• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Strongest normal type pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    as title says whats the strongest normal type pokemon atm i think its lopunny mine can nearly 1 hit ko with return

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Adamant Ursaring@Silk Scarf, Guts ability, poisoned, and then use Facade. ;)

Though Choice Band is probably a better.... choice than Silk Scarf.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I was going to say either Slaking or Porygon-Z, however the poster above beat me to it. I also think Togekiss comes under the normal type category so I'll nominate it as well.

Ayselipera

Well as said before they would be Slaking and Porygon-Z. Seeing as though Slaking's Traunt ability is very annoying if you're the one using it and I hate to count legendaries (Regigigas) that brings the list down to Ursaring for a physical hitter. Also if you have an Ursaring with the ability Guts and attach a status inflicting item on it like Toxic Orb it's attack raises 1.5 times.

To be honest though I've gotten around just fine with Clefable and Wigglytuff. Who are much farther down the list. Although with the new Pokemon introduced I think Wigglytuff may have been bumped off. :(

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Ok so these aren't particularly strong but they were always the ones that i used. Clefable as it is versatile, Snorlax as it is a tank, Linoone because it was cool, Skitty because it's cuteness and Regigigas because it's a monster.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • By BST, it'd have to be Arceus easily, followed closely by Slaking and Regigigas. However, since Arceus does better with plates and Slaking and Regigigas are crippled, I'd vote for Snorlax on Offense and Blissey on defense. :D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • By default, Arceus. It's go the moves and the stats to do that. Porygon-Z would be a good candidate as well.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Personally, I dont count Arceus since it is a legendary Pokémon and it is said to create the Pokémon world. I'm sure there are other non-super Pokémon that people can think of which fills the criteria of the strongest normal type.

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
  • I always thought snorlax would be the strongest, but then again he is more of a wall/defensive. I would have to go with slaking xD

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Besides Arceus, I think either Blissey or Snorlax are the strongest, because of their defense.

Bear

Fascist baby.
    Years
  • Depends entirely one how you intend to use it. You need a strategy to maximise the Pokemon's potential.

For instance, I use a Clefable with Magic Guard, holding Toxic Orb and that knows Facade. This way it does not receive damage from being poisoned, it's protected from any other stat condition and Facade's power is doubled. Job done.

Micro SD

HubbaBubba
    Years
  • It's probably between something like Blissey, Snorlax, and Slaking. Blissey because of it's stamina, Snorlax because of it's defense, or Slaking because of it's strength.

Back