• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sustaining the hype

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Got to be careful with being hyped. But considering that these are the final gen 7 games, i say that these games would be the beat of the generation.

pkmin3033

Casually reviving this topic to gauge interest again. We've had no news or trailers since announcement day, CoroCoro is a bust this month, and there is fear of another two month news drought as was seen with Sun/Moon.

How are your excitement levels vs. your frustration/indifference levels in the face of all this? Still looking forward to the games, or casting your attention elsewhere for the moment? Those of you who have tactics to keep yourself interested - how long do those work without any new info whatsoever?

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
    So far, I have purchased Dragon Quest V and I am enjoying it. I am watching reruns of a show I used to watch (I had missed quite a few episodes and watching it again, I am seeing and noticing different things).

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years
    I don't really care atm about the lack of new info for some reason...I guess it has to do with how I didn't want too many spoilers anyway. Still I hope to see at least one or two things at some point.

Playing the current games is still enough somehow.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    My hype level is at about 2 out of 10 right now. Every month that goes by with no new information I'll drop it by one.

blue

gucci
    Years
    The hype for Sun & Moon died down for a couple of months initially before it peaked after we started getting a consistent flow of info. Once the first trailer drops, I'm hoping it will be similar to S/M updates in that we get frequent updates until the release.

Years
    More news would get the hype up again. This stale amount so far is not doing any favors for GF.

I can admit that going for a long news drought has positives and negatives. The pros is that it cuts down on the amount of spoilers before release, but it unfortunately also has a major con in that it makes people not feel motivated.

This section's discussion has also been on a decline lately, solely due to the lack of new info. We only have a trailer that announced the games so far, and that's nothing to easily go off of.

pkmin3033

It would make more sense for them to concentrate trailers and news around the time of release, to drum up interest when it matters the most and - if we're getting a demo - minimise leaks and spoilers. There is always more to be had from a reveal than is initially revealed as people inevitably pick it apart, so they need to be careful with it. Better to start later rather than sooner in this case, perhaps.

It is very difficult to sustain active interest for months when there is no information out there though, so it's a delicate balance.

Back