• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestions for the anime series

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2018
    Since there is already a thread running about ideas for the anime serie, I'm going to merge the threads together.
    What do you mean, by saying "Since there is already a thread running about ideas for the anime serie, I'm going to merge the threads together."

Years
    What do you mean, by saying "Since there is already a thread running about ideas for the anime serie, I'm going to merge the threads together."

You already had a thread about your obsession with the words 'coup d'état', so he went ahead and merged the main thread with the one where you just spouted a random idea with little-to-no exposition - an idea that could easily have gone in the original thread.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2018
    The Bounty Hunter topic is realted to this topic as well, why not he merge those two threads together, and if he has to move it to the "Pokémon Fan Fiction & Poetry" section.

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years

In a previous post you said:
    It's an idea for the Pokemon series.
    But there is already a thread about an topic "ideas for the Pokemon series". So i've put them together.

The Bounty Hunter topic is realted to this topic as well, why not he merge those two threads together, and if he has to move it to the "Pokémon Fan Fiction & Poetry" section.

The Bounty Hunter topic is currently not active. If it becomes active again, I'll merge it too. If you plan on writing a fanfic then you posted in the wrong section.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2018
    If you want it to be in the anime, why are you suggesting for it to be moved to PFFP? Fine, make this into a fanfic if you want but don't make a fanfic and go on about how you're going to get it into the anime.
    I thought I would get more replies about my ideas if it's in that section:disappoin?

If you plan on writing a fanfic then you posted in the wrong section.
    And if I'm planing on having my ideas sent to OLM, Inc.
    , then I posted it in the right section, correct?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    And if I'm planing on having my ideas sent to OLM, Inc., then I posted it in the right section, correct?

It'll go in the trash.

Why would they use random Internet fan (who doesn't grasp the characterization of any Pokemon character, so far) when they have employees who write for them?

Also, it's illegal to accept fan ideas because the fan owns the copyright on the story. Otherwise you could sue for a massive "consulting" fee.

But since your ideas are horrible anyway, I don't think you have to worry about anyone in the Pokemon franchise that'll consider using them.

It'll go in the trash.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Is there a way to make my ideas sound not so horrible?

Try actually watching the anime and learning what it's about. Currently, your ideas consist of characterizations that completely miss either the point of Pokemon altogether, or miss the characterization of said character. If you watch the anime, then try to write the characters IN CHARACTER, then maybe you can go to the fanfic forum.

But if you have no intention of writing the characters in character, then I suggest you just write your own fictional story that has nothing to do with Pokemon. Because that's basically what you're doing.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Seriously now? Just cause of one fan site that Pokemon wasn't always a kids' show? Wow. Once a kid show always a kid show. Same thing if it was aimed at teens. Once a teen show always a teen show. They never downgrade anything like that. Ever.

Last edited:

Jmath

*blank*
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2011
    Actually, Pokemopolis doesn't literally mean "not for kids". It's just a matter of looking at the show in a different way. (man, you should read the read the episode guides in the site. Even the most serious scenes can be made to appear hilarious)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Don't forget, that pokemon was not a kids show in the past, if your wondering where I got that idea I got it from here.

I was a kid when it first aired. It was a kids' show then. It's a kids' show now. Yes, there is some mild innuendo. But at best, it's very mild. But most of the time, it's just imagined by fans and put there. Other times, the innuendo is dub-only or a bad translation.

It even says, right there, that Pokemon is marketed for children under 13.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2018
    I was a kid when it first aired. It was a kids' show then. It's a kids' show now. Yes, there is some mild innuendo. But at best, it's very mild. But most of the time, it's just imagined by fans and put there. Other times, the innuendo is dub-only or a bad translation.

It even says, right there, that Pokemon is marketed for children under 13.
    But, the Japanese version has to have been for people 13 or older.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    no, it wasn't. People think this because of things like James's boobies in "Beauty and the Beach" which was a-ok in japan, but banned here. That's just because they have different standards of what is "acceptable" for young kids to watch and imho, they've got it right. If I'd seen that when i was ten, I would have wet myself. In a good way.

But the point is - Pokemon is, always has been and always will be a kid's show. Therefore:

Main character death = EPIC PHAIL

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2018
    no, it wasn't. People think this because of things like James's boobies in "Beauty and the Beach" which was a-ok in japan, but banned here. That's just because they have different standards of what is "acceptable" for young kids to watch and imho, they've got it right. If I'd seen that when i was ten, I would have wet myself. In a good way.

But the point is - Pokemon is, always has been and always will be a kid's show. Therefore:

Main character death = EPIC PHAIL
    That goes the same with the what they say that's not for children.

Back