• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Strange items in X / Y?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Ooh, that item seems really interesting. Do tell if something happens (and what the items are called exactly).

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • 'Pass Orb: A mysterious orb containing the power of the Unova region, to be used when generating Pass Power'

Where's the garden place again? While since I played through.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    'Pass Orb: A mysterious orb containing the power of the Unova region, to be used when generating Pass Power'

Where's the garden place again? While since I played through.
    Ah crap, Pass Orb? I thought it was gonna be the Light/Dark Stone.....

Pass Orbs were just something needed to use Pass Powers, which was Gen 5's version of O-Powers.

And the Zekrom/Reshiram statues are in Parfum Palace, which is to the northwest of Camphrier Town. Route 6 leads up to it.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Hopefully the unused items will play a role in ORAS, or any future Gen VI game(s) i.e Pokémon Z. I'd like to see how the Travel Trunk is used.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Just to confirm, the balls seem legit - I just caught a Pidgey in a Safari Ball and Wonder Traded it successfully! All other balls seem to show in the battle window too, can only assume they're usable.
    Just a comment. Wonder trading something in a hacked item is not a good policy. Rather than Wonder Trade, testing putting it into Bank would be a better policy, or trading with a friend who knows you caught it with a hacked Ball (for testing). Now someone else has a Safari Ball Pidgey caught in Kalos and will be wondering how to get one.

That said, the fact that Safari Balls are useable IS interesting...but I would not advise trading anything you catch with them.

So maybe Kurt moved to Hoenn and Apricorns appear somehow. That's interesting.

Mails cannot be written on, and you can't Wonder Trade a pokemon holding them.
    But they might be useable in OR/AS. The fact you can't trade Pokémon holding them suggests, if used at all, they will be exclusive to OR/AS (and maybe Z). They will likely remain banned from WT so they don't inadvertently go to X/Y (unless an update is released later allowing it).

I've also noticed a couple of other items (String of Pearls, among others - there's one item I have forgotten the name of that the description says "Holds the power of the Unova Region" I might have to go to that garden place with Zekrom / Reshiram etc. statues and see if it reacts?!
    Let us know, but remember, don't trade anything you catch with hacked items.

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    Just a comment. Wonder trading something in a hacked item is not a good policy. Rather than Wonder Trade, testing putting it into Bank would be a better policy, or trading with a friend who knows you caught it with a hacked Ball (for testing). Now someone else has a Safari Ball Pidgey caught in Kalos and will be wondering how to get one.

That said, the fact that Safari Balls are useable IS interesting...but I would not advise trading anything you catch with them.

So maybe Kurt moved to Hoenn and Apricorns appear somehow. That's interesting.

But they might be useable in OR/AS. The fact you can't trade Pokémon holding them suggests, if used at all, they will be exclusive to OR/AS (and maybe Z). They will likely remain banned from WT so they don't inadvertently go to X/Y (unless an update is released later allowing it).
    Let us know, but remember, don't trade anything you catch with hacked items.

Kurt loves moving to Hoenn doesn't he? Cyc whats up withya and Kurt moving to Hoenn. xD
    Cyclone how do you do serious jokes without a emoticon or a '!' I really hope he sends one of his workers to Hoenn and we get Apricons and Berry trees :D

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Kurt loves moving to Hoenn doesn't he? Cyc whats up withya and Kurt moving to Hoenn. xD
    Cyclone how do you do serious jokes without a emoticon or a '!' I really hope he sends one of his workers to Hoenn and we get Apricons and Berry trees :D
    It takes talent to make them serious jokes. ^^

Apparently Apricorns can only grow in Johto, being a climate thing, so I doubt we'll get trees. But you never know. Maybe they found some way to grow them in Hoenn, or as you said they are random gifts (from some Johto-themed in-game thing, or from a battle house using only Johto Pokémon) and Kurt trained someone (maybe in the same house!) we don't know yet in their manufacture. Who knows?

Back