementing all the content for the game at this point, during the next month or so they might be making minor changes but nothing too major I'd guess.

They'll need a few months for extensive bug testing (bug testing isn't a last minute kind of thing) and then about a month (or maybe it's shorter these days) when the game goes gold.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    The entire game is finished, as is the guide. The guide will be held back due to spoilers. The game is held off to test any bugs out, and to draw hype for release.

Years
  • I found this on Tumblr...

tumblr_o8467mFdaJ1qjpf44o1_540.jpg

They are definitely fake, considering the Popplio one there since I wouldn't usually view that for a Water/Fighting Pokemon. Besides, while we won't get starter evolutions until after a few months it is interesting to still find this.

Years
  • I'm sure most people assume Fire/Dark because of the color on Litten. People said Fire/Dark for Tepig as well ?

I remember Tepig's black accents led to Fire/Dark speculation as well, although I admit it didn't give off a Dark-type vibe. Fire/Fighting was not what I saw coming, but it had unfortunate reputation that caused Tepig to decline in popularity.

If this fake pic is to go by, I wouldn't mind Grass/Flying, Fire/Dark and Water/Fighting as the Alola starters' final types. It does have an interesting connection to the Sinnoh starters since two of those type combinations have an immunity while the third one doesn't, and in the case of Sinnoh the one without an immunity to a type was Infernape who was also part Fighting.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The bad this is, these fake leaks usually turn out to be so much better than the actual evolutions. Those second staged starter forms from that image look so good and would change my opinion on all three, particularly Popplio.

Back