• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survivors of Mieko Island! PG-14

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Sidney was weaving through the trees as he had been for the past few minutes, though they felt far longer. Sweat was coming down his face, yet he felt cold. Nervousness and fear griped him, yet somehow he managed to pressed on. The very cause of his unease was in plain view, walking the path Sidney was following. Sidney had taken care to put distance between himself and those traveling to the fresh water source, yet no so far that they couldn't be tracked. He wanted to be far away so that even if he did make a noise, or even went out into the open for a bit, he wouldn't be noticed. It was perfect. He would find out where the fresh water is, therefore knowing where they would be sleeping, be able to go off and eat, then find them again once the morning had come, with luck he would hear of their new instructions. Yet this one boy, this infernal, nameless boy with no particular features that Sidney could call out on for further insults, stayed behind everyone else. This one boy managed to ruin everything else! Sidney couldn't simply stay further back from him because then he would lose sight of the rest of the people. What if this boy lead him the wrong way? Sidney wasn't willing to risk it. So instead, he remained sneaking nearly in step with this boy, and despite his unwavering end of mental screams and whispered curses, he wouldn't hurry up.

Come on... Come on! Just hurry up! Look up there. You see them? Don't you want to talk to them about some random nonsense? Come on! Move! Hurry. The. Heck. Up. Sidney ranted, still to no avail. The boy kept on walking at his agonizingly slow pace, he still walked so far behind the others. It was just then that he heard a "snap" sound and felt something give way beneath him. Sidney's eyes widened and he stumbled, putting a small and shallow cut across his right arm is it slid against a tree branch. What had he just heard? It was the plan-ruining sound! The sound that would bring end to all that he had been planning! In his anger, he had completely forgotten to watch his feet.

Suddenly, a sound disturbed Sidney's silent moment of shock and awe. It was many seconds after Sidney had flinched from the second unexpected noise that he recognized it as speech.

"Show yourself!" the voice that reminded Sidney of home in the very slightest aspect rang. It was him. It had to be him. That boy with no particularly outstanding features! The very though of that slow-walking boy who was very hard to come up with insults for made Sidney's blood boil. He felt like shouting at the boy at the moment, Sidney felt like completely blowing his cover and beating the boy repeatedly. Yet he didn't. Something, being logic or fear made Sidney drop the rock he wasn't aware he picked up.

But something has to be done! I can't just let this kid go and tell everyone that he heard some strange noise in the forest. What if they investigate? What if they find me? They may be just a bunch of overly-talkative fools, but I can't take on all of them! No. I need to do something. Sidney concluded. Thinking that the pond could not be far away at this point, he did the first thing that came to mind. He released a Pokémon. It was his Sawk. Most of the time, it made a sound when it came out, but Sidney silenced it with a glare. The thing was confused that it wasn't in a battle, but it listened as Sidney whispered a command to the thing. Nodding, the Sawk did as told.

All it did was run out ahead to the boy a little bit, barely emerge from the treeline for a second, then run back, where Sidney was waiting. He recalled his Sawk and thought then that the deal was done.

There! Now the boy will think that the sound was just a wild Sawk. Nothing unusual about that... right? Nobody will treat a Sawk sighting like anything serious or something that needs to be investigated... right? My tracks are completely covered! I hope. Worry was reinstated in Sidney. His growling stomach reminded him that he had something to do, and continued to follow the group to the pond, once again behind that stupid boy who had tried to bring him from the forest. If he didn't investigate the mysterious noise, surely he wouldn't press further once he thinks that the noise came from a Sawk, hopefully. Sidney swallowed a lump in his throat and continued.

MMGiru

Dilettante Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Well now.... A moment ago Dylan had tensed himself up when he thought he'd seen a person coming out of the trees. When the figure revealed itself to be a humanoid pokemon wearing a karategi and belt, Dylan and the three pokemon tensed further still, until... it simply turned back around and walked back the direction it came. After a moment, the sound of its walking stopped abruptly, followed by what Dylan could've sworn was the faint sound of a pokeball.

The corner of Dylan's mouth twitched - downward rather than upward - and he raised his hand to scratch the back of his head, closing his eyes for a moment. It did not take much effort to puzzle this out, especially with Dylan's talent for finding simple solutions.

The natives were aggressive (and presumably pokemon), while this thing rather suspiciously showcased its presence before walking back the way it came. Also, there remained one person from the boat that Dylan hadn't yet seen on the island. Although, he supposed the suspicious, clothed, humanoid pokemon could've just been answering his call into the woods....

"I'm not walking over there." Dylan had said this in a bored, casual volume and tone. Remembering the distance, and not inconsiderable foliage, between himself and the other party, Dylan raised his voice to an annoyed yell. More of a growl than a shout, which allowed more of an accent to leak through. "I'm not walking over there, and I don't much care for shouting, so you'll wanna follow a bit closer to hear what Lin's message said."

Dylan hoped that would catch the boy's attention, before he started walking in the direction Alexis had lead the others. By his theory, everyone had woken up at about the same time, in about the same place. The initial group on the beach would've been difficult to miss, and it seemed unlikely that the hidden member would've missed the Archeops' screech and dramatically delivered letter.

After a moment of walking at an intentionally slow pace, Dylan began to list off the things he remembered from the letter. Naturally, he did it in the most confused and drawn out fashion he could pull off, and in a conversational voice.

"Well, you may have noticed," Dylan didn't turn to face the forest, trying to maintain the illusion that the pale ninja would be able to get close without him noticing, "that we're on an island. Now I distinctly remember taking a boat from...." Dylan paused for a second, as if his mind was trying to work something out. "Slateport; boat from Slateport, and there were nine other trainers, who were mostly kids. Or whatever word they're using to refer to themselves these days. Anyway, this island is called Mieko. Well, Mieko Island.

"That's what Lin said, anyway. Oh, you remember Lin, right?" Dylan spoke absentmindedly to the woods beside him, without looking at them. He was beginning to enjoy the process of obfuscation. He didn't often get an opportunity to practice it. "She was the, ah... psychic, that kidnapped us and spoke in our dreams and such? Well, she said that we were supposed to help her friends. Help them become less violent or something. Seems like she could do that herself, what with being a psychic. Oh!" He raised a hand from one of his pockets, "She's not human, either. Yeah, that's pretty crazy. Don't get whisked away by deranged psychic pokemon everyday."

Dylan made a point to continue explaining the situation in the most frustratingly slow manner possible, in the hopes that the other party might want the information badly enough to slip up, or ask questions, or... something useful he hadn't thought of. He didn't hold any particularly high expectations that the other party was still following, though.

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
    Years
  • Serena Paige Tipton
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Serena wasn't tired, she wanted to go explore the forest a bit, it would be fun to find out the mysteries of the island. But annoying to, personally, Serena wanted to head back to her personal cruise and hang with friends and her pokemon. But that wasn't going to happen any time soon, unless they began to find something. "Follow me pokemon." Serena whispered, careful not to let anyone else hear. Sugar nodded and then followed Serena over to the forest, hopefully no-one saw them. Serena stopped sneaking and then casually walked into the forest, maybe she would find that clean lake Alexis saw before. Not caring where's she was going Serena kept walking and looking around for anything.

There was something nice and blue in front of Serena, not to far away. Suddenly picking up pace Serena began to run with her pokemon towards the blue thing, it was the lake! "Great! I was so thirsty, finally a decent drink. And one that hasn't got meat germ's in it." Cash was the fastest and made it first, he began to drink from the lake followed by Sugar. Petal and Serena took leaf, put some water on it and began to drink. "This is great water, just like the one my butler's make at home." The four stopped drinking and looked around, everything was still normal but the sun began to go down more.

Not caring about the sun, Serena continued exploring with her pokemon.

Back