• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Sup Friends

xZippy

Strange Member
Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Feb 5, 2022
    ➤ Why I wanted to join the PokéCommunity...

Though I was never exactly a fan of the anime, I absolutely loved the games. My favorite classic game is Pokémon Emerald (second being Platinum), my favorite modern game is Pokémon Moon (second being Ultra Moon) and my favorite hack would have to be the well-known Pokémon Unbound. Though the games brought me very close to joining the community, it was the beautifully made ROM hacks that truly drew me here.

➤ My favorite Pokémon-related things...

My favorite Pokémon is a tie between Dialga and Xerneas. My favorite Pokemon type is Ground, with second being a tie between Dragon and Fire. My least favorite type is Ice, with Normal and Flying being second place in that regard. My favorite region is Hoenn, second being Sinnoh. My favorite move is Roar of Time. My favorite ability is Synchronize, while my second favorite is Beast Boost, third being Mummy and fourth being Rough Skin.

My favorite generations are III and IV. There's something so addicting about games in those generations.

➤ More about me...

I have many, many, many skills. I've been a game designer for quite some time. I haven't worked for a big company, but I have been on many big mod teams and was paid for what I did. I can image edit, do any kind of web development - this includes CSS, which explains the somewhat decent CSS flair I added to my posts. I can also video edit, 3D model and have done tons of level designing for many kinds of games. A good example of both image editing and video editing would be my avatar, which IS of me, and I made all of it from scratch.

My favorite games of all time is a tie between Half-Life 2 and BioShock 1. Second being both Unreal Tournament 2004 and Factorio. Third being both Portal 2 and Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

I always try to put some clever 'oomph' in everything I do and everything I write. I don't like showing generic things.

I've done the most level designing for Unreal Tournament 2004. Here's an image of the best map I worked on. The amount of customization I put into it was beyond English words:
    Sup Friends

The core focus of me being here is to help someone with a good ROM hack, if I'm not making one myself. I hope to make (or help with) something as good as Pokémon Unbound.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Welcome to PC! Thanks for the nice introduction you've given :) I hear people disliking Ultra Moon compared to the Moon version - but you like what they did in the Ultra variant too? My fav type might also be Ground, at least when it comes to moves and using them in-game. Earthquaking or Magnituding things just feels so powerful hehe. Cool work you've produced! I hope you'll be able to find an intriguing project to join and contribute a lot to. See you around!

Years
  • Hello =)

Can't say I'm a fan of Ground or Fire types in general, but Dialga & Xerneas are 👍

Since your favorite region is Hoenn, how do you feel about ORAS? or did you not play the remakes?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Welcome! Dialga is such a cool Pokemon, which was the main reason why I chose Diamond all those years ago. Platinum is definitely my favorite game followed by Crystal and Black 2. I'm more than sure there are users who would enjoy your contributions to the overall progress of the hacks. I don't make them myself but I sure do enjoy playing them. I thoroughly enjoy seeing what the community comes up with. I hope you enjoy your stay!

xZippy

Strange Member
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Feb 5, 2022
    I hear people disliking Ultra Moon compared to the Moon version - but you like what they did in the Ultra variant too?!
    I'm gonna have to agree with that. The ultra games were very... "okay" compared to the originals. I'm not the world's biggest fan of the newer games, as they are painfully too easy. I would also love if non-existent dual pokémon types were introduced (even if they don't make much sense). For example: Ice/Poison, Fighting/Fairy, Normal/Ghost, etc...

Would anyone be interested if I made a "Submit your own move/ability" contest?

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm gonna have to agree with that. The ultra games were very... "okay" compared to the originals. I'm not the world's biggest fan of the newer games, as they are painfully too easy. I would also love if non-existent dual pokémon types were introduced (even if they don't make much sense). For example: Ice/Poison, Fighting/Fairy, Normal/Ghost, etc...

Would anyone be interested if I made a "Submit your own move/ability" contest?
    I think you could make a thread like that in either the Pokémon General or Pokémon Gaming Central sections, depending on if you want to angle it towards the games or not :) sounds like a fun idea. If it is a "contest", what would the prize be? Would you like permission to use those ideas for your hack? You could just make it a general thread where people can discuss ideas and submit ideas for it also. :3

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Oh man, some of those screenshots are badass. I'm sure you'd be an incredibly valuable member to any hacking team!

xZippy

Strange Member
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Feb 5, 2022
    I think you could make a thread like that in either the Pokémon General or Pokémon Gaming Central sections, depending on if you want to angle it towards the games or not :) sounds like a fun idea. If it is a "contest", what would the prize be? Would you like permission to use those ideas for your hack? You could just make it a general thread where people can discuss ideas and submit ideas for it also. :3
    Maybe "contest" was not the right word. I was gonna make a sort of "encyclopedia" with every decent idea I got, and even go through the effort of making animations/sprites of almost every entry I got. Everyone loves visuals, right? Who could resist?

DrWho42

ka kaw
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    hi zippy! welcome to the forums! amazing work with unreal tournament, wow!

Back