• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[T] War Between Pokemon & Humans II - Severed Bonds [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Lieutenant Mikkelson
Route 103
Shore

Mikkelson darted back into the reeds, and looked for another target. Mikkelson found one, and shot the Zoroark down. Mikkkelson reloaded, and shot three Pokemon, but the bullets went right through them, and the Pokemon just disappeared. Mikkelson jumped out of the reeds, and shot down a Scyther with his Assault Rifle. Mikkelson rolled behind a rock as a Zoroark jumped at him. Mikkelson hid behind the rock, then looked out of cover and shot at the Zoroark. He missed, and the Zoroark jumped on Mikkelson. Mikkelson struggled to grab his rifle, but the Zoroark scratched his hand, and Mikkelson pulled back his arm. The Zoroark scratched his face, then picked Mikkelson up by his neck. The Zoroark punched Mikkelson with a dark energy, knocking Mikkelson to the ground. Mikkelson rolled to the water's edge, then laid flat. Mikkelson fumbled for his pistol, then drawed it out quickly and shot the Zoroark. Mikkelson jumped up, brushed himself off, and picked up his AR. Mikkelson took aim at a Scizor and shot the Pokemon down. Mikkelson looked behind him and saw a group of Zoroarks circling him. looking around, Mikkelson breathed deep and prepared for a good fight.

(OOC: Short post, but whatever)

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Private Lewis Celston
Route 103, Fort 1
Still more fighting

Lewis whipped up from behind the desk. The Scyther charged at him and he reactively fired. But, it was too close, so he missed. Lewis ducked under the blade that was aimed for his head and swung the butt of his rifle at the pokemon. It simply danced back and swung it's other blade, opening a small cut on Lewis's forearm. He yelped in pain and dropped his gun. A gunshot rang out, and the Scyther's head practically blew up in his face. The Scyther fell to the ground, and Lewis saw another soldier standing in the doorway with a gun. It was Vance.

"Kid, get out of here! With a rifle like yours you need to be back at another fort covering the rest of us!" Vance said. Lewis frowned. It wasn't his fault the general had ordered him here. But he said nothing and picked up his gun. He looked at the myrad of cuts he had, but none were really that serious. Except the one on his arm, but that would be ok.

"Thanks Vance," Lewis said. He walked outside as Vance nodded. He reloaded his rifle and looked around. They were losing ground. It was probably time to get out of here.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
"I'd love to talk, but this isn't a good place to be consulting with thy enemy." Mark said and he pulled off his helmet. "What else did you want to say to me, obviously you wanted something else than knowing my name. so what is it?"

Dartanian hesitated for moment. Lilac may have been able to trust him 15 years ago, but things have changed since then. Finally, curiosity overcame caution. "I was wondering if you could tell me anything about Silence that Lilac might not have known." Now that he said it, it didn't seem like the best reason to be talking to a human, but he couldn't really help himself.

((OOC: Worst post ever... Not really much to work with thought.))

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Mark Vargas
Forest or woods or something like that :D

"I was wondering if you could tell me anything about Silence that Lilac might not have known." Dartanian asked. Why would he know anything. "Well, she owes me seventeen thousand eight hundred dollars for both my rifles that are in pieces somewhere in sinnoh, scratch that, probably ash now. Umm... She scared my face, so it will be impossible for me to ever to forget her... I don't know, I can't think of anything right now." Mark said, walking circles around the pokemon. He pulled out his knife and tossed it up and down. "So then, what do you know about me?" He asked as he caught the knife. He slung his DSG-1 over his back, helmet on his head, and began tossing the knife. Mark caught it on the tip of the blade and threw it at a nearby tree. Probably not the best idea. He walked over and tried to pull it out. It was stuck. "F*ck." He said as he began yanking on the weapon.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Lieutenant Mikkelson
Route 103
Shore

Mikkelson scanned the crowd of Zoroarks around him. There were around ten of them, and a Scyther was in the group as well. Mikkelson grabbed his radio and spoke into the radio,

" General Trace, this is Lieutenant Mikkelson. It has been great serving under your leadership. It looks like it is my day to retire. See you on the far side."

Mikkelson loaded his AR, and stretched his neck. Mikkelson shot one of the Zoroarks, and took aim at another one, and shot that one too. Mikkelson felt two Zoroarks and the Scyther jump on him, the Pokemon scratching and hitting Mikkelson. Mikkelson fell to the ground, and the rest of the group jumped on him. Mikkelson yelled out in pain as the Pokemon scratched at him, and more Zoroarks jumped in. Mikkelson tackled his way out of the dogpile and faced the group of about fifteen Zoroarks. Mikkelson pulled out his M1911 and shot three Zoroarks. Mikkelson loaded and ducked behind a boulder. Looking out of cover, Mikkelson shot two more Zoroarks, before three of them began to maul him. By the time Mikkelson hit the ground, the Zoroarks had almost chewed off his leg, and Mikkelson was covered in scars. Mikkelson tried to crawl away from the Zoroarks, but one grabbed him by the leg, and finished ripping off Mikkelson's right leg. Mikkelson yelled out in pain, and felt the blood flowing out of his body. Mikkelson grabbed his pistol on the ground, and shot down nine Zoroarks, then unloaded his clip. Mikkelson blew the smoke off his gun and said his last words,

" Might as well go out with a bang."

And with that, Mikkelson's world went black.

(OOC: It has been great RPing with you guys, see you in March)

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Private Lewis Celston
Route 103, Fort 1
Retreating

Lewis looked around. It seemed that everyone was falling back. He held his arm as it twinged painfully.

"Don't just stand there kid! Move it!" Vance said as he took off out of there. Lewis nodded and followed him. He heard an explosion somewhere nearby, and a chill went down his spine. This was all too much. He shook his head. He had to keep moving right now. He looked up and saw a Scyther swoop down at him. Unable to even think about raising his rifle in time, he fell flat on the ground. The Scyther hadn't been expecting that and missed him completely. Lewis rolled over on his stomach and took aim at the pokemon. His fingers shook as he pulled the trigger. The Scyther dropped like a stone. Lewis got back to his feet slowly. He had killed four people today. Funny, this morning he had thought that he would just have another boring day, as usual. Lewis turned and ran back toward the second fort, grateful for the cover fire he and the other stragglers where getting. It certainly kept him from being attacked again. He reached the fort and ducked inside. His face was pale, and his rilfe hung on the worn strap on his back. He cradled his left arm, whincing again at the pain.

"Pr-private Lewis Celston reporting!" Lewis managed to gasp out to whoever was nearby that cared who he was.

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
Years
Nick Fizen
Lilycove
Streets

"Great. I'll meet you in front of the Safari Zone with the battalion later on. You meet me there once you hear the order to move out," Nick gave Scott a toothy grin and turned to walk back to the troop he had assembled. As he was walking he felt slight shivering against his neck and saw out of the corner of his eye, Morgan, still perched on his shoulder.
"Are you still crying or are you just cold now?" Nick asked. Morgan stood up straight when she understood he was talking to her.
"A mix of both."
"You're welcome to stay here. The other pokemon will more than make up for just you not being with us."
"No, I'm coming. There's no point in staying here and doing nothing."
"Suit yourself," that was the end of the conversation. Nick finally came to the group, all of which stood up straight at attention in his presence.
"Do any of you need anything before I give my orders?" No one spoke. "Good. In a few moments we will move to the front of the old Safari Zone. Once the order from Herodes is given, we shall move down and around the lake to the south. From there, we will make our way across to Mauville. You water types will have to get myself and the rhyhorn across."
"Yes sir," the swampert and samurott replied in unison.
"Good. Get into formation and move to the Safari Zone building," Nick watched in satisfaction as the pokemon formed up their ranks and moved towards the old tourist attraction. They were in a 7x4 rectangle, with rhyhorn forming the front rank, the two samurott and three swampert right behind them with one rhyhorn on either side, and the charizard were right behind them, one more rhyhorn on either side and the final line was made up of the remaining rhyhorn with the flying types circling above. This created a very nice wall on all sides, and since the rock types were big enough, it worked a lot like the ancient human tactic of the phalanx so that the pokemon in the center could duck down if need be. Nick followed and once they got to the Safari Zone, all they had to do was wait for the order.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Dartanian Quickslash
What ODST said

"Well, she owes me seventeen thousand eight hundred dollars for both my rifles that are in pieces somewhere in sinnoh, scratch that, probably ash now. Umm... She scared my face, so it will be impossible for me to ever to forget her... I don't know, I can't think of anything right now," Mark said, walking circles around Dartanian. He pulled out his knife and tossed it up and down, causing the Gallade to tense up. "So then, what do you know about me?" he asked. He threw the knife and it got stuck in a tree.

"Only what Lilac knows, and that wasn't much," Dartanian said. He got up and dug his blade into the tree next to the knife, making the hole wider so the knife would be easier to pull out. He glanced back at the fighting and said, "I'd better get back. It wouldn't do if I was caught here." He waved his arm at Mark than ran off.

Ieyasu

This statement is false
Years
Khufu Sphynx
Route 121
Outside Safari Zone

Khufu approached the Safari Zone on Route 121, moving somewhere between a walk and a run. A couple dozen Pokemon were following him, part of his unit. So far, they hadn't seen any action in the war, and Khufu found this quite ridiculous. He'd been relieve when he heard from a messenger that the Pokemon were preparing for action near the Safari Zone.

He saw a Typhlosion he recognised as Nick Fizen, the Chief of the PE, and walked slowly up to him. "Sorry I'm late, and especially if I wasn't supposed to be here in the first place," he said, "but my unit hasn't seen any action at all. I might as well be here." He kicked at the ground, looked quickly up at the sky, and continued, "Listen, I know we're here at the Safari Zone, but what for? You may know me from the first war, I was General of the PR, and even then I often had no clue of what was going on. Come on, fill me in."

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
As Vikar's blade began to pierce flesh and muscle, he noticed motion behind him. His left arm's blade retracted and then shot out behind his elbow as he spun to block a vicious blow from a Gallade. Both the Pokemon and the human's bladed arms met with a clash. The Zoroark that Vikar was attacking prepared a Flamethrower to get the human off him. Vikar blocked the flames with his right arm, which he violently ripped out of the Pokemon's shoulder doing further damage to muscles and nerves. The flames were intense and his HUD quickly started reporting external damage to the arm itself, but because it was mechanical he didn't feel a thing.

Vikar had to get out of this position so he leap forward suddenly as the Gallade attacked again, and this time the Gallade hit Vikar in the back. This time he felt a little pain… not much, but enough to let him know he had been hit. The pain brought a small smile to his face as he regained his footing and faced off against the two pokemon. Looking at the two Pokemon Vikar cracked his neck and inspected his damaged arm. The Gallade quickly charged at him slashing with its bladed arm which Vikar blocked with his right arm, and then stuck out with his left as the blade once again changed position forward, but the Gallade blocked it with an energy coated arm. Vikar then quickly swung his leg catching the Gallade in the side causing it to jerk in pain and lose some focus. Vikar took the advantage and slashed at the Gallade cutting deep into its skin causing blood to gush out. The Gallade stepped back to recover, but Vikar pressed the attack and the Gallade was forced on the defensive. Two verses one however required Vikar to keep an eye out for Nocturne, who Vikar no longer saw. Perhaps he had severed all the muscles and completely disabled the creature's arm as planned and it had decided to retreat to heal. Either way it was him verse this Gallade.

Vikar unleashed a barrage of strikes and kicks that kept the Gallade on its guard. Vikar was able to break past the beast's guard, and was able to stab the Pokemon in the chest. The Gallade grabbed Vikar's arm as electricity began to gather around them. Suddenly a large thunderbolt appeared from the sky and struck Vikar directly. Everything went nuts as the sudden blast of electricity surged through Vikar's body. His vision went crazy and everything jumped around chaotically. He backed off for a bit, but the wounded Gallade suddenly unleashed a strange wave of psychic energy by slashing the air. Vikar braced for the attack since he couldn't dodge it. The wave washed over him dealing psychical damage but the strange energy seemed to leak around him and into his mind. The Gallade grabbed the energy and threw Vikar into a tree. Vikar stood up and faced the Gallade with a strange look. Vikar's systems were going haywire and everything looked strange as some of his systems including his eyes were damaged by the thunderbolt.

The Gallade rushed forward and attacked Vikar who defended the attack barely. "Human you don't stand a chance just accept your dead," said the Gallade. Vikar looked into the Gallade's eyes the best he could and he dropped his guard allowing the Gallade to strike him across the chest, but he drove his left hand through the Pokemon's chest. The Gallade looked shocked as his life drained out, and he looked at the gash he had given the human. "How are you not dead human?" asked the Gallade as he fell to his knees.

Vikar did not reply as he stepped back, and then he turned around and left the dying pokemon to die alone. He was badly damaged, but he would survive. He had to evade some of the Pokemon, but once he was past most of them he began sprinting back to the second fort the best he could. His systems were a mess and his hand eye coordination was lacking as his electronic based enhancements were damaged or destroyed. He almost tripped when he tried to activate his speed boost since it felt like the signal only got to his left leg, but his right stayed normal. Thankfully one of the transport VTOLs saw him while on the way to the 2nd Fort and allowed him to get there much quicker.

When they landed there was medical personnel waiting for Vikar tried to wave them off but they kept insisting they needed take him to the medical tent at once to tend his wounds. After arguing for a bit he sighed and agreed. Once in the tent Vikar was patched up, sown up, and then told to rest up. He didn't intend to lie there for long, but while he did he looked at his right arm the best he could with his right eye. The left eye had completely failed at this point along with some other systems. It hadn't been just the Thunderbolt, but the psychic attacks seem to have been causing some internal damage he didn't realize the Gallade was doing. Looking at the arm it was pretty badly damaged and he couldn't retract the blade at all. Laying there thinking Vikar said out loud to himself, "I need a change… being a Colonel alongside trying to be an assassin isn't working. When I get repaired I think I'm going to have them change my primary functions as well. Technology is the human's strength in this war I think I should focus on that strength and not trying to fight them at their level…"

Arsenic

Years
Mark Vargas
Forest

"Only what Lilac knows, and that wasn't much," Dartanian responded to Marks question. He got up and dug his bladed arm into the tree, making a bigger space for the knife to slip out. With a little more force, it slipped out. Dartanian glanced at the fight, then said "I'd better get back. It wouldn't do if I was caught here." The pokemon waved and ran off. "F**king tree." Mark said and kicked it. He ran to the tree line, and glanced up. Mark decided to climb the tree. When he wan on a nice, sturdy branch, he scoped out a big group of Zoroarks. He aimed up to the heart of one and pulled the trigger. The rifle rang out as the 7.62 bullet flew to the Zoroark's heart. The pokemon clutched it's chest and fell over while the one behind it held it's leg. The bullet had gone straight through the first one and lodged itself in the second's upper leg. A few shots later there was a crowd of dead Zoroarks around a mauled body. "Sh!t!" Mark said, sliding down the tree as fast as possible. All the survivors from the first fort were now falling back to the second. He ran against the crowd and stopped next to Mikkelson's mutilated body. He pulled off his Dog tags and joined the crowd and headed back to the fort. A Scyther landed in front of Mark and got tackled to the ground. He quickly pulled out his knife and slit it's throat. He bounced back to his feet, put his knife away and jogged the rest of the way back. He, again, stopped next to the leader of the HR. "Mikkelson is KIA, sir. Just thought you should know." He left the tags on the wall in front of the General and walked down the walkway a bit. He knelt down and rest his rifle on the wall and shot another Zoroark's head clean off it's shoulders.

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
Years
Nick Fizen
Route 121
Safari Zone

Nick looked down, startled by Khufu's sudden appearance.
"What? Oh, we're here waiting for the order to attack Mauville. From here we're moving around the lake just south of here and then move to Mauville from there," Nick stopped and thought for a moment before speaking again. "Well, I have heard of you from a friend of mine, but I was barely two years old when the bomb went off. If you want to know who I heard about you from, we'll need to speak privately," Nick leaned down and whispered in the flareons ear, "I'll keep discrete now and just tell you that you met him in the wreckage of an airplane."
Nick turned and looked at his troop. They were now a bit more scattered, relaxing and waiting for the order to move just as Nick was. They were anxious to move out, but Nick was more anxious to stay. He really didn't want to kill any more humans than absolutely necessary but he didn't want any warriors to die under his command. Nick would like to think he was a good leader and that he had the loyalty of those he commanded, but he had really only just grouped these pokemon together and didn't know them. Still he needed to speak his mind before these pokemon so that they knew he wasn't going to keep something from them without reason.
He walked to the broken doors of the Safari Zone and called out to the troop he had assembled. They all started to move into formation, but he shook his head. "At ease. I'm giving you all one last briefing. We are here to win a war. Keep in mind though, that the humans are living beings too. They have families, wives, husbands, children, just as some of us might have. There are terrible humans in this world. The ones who started this, but I know from experience that not all are bad. When I was very small, at the end of the first war, a human saved my life. That human was betrayed by my own father at one point. Just as there are terrible humans, there are terrible pokemon too. I expect the best out of all of you. Wars are not won through kindness, nor through mercy, but mercy can be shown on the battle field. Let dieing enemies be brought back to be seen by their families one last time. Let them have an honorable burial. Now, by no means, will I not kill. I will be the first into battle and the last one in a retreat. I will lay down my life to take the body of a fallen comrade back to the rest of the troop. No soldier left behind. No soldier forgotten. That will be the motto of our little battalion. I want to see the best out of all of you in battle. That is all," Nick walked down from the stairway and then faced the direction of Lilycove, waiting for Scott to arrive with the order.
Nick felt a tap on his shoulder and turned his head slightly to see a charizard. I had many scars and was missing an eye.
"I didn't join this war to be lead by some pushover," Nick was ready to set his back ablaze if the veteran decided he didn't want Nick to lead but he waited for the other fire type to finish, "I didn't join to be lead by someone with no soul at all either. You seem to fit the bill. You have my loyalty, Chief Fizen. No soldier left behind, no soldier forgotten." The charizard pounded his heart with a fist as he said that.
"Good to know. What is your name?" Nick calmed down and looked the charizard straight in the eyes.
"Dalton, chief."
"Well, Dalton. It's nice to have met you. I get the feeling we'll be moving out pretty soon."

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Cain Trace, General
Route 103
Fort Bravo

Cain heard the last words of LT Mikkelson over the radio.

" General Trace, this is Lieutenant Mikkelson. It has been great serving under your leadership. It looks like it is my day to retire. See you on the far side."

Then, there was static. Those last words made Cain stomach churn. Just like that, one of his Lieutenants was dead. He felt like grabbing his assault rifle, and charging at the first fort, blowing up all of them to hell. But he knew he couldn't do that, especially with the burden of command. It didn't matter though. Once everyone retreated, the Pokemon would come here, and they would unleash hell on them.

"Pr-private Lewis Celston reporting!" an out of breathe man reported to Cain. Cain briefly acknowledged him with a nod as he continued to witness the HR slowly retreating from the fort. He saw another private come up to him and report that the Colonel had made his way to the second fort as well. LT Vargas came up to Cain was well.

"Mikkelson is KIA, sir. Just thought you should know." he said, placing Mikkelson's tags on the wall next to him. Cain walked over to the tags and grabbed them, holding them in his hand as he wondered what to do next. He sighed, and placed the tags in his front chest pocket.

Soon, everyone of the Pokemon were charging now for the second fort. As the Colonel said, many were illusions. So in reality, the numbers were so small. Why would they attack them with such a small force? It didn't add up, and Cain didn't like it. Still, he couldn't do anything about it at the moment. What he could do, however, is kill every last SOB around.

The Pokemon made for the fort. Snipers, heavy gun specialists, and riflemen were all across the rooftops, ready to unleash hell on them. Turrets set up by the engineers were all on standby. Cain got out his own rifle as the Pokemon got closer. He spoke to everyone on the fort over the radio.

" If anyone has them, turn on your thermal detectors to help you identify the real part of the army. On my mark, give 'em hell."

He waited for them to get just close enough. It's often a mystery when the actual notion of close enough is. Do they pass some mysterious imaginary line that the commander implants on the battlefield? Or do they count to ten until the are close enough. Cain didn't know the explanation. He only knew the distance. They were in distance now.

"Mark." He said, and all at once, the HR unleashed a barrage of shots from the second fort down onto the battlefield. The systematic destruction of the Pokemon was ensured, as bullets and blasts rained down from the fort onto the charging Pokemon. Many of the illusions vanished in the confusion, and the real ones fell onto the ground, bloody and battered. Rail guns and rocket launchers dismantled Pokemon bodies as well placed sniper shots subtly removed the heads of the Pokemon from their bodies. Semi-automatic gunmen rain bullets into the bodies of the Pokemon until they couldn't stand the pain and fell dead.

Soon, the charging Pokemon army was dismantled in a singular consistent wave of fire, and cheers erupted among the HR as the battlefield was cleared. Any remaining Pokemon were quick to get away. Still, Cain didn't feel right about the result. It was a battle in which the Pokemon knew they couldn't win...unless...

They weren't looking to win.

And then came the news. Among the hollering of the so-called victorious HR, a single vehicle pulled up, charred from explosion, probably a fire Pokemon, and a Corporal walked out and went up to the General, out of breath. He spoke, still gasping for air.

"Sir, we have a problem."

Herodes
Lilycove
4 hours earlier

When Nocturnal left with the distraction army, Herodes automatically began planning the real conflict, which would be the surprise attack on Mauville. The Humans would be so distracted by the army, by the time news would reach their ears of it, Mauville will have either completely fallen or in the process. Personally, Herodes hoped it would be the latter, so he can see the looks on their faces as the Pokemon basically pulled a fast one on them. They attack Fortree to destroy the long-range city-to-city communications. They attacked Oldale for the distraction, and now they're attacking Mauville to deal the first major blow against the humans. Herodes gathered everyone in the plaza.

"Pokemon get ready! We move off to Mauville with all our might NOW!" He yelled the Pokemon screamed. Soon, the bulk of the Pokemon army and it's members followed Herodes as he led them to the surprise attack on Mauville. The path taken passed right through HR territory on the way to Mauville, but no one noticed much. Herodes picked up the other gathering troops next to the Safari zone as well as his troops numbers increased. Soon, they were coming in right from the East, but that wasn't all. To make sure no reinforcement would be call right away, Herodes had half of the army take the sea path to Mauville, passed Pacifidlog and Slateport. The army was attacking from two sides. Herodes halted the army just in front of Mauville, and then, in a swift hand movement, initiated the charge.

1st Lieutenant John Ranger was in charge of the small amount of forces at Mauville. A scout just yelled through his binoculars.

"Sir! Large incoming Pokemon army heading this way!" he said. Ranger made his way to the front of the city, and observed. The giant size of the army caused Range to almost urinate on himself. But he was able to keep his cool briefly as he stammered to the corporal next to him.

"Ca-call for reinf-f-forcements!" The Corporal quickly went over to the long-distance city-to-city radio. The system was unresponsive.

"Uh, sir...IT'S NOT WORKING!" He screamed. The Lieutenant then proceeded to urinate on himself.

A nearby Sergeant, seeing that his CO was done for, commanded the Corporal.

"Alright, son. Listen up. You're gonna have to manually go over and call for reinforcements. The path from the south is blocked, so you're gonna have to go through Route 117, past the Rustboro tunnel, through Rustboro,through Petalburg Woods, and Petalburg City, and you get reinforcements, you got that?!" He yelled.

"Y-yes, sir!" The Corporal yelled, taking one more look at Lieutenant Ranger, who was now curled up in a ball, sucking his thumb.

Cain Trace, General
Route 103
Fort Bravo

Cain and the others listened to the Corporal's story. There was no time to lose. Cain reacted right away, giving orders all around on the radio.

"Mobilize EVERYONE to move out right away. Everyone, get into the vehicles, and make for Mauville double time!I want extra ammunition, supplies, and guns aboard as well. We're taking it to them hard!"

Cain thought for a moment, then added over the radio.

"Staff Sergeant Spark, LT Vargas, Private Celston, you're with me. Colonel Leroux, once you're better, get back with us from the back of the army."

Cain didn't lose a moment's hesitation, and neither did anyone else, as the HR gathered in their AFVs and took off to Mauville. Hopefully, the city was still fighting back, but the message from the Corporal said they arrived nearly 4 hours ago. Things didn't look good.

(Pokemon players should post about initiating the strike in Mauville, Human players should hold up about arriving in Mauville until a few Pokemon players have posted.)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Alec Languba
Chief of the Pokemon Entente
Mauville City
And so it begins...

I sighed, waiting for Herodes to give the orders to attack Mauville. I didn't have to wait very long, "Pokemon get ready! We move off to Mauville with all our might NOW!" Herodes yelled, and his reply was a huge cheer from the crowd of Pokemon. I didn't cheer though, not this time. Now that I was thinking about it, war was nothing to cheer about. We went of to fight, many lives got lost, and what came from it in the end? The last war gave us fifteen years of peace. Sure, that was better than no peace... but was it really worth it?

I shook my head, there was no time for such thoughts. It was time to attack Mauville.

It wasn't too long before we were finally at Mauville, and I actually smiled. The city was pretty much defenseless. Not only did that make this an easy job, but it also made it one with minimal casualties, assuming we could get it done quickly.

"Y'ready for this?" Tyson asked from beside me.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I replied before I gave Ivy a quick glance, "If we're lucky, we might not need you to do anything here, sis." I said.

"Oh, wouldn't that be nice?" She said with a small smile on her face. "Let's hope it turns out that way."

A moment later the attack had begun, and I almost laughed at how few humans were here to counter us. It was almost pitiful, and it made me feel a bit sorry for the poor saps that had to attempt to fend us off, to no prevail.

I rushed a small group of humans with Tyson, quickly slashing at them all with Leaf Blade before Tyson tossed them all with his large tail. The best they were able to do was leave a small mark on Tyson's tail armor, which he easily wiped off. This was going to be... an interesting fight.

Within a few more moments a few buildings were on fire, thanks to some of the fire types. Some humans were attempting to flee, only to be cornered and killed by some Pokemon. I didn't join in on the killing, but I did slice at some humans here and there.

I felt some pressure pull the hood of my hoodie back a bit, and I instinctively reached up to find the source of the disturbance. There was a small bullet hole in the hood, and a few yards away from me was a human with a gun, his hands shaking.

"Looks like you missed," A sinister smirk crept onto my face. "Too bad I won't." I turned on the human and knocked the gun out of his hand with a Leaf Blade, before I proceeded to blast him with a Leaf Storm. When the storm passed, the human was on the ground, bleeding from multiple gashes all across his body.

"You better run if you want to live." I warned. The human glanced up at me with a confused look for a second, but a moment later he was on his feet and running. As he ran away, a boulder struck him in the side of his head, and I knew it had most likely crushed his skull and killed him. I turned to see a Golem, and I smiled at him. It was a fake smile, but the Golem didn't know that, so he just smirked back before he went to find his next victim.

"Pity," I began, "Looks like none of you humans will make it out of here alive. That is, without a miracle."

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Dartanian Quickslash
Route 103

Before he even rejoined the rest of the Swifts that were still alive, Dartanian stopped. Gun-fire rained down from the fight, slaughtering any Pokemon in sight. He watched, a blank look on his face, yet his mind reeled with horror. With a sinking feeling he skirted around the battlefield and headed for Route 110, which lead would take him to Mauville that the rest of the Pokemon army was currently attacking. As he ran, he thought about what had happened. Herodes must have known they wouldn't survive, so why send them to the fort? Was he really willing to allow his own followers to die, just so they could achieve victory? All he knew was that there was something about Herodes that he didn't like. The emotions he received from him were strange in sinister. Dartanian got the feeling there was something much bigger going on than just a war.

It didn't take long to reach Mauville; it wasn't all that far from the fort they had just attacked. Dartanian stopped to rest, leaning against a tree for support. From the looks of things the attack had already begun. 'time to join the battle,' he thought and ran the short distance left to reach the Pokemon army. He cut down a fleeing human soldier and instantly regretted it, only to shake himself mentally. 'Silence wouldn't have resented killing a retreating human so why should I?' He searched the ranks of the Pokemon for Herodes, but stopped himself. Now was not the time to confront his leader.

((OOC: I'll try to make my next post longer, I swear.))

Arsenic

Years
Mark Vargas
Fort Bravo

Mark Sniped out another Zoroark through the left lung. You could see the look on his face as his life flashed before him. The pokemon started to retreat, and the fort was engulfed in the cheers of soldiers celebrating. "F**king terrorist pokemon." Mark said, criticising there tactics. A man was talking to the General before he said "Staff Sergeant Spark, LT Vargas, Private Celston, you're with me. Colonel Leroux, once you're better, get back with us from the back of the army." "F**king distraction terrorist pokemon." Mark said "Meet you in the IFV then." He climbed in the back with a few other soldiers. "Hey," The driver said "Any of you know how to work the gun?" "More or less, little knowledge is better than none, right." Mark said. The driver waved him up. Mark left his rifle and sat down in the seat next to the driver. He turned on the camera and put his hands on the controls, waiting for them to start moving.

Ieyasu

This statement is false
Years
Khufu Sphynx
Mauville City
Attack!

Nick seemed surprised by Khufu's appearance, but quickly responded, "What? Oh, we're here waiting for the order to attack Mauville. From here we're moving around the lake just south of here and then move to Mauville from there." He paused for a second, looking thoughtful, and leaned down to whisper in Khufu's ear, "Well, I have heard of you from a friend of mine, but I was barely two years old when the bomb went off. If you want to know who I heard about you from, we'll need to speak privately. I'll keep discrete now and just tell you that you met him in the wreckage of an airplane."

The wreckage of an airplane? Khufu thought. Must've been from the old war. He tried to dismiss the thought, but it kept returning to his head as Nick turned away and the Pokemon all continued to wait for the attack signal. Khufu's mind, still not fully enlightened of the attack plan, and without anything to do, kept trying to remember when he'd been in the wreckage of an airplane, but he suppressed the thought each time. Instead, he tried to remember the lay of the land between the Safari Zone and Mauville. Khufu tried to map out the route they'd take around the lake and then into the city, but before it became crystal-clear in his mind, Herodes shouted the highly anticipated orders: "Pokemon get ready! We move off to Mauville with all our might NOW!"

Khufu sat still for an instant as the rest of the army broke out into cheers. "Why are they cheering? It's as if they're happy about this," he wondered. Nobody could hear him above the cheers, and he simply shook his head as he marched into battle. He looked up and looked carefully at some of the Pokemon under his command following him. An Electivire was walking almost ahead of him, a Pidgeotto not far behind, and a Masquerain was beating its wings hard to keep up with them. Which of them will survive? At least one will die before the day is over, I'm sure. I could say one of their names and they'd respond, but if any of them are killed, I could say their names a hundred times and nothing would happen.

Eventually Khufu shook the thoughts from his pessimistic head. Mauville was in sight, and in just minutes, the attack was fully underway. Khufu flicked a Shadow Ball attack at the first human he saw, but the soldier jumped to the side and aimed his gun at Khufu. From this distance, it was impossible to tell what type of gun it was, but Khufu stayed low to the ground. It would be hard for someone to hit him down there. He charged closer to the human, who fired a nervous shot and missed Khufu horribly. It may have gone on and hit another Pokemon, but the human wouldn't know. Khufu blasted him with another Shadow Ball, and he fell back, wounded in the chest. "Just like the old war," Khufu said grimly.

Khufu hit another human with a Shadow Ball, and from a distance, it looked like he was dead. Khufu turned his attention to another human not too far away. Remembering his confrontation in the first war with one human named Mark Vargas, he decided to take him by surprise and use a Fire Fang attack on him. When he'd used it on Vargas, it had inflicted a major wound on the unfortunate human. It should at least do something similar here. Staying low, under enemy fire, he approached the human and attacked, biting him in the leg. The human shrieked in pain and kicked at Khufu, and a huge pain went through Khufu's body. The Electivire had moved in, but didn't come any closer, and simply watched the fight from a safe distance. Khufu wouldn't stand a chance against the armed human, but he had a secret weapon. The man pinned the Flareon to the ground and held him in place with his gun, and smirked at him. But Khufu unleashed a Toxic attack on him, sprinkling a fine, lavender powder in the air on the human. Instantly he could sense something was wrong, and panicked, jumping away from the Flareon, who now was free to whip him with an Iron Tail. Wounded, the man ran away, and Khufu smiled in grim satisfaction.

"Sir, he's up!" Khufu's eyes shot over to the man he'd attacked earlier. He thought he had killed him, but evidently not. The human was getting up, aiming at Khufu with his weapon, but Khufu flicked a Shadow Ball at him in the head, and he fell down hard. Turning to the Electivire, he nodded his thanks for the warning and ordered, "Ren, you go join Chief Fizen's group. See what's going on over there, and help them out if necessary. I doubt they need it, but that's and order!"

Ren, the Electivire, nodded and turned away. He took two steps before turning around, and said, "Yes, sir!" Then he went on his way.

The vicinity was clear for now, so Khufu could rest. His thoughts, once again, came back to the "crashed airplane", but he shook it out. He kept watching for any humans, but there were none. Evidently, they were all somewhere else. The same seemed to be true for the Pokemon, and Khufu soon left to join the rest of them.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024
Papercut Isaac Bannister
To Mauville City

The Jolteon was dashing next to the army at a high speed. He was unusually silent, focusing on their purpose instead of the way; as he climbed up a small hill, his eyes fell into the enormous body mass of the army as it got passed him.

This thing's like football, just less organized..

Papercut continued dashing through the woods next to the road, with the needles of his fur extended, small ions running around his body in a circular motion, like the needles were some kind of circuitry, ready to fire thunderbolts at will. The Jolteon's black eyes were glowing with the young one's excitement, but his smile was only there to relieve the tension and risk of getting killed.
It was impossible to notice the beauty of the scenery - trees, the river in front of them, the hills of the northwest... He was only thinking about what would happen if the PE assaulted Mauville, actually worried for his friend Johny, although he wouldn't admit it. Besides, he tried to kill him.
The Jolteon was running in front of the army at high speed when he saw Mauville; his heart pounded fast as he realised what he was doing, but his expression didn't change and he watched with satisfaction that Herodes' diversion plan in Oldale had worked.
His roar sounded like a thunder, only to raise the army's morale.

"Mauville is ours!"

And Papercut rushed himself forward, now running at the highest possible speed a Jolteon could reach. He was barely visible to the eye - when he suddenly stopped, looking at the house he used to live.
Then he looked back at the furious Pokemon who charged into the town, killing humans without mercy.
And, like a juggernaut, a huge bulwark, the Pokemon army started destroying buildings.

Papercut realised he was now visible in front of the whole army. His eyes flashed and multiple copies of himself appeared all over.

(letting someone else continue)

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Cain Trace, General
On the way to Mauville

With everyone loaded up, the HR army finally began to move out. Cain waited eagerly in the AFV with the others he brought with them. He heard LT Vargas talk to the driver a bit, but he wasn't really paying attention to them at the moment. He was thinking. He had little chance for deep thought in war. Transitioning from one hostile environment to another, however, was one of those chances. He thought about the whole situation, and how the Pokemon basically f***ed them over and pull a fast one. Now, Mauville, one of their central cities in Amity, may fall. No, it probably would.

Cain didn't want to tell the others. He wanted to keep morale high, but the fact was they were coming in too late. The illusion arm had bought the Pokemon just enough time to launch an all-out assault, and Mauville's stationed troops wouldn't do anything about it. But there was no way in hell Cain wasn't going to try. He'll be on the front lines with his fellow soldiers if he had to, but he'll use every ounce of his energy to try and take Mauville back.

Herodes
Mauville

The launch of the two-sided invasion was brutal, and efficient. The humans stationed in the city couldn't hold on for long before Pokemon started flooding in. Herodes launched a Flamethrower at a group of humans, roasting them alive. He laughed maniacally as he did so. It was the good feeling when you kill humans, but probably an even better feeling was watching a good plan coming together...especially if the end result is killing humans.

Herodes and the Pokemon pushed into the city. He observed as his Chiefs, Khufu and Papercut led troops and brought down humans with efficiency. The Infernape was beyond pleased. It would be long now.

But it was only a matter of time before things would go sour. Herodes just didn't think it would be this soon. He saw them coming, dozens upon dozens of vehicles, coming from the direction of Oldale. He thought the distraction force would hold up longer, but he had miscalculated the Humans there, apparently, or overestimated the Spooks. Herodes yelled at the Pokemon around.

"Incoming humans from the south! Show them the meaning of pain!" He yelled

Cain Trace, General
Mauville City

Cain Trace stepped out of his vehicle to be right in front of a Flareon. Before it could attack him, he hit it with the back of his gun, opened it's mouth forcefully, and unloaded a full clip of bullets into it's brain. Pretty. He threw down it's carcass, and looked back at his men. Determined and ready, he hoped the others shared his feelings. He wanted to say something to them, but anything needed to be said could already be understood. Instead, he nodded back at his troops, and charged forward.

Arsenic

Years
Mark Vargas
Mauville City

The ramp of the IFV lowered and everyone climbed out. Right away, Mark scanned the rooftops for a good set up. He heard gunshots and his head snapped in their direction. The general threw a body to the ground and gave a nod to his army. They charged forward. Mark stepped out of there way, but stopped the last, twenty or so soldiers. "Secure this area," He was yelling over the gunfire "I know it might not be the best objective, but if we need to retreat or evac anyone, we'll need the area clear!" "Right away, Sir!" One of the soldiers yelled back. They moved out and locked down the convoys temporary resting place. He spotted a tower a klick or so away. He jogged to it, passing by embattled soldiers, bodies from both sides, mostly pokemon though. Mark busted through the door and then through the door to the stairs. It took 4 minutes to get to the Helipad he had noticed going up the stairs, but at last, he was there. He ran down a small set of stairs onto the helipad suspended over the city from the side of the building. Mark laid down on it's blue surface and looked down his sight. Pretty good vantage point. He took aim at a weavile and fired. 2 bullets flew through the air, one to the neck, the other to the heart. The pokemon grasped it's neck with a shocked look in it's eye, shocked it had been shot, when the second bullet hit, it dropped to the ground. Mark shot at another zoroark, but the weapon just clicked. He loaded in a new clip and tried again, successful this time. The pokemon flew back dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back