• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Strange items in X / Y?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Well actually X was easy to beat people will want a game that's a challenge Emerald was the hardest Pokemon game made so if this one is made even harder with all the new stuff then it should sell better than Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. I will definitely be getting it Emerald was my favorite!
    Remake history suggests otherwise. However, we have a big announcement tomorrow. Maybe it's to announce that they are doing Z and DE as a dual release?

No, that would be too good to be true...

zigazav

Fanfiction writer inactive
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2017
    I subscribe to the theory that we'll find out about them when Zygarde becomes the feature mascot of a third game.
    Right. Pokemon Z HAS to happen sometime after the remakes are made! Every time a remake Pokemon game has happened, there was a 3rd version to go with the two games released before the remakes, but in the same gen. Example: Emerald. Was only released AFTER the remakes of 1st gen was made! Platinum: Was made in the same Gen HeartGold & SoulSilver (you know what those are a remake of), and Diamond and Pearl was released. We only got sequals for 5th gen instead of a 3rd version, because 1. It was released on the same system Generation 4 was on, and 2. was released without a remake to happen. Judging by GameFREAK's patterns of how and when they release their Pokemon games, I've come to the conclusion we will get a Pokemon Z after ORAS is released. It may take awhile, but I can see it truely happening. Also, we know about Yveltal and Xerneas, but we know almost NOTHING for a true fact about Zygarde!

I have this theory I made-up though: Zygarde's job was to protect the ecosystem, when Yveltal tried to destroy everything, sucking the life out of every living thing! Zygarde did it's best to try to stop Yveltal from doing that, but with the power of "The Ultimate Weapon" having been fired, it could do nothing to stop it, due to the power being too strong for it to handle. And so, it hid in the cave you find it in, keeping watch of the ecosystem from it being below in that cave. Should the ecosystem be threatened ever again, it will rise-up, and stop it from ever happening again. Because you stopped Team Flare from using Yveltal for utter destruction from them using the Ultimate Weapon (Which would kill every Pokemon on the planet if it had worked), Zygarde had no reason to rise-up, and use it's Aura Break Ability to destroy the weapon from within! Zygarde would been able to stop it in time this time, as it had seen it been fired-off once before. So it would have seen it coming!

I imagine that if Pokemon Z DOES come, the weapon would have been closer to firing-off, and you would need Zygarde this time to stop it (ala, Pokemon Emerald's Groudon VS Kyogre's battle needing to be stopped by getting Rayquaza's help, using it's ability to cancel weather effects. At least, that's what I think happens, I've never played the game, ya see?) by using Zygarde's Aura Break. Also, they may pull-off a Black & White 2's style of getting the 3rd Legendary, and make you wait till you defeat the Elite Four and Champion, before you can get Zygarde. Well, that's all. Hope I didn't make any spelling errors and/or any other errors. Sorry this is a long post guys...

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Remake history suggests otherwise. However, we have a big announcement tomorrow. Maybe it's to announce that they are doing Z and DE as a dual release?

No, that would be too good to be true...

DE is short fire Delta Emerald right?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I haven't really hung around the GTS, so no idea. I got a Shiny Growlithe via WT however, and a Shiny Solosis too!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Guys, this is starting to get really off-topic. Let's not do that, m'kay?

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
    Years
  • From what I remember, all of those items have been in every games code since they were introduced. I'm pretty sure the Apricorn balls/Shoal Salt and items similar to those were in the code of BW/BW2 even though there was no possible way to obtain them.

The one thing I find pretty interesting is the Urge and Intensity items, I don't remember ever seeing anything about them before. Could be a nice addition to the games.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    From what I remember, all of those items have been in every games code since they were introduced. I'm pretty sure the Apricorn balls/Shoal Salt and items similar to those were in the code of BW/BW2 even though there was no possible way to obtain them.

The one thing I find pretty interesting is the Urge and Intensity items, I don't remember ever seeing anything about them before. Could be a nice addition to the games.

Speaking of which, were they able to figure out what those items were actually for?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    The Apricorns Balls were in the code for one main reason: to allow Pokémon caught in those Balls to display as being in those Balls.

There is no other useable reason. The Balls could not be used IIRC.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Speaking of which, were they able to figure out what those items were actually for?

No clue, honestly. I really hope they're implemented into ORAS so we can finally figure out what they are though!

According to the OP:
    'Urge' Items:
    Ability Urge - activates the ability of an Ally Pokemon
    Item Drop - Allied pokemon drops held item
    Item Urge - Allied pokemon Uses held item
    Reset Urge - restores any stat changes of an allied pokemon
    That's what those items do. I'd imagine that at least some of the items in the OP will be in ORAS. Particularly since it also lists Contest-related scarves. It seems we'll also be getting all the typed gems back in ORAS too.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    According to the OP:

That's what those items do. I'd imagine that at least some of the items in the OP will be in ORAS. Particularly since it also lists Contest-related scarves. It seems we'll also be getting all the typed gems back in ORAS too.

Ah, right; can't believe I missed those, haha. From the looks of it, they don't seem very helpful, sadly. Though, I could be proven wrong!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Ah, right; can't believe I missed those, haha. From the looks of it, they don't seem very helpful, sadly. Though, I could be proven wrong!
    Find an opponent with Leftovers? Item drop, then use something like Thief. No more Leftovers, and you get them.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    They only affect allied Pokémon, though, and not opponents.
    No, I'm talking about a situation where the Thief user (your Pokémon) is made to drop its item. Therefore, it's an allied Pokémon.

ReiXMinako

緑な美奈子
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    Weren't items like Ability Urge, etc. used with the Wonder Launcher back in B/W and B2/W2?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Weren't items like Ability Urge, etc. used with the Wonder Launcher back in B/W and B2/W2?
    Holy crap they were: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ability_Urge#Ability_Urge

I never knew that, probably because I never used the Wonder Launcher.

So that means that all the items in the OP's list are items from past games (except the Fairy Gem and maybe those Contest scarves). Dunno if they'll appear in ORAS or not, since they tend to just keep all the items in the coding regardless of if they get used, right?

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • Just to confirm, the balls seem legit - I just caught a Pidgey in a Safari Ball and Wonder Traded it successfully! All other balls seem to show in the battle window too, can only assume they're usable.

Mails cannot be written on, and you can't Wonder Trade a pokemon holding them.

I've also noticed a couple of other items (String of Pearls, among others - there's one item I have forgotten the name of that the description says "Holds the power of the Unova Region" I might have to go to that garden place with Zekrom / Reshiram etc. statues and see if it reacts?!

Back