• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

T.V. Advertisements

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    You know what's worse than the general concept of an annoying commercial? When you're watching a touching movie (I was watching Cast Away) on a channel like TBS, you'll really get into the drama of the movie and the emotion when BAM lol ur watchin TBS very funny lol look at theze comerzials that havv tlking elefants in dem lol. A mood destroyed...
    if TBS is supposed to be so funny, then why do they put dramatic movies on it?

Ever since this one period in my life, I realize that subliminal messages can't affect me and instead I just get annoyed by them trying to tell me what's good and what I need because they don't know who I am and they never will understand who I am.
    I also hated when I was watching Pokemon and those annoying childish commercials would come on. The only channel I felt that I was being catered to was when watching anime like Inuyasha on Adult Swim. I miss watching AS sometimes.

Poke Trainer Gary

Optimistic
    Years
    Crystal Clair, almost same with me. More than 5 advertisements would there in at least 1 episode. So its very boring, but advertisements nowadays are funny and entertaining. Anyway, I don't like 'em.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I'm much more annoyed when watching midnight anime here in Japan.

Happily watching Nogizaki Haruka's Secret.

Advert tiem.

"FFFFFFFFFFF Louise Françoise de la Bamue le Blanc de la Vallière, get off my screen. NOW."

I know Zero no Tsukaima sells well, but Louise has grown to annoy me greatly.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    Well I don't really watch tv that much anymore, so it doesn't really matter to me... ^^" Some are really annoying, but some are kind of funny too, so meh. I don't really care. It does get annoying though, the few rare times I am watching tv and they come on. *sigh*

-Neko

Guest123_x1

In the past few years, with programming costs supposedly "going through the roof" and especially with the transition with Digital Television, advertising on broadcast TV has risen considerably. (not to mention the quality of first-run programming in decline-especially on over-the-air broadcast networks)

There are plenty of TV (and radio) ads that I find annoying, including the following:

• Target's "Good Buy, Hello!"
    • All of these so-called "technical institutes" (such as IADT, ITT, Everest-yah we know we all need to "call now" and "train now!) (The Everest ads, in particular, are all over the UHF dial, especially the "Big Two" Detroit UHFs-WXON (actually WMYD) and WKBD)
    • All of these prescription drug ads (drives me nuts how they depict people in these commercials as so "happy-go-lucky" while mentioning (they have to) "rare, but serious side effects"-is it any wonder that no other country in the world other than the US and NZ allows these kind of ads on TV?)
    • CASH4GOLD.com : How can they give money the very next day after you send your jewelery through the mail?
    • Kinoki Foot Pads : Didn't 20/20's John Stossel debunk the claims backing these several months ago? Second, "FDA REGISTERED" yah right!
    • Cambridge Credit Counseling (especially the one with the number on screen jumping from $21,000-something to more than $27K as the man stands and explains how much you can pay on an $11,000 credit card balance)
    • "Over The Limit, Under Arrest" : (they're "cracking down like never before" every year)
    • SMCandYou (as well as 2StartWithSMC and EarnWithSMC, and the like)
    • "Dead Serious" : Just how will a ban on incandescents and requiring us to fill our homes with mercury stop global warming?
    • The "Call 24 Hours 7 Days - This is a Consumer Alert" medical law firm spot (apparently from Texas) with such a annoying background of waves bouncing and that kind of stuff-about recalled Medtronic defibrillator leads and the suspension of Trasylol.
    • FORMAN MILLS! (really annoying announcer shouts the business's name in these commercials-runs on TV stations in Metro Detroit)
    • All of those Metro Detroit hospital ads (Beaumont, Bostford, Henry Ford, etc.)

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    TV commericals are put of TV I have much some much its just like an auto tune out so I really dont mind commericals the TV stations got to make the money some how.As for movies getting intense and your at a climax just rent them or by them on DVD.I admit some commericals are stupid oh well when I see them I just change the channel go to the bath room or get a drink so it really doesnt bother me.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I find most commercials entertaining, actually. XD; For the most part, though, the commercials are when I get up and go get things before my show comes back on. I know it sounds terribly lazy, but I really don't want to miss my show when I'm watching it. XD;

When I don't have to get things, though, I usually sit through the commercials. I find them amusing for some reason. XD;

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    I wish I had DVR. The commercials definately eat up time. But it really varies on how I respond to a commercial. It depends on the location of the remote though XD and the commercial itself. But if it weren't for commercials, I probably wouldn't be as updated about upcoming games (ex. Rock Band 2 has wierd commercials that interrupt the show for a split second telling you the date it comes out). But some also pick their target audience very poorly. Like car dealerships advertising on Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon. So commericals can be beneficial as well as very useless.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I really don't mind commercials anymore because I have a DVR. I can fast forward through them. And I can do something else like get a snack, make a phone call, or check something online while they are on. Besides some commercials are pretty good. Especially the ones about information about college, your job, or cool gadgets. XD Or a new food item they have. But anyway, how will the cable company or anyone will get paid? How will they pay their sponsors? Yep with commercials.

Mario The World Champion said:
    Someone mentioned those freecreditreport.com commercials. I'd like to break that guy's guitar over his head.

ROTFL! Yeah those commercials can be pretty annoying. We know that your identity was stolen dude, you don't need to sing about it.

Last edited:

Guest123_x1

Yeah those commercials can be pretty annoying. We know that your identity was stolen dude, you don't need to sing about it.
    Speaking of identity theft-how about LifeLock- with a big truck driving around disclosing a REAL social security number-that of CEO Todd Davis!

LifeLock actually got sued for false advertising and fraud months ago-stemming from the ad described above.

burningfoot

Prepare Yourself!
    Years
    I'm absolutely fed up of adverts because I always sit through them and have to watch them because I can't be bothered to look away from the TV or change the channel. Plus I'm paranoid that I'll miss a bit of my program if I flick channels. I do like some adverts though, adverts for films I want to see 'cause they're hilarious (I only ever want to see comedies), I like adverts for other programns because they're usually cool, they tell me when stuff I want to watch is on and it usually tells me that my program is finally about to resume. So don't badmouth all ads. The ones I really hate though are Car Insurance, Car Insurance comparison websites, car insurance comparison website comparison websites (trust me, they're coming!) and personal injury claim thingies. They are pointless, irrelevent and don't apply to me! Though I understand why they're on during Top Gear.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    They're boring, and most use a female to sell it, really people, come on

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    I always change it to a different show when one is on this get pissed off when I get into it and miss part of the show ^_^

Back