• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suicide

Have you ever thought of killing yourself?

• Yes

Votes: 32 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 27 45.0%
  • I'd prefer not to say

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

Tsugumi-sama

Hagalaz Clan Omega
    Years
    Yep, definitely. I attempted it a long, long while ago. I tried to O.D, but I got one of my friends to come with me and tell a teacher at the school what I'd done. I'm not proud or happy of what I did, I'm not incredibly ashamed either. It's a part of my past, not my present or future. The days that I was in the hospital I had a lot to think about. The insant I saw my mom come into my room in the ER I started balling. It's true: suicide is one of the most selffish things you can do. With people who have serious depression it will seem as thought it is the only way out, but that's as far from the truth as possible. I learned that.

I'm very thankful that I'm alive today and I look forward to each tomorrow. I'm a bit ashamed that it took something as big as a suicide attempt to make me wake up, but I have not been happier. I can relate to people who are depressed but I get really ticked off when they talk about how horrible their life is and how it should all end. One of the reasons I get really pissed off when people say how horrible their life is is when they live in the US (as do I), and, while our country is hated by many and it's not perfect (what country is?), people born into this country have very priviliged lives.

I just don't believe suicide is right. Not only do you harm yourself, you harm those around you. It's...vicious.

Anyway, sorry for the rant.

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
    I think most people have at least thought about it. I have.

Not planned it out or anything, because I know I'd never ever do it. If it weren't for friends, anime, my mom, pets, mother & future I'd probobally do it though. I mean if my life was totally pointless and I was suffering and nobody needed me, then I might do it. But I've got too much to live for anyways. I've been depressed before. It's painful as hell but not enough to take over who I am and my mind and make me commit suicide. I know people who loved me would suffer and I don't want that.

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    Never in my life have I. Killing yourself is the most idiotic thing ever.

Such as if your depressed that someone died, what's killing yourself going to do? It won't bring them back. That's a given.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Never in my life have I. Killing yourself is the most idiotic thing ever.

Such as if your depressed that someone died, what's killing yourself going to do? It won't bring them back. That's a given.

Not really...~ When you die, you die. All the problems are gone. ~

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    (Except that you don't have a life...)

Actually I did think of it ounce during that year that about 6 people targeted me to bully. Other than that, zip.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2008
    I thought about it once, when I got really stressed out because I had problems with my math teacher, Gah, I still hate that stinking wizz....
    Anyway, Life on the roads, everythings fine... etc...
    Gotta start the new school year in 1 week... [Nooooo! T_T]

Waaaai~
    ~Honey-Senpai~

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    No. I have a good life (though a bit pointless, I just play video games all the time. =P) and as already mentioned, suicide is one of the most selfish things you can do. You don't even gain anything from it and you'll just cause more grief to the people who care for you. Besides, even if you feel like your life has been ruined, how the heck do you know your life won't get back on track in the future

Suicide is stupid, immature and selfish. And no, I don't care if anyone is offended by that, because it's the truth.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2008
    No. I have a good life (though a bit pointless, I just play video games all the time. =P) and as already mentioned, suicide is one of the most selfish things you can do. You don't even gain anything from it and you'll just cause more grief to the people who care for you. Besides, even if you feel like your life has been ruined, how the heck do you know your life won't get back on track in the future

Suicide is stupid, immature and selfish. And no, I don't care if anyone is offended by that, because it's the truth.

Exactly, and that's why I'm glad it never came further than a 2 second stop to think about it...

Waaaai~
    ~Honey-Senpai~

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    To be honest, I have thought of it but I've always thought of an alternative. I think of how many people might end up being hurt if I end up commiting suicide.

I would never actaully kill myself because you cant just end your whole life for some tragic incident that has you scared for life.

I mean...C'est La Vie, (That's life).

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    Never in my life have I ever thought about doing it and I never will. Life is too good. ^^;
    I had a freidn who was emo and thought about it all the time. It was sad... I could never think of doing something that horrible.

Doesn't commiting suiside automatically mean you go to hell?

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    If I get really depressed, I just try to move on and not dwell on the issue. Besides...I LIKE LIVING.

Back