• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Strange Things in Pokemon

Years
    Post any mind-blowing stuff about Pokemon here.

In R/B, when you go to the tower in Lavender Town, your rival asks you if any of your Pokemon have died.

He no longer has Raticate.

Jesse and James are the Rocket Executives. I guess they got their act together.

Trapinch------->Vibrava------->Flygon
    Bagon------->Shelgon------->Salamence

Bagon------->Shelgon------->Flygon

Bagon dream to one day fly
    Shelgon is the "cocoon" stage
    Salamence should be Flygon, as Bagon wish to one day fly so it has fly in it's name along with the continuing pattern of having "gon"

Gengar is Clefairy's shadow.

https://i47.tinypic.com/2n70faa.jpg
    (strong language in this one)

https://i50.tinypic.com/25a0ns8.png

And the finale:

The Pokémon are mutated versions of Earth's species, which originated as the Pokérus virus. Creatures with the Pokérus grow and evolve more quickly. When the original comet with the Pokérus virus on it hit Earth, it already had Pokémon forms from other planets upon it (such as Clefairy and Deoxys).

It is said that Ditto is the Pokérus in a pure, sentient form. Mew may be related to this form, but in a more advanced evolution and even fused with another primitive Pokémon species.

In the present day, most of Earth's earlier life forms have been replaced entirely by Pokémon versions except for some birds, fish, and humans. Some say humans are already being infected by the Pokérus virus, hence the phenomenon of children gaining the mental capacity of adults and reaching sexual maturity as early as 10.

The destructive nature of the Pokérus virus is what caused the previous planet it was upon to be destroyed due to the power Pokémon process. Many of the god-like Pokémon (so-called "legendaries") that exist today survived the last planet's destruction, and possibly several other planets before that one's, by using their various powers to manipulate time and/or space, even traveling between dimensions.

Pokémon are already at a state so dangerous that they can destroy entire cities and landscapes. (This explains the rudimentary scale of most cities and towns, as well as the lack of roads and highways.) Some work on a smaller scale, kidnapping children or devouring individuals' souls. It is only inevitable that people having sex with Gardevoirs and Lucarios will spawn a human-Pokémon species that will entirely wipe out the human population.

The Pokérus virus will be the inevitable end of all life on earth as it spreads. The Pokerus caused things to mutate extremely quickly, so Missingno's just a freakish extreme case. Most of these sort of species would die out quickly due to natural selection, but for some reason the Cinnabar coast is a sustainable habitat for them.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Sorry, but the last part is wrong. Mars is actually the mother, not Lorelei. Roark and Silver have really similar haircuts, especially when compared to Mars. Hell, if you give Silver his helmet and glasses, they actually look related.
    Also, Mars just doesn't seem to be a teenager to me. She seems much too old to play that role.

Do you know what's weird though? Crobat doesn't have a footprint, even though his back sprite clearly has feet in R/S/E.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    The only thing that recently blew my mind, was how decent the E-4 in Platinum was. I was like "Woah.. I guess I will have to actually put a little effort in!" I had 2 crappy HM slaves on my team, and payed the price for my presumptions:S

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    xDDD haha that family tree had me cracking up

Where does Clair come up in this lineage picture? She is Lance's cousin, after all.

:O yeah I was wondering the same thing too, the blue dragon master deserves a spot on the family tree :]

Last edited:
    Years
    xDDD haha that family tree had me cracking up

:O yeah I was wondering the same thing too, the blue dragon master deserves a spot on the family tree :]

Yeah, you're right. Maybe she and Falkner are siblings. I'm not too good with this family stuff. So Lance would have to have another aunt / uncle?

Oh, I got another one.

Mareep is a yellow sheep.

Mareep backwards is pee ram.

Now what colour is pee? Exactly.

Last edited:

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I can't see the first picture. (the one with strong language)

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    The only pictures I don't clearify in my head are the Palkia picture, the Cubone / Kangkhakan picture, and the family tree theory. I don't really believe that the Elite Four leaders/champions/evil people marry Pokemon gym leaders and had Pokemon gym leaders.

BenEary

Little Rabbit
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    The dead Raticate theory is one I've debated before. I've come to the conclusion that it isn't dead. Before you battle Blue, he also says he had just caught a Cubone, and yet that's not in his party either.

Years
    The Cubone thing actually makes a lot of sense. Cubone is known as the "lonely pokemon" and they always keep their face hidden under the skull. Perhaps all Cubone are abandoned Kangashkan babies and they are ashamed of their lineage so they don't show their face ever again, eventually growing into Marowaks. The anti-pouch could be like another Salamence-type thing, all the strong emotion made them never want to have offspring, so it caused the pouch to be removed.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Oh, I got another one.

Mareep is a yellow sheep.

Mareep backwards is pee ram.

Now what colour is pee? Exactly.

Omg... By far the most astute observation thus far:p Why hasn't all of the "tree" professors come up yet? I guess that one isn't to mind blowing:)

LMPVIII

Now accepting B/W battles
    Years
    • Age 31
    • NY
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    how about the fact that ib RSE your character arrives in a truck from johto, yet hoenn is surrounded by water!?

Years
    The dead Raticate theory is one I've debated before. I've come to the conclusion that it isn't dead. Before you battle Blue, he also says he had just caught a Cubone, and yet that's not in his party either.

On the S.S. Anne he says he has over 40 Pokemon, but he only uses 4.

Oh well, I'm not really into debates. I just noticed it and thought it was suspicious. It can't really be proven either way.

Back