• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Stella Matutina: DEMON HUNTERS [OOC] [M]

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Stella Matutina:
sigi_smalll.png
sigi_smalll.png

DEMON HUNTERS
rated M. spots are currently OPEN
OOC thread / IC thread

"Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein."
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."
Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil (1886)​

"For as long as there has been man, there have been demons to thwart man. And for long as there have been demons, there has been man to fight demons. It is a bitter cycle, one which has challenged us to this day, to this hour, to this very second.

Many of us have asked ourselves: what exactly are demons? And what brings them to Earth? Why do they fight us? Some say they are manifestations of the human emotion. Some say they are simply the ghosts of living beings with a mad thirst for death. All that we are truly certain of is that if we refuse to fight back, it will be the end of humanity.

Yet, for each demon we exorcise, we ask ourselves: when will this vicious cycle stop? When will we get the peace that we have deserved for thousands of millennia?

Ladies and gentlemen, that peace starts with you! Every choice we make and every sacrifice we take goes towards the greater good, and that one day we may walk this Earth without worrying about what might be lurking around the corner, or that we may go to sleep without checking underneath the bed at night.

You are the path to that bright future! You are the keys to the doors of peace and light!

Welcome to Stella Matutina! Welcome... to the Order of the Morning Star!"​

The hall erupted into a round of applause. This is the speech the Magus, Gabriel Aggelos, the head of Stella Matutina gives every year at the Order's opening presentation. And this year, you have the pleasure of hearing it in the flesh, as you sit in the hall of Stella Matutina, in the city of Griffin, California. You have, some way or another, been successful in joining the Order of the Morning Star and today is your very first day.

The world we know is two sides of a coin: Canaan, the human world and the one we exist in today and Gehenna, the demon world, unseen and unreachable. Underneath the naked eye, demons have plagued humanity for as long as anybody can remember, slipping through cracks between the two worlds.

But hunters who live to protect the world that we live in, use everything in their power to stop the imbalance in the world. Where there has been demons to hunt and feed on humans, there have been humans to hunt and sought out demons. This is the way the world has been for as long as time has known. Nobody is sure who threw the first punch or the cause for the ongoing, yet silent war, only that many people have died for it.

To those who are ignorant to Gehenna and do not believe in demons, they appear as either invisible or a basic form of what they are (for example, a cat sidhe or cat demon may appear as a house cat). However, those who know of and fully believe in Gehenna or have ever been struck by a demon see them for what they are: often toting a variety of features including horns, spines, strange colouring, fangs, claws or red eyes.

Only one thing has stopped humanity from completely wiping out demon-kind: The Decay. When a human kills a higher-ranking demon for the first time, they absorb its spirit. From this point forward, killing demons and being in demonic presence ignites the Decay, and the human slowly takes the form of the first demon they killed, both in mind and body. A veteran demon hunter can be easily seen by how much they look like a demon themselves.

The Decay can be slowed or reversed with time or a mixture of herbs of sorts but there is no known cure for it.

TERMINOLOGY
Spoiler:

CLASSES
Spoiler:

FAQ
Spoiler:

RULES
  • Activity! It's one of the things that I ask of most. You're making a commitment, but that's not saying life doesn't come first! Just remember to post regularly and if things do come up, please tell me!
  • No godmodding, powerplaying, etc.
  • This RP is rated M for mature! Swearing, gore and adult themes are expected!
  • There are no proper number of 'spots'. Instead, there will be sections in the roleplay where new members can appropriately join. if the roleplay has started and you'd like to join, express interest, and I'll see about slotting you in.
  • It's possible to be at any skill level and join Stella Matutina but for your character to benefit the most out of joining it, they must be a beginner hunter, self taught or raised in a hunter family, have not 'professionally' hunted and only recently or have not yet chosen their class. Higher level hunters could be part of this years recruits but it would have made more sense for a higher level hunter to have been recruited earlier.
  • It's also possible to have not read the terminology section and still sign up. Just be aware your character will be quite out of the know!
  • As usual, feel free to ask me any questions!

SIGN-UP TEMPLATE

NAME: (include any nicknames)
DATE OF BIRTH: (dd/mm/yyyy, usually over the age of 18 but there has been cases of younger hunters)
HUNTER CLASS: (one of the seven above, or if your character hasn't decided, you can just put Zero)
AFFINITY: (natural element (see elements in the terminology) affinity. if none or unknown, just put n/a)

APPEARANCE: (either written or a decent, full body image or both. if your character has suffered decay, make sure to include both normal (ignatii) appearance and decayed (vera or true) appearance)
HISTORY: (make it as long as you desire. what i want most of of this is how your character was introduced to demon hunting and how they found their way into the order)

FIRST DEMON SLAYED: (simply describe what kind of demon. include pictures if you want. however it is possible to join the Order of the Morning Star and not have killed a demon, therefore not have suffered any Decay if you are a skilled hunter who has something else kill for you. it is common for summoners or hunters who were brought into hunting by a friend of family member to not have been inflicted)

RP SAMPLE: (please provide a sufficient sample, describing either the first time your character encountered a demon and killed it, therefore forcing the Decay on themselves, or perhaps how they found their way into the Order of the Morning Star. something that will describe their personality well)
MISCELLANEOUS: (anything extra worth mentioning)

ACCEPTED HUNTERS
Rose Emilia Ardent - Skymin
Taylor Jackson - SV
Adelaide Ileana Rosaria - Nakuzami
Catherine Eska Von Gosridam & Novula Krytis - 「sarcasm
Naida Tuanama - Retro Bug
Clinton & Miles Uta'i - Swolligator
Manami Yoshida - ANARCHit3cht
Rachel Renée Robinson - Data_Error
Ian Hardgrove - Reportmyname
Tyler Boone - Ozymandias
Gabriel Ferreira - The Last Sentinel

MISCELLANEOUS

Spoiler:

★ ★ ★​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
<3 thanks for the interest guys! looking forward to seeing your characters :P

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Demons and magic. Can't say I'm not intrigued, and I'm certainly interested in the Summoner class. I'll see about making a SU tomorrow.

EDIT: Almost done. I'll add the RP Sample later. Done.

x
NAME: Adelaide Ileana Rosaria ("Addie" or "Della")
DATE OF BIRTH: June 6th, 1993; 21 years of age
HUNTER CLASS: Summoner
AFFINITY: Aqua

APPEARANCE: At six foot one (185.42cm), Adelaide's slender frame towers over most others and gives her a powerful hundred and eighty pounds (81.65kg) to work with. Her pale complexion shows her habit of staying indoors, and her hygiene is exceptional, with her never allowing herself to remain dirty for long. Her naturally auburn hair is died a light rose color, falling just past her shoulders with the top layer of the back kept in a neat braid. She has heterochromia: her right eye being a deep blue and her left being a brilliant green. Her eyes are normally accented by eyeliner and a light layer of eye shadow, she usually wears a dark red lipstick and her ears are adorned with two red clasps. Her facial features are sharp, her chest isn't prominent, and her muscles are rather toned thanks to her participation in track and field throughout high school.

Her general attire is rather variable, consisting of numerous coordinated outfits when she's in public, and tee-shirts, hoodies and yoga pants when she's at home.

Spoiler:

HISTORY: Adelaide was raised in southern Florida suburbia by her brother and his husband, as their parents were removed from the picture rather early on. When Adelaide was four, her mother took a trip to London, but never came back. Her father raised her and her brother until Adelaide was eleven, when he died from a sever case of influenza. Addie's brother, Alvise, turned eighteen not long after, and so assumed responsibility of Adelaide. He married his long time boyfriend, Eric, four years later. She remained with them until she was twenty, when she moved to California to join the Stella Matutina.

As a child, Adelaide was quiet and reserved. She mostly kept to herself, but she did enjoy hanging out with friends occasionally. She maintained high marks in school and participated in a number of extracurricular activities, including various theatre and art clubs, as well as track. Once her father died, however, she practically stopped talking to others altogether, save for a few friends she'd already made. It was at that point that she began delving into more solitary pursuits, such as taking an interest in spiritual matters, specifically the occult. It was more a hobby than anything serious, and mostly constituted an intrigue with the arcana and divination.

Eventually she began exploring runes, their meanings, and their uses. She memorized numerous sigils and began toying around with them, not truly expecting any results. And, for the most part, she got none, or at least none that she noticed. It was during one of these experiments that she pulled off the seemingly impossible, managing to accidentally summon . . . something. She was a sixteen year old doing nothing more than playing with "magic" trinkets when it happened, but it happened nonetheless. Somehow she succeeded in activating one of the conjuration runes within her grimoire, summoning a demon. It was a small, harmless demon, but it opened up a whole new world to Adelaide.

From that point on, Adelaide's slight interest in the occult evolved into what could be called an academic obsession. She attempted every spell and trick within her grimoire, which resulted in a few successes and many failures, and then she began searching for more spells in any relevant book or website she could find. Over the course of the next four years, she learned the basics of summoning demons, honed her spell casting skills and discovered that she held a particular affinity to water magicks, and figured out how to properly identify a demon's true form.

During her studies, she learned of demon hunters and various demon hunting organizations. Before she'd read up on them, it hadn't even occurred to her that demon hunting was a thing, since she had never encountered nor summoned a dangerous demon; irksome, sure, but never dangerous. It was also during that time that she learned about the Decay, which was an entirely foreign concept to her, and it served only to turn her off of the idea of demon hunting. Still, she wanted to learn as much as she could about magic and the demon world Gehenna, so she moved to Griffin, California, on her twentieth birthday in the hopes of joining the Stella Matutina. She would reside there for a year before she would be successful in entering the organization.

FIRST DEMON SLAYED: None

RP SAMPLE: "What's this?"

Addie glanced to the side, busy mixing the ingredients for the strawberry upside-down cake. "Strawberry pretzel salad. It's basically strawberries in jello on top of a layer of cream cheese and a layer of pretzels. It's good!"

Her friend, Amber, nodded. "Okay, then. Is this strawberry bread? And there's strawberry muffins here, and then chocolate covered strawberries over there. I mean, wow."

Addie finished prepping the cake and put it into the oven. "There's also a strawberry rhubarb pie in the fridge, and I'm making some filet mignon topped with balsamic strawberries."

"May I ask why?"

Addie closed the oven, wiped off her hands on her apron, and then slowly turned to Amber. "I bought a lot of strawberries."

She took off her apron and set it on the counter, taking a seat at the dining room table so she could view the television in the living room. "Oh, I'm also going to make some strawberry smoothies."

Amber took a seat across from Addie, giggling a bit as she did so. "Anyways, how goes the application for the, um, the thing?"

Addie gave a small smile. Amber was her best friend here in California, and she'd told her a bit about Gehenna and her interest in the occult, but Amber didn't truly believe in it. She thought it was interesting, certainly, but she was now as Adelaide had been as a teenager: she enjoyed the thought of it all, but to her it was nothing more than an amusing pastime. Because of that, she couldn't see demons in their true forms and couldn't fully understand Adelaide. Adelaide had never summoned a demon or performed magic in her presence, and she had no intentions to.

"Not sure," she responded. "I'm still waiting to hear back from them, though I plan to physically seek them out in a few days if I don't hear anything."

Amber raised a skeptical eyebrow. It was something she did rather often when speaking with Addie on these matters. Adelaide understood her skepticism, though, so it didn't bother her too much.

"Is that the best idea?"

Addie shook her head. "Not sure, but I'll find a way in, one way or another."

❣❣❣​

A few hours later Adelaide was left alone to clean the dishes of the evening. As expected, the filet mignon had been delicious, and all the deserts were fantastic. Strawberries were great.

She finished drying and putting away the dishes before turning off the kitchen light and heading into the living room. She lit a few candles and turned off the rest of the lights, taking a seat in the center of the floor.

She pulled out her tarot cards and began creating a specific pattern in front of her. She summoned this demon rather frequently, and once upon a time she would need to go through the process of drawing a sigil on the floor and doing a cliché little chant to call upon him, but now she needed only to use her tarot cards and think about him.

The candles around her briefly flared as a figure materialized before her.

"Again? We just talked yesterday. You've been calling on me for four years and we haven't even made a blood pact!"

Adelaide giggled for a moment. "You were the first demon I summoned, Benji. Besides, you know you love me."

The small demon, Benji, narrowed his eyes at Adelaide. Benji looked to be a sort of conglomeration of different animals: he had long, floppy ears like a lop rabbit; his eyes were a dim grey that occasionally shifted to a piercing yellow; he possessed the face and body of a large cat, and the pattern of his fur had a tendency to flow and change. He also had the ability to manipulate his size, able to grow as large as a tiger.

Basically he was the big kitty cat that Addie enjoyed annoying by summoning him rather frequently.

"I should bite you," the small cat rabbit retorted.

"But you won't."

Benji's nose twitched. "Perhaps not."

"So how've you been since yesterday, Ben? And would you like some strawberry everything?" She asked, prodding the little demon with a piece of strawberry bread.

He swatted the bread away with one of his ears. "No, thank you."

"Suit yourself," Addie said as she popped a piece into her mouth.

"And nothing's changed since yesterday. I mean, come on, you summon me so often I may as well just stick around."

"Oh?" Addie raised an eyebrow, wondering if the little fuzz ball was intentionally hinting at something or if that was just a slip of the tongue.

Benji glanced at Adelaide, looking a bit confused for a moment. "Well, sure, I guess."

Adelaide giggled. "Are you offering to become my familiar?"

"I guess," Benji repeated.

"In that case," Addie started excitedly as she reached for her grimoire, "let me see about a spell for that, or something."

She flipped through the pages until she came across what looked to be a binding spell. "This should do it," she murmured.

She got up and grabbed some chalk, as well as a few specific candles and incense. She took about ten minutes to prepare the spell while Benji watched with some interest off to the side. Once she'd finished the preparations, she plucked a tuft of fur off of Benji, who objected slightly when she did so without asking. She placed the fur in the center of the rune that she'd drawn, sat down and began to recite the spell.

"I don't feel any different," Benji stated once Adelaide had finished speaking.

"Give it a moment," she said. They both waited, Addie opening one eye slightly when she too felt nothing.

"Did it work?" Benji asked.

Addie blinked. "Not sure. But," she continued, "I think you're officially my familiar now. Cool."

MISCELLANEOUS:
  • Has never been in any sort of fight, so she's rather useless when she can't cast spells.
  • Despite the above, she's not weak and she's a fast runner, thanks to her years on her high school's track team and the habits she's maintained since
  • Goes running daily
  • Loves strawberries
  • Enjoys listening to classical music
  • Can play piano pretty darn well, as well as the ukulele and guitar
  • Likes watching cartoons
x

Last edited:

Ricochett

switched account.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2015
174yfc.jpg

Details ;;
Name: Catherine Eska Von Gosridam / "Catnip" / Eska
Birth of Date: 4, August
Hunter Class: Strider
Affinity: N/A
Appearance: Curly Beige Hair. Beige Eyes. She is average in weight but easy to carry, her height is at 5'5 ft, average thin body with pianist fingers and a smooth complexion. She usually has her eyes half-lidded or droopy, in a manner of boredom and sleepiness. She feels comfortable with wearing pajamas and wears them everyday in the house, although Catnip is not slobby, there are times where she doesn't take a bath in one whole day or more than one till 4-5 days, depending on her mood and what she is doing/working on. She doesn't mind getting dirty.

With outside clothes, Catherine wears cute-fashioned clothes that consists of a school-like skirt, high-knee socks, boots, fitted t-shirts with vests, anything that looks cute on her. Also carries bags either a backpack or a shoulder bag. She also wears bangles, beanies, knitted hat, depending on the clothes she is wearing. All in all, her fashion style is girly and fashionably cute on her. She wouldn't wear adult clothes or the clothes she thinks are whacky. As said, she wears pajamas and is bare-foot often inside the house.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

33vkf2t.jpg

Details ;;
Name: Novula Krytis / "Nov"
Birth of Date: 9, December (26 years old)
Hunter Class: Beater
Affinity: Earth
Appearance: Novula is a pale, 6'2ft tall slender man who has black hair. His teal eyes are hidden by his sunglasses that resembles a glasses and hat. He wears his scarf everywhere he goes. Kinda like a mannequin or a doll (and delicate-looking), he's pale enough to be almost mistaken as a ghost, it doesn't help that he wears black clothing, usually a school uniform. Yes, his clothes consists of school uniforms that are black, maybe he'd might wear a military uniform, he's that strange. Occasionally discards the black jacket... if it's hot enough. He's a neat person.​
Spoiler:

Writing Sample ;;
Tap tap tap. Were the only sounds echoing in the dark, dark room, the only source of light in the shape of a square, a dark figure hunched down as their fingers smash the keyboard buttons, typing in an incredible speed that no amateur could pull through-

Nah, the room wasn't that dark, it isn't dark in the first place, even with the windows shut, for it wasn't nighttime; it was daytime. It was just Catherine typing, a bored expression splashed on her face as she stared to the screen of her laptop. She was on the ground, on each side of her were laptops, from the looks of it: 3 or more, not including the other technologies such as the personal computer on her room, not just one but three. Was she rich? No, she wasn't that rich, Catherine knew how to build them back up and fix them, buying the destroyed ones from a cheap price compared to buying a new one and making them new again, depending on the difficulties.

She wasn't a technology genius for nothing and hey, she wasn't just a professional hacker and informant too. (No, she was not involve in an crime investigation police nor the government.)

There was a creak coming from the door to her room, she didn't paid it in mind to the sound, not even the padding of footsteps coming near her, she had stopped at the same time the 'intruder' crouched down, fingers still, she looked at them, unguarded and relaxed. Beige met Teal. One droopy, one blank.

"Groceries?" Says Catherine, not a question.

With an excellent poker face, Novula nodded.

She looked at her current attire: her comfy pajamas, mournfully, "I guess I'll change then." Drats, if only wearing pajamas outside was a rule.

.​

After kicking him out to change clothes, rather reluctantly, they made way to the supermarket, a 15 minute walk away, taking their time to choose food that would last for at least for 2 weeks with the occasional eyes flickering to them, lingering on her companion before looking away. The reactions were vary, yet they did not care, they were used to it and didn't mind. It was silent, food shopping to walking home, the rustle of plastics in their hand the only sounds between them, they didn't it, the silence was not uncomfortable, they didn't need words that much to understand one another, they've been together for years, it was not surprising. (And the fact they were not talkative people.)

"So," Catherine started, breaking the peaceful tranquility, "we're going that school in one week, huh." It was a casual statement, as casual as she was anyway, there was something in her tone that Novula could hear. He tilted his head down in an answer, whispers of regret floating to her. She reached out, clutched his sleeve and tugged, in response; he brushed a hand against hers, unsaid words spoken and understood.

It's okay.

I'm sorry.

I know.

"Hey... you know I'm not that dumb."

"..."

"I'm not going to leave."

"..."

"Nothing is going to stop me, not even you, I'm not the kind of person to step back."

"..."

"You can't make me, we're stuck together whether you like it or not."

"...Thank you."

.​

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I don't appreciate you releasing this without exclusively telling me... but you'll have a SU as soon as I can muster my fingers to do the work.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Oh man, I'm really interested after giving a quick skim- first thing that's caught my eye in a while. You might force my hand and make me drop an SU. Man. Would that be cool or what.

I'll assume yes and probably have something up in a few days

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
The personality I get from the RP sample as well as get a feeling of your writing style. Two birds one stone!!

EDIT: since i've been asked this like three times now, the era is modern day. so your character can wear fancy clothes and have a cell phone!

Last edited:

Ricochett

switched account.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2015
Oh? So that also means my character can use a laptop!

I still haven't thought of my character's solid personality, only the basics.

A computer hacker geek to breeze over getting information or shz, who has a love for five things: money, food, ranged-weapons, sleep and... violence. E-yap, that's the basic. lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
rose.png
Rose Emilia Ardent
> born august 19th, 1993
> ignis based strider/iaculatores

APPEARANCE:
In the eyes of the ignatii, Rose is built well for combat: she's lean and nimble, but has inherited her mother's hourglass figure, giving her a wide waist. Her hair is a reddish-brown, flowing long down her back but is often up and in a bun to keep it out of the way. She stands at nearly 170cm tall and weighs 65kg. Her eyes are hazel, being a deep green with flecks of brown within. Her skin is slightly tanned with the odd freckle here and there.

Her true form is the addition of two bony protrusions from her skull and a skinny tail which usually pops out from under her dress. Her nails are sharp and long -- something which annoys her greatly and forces her to cut them every day -- and her canines poking out of her mouth on the odd occasion. Her eyes have also turned into a nice pink which, according to her family, are a transition to a deep red.

Her clothes style is something that Rose puts a great deal of effort into. She prefers cute things, out of all things to wear: dresses with nice prints, cute flats or heels and usually a bit of jewellery to tie it all up. Of course, this is never practical and the thought of one of her arrows from the quiver on her back piercing her clothes disgusts her. Despite her occasional mishap, Rose would rather die than be seen in some disgusting jumpsuit or armour.

other references: example 1 example 2 example 3 example 4 example 5

HISTORY:
Rose was born to a family of demon hunters, so she's been on hunts for as long as she can remember. Her family, renowned and littered through history with the Ardent name, strives for excellence and has been trained for demon hunting since she started grade school. They travel mainly around the US (though her family has taken her overseas occasionally) hunting, as well as keeping up their front as a family of professional high quality security consultants. Rose and the other children among the Ardents were privately tutored by members of her family and attended the odd school now and again. Her father has paved her future, her younger brother's future and the future of their children and Rose aspires to be the best she can possibly be.

To prove her worth, she approached Stella Matutina several years ago while she was still in her teens. She was rejected, and has been for the past few years -- not for her undeniable skill, but partly because of her age, her recklessness, her arrogant personality and her father's wish for her to continue to train with her family before she becomes independent of her family.

FIRST DEMON SLAYED:
As she grew up in a family of hunters, her family picked, tracked and defeated her first demon, letting her land the final blow. The demon was a wingless dragon-like/salamander demon, with a fiery, grey skull for a head and a pink, scaly body. Darker stripes line its back and arms, ending in sharp claws and a long, skinny tail.

RP SAMPLE:
Spoiler:

MISCELLANEOUS:
Proficient in many areas of hunting. Except magic. She's the worst at magic.
Plays the violin, and she's pretty good at that too!
Her favourite print is floral and her favourite colour is mint green.
Regularly paints her fingernails.
Often accessorises her bow and arrows with her outfit. They all look different, but do the same thing.

drag.png

Last edited:

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
wip for me too
I like how our characters are both from "hunter" families although their methodology is completely different :p Your character learned more the practical side of hunting while mine has mostly dabbled in theory and a small test regarding his particular set of abilities! It will be interesting, to say the least, to see how they compare.

Ricochett

switched account.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2015
My character became a hunter for her own goals / 'selfish' reasons.

Money. Violence. Guns.

Lots and lots of violence.

Years
Getting my foot in the door on this one. More as it comes; will update this header when I'm done.

Rachel Renée Robinson

- Date of Birth - -- 18 June - Age 24
- Gender - - - - - - . Female
- Hunter Class - - - Beater / Bellatores
- Affinity - - - - - - -. Earth

Appearance

Be it because of the mountain air of her hometown or her more active lifestyle as a hunter, Rachel bears a strong, sturdy appearance. Not that she is by most standards obese; Rachel is only a kilogram or two over the average weight for a young woman of her height (5'9") and straight-frame body type, most of which is muscle weight. With equally sturdy hips and shoulders and a very slight tummy, she makes it a point to keep a tall posture to minimize how wide she might otherwise appear. Her face, while narrow and even a bit predatory-looking (accentuated by her thin eyebrows), still has a smooth contour and cheeks with light freckles, which serves alongside her dark brown eyes and long, light brown hair to give her a look that balances carefully between young and mature. While Rachel's skin is lightly tanned from simply being out and about so frequently, especially since beginning work for the Order of the Morning Star, her face tends to flush quite easily, somewhat grounding it to a lighter pallor. Her hair, long enough to just pass her shoulder-blades, is typically kept tied back in some form of tail or tight bun while hunting demons, but otherwise is left hanging down in a more casual appearance, her bangs collectively swept to the right over her forehead and the lower ends of her hair tossed forward over the same shoulder.

To those with the Sight to see the effect of the Decay on her, Rachel's skin becomes visibly dry - particularly around her limbs and the left side of her face - and even cracks a bit near the naturally wrinkle-prone areas of her face, namely the furrows around her eyes. Her limbs suffer the same cracking effect at the joints, and her hands become long and thin, resembling branches more than flesh. Her eyes mellow out to a yellowish-green, and her complexion is ever so slightly affected by the light of the sun, turning grey under dark skies and fuller under the light of the sun.

Rachel's taste in clothing has always been about marrying practicality with refinement, and being raised under a textile store owner gave her plenty of choice in doing so. Furs and linens in particular appeal to her, and as such make up much of her winter and summer wardrobes respectively. While out on the town, she keeps to well-fitted tops and slacks to match, though she will just as soon wear simple blouse-and-skirt matches on days of more leisurely activity. Solid colors are queen in her closet, allowing for more flexibility in an ensemble and keeping the occasional piece of jewelry from making an outfit feel "too busy". A particular staple of her appearance is her motorcycle jacket - made of brown leather, lined with wool, and tailored by her mother - which she is infrequently without. She has found over time that, given how much legwork is required of a hunter, she finds the most value in closed-toed footwear with low heels on a day-to-day basis, though this makes her secretly relish the rare times she has an excuse to dress more formally.

History

From an early age, the mountains have been Rachel's home for most of her life, from her early childhood in middle-of-nowhere Montana to slightly-less-isolated foothills in northern California during her teenage years. This attuned her to a naturally simplistic lifestyle - her mother was effectively the only seasoned seamstress in either town and married to her bookkeeper, and so that identity tended to bleed over into the life of their family. The days meandered by slowly, with most of her youthful energy being directed at others' farm work and evenings at home rarely getting much more exciting than re-watching movies on TV. Not that a town of less than 500 people had much else for her to do - most of her weekends ended up either spent working on something or another from the school shop class or going along on some aimless venture to kill time with the handful of people her own age.

Coming out of high school, Rachel skipped out on college entirely and began helping out full-time at her family's shop. Finding the inactivity of the small town to be way too stagnant, she practically jumped at the chance to speak with any out-of-towners, and even made a point of going on day trips to nearby cities on her days off. This paid off within a few months, as she managed to get recommended to a position as a clerical worker at a mechanic shop in Griffin, CA - not necessarily her ideal job, but a whole lot closer than selling coats and window curtains.

Over time, Rachel found a sort of niche for herself in Griffin, becoming a regular part of the the maintenance work at the shop and even becoming a local at one of the bars. Able to make a somewhat comfortable living out of an apartment just a few blocks away from Ascot Lake, she was every bit settled within the year. Events have since conspired to uproot her situation, primarily those involving Demons and the Order (as detailed below). Her job has become a somewhat impractical to balance with the duties of a Demon hunter, but she has since come to grasp many of the intricacies of hunting as a skill and career. Admittedly, Rachel is still a bit short of fully adept at the profession, having not been born into a Hunter family, but has come enough into her own that she is now fully capable of taking on solo work as a Hunter.

First Demon Slain

Rachel ran across and subsequently killed her first demon entirely unintentionally - a plantlike demon which she did not even have the chance to properly confront. Its body, comprised of tightly-woven olive vines, vaguely resembled a four-foot-tall, top-heavy human with a thin coat of foliage over its back. Its head, stout and squared off, had a massive jaw and underbite, and its arms grew steadily thicker towards its three-fingered hands, mimicking those of an ape. It seemed to be able to grow its limbs and draw strength from the earth, judging by how it was found with its thick knuckles buried in the soil at its feet.

RP Sample

Spoiler:

Miscellaneous

- Heavy smoker.
- Prefers larger, hefty weapons.
- Mildly allergic to cats.
- Avid motorcyclist.

Last edited:

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
my god my rp sample is becoming quite monstrous in length. i'm also more or less done with my su. i rushed the end of it a little i'd say :s

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
NAME: Taylor Jackson
DATE OF BIRTH: 18/04/1991, 23 years old
HUNTER CLASS: Ghost/Arbitores
AFFINITY: Ignus

APPEARANCE:

Ignatii:
Spoiler:

Decayed:
Spoiler:

HISTORY: Taylor didn't just know about Gehenna from an early age, he was practically raised in the life. Born in the small town of Livingston, Tennessee, Taylor came from a family of independent demon hunters. In fact, there were three major families in the area that regularly paired up to take down demons whenever one appeared in the greater Tennesse area, southern Kentucky, and occasionally Arkansas and Mississippi. These families included his own (the Jacksons), the Cunninghams, and the Cooks. The Cunningham Family usually kept to southern Tennessee and Arkansas, while the Cooks lived across the street from Taylor's family. They all got along reasonably well, though some long-term rivalries do exist between the three families. However, whenever a powerful demon rolled into town, the families typically put aside their differences and worked together.

They did so against a few powerful demons, including one by the name of Mors Ignus, who had earned his reputation by murdering three members of the Cook family, and Taylor's uncle, his father's brother. Mors Ignus proved to be a powerful demon, and managed to survive and escape his first encounter with the three families. Taylor regretted being unable to help in the fight, being only four at the time.

Taylor's parents taught him and his four siblings, Elizabeth, Ellis, Cooper, and John, everything they knew about demon hunting, from the ancient history, to the different organizations that hunt it, to every skill they were taught themselves. Most importantly, they taught them how to kill demons. Taylor's dad was once a member of an organization that used to hunt demons, though he left it long ago. He never mentioned which one it was, nor the reason why he decided to leave. However, when he did, he took much of what he learned with him, and taught it to his wife and boys. As his father always put it,"it's our problem that we know, to kill for the poor fools that don't". Taylor figured it was his way of saying that they had a responsibility to protect those who couldn't protect themselves, in so many words. He always adhered to that philosophy, feeling himself obligated to help whenever he could.

Though they were trained daily, his dad never took him or his siblings on any hunts with the other family members until they were old enough. being the second from the youngest, Taylor waited his turn as his older sister and brother, Elizabeth and Ellis, had the first crack at it. It was around the time Taylor was nine years old that the demon Mors Ignus returned a second time, this time to South Kentucky. Taylor begged to come along on the journey to slay the powerful demon, but his father was against it. Instead, Taylor's dad brought along his wife, Ellis, and Elizabeth. Four members of the Cooks and five of the Cunninghams also came along for the hunt. The families were gone for two entire weeks. By the end of it, Taylor was beginning to worry that they would never return. He began to fear the worst, that his family had all perished leaving him alone with his younger brother Cooper, and older one John.

However, they eventually returned, though with heavy casualties. The Cooks and Cunninghams each lost two of their family members, and Taylor lost his older brother Ellis. The families were devastated, especially when it was revealed that Mors Ignus had once again escaped death, though just barely. The families mourned together, with all three staying together for the grieving process for over a month. During that time, Taylor had gotten close to a few members of the Cunninghams, who also had some among them who were trained demon hunters. He convinced the patriarch of the family, Jeremiah, to teach him his specialty skill, the ability of the Arbitores, the Ghost. Taylor began from then on to practice on minor demons summoned by Summoners in the families. Taylor's dad didn't like the idea of his son going that route with his demon hunting, especially because of the mental and physical toll it caused whenever he used the ability. But Taylor had a special knack for it, utilizing a keychain he carried around to fuel his ability.

The Mors Ignus returned a third time three years later, in Mississippi. Fueled by the determination to protect people, and some by revenge, the three families once more headed to end the demon permanently. This time, John joined the hunt, though Taylor was once again barred from it in order to watch his younger brother Cooper. Taylor was fuming in those days, feeling enraged that he too did not get his chance to avenge his brother's dead. His father was quick to yell back at him that despite the other families' motivations, theirs wasn't about revenge. It was about ridding the world of evil. And only those who were ready to do it should do it. "It's our problem that we know, to kill for the poor fools that don't."

So once again Taylor was left to wait, and the families left. Three weeks had past before they finally did return. Once more, each family had lost members. The Cooks lost one more, and the Cunninghams lost two, including Jeremiah who had been teaching Taylor. The Jacksons had the worst of it this time. On that hunt, Taylor had lost both his older brother John, and his mother. And the worst part was, Mors Ignus survived.

The families were devastated. From then on, many of them had turned from the idea of hunting the powerful demon. Taylor's father gave up the life of demon hunting for good, as he wished never to have to deal with the pain of burying a member of his clan ever again. But Taylor, Elizabeth and Cooper, were unfulfilled. They continued to train and prepare for more demons, with Elizabeth taking the reigns of training on the Jackson side of the family. Taylor also trained with the sons and daughters of the Cooks and Cunninghams as well. They all continued on the road of demon hunting for many years. For some, it was personal. For others, they truly believed that what they did helped the world. Taylor in many cases was on the border of things. He wanted to believe, to adhere to his father's philosophy, but he also wanted more than anything to see Mors Ignus die.

Years passed, and there was no sign of the Mors Ignus. What started as a burning rage to see the demon die passed for many, including Taylor. Instead of wishing to see him dead, he began to believe in a greater philosophy of seeing others live. His dad was never the same, though he too began to recover over time, including occasionally helping with training. He still never again decided to hunt. By the time Taylor was 19, he considered himself a full-fledged demon hunter, despite having not taken his first life yet. Things were pretty quite during that time, but he knew that should one ever come, he would be ready.

And not too long after, not ten miles away from home, Mors Ignus returned.

Spoiler:

With the help from his siblings, the Cooks and the Cunninghams, Taylor finally brought closure to the families and peace to the area by killing Mors Ignus. Though it was a deadly battle, with Taylor seeing flesh being burned off people's limbs and faces, Taylor managed to defeat the demon by stabbing it in the back while in the form of another demon he was controlling, courtesy of a nearby summoner. It had been his first demon, and he quickly began to feel the effects of the Decay set in. Being a Ghost who primarily utilized urere and ignus-based demons as his base from there on out, his appearance to those with the sight appeared as if he was a demon with slowly rotting, burning flesh as well, mimicking part of the Mors Ignus, as well as the other demons he began to possess.

That began to takes its toll, with Taylor experiencing frequent headaches and a tendency for unusually angry outbursts, despite his best intentions for the world at large. He occasionally falls to mental instability in recency because of this as well, to the point where he may lash out at some people that only get him moderately angry.

Recently, having found closure with the death of Mors Ignus, Taylor found himself with an invitation to join the Order of the Morning Star. Seeing the potential to help the world, Taylor eagerly accepted.

FIRST DEMON SLAYED:

Spoiler:

Known as the Mors Ignus, or Fire Death by the locals of Livingston, Tennessee. Mors Ignus was a powerful demon responsible for the deaths of over two dozen people over the span of twenty years in Northern Tennessee. It was an ignus-class demon, with the ability to burn anything it touches, as well as shoot molten-hot flames from its mouth.

RP SAMPLE: Check history section spoiler

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
SV, Taylor is accepted!!! <: i like his beard, and our first Ghost too. His decay looks pretty frightening too. Love it!!

Anarchit3ct, currently reading yours. EDIT: cool! the gaia avatar made me cringe a little (oh the days) and the red on black was really hard to read but i got through it in the end. just as long as you remember as an aria that chants and death verses are lengthy and take more than a few seconds to recite. sometimes a demon's death verse can be paragraphs long! but anyways, youre accepted.

EDIT2: also, finished my own. check rose out!

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
-gasp- This reminds me of Shin Megami Tensei! This will be my placeholder:

NAME: (include any nicknames)
DATE OF BIRTH: (dd/mm/yyyy, usually over the age of 18 but there has been cases of younger hunters)
HUNTER CLASS: (one of the seven above, or if your character hasn't decided, you can just put Zero)
AFFINITY: (natural element (see elements in the terminology) affinity. if none or unknown, just put n/a)

APPEARANCE: (either written or a decent, full body image or both. if your character has suffered decay, make sure to include both normal (ignatii) appearance and decayed (vera or true) appearance)
HISTORY: (make it as long as you desire. what i want most of of this is how your character was introduced to demon hunting and how they found their way into the order)

FIRST DEMON SLAYED: (simply describe what kind of demon. include pictures if you want. however it is possible to join the Order of the Morning Star and not have killed a demon, therefore not have suffered any Decay if you are a skilled hunter who has something else kill for you. it is common for summoners or hunters who were brought into hunting by a friend of family member to not have been inflicted)

RP SAMPLE: (please provide a sufficient sample, describing either the first time your character encountered a demon and killed it, therefore forcing the Decay on themselves, or perhaps how they found their way into the Order of the Morning Star. something that will describe their personality well)
MISCELLANEOUS: (anything extra worth mentioning)

Back