• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suicide

Have you ever thought of killing yourself?

• Yes

Votes: 32 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 27 45.0%
  • I'd prefer not to say

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    I became depressed when I first moved here. I hated my school and everyone around me and did eventually start thinking of suicide. Luckily, a combination of being far too scared to go through with it and knowing that come summer I'd be visiting my old friends kept me going. Things quickly looked up for me and now 5 years later I'm happy as ever and I'll never again look at suicide as any sort of answer. :x

Yeah, that happened to me, except in reverse when I first came to Canada. People treated me like an outsider, kids said I was a freak, people would run away from me even if I tried to say hi to them. I didn't really care, I enjoyed the solitude. I was eight then.

But I only made friends in middle school. I had no friends for 3 years. I think that's why I can act so schizophrenic now.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I've dreamed of suicide, which made me think about it. Not of doing it, just.. what would happen if I did. That's about it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2014
    iv'e thought about all the time when im really MAD!!!!!!!!!!

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
    I became slightly depressed after me and my friends disconnected for awhile. I've been sad all Summer wondering if they've forgotten about me or are doing stuff without me! I hope they haven't. I haven't called any of them all Summer though. Today I got a chain letter that had been filtered through all of them but I realized it got forwarded to my by one of my friends who's always been incredibly sympathetic of me for my emo ways and she thinks I'm always sad and lonely, so she might just be trying to cheer me up or something I guess. I hope that isn't the case, though! My friends and really funny and I've always been really funny and joking and happy when I'm around them so I hope they haven't disowned me. *sigh*

But I mean, even if they have completely disowned me, I wouldn't commit suicide. When I die, I die, and that's that. I am not ending my life early for the sake of pointless obstacles in life that can be overcomed easily. Even during life's difficult times, giving up is about the worst thing you can do. You shouldn't run and pay the price of your life. By purposely killing yourself, nobody benefits. You don't even benefit; you're dead and even though you'll be in a peaceful place what about those who knew and loved you and are still alive? What about them?

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    No....I think most people get over the lolihadabaddayatschoolsoihavetoostabmyeyesout Phase when they are 10 years old.

skyslayer

Banned
    Years
    Everyone gets one life(I dunno about after-lives etc. ,they might or might not be true)and I feel you should enjoy it.Yes,there are bad parts of your life but everyone has them,you cant expect anyone to be perfect.There are many times I feel that I should never have been born but then I get over the feeling eventually and forget about it.

We shouldnt let these kind of minor issues affect us and give up the only thing we have:life.If anyone has done something to make you feel like committing suicide then do what I say :Forgive and Forget.And if its rather too big, has seriously hurt you feelings,and will make you feel sad for the rest of your life..er...kill him/her instead ;)

BTW,whats this doing in a kids forum,I personally feel that kids shouldnt be exposed to this.Anyway forget that,atleast they are getting to hear good opinions and might not think of committing suicide after reading this topic...

~SkySlayer

umbreon67696

6gothique6princess6
    Years
    well only a lot. i dont think i have enough in me to actually do it unless my boyfriend brakes up with me.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    The tribulation is coming and I'm glad about it. ^_-

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    Definitely.
    I have thought about it, I haven't been sure of whether I would actually do it or not. I've gotten VERY depressed, once for two years almost, and said that I would commit suicide multiple times.
    Now that I think of how many people would actually miss me, and shoving the people that wouldn't out of my mind, I will never commit suicide. There's too much to live for. But when I get depressed, I can't really think of that. Once I tore my arm up pretty bad with an earring (XD) and another I tried to hurt myself with a plastic knife. And another threatened my pinkie finger with scissors. ;;
    All when I was depressed, thinking nobody liked me and I would never make it in this world.
    -sigh-
    Suicide.
    Is childish and immature and I will /never/ attempt it in the least again. I don't feel sorry for the people who committed suicide. I laugh at them. Thinking that they would get away from it all if they did that...? Ugh. ._.

Years
    To be honest, no. I keep thinking about my future, and the people around me. I just feel it's not my time yet. I like my life, even though many kids at my school try to talk me into it. Ah well, life is what I make of it, and I won't give it up just yet.

Jordan.

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    I laughed when I saw who created this thread.

I almost did after I was bant from the poke communitys chatruum roflrofl

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    Definately not, for me.

I can't believe that more people have voted yes than no.

In my opinion, suicide is one of the most selfish things you could do.

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    Yeah, I almost did once. In a period a few years ago, when my sister and my Grandpa died within 6 months of each other, and all my grades started slipping. I'm lucky my friends and parents helped me get through that, I was extremly depressed at that stage in my life. But ever since then, I can cope with anything. Nothing has ever struck me that hard since then.

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses

The one you hate to love. :P
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    Yes, Many times. Mostly when things got bad...

Grandma Died
    Grandpa Died
    Pet Died
    Grades Slipped
    Everything seemed to go sour and I actually held a knife to my chest and was about to do it when I thought of my family, My Parents, my family, But Mostly my Cousins and Friends.

And after finding Christ in my life I blocked it out of my mind completly, Cause killing your self is like spitting in gods face,

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Definately not, for me.

I can't believe that more people have voted yes than no.

In my opinion, suicide is one of the most selfish things you could do.
    I agree completely. ¬_¬

I hope I don't sound offensive, but hearing people with years ahead of them considering suicide and who are from areas of the world that are much better off than most others is just pitiful.

People should be grateful with what they have, suicide shows the opposite. If there is something going wrong, then you should try to resolve it or let it pass, since killing yourself will hardly improve the situation.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    Yah I have several times but never actually did anything close to attempt. I was just being a little emo at the time and suicide would pop up in my head a lot. But alot of teens go through this kind of stuff so it is a bit natural to get depressed very easily at my age. Suicide is a bit more questionable with people though, as they have different personalities and lives.

Back