• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survivors of Mieko Island! PG-14

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
Years
  • Serena Paige Tipton

Serena was still holding the injured Wurmple waiting for Bryn to reply. Then, a girl came over to Serena and said, "Uh, hi, I just um...noticed you guys. Anyways, that Wurmple doesn't look too great." The girl seemed pretty nice. Before Serena could reply to her a little Odish popped out. "Aww, it's so cute!" Serena could help but saying, then the other girl replied. "Um, this is my Oddish, April. I saved her from a bad condition with a ton of Houndoom." That was so kind of her to help a pokemon, seems like they had allot in common so far. Then the girl took a emergency kit out of her backpack, lucky she kept that around. And then said, "May I see the Wurmple? I promise to be careful with it." Serena looked at the girl, "Okay."

Serena gave a quick look at the Wurmple, she then handed it over to the girl. "It'll need ointment and bandages, but that should do it. If we frequently replace the bandages and ointment, I believe it'll be just fine."She explained."I'm Daniella by the way." So her name was Daniela, "And im Serena." she said.

miley810

Assassin
    Years
  • "Nice to meet you."She said getting on her knees with the Wurmple.

Daniella sat out a towel to keep something between the sand and Wurmple. She carefully applyed ointment, which didn't burn or sting. It seemed to calm down a bit as she wrapped bandages on the wound.

"There you go."She said."We'll need to change the bandages every few hours."

Oddish walked over to it. It smiled at the Wurmple.

"Oddish always try to sooth pokemon in pain by talking to them, you see."Daniella said standing up.

She brushed the sand off her knees. Some blood had gotten on her hand so she walked over to the water and washed it off, before walking right back to the group.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Alexis Blur
    at the coconut trees further down the beach - to the fresh water pond - back to the group on the beach

Serena had been terrified with Alexis suggestion of eating the Wurmple and Jeff tried to play the honorable one and stop the fight, before following Serena back to the other group, further down the beach. Alexis sighed. So he was taking her side? Maybe she had judged him wrongly. She pouted a little.

"Emonga," she said, getting the attention of the flying squirrel pokémon who was munching on a coconut. "Oh... right, maybe we should feed the others as well."

She glanced back, wondering if Cindy was still here with her or back with Serena and the others. She didn't want to be like that snotty girl, showing off her pokémon. She knew they were good and anyone with a decent sense of... sensibility, would see that they were awesome as well.

"Marashi, Okutan," she said and let out a Quilava and an Octillery on the sand. The Quilava - Marashi - seemed to enjoy the sunlight and lit up in a calm smile, not pondering where he was. He was with his trainer, so it should be ok. The Octillery - Okutan - looked a bit confused at first, but soon saw the ocean and lit up in an even bigger smile.

"Hey, come here and have some... uh, coconut flesh and berries," Alexis said. "I'm afraid I don't have any pokémon food with me and we... this is the situation. We are stranded on some mysterious island, on purpose by a girl called... uh, I've forgotten her name. But she's obviously our enemy, luring us away from our homes like that! Got it?"

Marashi, Okutan and Emonga nodded. They understood. Mysterious girl = enemy. Alexis had missed Lin's most recent message, the one Bryn read earlier. While her pokémon was eating, Alexis had some more berries too, getting energetic from all the sugar. She thought hard. So they were here because this enemy girl wanted them to do some mission for her. And... she did remember something from the dream. The girl would come to them in a form that was not human? Maybe she would come as a pokémon then?

"We should get back to the others, I guess... but they are just standing there, talking. As if it was a vacation. Even Jeff..." She curled her eyebrows down. "Let's go find some place to take shelter in, shall we?"

Again, her pokémon nodded, and they started walking. It wasn't long before Okutan seemed flustered by having to crawl on the dry, hot land though. Alexis apologized and let him jump into the ocean for a bit before she sent him back into his pokéball. She also told Marashi to not lit up his fire unnecessarily in the jungle - a forest fire probably wasn't the best thing they could make now.

Using her pokémon as scouts, she threw one last glance at the others and walked back into the forest. She did keep the beach withing sight as she walked though, not wanting to get lost. Her boots were almost dry now, but she took off her socks and put them into a pocket on her bag and wore the boots without socks though. She had another problem. She was getting tired. Not mentally - she had just fed and felt quite vigorous. But her muscles were starting to get sore from walking over logs and trampling through sand. She was almost about to give up and drag herself back to the beach when Emonga called out, somewhere ahead.

Alexis hurried there and saw... a pond in the jungle. A small water fall poured water into it from a creek somewhere up on the jungle clad hill on the other side. The water didn't look like the water at the beach. Alexis got her hopes up, totally, and bent down and tasted the water. Ugh. Jungle pond didn't taste very well compared to clean water from a tap. But it didn't taste salty. Marashi nudged her hip and made her realize that Okutan could probably determine if it was good water or not. The trainer sent out her Octillery to the shore. It dipped a tentacle in the water and then tasted it, and smiled broadly... with its eyes. It was a go for fresh water!

Alexis and all of her pokémon (except for Okutan, who could just as well drink salt water actually) drank themselves unthirsty, not pondering if the water could be contaminated in some other way. Then, Alexis asked Okutan to stay guard there and Marashi to remember the path they were walking, while Emonga soared up to the treetops to find the beach again. It wasn't far away at all.

They managed to get back to the beach rather quickly, but had to walk around a corner of the island to see the others again.

"Hey!" Alexis called out, waving, when she got closer to the group. "I found something in the forest! My Quilava can lead us back. It's some kind of pond, and the water was... well, it tasted awful really, but it was much better to drink than sea water." She pointed behind her to show that the pond was in that direction.

She looked around at them; everybody seemed to be gathered around Bryn, who held a piece of paper in her hands. "So... what have I missed?" Alexis asked.

PokeGirlJade

Princess of Unova
    Years
  • ~Day 1~
    Noon

"Um…yeah, that might be a good idea…" Bryn mumbled, trying to locate where the voice was that mentioned looking for the fresh water pond. It was then she saw the girl from earlier- the one who wasn't pleased there was no cell phone service- arrive with what appeared to be an injured Wurmple. Serena, right? Is that a Pokemon?

"I found this poor pokemon in the woods, over there. It was crying for help, then I showed Alexis and she said that we should eat him! So I came over to you, hoping you wouldn't want to eat him Bryn."

Seraphina eyed the Wurmple suspiciously. She wasn't very trustworthy of other Pokemon, and this thing was no exception. She walked away and curled up by a rock, keeping an eye on the Wurmple.

A hurt Wurmple? What could have happened? Alexis wanted to eat it? Although Bryn couldn't imagine anybody wanting to eat a Wurmple, Alexis did appear to be very hungry. "Um…yeah, I won't eat it. Let's see, about the bleeding-"

She noticed a girl rush over to them, release an Oddish from its Poke ball, and ask to see the Wurmple. Serena handed it to her and the girl mentioned her name was Daniella. She watched as Daniella treated the tiny bug Pokemon with care. Bryn was intrigued, this girl knew what she was doing.

"Hey!" she heard, causing her head to turn towards the direction of the voice. It was Alexis, running towards them with a Quilava. "I found something in the forest! My Quilava can lead us back. It's some kind of pond, and the water was... well, it tasted awful really, but it was much better to drink than sea water," she said, pointing behind her. "So… what have I missed?" she then asked.

"You found fresh water? Oh, great! Now we can have something to drink! Anyways, about what you missed… we apparently received a note from Lin. It said we should stay close to the beach today, and find food and shelter. She said we shouldn't go too deep in the forest because her 'friends' were too dangerous to be around at the moment. And we're getting 'instructions' tomorrow. For what, I dunno..." she said to her. "So, I guess we should probably look for shelter?" she asked, waiting for a response from someone.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Alexis Blur
    at the group on the beach

"You found fresh water? Oh, great! Now we can have something to drink! Anyways, about what you missed… we apparently received a note from Lin. It said we should stay close to the beach today, and find food and shelter. She said we shouldn't go too deep in the forest because her 'friends' were too dangerous to be around at the moment. And we're getting 'instructions' tomorrow. For what, I dunno..." Bryn said to Alexis. "So, I guess we should probably look for shelter?" she asked.

Alexis wrinkled her nose. "Her 'friends'?" She and Marashi exchanged a look. Yep, Lin was definitely not someone who had all the balls in her bag, so to speak. All the sheep in her yard. All the... yeah, whatever.

"Well, that pond wasn't too far into the jungle and there were a lot of trees. And maybe some caverns, I'm not sure. Can't really remember," Alexis scratched her head. "But if a storm comes, we should be safer there than here at the beach, no?" She blinked. "Uh, I mean, the only thing I've heard about tropical islands apart from them having nice beaches, is that they get hit by tropical storms often. And that about the beaches is true: they are nice. So maybe that about the storms is true too!" It wasn't just that, actually. She was kind of proud having found a pond.

Then she remembered something. "Anyone want more berries by the way? I have some left from earlier." She opened up her bag towards anyone who felt hungry in the group.

MMGiru

Dilettante Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Initially, after Dylan's proposition, the rock-sitting-girl had responded. "Um…yeah, that might be a good idea…"

While the response itself had about met his hopes, Dylan's expectations were met when she then had no idea where he was. Before she managed to locate him, the rock-sitter was interrupted by well-dressed-likely-rich-girl, who was coming out of the woods holding a wounded Wurmple and complaining about "Alexis", who he imagined was skinny-nemesis-girl.

Naturally, was Dylan's first thought on the matter. His second thought was on the revelation of the rock-sitter's name; Bryn. Rock-sitter-Bryn, then. The thought calmed him slightly, amusing himself.

After this, Bryn was again interrupted, this time by a girl acting (near professionally, as Dylan pointed out in his head) as a medic to the Wurmple. Before there was another opportunity for Bryn to be interrupted, the presumably-Alexis came running out of the woods, emerging closer to Dylan than her nemesis had, though he didn't imagine she'd noticed him. He, on the other hand, had noticed the Quailava by her side.

He had time to think the words, Johto, then, before she spoke. Pointing behind her, she said "I found something in the forest! My Quilava can lead us back. It's some kind of pond, and the water was... well, it tasted awful really, but it was much better to drink than sea water," before proceeding to ask what she'd missed.

After coming up with Dylan was tempted to say "My demonstration of irrelevance", but held his tongue, instead thinking up a clustered curse, which he also didn't voice. While rock-sitter-Bryn commented on the pond and explained the situation, Dylan did a sort of mental double-take on a piece of trivia. "Much better to drink than sea water"? This gave him pause. Does she not know that you can't drink sea water?

His attention was brought back to the conversation with the word "caverns". Piecing it together with what little he'd paid attention to once-and-possibly-currently-hungry-Alexis saying, he realized that she was indicating the possibility of caves near the pond. The familiarity to his favorite place struck him, and he crouched back down, silently. He was prepared to have someone else lead the expedition to the pond, while he quietly followed.

Rather than allowing him to go unnoticed, Ambition gently (for a Trapinch) bit Dylan's rump, causing him to grunt and jump back up. At first, he turned to face Ambition, with a blank expression. While Dylan slowly reached into his pocket for Ambition's ball, face blank and eyes fixed on the Trapinch, Sage came and placed a hand on his trainer's knee. The touch seemed to have a calming or distracting effect, and Dylan's face resumed its normal sleepiness.

Oblivious to the other humans, Dylan crouched down again, this time facing Ambition directly. "You can't bite people. Your mouth is too dangerous. Someone will get hurt." They both knew that hurting Dylan wasn't the problem. It was a combination of the potential to harm others and the potential the cause a scene. They also both knew that Dylan was upset he'd nearly lost his temper.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Sidney was well behind the treeline by the time the message had arrived. The first thing Sidney remembered of the encounter was an ear-splitting screech. When the boy had peered into the sky, the place from which the screech had come, Sidney had to cover his mouth to muffle the sound of pure astonishment that Sidney wasn't aware he made. The thing in the sky was a magnificent bird... thing. Sidney wasn't really sure what the thing was, it was nothing like he had ever seen or heard of, with its tan, feathered body, blue feathers on its wings and some on its legs and tail, then its oddest features were its head, legs, and tail, which were bright red and looked.. almost reptilian. What is that thing? Sidney had to wonder. Then, it dropped a message! Right into the group of people chatting on the beach! Just who are these people? Having strange Pokémon delivering them messages.

Once it got time for the message to be read, Sidney could only hear bits and pieces. Among these he could make out "Mieko Island", "forest", "dangerous", "beach", "fresh water", "instructions". Sidney, done straining his ears, sighed and relaxed. He tried to reason out what he had heard.

Okay, so "Mieko Island"? Well, that could be where I am. Or, maybe that group over there is expected to go there? Either way, it doesn't really help, I have no idea what Mieko Island is. Hearing "dangerous" after "forest" can only lead to so many conclusions. Then again, I don't know what the rest of the sentences were. For all I know, the letter could have said the forest is a safe haven and lawnmowers are dangerous. "Beach"? What am I supposed to do with that? "Fresh water"... hm, so there might be some nearby, that's good, if I knew where it was. Lastly, "intructions". Was it a label? Did that group receive some instructions? Maybe, just maybe, it has something to do with the mystery. I should really keep a close watch on these guys, then.

After determining that most of the note couldn't help him right now, Sidney resumed his watching position. It quickly got unbelievably boring and it wasn't getting any better. The group just sat there, talking. Maybe about their plans on what to do, maybe about their instructions, Sidney didn't know. Their voices were too low to hear properly. As time passed on, some people left into the forest, luckily passing him by, as it seemed. Maybe they were looking for that fresh water? Or some food. Sidney remembered food. Though he rarely ate a lot, he did still have to eat some time. Sidney was reminded of how hungry, how thirsty he was. He considered following the people who went into the forest, but decided it was better to continue watching the group on the beach, for some reason. As time crawled by, Sidney wasn't getting any less hungry. His thoughts drifted to food. Am I hungry because I'm hungry, or am I hungry because I'm bored? He thought as his stomach growled again. Both.

After what seemed like an eternity, in which some of the people returned from the forest, only to wander off again. In time, a girl returned to the group, calling with joy about her finding of fresh water. Sidney's eyes widened. She had found water! And where there was water, food must certainly be nearby. No matter what, he would have to follow this girl, or the entire group if he had to, to this spot. From there he could decide his next move. As some of the group began to acknowledge the idea, Sidney began planning his route, seeing how best not to be seen when he would be pursuing the group to the source of water.

shinysweety

Years
  • Serena Paige Tipton

"Nice to meet you." Daniella replied. Serena watched her go on her knees, with the Wurmple. She then took some stuff out of her kit and started to take care of the tiny pokemon. "There you go."She said."We'll need to change the bandages every few hours." "Kay" Serena replied to Daniella. That girl seemed really kind, just like Serena, she loved to help pokemon. "Unlike Alexis.." she then thought. Then, Daniella's Oddish walked to the Wurmple. And started to comunicate with it. "Oddish always try to sooth pokemon in pain by talking to them, you see."Daniella said standing back up.

Daniella then wiped a little bit of blood from the Wurmple off of her knees, then walked away for a moment. Serena carefully picked up the little Wurmple. He seemed more calm than before, that was good. Then, Daniella came back and Alexis ran over to shouted, "Hey!" For a moment Serena stared at Alexis, but when she came over she didn't look her in the eyes. "I found something in the forest! My Quilava can lead us back. It's some kind of pond, and the water was... well, it tasted awful really, but it was much better to drink than sea water." Alexis told everyone, pointing to a part of the forest.

Serena looked at where Alexis pointed, it was good she found a good place for water. But Serena still didn't forgive her for suggesting to EAT the pokemon. And a injured one. "So… what have I missed?" she then asked."You found fresh water? Oh, great! Now we can have something to drink! Anyways, about what you missed… we apparently received a note from Lin. It said we should stay close to the beach today, and find food and shelter. She said we shouldn't go too deep in the forest because her 'friends' were too dangerous to be around at the moment. And we're getting 'instructions' tomorrow. For what, I dunno..." Bryn said. . "So, I guess we should probably look for shelter?"

"Well, that pond wasn't too far into the jungle and there were a lot of trees. And maybe some caverns, I'm not sure. Can't really remember," Alexis scratched her head. "But if a storm comes, we should be safer there than here at the beach, no?" Serena felt a little annoyed that Alexis forgot a few things, they needed to know as much as possible to survive. "Uh, I mean, the only thing I've heard about tropical islands apart from them having nice beaches, is that they get hit by tropical storms often. And that about the beaches is true: they are nice. So maybe that about the storms is true too!"

"anyone want more berries by the way? I have some left from earlier." Alexis asked, opening her bag to hand out berries. "I'll take a few thanks" Serena snatched some berries from the bag and stuffed them in her mouth.

miley810

Assassin
    Years
  • Daniella's stomach growled just then, so she gratefully took a few berries and ate them, casually. "Thanks."

Daniella glanced at the wurmple before going deep into thought about the incident with the houndoom...her and oddish.

"Has anybody seen any Houndoom? If so I'd really like to avoid them."She said.

"Odd, oddish!"April said with a nod and worried voice.

"Don't worry April, I won't let anything hurt you."Daniella said soothingly."You'll be ok with me."

April nodded."Oddish!"

Years
  • Jeff silently follows the others, letting his mind wander. Okay, we're getting a nice-sized group together here. I wish they could cooperate a little better, but people will be people. For now, let's just figure things out. Survival first.

As he follows Alexis (a strange girl, and something about how she acts confuses Jeff), he speaks up about his thoughts. "It's good that we're finding our way around, but has anyone with a flyer tried scouting the area a little? Call me silly, but that dream implied we'd be helping people. Maybe we should search for them? Oh, and don't actually call me silly."

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Alexis Blur

Serena and a few others snatched some berries from Alexis bag, and she felt good about having done something that people found useful. She noticed someone listening to what she had said about the pond, but that guy (Dylan) didn't seem to want to approach her about it, so she shrugged and prepared to leave anyways.

"It's good that we're finding our way around, but has anyone with a flyer tried scouting the area a little? Call me silly, but that dream implied we'd be helping people. Maybe we should search for them? Oh, and don't actually call me silly," Jeff suddenly said.

"Oh! Emonga can do it!" Alexis said, shining up. She was in a way better mood now after having some food. Her squirrel flew around above the beach, already taking a look at the island. "Come down!" her trainer called, and the squirrel flew down. "What did you see? Was the island big?"

Emonga looked like she didn't really know how to express it. Alexis didn't understand her words anyways...

((OOC: I don't know what the island looks like, duh :p but PokeGirlJade could maybe let us know?))

"Uh... maybe someone who can ride their flying pokémon should do it instead," Alexis muttered unwillingly. Better to survive and learn stuff than to die here just because she wanted to be the most useful person, after all. She swallowed her pride for a moment.

shinysweety

Years
  • Serena Paige Tipton

Swallowing the last piece of the berries she took, then Daniella said, "Has anybody seen any Houndoom? If so I'd really like to avoid them." Obviously, something must have happened that Daniella didn't feel comfortable around Houndooms. Her Oddish then said, "Odd, Oddish!" Her Oddish seemed scared to. "Well, so far there's been no sight of ANY pokemon, except Winguls and the Wurmple of course." Serena pointed out, But it was true. Then, Serena heard Jeff's voice speak, he said. "It's good that we're finding our way around, but has anyone with a flyer tried scouting the area a little? Call me silly, but that dream implied we'd be helping people. Maybe we should search for them? Oh, and don't actually call me silly."

"Oh! Emonga can do it!" Alexis suddenly said. Serena stared at Emonga in the air, I wonder what it would look like..." Serena thought, still looking. Suddenly Serena got startled by Alexis's voice calling out for her pokemon. Serena had been thinking so hard, that it gave her a fright. "What did you see? Was the island big?" she asked. It would be a better idea if the pokemon could actually talk, or write a message. "This isn't gonna work ya know." Serena said, in a convincing voice. As she raised a eyebrow Alexis replied, "Uh... maybe someone who can ride their flying pokémon should do it instead,"

Well that was a more sensible idea, "Good idea." Serena said, almost immediately. "Anyone got a flying type pokemon?" Serena jerked her head back at the sky, Emonga was coming back down and the sun was coming back out the clouds. Glaceon gave a slight putt of amusement and sat down waving her tail around, and so did Cash. And Petal was standing right next to Cash.

miley810

Assassin
    Years
  • "Crud. The one time I go on a trip without Pidgeot. Um...Ok we can make a fire, but besides healing I'm probably not much help."Daniella admitted.

Daniella felt her other two pokeballs wiggling, so she sighed and released them. She got on her knees.

"Yes?"

"Cynda!"

"Gla!"

Both's stomach growls. Daniella fished around in her backpack to find the nice sized jar of pokemon food. She opened it and fed her pokemon out of the palm of her hand. Once the three were finished she screwed the lid back on the jar and put it back in her back pack and stood up,=.

"Ok, we've got pokemon food...just not a life time supply of it."Daniella said sighing."I did not sign up for this...I guess life goes on, right? And this Lin person, sound's like she really needs help. So I guess its better to help her than to be mad and go on, right?"

"Oddish!"

"Cyndaquil!"

"Glaceon!"

April, Drew, and Indigo began playing around a bit, and Daniella's eyes fallowed them.

"Ok guys we're in a situation."Daniella said to her pokemon, who snapped to attention." This girl named Lin 'sent a dream' to all of us when we fell asleep. So now we're here on her island, and we've got to be careful and help her ok?"

After explaining a little more detailedly, her pokemon nodded.

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
    Years
  • Somari had followed the group, but had made sure to keep his distance. If there was one thing he knew, it was to try not to be noticed.

However, at this point, he knew the Pokémon of his were probably hungry at this point. He sighed, as he let them out. And Overshock was being quiet on his shoulder, still feeling a little in pain.

"Alright", he said quietly, though not necessarily in a whisper, "You hungry?"

"Growl!" , the little Growlithe his said.

"Pi...", Pikachu lightly said.

With this, Somari pulled out some food, and let them eat.

RolePlayGirl 11

ღ Ranger Girl
    Years
  • Cindy

Cindy wanted everything that happened, she then walked over to the group with Bryn there. Cindy wanted to help the Wurmple to, so she wen't over to it. "Is it ok?" she asked, Cindy carefully picked up the Wurmple and checked it's bottom, it seemed to be a boy. "This Wurmple is a male." she said. Cindy put the Wurmple back down on the rock and stood up. "Who helped the Wurmple?" Cindy asked curiously.

Cindy wanted to know who helped the cute little guy, he was so kind she couldn't believe Alexis wanted to eat it. Cindy thought she had that she was a vegetarian? and besides, it's wrong on so many levels. Just so high, you know?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Nobody seemed to own a flying type and some people started talking to their pokémon but no one took charge. Alexis grew bored of this incompetent bunch of trainers and sighed. "Well, I think it's getting dark soon, so I'll head back to the pond I found and... somehow find some shelter there. You can sleep on the beach or follow me, whatever."

With that, she let Quilava lead her back along the beach and a little ways into the jungle before they rather soon found the pond again. There was indeed some caves there, right next to the waterfall. This could be like a spa vacation, if it wasn't for the risk that it wouldn't end for quite some time. Okutan greeted them when they came up to the pond, and climbed ashore. The four of them found a nice and rather big cave closest to the waterfall and thought that it would be a nice place to stay in and maybe sleep in. At least if they made it a bit cozier. So they went out to gather some big leaves and stuff to make some kind of bed with.

"First class, eh?" Alexis joked when they stood beside the 'bed' after having collected a nice pile of not so very soft leaves.

shinysweety

Years
  • Serena Paige Tipton

Serena got bored of watching Alexis pokemon flying around, so she just looked down at her pokemon. "Well, I think it's getting dark soon, so I'll head back to the pond I found and... somehow find some shelter there. You can sleep on the beach or follow me, whatever." Alexis's voice sounded tired, just like Serena. It was long day, and they had slept through the most of it. Serena looked around for a moment, "No bed? Seriously, it would be nice if this 'Lin' had given something cozy." Serena complained. Her Glaceon, Herdier, and Lopunny all nodded in agreement.

The wind grew stronger, and Serena started to get cold and started to wish she had brought a jacket or something. Her pokemon were all on the ground looking tired and the sun was starting to set, but it might take a hour to get dark. Which would make the Island pretty dark. Serena didn't feel tired a single bit, she wanted to stay up and explore the forest. Serena's pokemon were staring up at the sun for a bit. The sun was a beautiful hot red, surrounded by blue and pink aurora sort of mist. It was truly a beautiful sight to see. But she couldn't imagine staring at it, even as a pokemon.

She then noticed Cindy over at the Wurmple. She was a OK girl for a poor girl, you know. Serena walked over to Cindy and the Wurmple, she heard Cindy say that he was a boy. "Hi there," Serena started, "Be carefuly when you carry the pokemon Cindy." Serena said. Staring at the Wurmple, imagining it was a beautiful Beautyfly.

MMGiru

Dilettante Extraordinaire
    Years
  • After confronting Ambition, Dylan hadn't done much. He'd pivoted his body while still crouched, taken a step back, and settled himself beside Ambition. While neither of them looked at each other, Sage turned to resume watching the crowd. No one had seemed to notice their activity. That may be a useful trait to invest in.

It seemed the others hadn't done much either. The well-dressed-wurmple-carrier was eating something, that seemed like it came from the bag her Alexis-nemesis was offering, which confused Dylan slightly. Passing it by, Dylan observed the rest of the group. Medic-Daniella was taking the skinny-hungry-one up on her offer of berries, before asking if anyone knew anything about Houndoom, thereby frightening her Oddish, and then comforting it. While this was going on, the walks-with-women man of about Dylan's age put forward a thought on the Situation Proper. Namely, he'd proposed someone use a flying pokemon for reconnaissance, and for finding the people they were supposed to help.

While Dylan was relieved someone else was proposing things rather than himself, an idea about the people they were meant to help occurred to him which he did not share.

In response to the Alexis-follower, the followed-Alexis in question put forth that her Emolga could do the job. A couple of problems presented themselves to Dylan with some immediacy. Namely, Emolga was (a) rather like a squirrel, rather than a large bird, and (b) incapable of human speech. Her nemesis expressed the essentials of his thoughts as well.

When Alexis asked the group who had a flying pokemon, Dylan, with the growing assumption that no one was paying him any attention, simply looked around the rest of the group for their responses. The answer was no, it seemed. In fact, the medic pointed out that this was "The one time I go on a trip without Pidgeot." After this she released her pokemon, one of which was another Glaceon, and explained the situation to them.

Another few moments of this and Alexis sighed with obvious irritation at the group. Her expression made Dylan smirk and breath a small jet of air from his nose: his variant of the snorting laugh had the advantage of not actually snorting. The only sound it made was a quiet, fast hiss. She didn't seem to notice before she spoke.

"Well, I think it's getting dark soon, so I'll head back to the pond I found and... somehow find some shelter there. You can sleep on the beach or follow me, whatever."

I don't know that we'll be seeing a lot of people stay on the beach, now you've offered yourself as leader. Such were Dylan's thoughts. His smirk faded when he came to a realization. Oh, I'm getting comfortable enough to fully regain my personality. That will be less embarrassing, at least.

Dylan made a point to wait until everyone heading into the forest had done so, in order to be behind them all. He had little fondness for being in front of others, and no longer had any reason to put himself in such a situation. Aside from working on his issues with it, which was... unlikely.

From his distance he could see the tail end of the party heading in, which was about to his liking. The trip was well within the distance that Lin's message had implied, the group being able to see the clearing in the trees somewhere between ten and fifteen minutes away. Still, Dylan had never much cared for the forest. The amount of cover that he neither know how to, nor much wanted to put effort into taking advantage of, had disquieted him on his trip through Petalburg, and was having the same effect here.

He had one of those peculiar moments where one thinks they hear a sound behind them before dismissing it as imagination. Except that this time he didn't get a chance to dismiss it, before Ambition started growling. Dylan stopped with one foot in the air, just over halfway to its destination. He found a backpack slightly detrimental to the cause of dramatic footing, though he'd enough practice to work it for long enough to turn his body towards where he'd heard the noise and place the hovering foot facing an appropriate direction. He stared into the forest, his expression blank rather than sleepy.

After ten or so seconds of this, Dylan checked with Sage, who was looking into the forest as well. He cursed in his mind. Legitimate, then.

"Come on," he mumbled. Hoping to get this business over with minimal effort, Dylan did something he was not overly fond of. He spoke loudly, towards something he couldn't see, in a forest.

"Show yourself!" There were positives to his speaking loudly, one being that his voice came out deeper when doing so, the other that his voice took on a slight Hoenn accent, which he rather liked.

But after he'd said it, he remembered his idea from a quarter-hour prior. The one regarding Lin's friends; that Lin, being presumably not human and therefore, in all probability a pokemon, would likely have friends that were other pokemon. These being the friends that were "acting strangely" and "too dangerous to be around".

Well, at least he didn't have to walk over there. He cursed in his mind again.

Years
  • Jeff follows after Alexis (a rather bad habit he seems to be getting into), noticing her claim a cave and make a bed. "First class, eh?" Jeff gives it a questioning glance, but shrugs. "Works well enough. You've found a nice little spot, but I'll find a different cave. Let you have your own space." He finds a smaller cave, furthest from the waterfall. He sends out his Pokemon, Buizel diving straight into the pond. Pinsir trims nearby trees to make a makeshift bed in Jeff's cave, while Grotle sits around waiting to be useful.

After preparations are done, Jeff looks over the area again. "Well, we have a base camp at least. If we're going to be shipwrecked, at least we have a place to stay."

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    "Works well enough. You've found a nice little spot, but I'll find a different cave. Let you have your own space," Jeff commented when Alexis had finished the 'bed'. The red head girl watched him go, for some reason a bit disappointed. Emonga landed on her shoulder and bonked her head with her little fist.

"Um, sorry," Alexis said, laughing shamefully. Had she expected Jeff to want to sleep in her cave, or what? Of course not! Um.

It wasn't dark quite yet, but the sun wasn't visible over the treetops anymore and gave an orange glow to the pond and the area around it. Alexis went out to sit by the pond, letting Okutan dip his tentacles in it and dipping her feet as well, not really thinking about that that was their only drinking water and that her dirty feet maybe shouldn't be in there. She was just happy to get out of her boots. She had hung them up in a tree outside the rocky hill with the caves, along with her coat and headband. Thinking he could help with that, Marashi the Quilava placed himself under the tree and lighted a small fire on his back to dry the clothes.

"Oh... I didn't even think of that," Alexis said, scratching her head. "Good that you're smart," she told Marashi, who only smiled quietly back at her.

The girl sighed and watched her feet in the water, the air around them falling darker and even more orange. She was tired, she noticed now. Really tired...

Back