• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suicide

Have you ever thought of killing yourself?

• Yes

Votes: 32 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 27 45.0%
  • I'd prefer not to say

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
    Years
    Yes, I've thought about it. I get depressed like- twice a year, so then I get all kinds of these sad thoughts. I never really consider it, though. I'd kill whoever was making me want to before I would myself. xD

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    I heard about the guy killing himself over WoW. I felt somewhat bad for him.

And to answer the question; no. I would never think of killing myself. I mean, my life isn't perfect, and yes, I've had my moments where I've been extremely depressed, but there's so much to live for.

I really don't understand why people do it half the time, attention, maybe? At least, that's my view on it.

Years
    I really don't understand why people do it half the time, attention, maybe? At least, that's my view on it.

I don't actually think it's about attention. 'Cause if they wanted attention, they wouldn't commit suicide to die and not receive any attention after that.

But I do think it's because they want something they can't have. Like for instance, the kid on WoW, couldn't get into his guild. Maybe a guy had the love of his life, then divorced. Maybe they didn't get into the school they wanted to. I've heard many stories because of those types of incidents, (except the WoW one) and I'm pretty sure that's why. It could be attention too, but I don't see why they'd do it to not receive any after.

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    I got to admit, i did had a couple really depressing times in my life, maybe enough to feel like committing suicide, BUT like everyone else, i get over it, and try to think positive about my life, instead of focusing on the negative.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Ah..Damn..Thanks for bringing this up T_T

Yeah, there have been plenty of times in my life when I've thought about suicide. Want to know a secret about me? I'm an incredibly pessimistic person, and suffer from severe depression.

For some reason I just try to pile up everyone else's problems up on me; whenever I have a friend, or someone I know going through something, I always try to throw myself inbetween their feelings, trying to help them out in doing so, but always just end up making myself miserable.

Lately, I've just been able to get over how I've felt for some reason, and started focusing more on myself than other people. Through I'll I've been through at one time, I eventually just learned to deal with life, and the sh*t that happens, and work things out on my own without trying to let people get dragged into whatever's going on in my life =/

Usually when there's something I find miserable, I try to make it as humorous as possible to everyone I now, but I might still feel badly inside =/

In short, Yeah, thought about it alot before, planned it out, almost acting on attempting it, but by now I no longer have any of those feelings because I'm actually happy with my life, for once.

Crikeyapokemon

I'm just your avarage teen...
    Years
    Suicide?No...To run away?Yes...
    Well,to tell you the truth I'm not the social type,I want to have friends, but just I don't fit in anywhere.I don't have any friends in my street,just a few friends in school, but even they sometimes tease me.So one day I was tired of all that and really wanted to run way, but then I realized that I woud cause my family only pain.So now I don't think about running away,and I NEVER EVER think about suicide, I think it's pointless.

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
    I'll admit, yes I have.

The only reason I thought of it was because I heavily disliked all of the cruelty in this world and wanted to be rid of it.

But I got over it which is good. I wouldn't ever go through with it, though. Cutting is one thing but suicide is another. I have an active social life and friends so that's one thing that keeps me from doing so. I've gone through a few breif depressed periods in my life but they were short. Normally I bury depression deep within myself to keep my friends and family happy. I even cut myself on the underside of my wrist so that they don't notice. I suppose I'm just going through that stage though ~

My friends tease me about being emo and too hardcore about things sometimes; otherwise, no teasing. Just the occasional, playful insult if you know what I mean. Nothing really offensive.

holdmykidney

Riddled with pokerus
    Years
    I remember when i was a younger teenager I had difficulty dealing with emotional events, and I found the whole concept of an unknown life stretching ahead of you to be very bewildering and scary.

I once considered it because I believed it to be the only way I could dispel all the uncertainty I was grappling with.

Now I'm older and the hormones have settled down (or gone away entirely - I'm not sure which!) and I have a bit of life experience I don't worry anymore.

Last edited:

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    no i never thought of it. well maybe once when i was a 2nd grader but i didnt really do it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2012
    I've thought about it many times.
    Never would I go threw with it.

I've even planed out how I'd do it.
    Only because I was bored.

I'm actually a very happy person. =D

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    I think most of us, at point, have ventured so deep into the dreary pits of life that suicide inevitably came up.

I've thought about it, of course. Tried it. Didn't work out so well. 'Sa pointless action now that I think about, given our position in life.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    Yah, I have. Hell, in a way I planned it out. I would either go off on a killing rampage and force the police to shoot me rather than put me in jail or go off and sabotage everything of my family's as well as anyone else who lives near me. Then before I get caught, I kill myself.

One thing that pisses me off is the government reacts to suicide. They lock people up... but that goes against the chart of rights and freedoms (for Canada, at least). It's their life, they should decide what to do with it.

However, what I'd plan to do would give rights to the government to try and lock me up. Hell, I'd try and kill some police before I go down to.

I still think fo suicide, the odd time. Believe it or not, most of it is because of school. My lack of motivation and passion in school has me way behind in major projects and whatnot and I think that it's impossible for me to do. However, I do not accept failure within myself, so I think of suicide, to avoid failing projects and whatnot since failing a project would most likely end with me failing that course, then ebign held back in life. However, if I killed myself, there is no more life to worry about. Who knows, I could get lucky and be reincarnated in France or something. x:

School isn't the only thing though. Ever since I discovered basketball, I made it my life. My first moral was then made, "If I can't play basketball, I must not live as basketball is now my life". Therefor, if absketball is taken away from me, I can not live. Now realziing more about life and a bit more of my own capabilities I have slightly minimized that moral. I realize that my chances of getting to the NBA are slim. The only thing I wouldn't midn doing would to be a scientist. Possibly one for the war? Er, thats egtting off topic now, so I'll stop.

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    Lots of times, but never really got to actually doing it.

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
    My social life and my school life was just awful. I have no friends, everyone hated/hates me. And I feel...un-loved at this forum. Why? I don't know. :P
    No to mention my parents used to yell at me a LOT.
    But I don't want to kill myself yet because SSBB is coming out in December. :(

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I became depressed when I first moved here. I hated my school and everyone around me and did eventually start thinking of suicide. Luckily, a combination of being far too scared to go through with it and knowing that come summer I'd be visiting my old friends kept me going. Things quickly looked up for me and now 5 years later I'm happy as ever and I'll never again look at suicide as any sort of answer. :x

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
    Yeah, don't kill yourself ~

Unless my life was like Gaara's, I wouldn't kill myself (up until he became Kazekage) ~

Even then I wouldn't ~

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    Yes,it may not seem like it,but I have ._.; Alot of it has crossed my mind recently.
    I've never attempted it though,it just never gets to me,no matter how depressed I am.

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    No I never though about it, wanting to kill your self I think is just stupid, sure once in awhile I dont like the situation im in but I dont actually think about really really wanting to kill myself theres too much to live for in life and my family and friends and I actually want to have a family and actually experience the good things in live so yea..

Back