• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Striaton City Garden

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    To the left of Striaton City, there's a garden, featuring a fountain and a few ponds where you can find Pokemon, yet there's a lot of hedges... but no grass! When I first visited there, I honestly expected to see grass there, since well, shouldn't Pokemon naturally be in gardens? And even so, they could've made apart of Route 3 and expanded it a little if they didn't want players to find wild Pokemon in Striaton.

And even so, it's kinda random just to have a garden there that... doesn't really do anything, and it doesn't have a point too cause then you can't even get Basculin, and by the time you have surf you could surf anywhere else.

Did anyone else expect the garden to be a little different based on well, first seeing it, either through screenshots or gameplay? :( Cause each time I go there... I keep wanting to walk into the hedges tbh. Really disappointing I can't!

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
    Years
    To the left of Striaton City, there's a garden, featuring a fountain and a few ponds where you can find Pokemon, yet there's a lot of hedges... but no grass! When I first visited there, I honestly expected to see grass there, since well, shouldn't Pokemon naturally be in gardens? And even so, they could've made apart of Route 3 and expanded it a little if they didn't want players to find wild Pokemon in Striaton.

And even so, it's kinda random just to have a garden there that... doesn't really do anything, and it doesn't have a point too cause then you can't even get Basculin, and by the time you have surf you could surf anywhere else.

Did anyone else expect the garden to be a little different based on well, first seeing it, either through screenshots or gameplay? :( Cause each time I go there... I keep wanting to walk into the hedges tbh. Really disappointing I can't!

just scenery, I think there are hidden items there though

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    [16:19] <Zeffy> naturally
    [16:19] <Zeffy> if there were Pokemon in the garden
    [16:19] <Zeffy> most of them would be trained
    [16:19] <Zeffy> and some
    [16:19] <Zeffy> would be like butterflies
    [16:19] <Zeffy> and moths
    [16:19] <Zeffy> and galvantulas

So, in conclusion: I don't care about it tbh. If they put wild Pokemon there, then good. If they didn't, then that's just fine with me.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    [5:46pm] Zekrom: would've you liked to see wild pkmn there
    [5:47pm] Vaporeon7: I'd imagine Seed bby and cherrim
    [5:47pm] Zekrom: WOULDVE YOU LIKED TO SEE WILD POKMN THERE
    [5:47pm] Zekrom:
    [5:47pm] Zeffy: Doesn't bother me that much tbh
    [5:47pm] Vaporeon7: YES!!!
    [5:47pm] Zekrom: Kay
    [5:47pm] Zeffy: NO!!
    [5:47pm] Zekrom: i'll post then

So yes for me~!

Don't worry Nica I do a proper response later.

Last edited:

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    To be honest the thing that annoyed me the most about this garden is the fact that the hedges are shaped like Pikachu, a species that's not supposed to be native to Unova in any way.

How did they know what it looked like? And even then, why not pick any pokemon over it, for instance say, the elemental cooking monkeys, seeing as those should be far more well-known as they are the gym leader's pokemon, making them more suited for being a "mascot" or something for the Striatron City Garden. Hrmf, silly buggers.

BUT NO WORRIES I'M ALSO DISAPPOINTED BY THE LACK OF GRASS

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    [21:02] MW: There was a garden in Striaton City?
    [21:03] MW: just btw

Yeah, that garden is so forgettable. There's nothing there; I just keep going through it while hatching eggs and I ignore it. No Pokemon, no nothing . . .

I think it'd be a good place for a possible Keldeo event, though? It's pretty and kind of seems special. That or Meloetta. Because otherwise, it's just decoration.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    Even though I can't remember seeing any pre-release pictures of the garden near Striaton City, what I read about after the games were released in Japan led me to believe the garden would be similar to the likes of the National Park in Johto (without the Bug Catching Contest of course). I was even hoping for something like a fishing contest. I imagined the garden would have contained Pokemon like Seed bby/Cotton bby, Sewaddle, Pidove, Minccino and while surfing Pokemon like Ducklett and Tympole. After the E4 the Fishing contest would be available you could catch Pokemon like Goldeen, Barboach, Krabby, etc. And then Pokemon like Cherrim and Sunkern. All in all I would've liked there to be more in the garden then Basculin and Goldeen. I also would've wanted the garden to be a bit bigger as well.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I like it, mainly because it's a really pretty area added for Striaton. The city is short enough, without the little garden area I think it wouldn't be as interesting. Plus, although you could surf elsewhere, it's a good place to EV train in speed for low-leveled Pokémon, so at least it serves some purpose.

Though it would be cool to have some addition of grass.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    When I seen the screenshots, I was actually quite intrigued to see the area, but once I got there it was somewhat underwhelming and random, to be perfectly honest. It's one of the less thought out parts of the Unova region, in my opinion, I kind of expected a little more. Though the scenery is pretty great, I love the water tiles. Not to mention, that for a garden, it's not very well laid out and tidy. There's just random hedges thrown everywhere, and the ponds (which seem man made I suppose), aren't as organized as I assumed they would be, for a garden.

Though in saying that, the tiles are pretty stunning, but I just feel that the general mapping and layout of the area was pretty off, they shouldn't have called it a garden if it was, well, not really anything like a garden should look, for such a tidy city.

Years
    Eh, it doesn't really bother me that there is no grass there. It's just there for scenery purposes, it's nice.

Years
    I don't mind either way.
    However, the Pikachu shaped bushes (just like the big Pikachu in Nimbasa amusement park) ruin the whole 'Unova is isolated' feel of the first playthrough.

-totodile42

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2011
    I'm just amazed how far you can travel without having to go into any grass or anything what so ever. You can travel from the Second city though white forest only crossing maybe 15 squares of desert.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    The above describes part of my feelings.

At least it added more to Striaton City. But boy I wish whoever noticed it was Pikachu-shaped hadn't pointed that out...it's just going to annoy me now.

Sure it's kinda disappointing that you can't get any decent pokémon there, and overall it seems to be utterly pointless, but then again, it's nice to look at, and has decent music, so really it's not bad is it?

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I think it's just decoration. I think it's pretty lame myself. I agree with MW's view that it could be the site of some kind of event, but it looks too boring for that. XDD It doesn't seem to have any interactable objects which could trigger some kind of event of any sort, so I'm with everyone else that it's just there to look pretty.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    What garden? There was a garden there? SERIOUSLY?!?!? And after I just lent out my version of White to a friend Ahhn~. Ill check it next week *shrugs* anyway, didnt know there was a garden until you said something..>_<.

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
    Years
    v Striaton City map v
    Spoiler:

And bam. There's the garden to the left. It felt nice, primp and neat. The best part of it was the Basculin training for Speed EVs, since it was nearby the Pokémon Center and all.

Nice, relaxing place that fit the Striaton mood, for me, especially realizing how it's a good portion of the city. Yeah, maybe they could have done some more with it...I enjoyed finding the hidden items though, hehe.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    the park was a nice peace of scenery. but thats about it.
    i though it was gonna have a few more Pokemon or something. :/

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    v Striaton City map v
    Spoiler:

And bam. There's the garden to the left. It felt nice, primp and neat. The best part of it was the Basculin training for Speed EVs, since it was nearby the Pokémon Center and all.

Nice, relaxing place that fit the Striaton mood, for me, especially realizing how it's a good portion of the city. Yeah, maybe they could have done some more with it...I enjoyed finding the hidden items though, hehe.

Oh? I thought its not part of Stration City :O

I completely believed that its not a garden. And yeah I only go there for some basculin training when time comes that my pokemon outleveled the basculins in route 1.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I was expecting Dragonspiral Tower to be accessible before taking on Brycen, but when I got there before that, it was blocked. I also expected it to be more spacious, but it was a bit cramped.

Back