• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[T] War Between Pokemon & Humans II - Severed Bonds [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
(If you would like me to stay longer in your tent or escape differently because you think I escaped unfairly, say so.)

Mark Vargas
Lilycove
Leaving the tent (Finally)

0:00:00, Mark felt a jolt as his suit gave the cure to paralysis, power armor was the best invention a soldier could ever wish for. He gripped the knife, being able to move his hand felt nice. His H.U.D finally popped back up, health, ammo/weapon counter, inventory, threat level, damage indicator, and more functions not currently in use came back online. The PE's leader swung by, told them to "Dispose of him." That didn't sound good. The second Herodes turned around, while the chiefs were paying attention to there leader, Mark broke out of the vines with a quiet *Snap*. He could barley hear it snap it was so quiet. Mark lifted up the cloth wall behind him and slipped under, they wouldn't miss him.
Now it was just him and his trusty combat knife who knows how far behind enemy lines. A great first step would be to find something better than his trusty 'ol knife, though he wouldn't go anywhere without that knife, It's been with him since he first joined up in the first war, when he was Private Vargas, no reputation whatsoever. Mark drifted among the shadows, along the sides of buildings until he couldn't see the tent he was held in anymore. He slid into an ajar door before a Wartortle and Typhlosion with green flames passed by. Hopefully they didn't see him, just to be safe though, he should probably jump to the other building, it didn't look that far. Mark barreled up the stairs, and onto the roof. The jump was doable, it would be sketchy as hell, but possible. Mark got a good running start, sprinted till he was right at the edge and leaped to the other rooftop, roughly 25 feet from one roof to the other. Finally, relative safety. He went in and down a couple floor to, floor 12. In one of the apartments there was a nice big couch, he pushed it down the stairs, along with a table and a wardrobe and a bed, which was hardest to get out of the room. He went over to the next room and took all the empty cans and hung them by strings in front of the door, a makeshift alarm. Mark noticed a large gathering of pokemon. "F**k" He whispered to himself. Mark checked his recording equipment.

Mark had found a nice area, he could easily record what the PE's leader was briefing to his troops, every word. He got the info about the 50 diversion troops going to Oldale. He needed to get there before Fortree and warn them. Mark crawled back around the building and out of the bushes that had hidden him and back into his building. He walked into the elevator and hit the button that goes to the 13th floor, as he stabbed out the 12 button to prevent easy access. He just hoped no one had seen him while he was recording there 'meeting.' Mark walked out and down the stairs to the 12th floor and looked at the blocked stairs, that would take time to move. He slowly opened the door to 'his' room, as to prevent much noise from his makeshift alarm of cans smacking together. He walked out of the main room and into the bedroom and sat on the bed, tapping away at the Tac Pad on his arm, knife by his side in case someone entered.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Gilbert
Lilycove Beach
Rumble, a Friend or Foe?
Gilbert simply smiled as Rumble proclaimed him as the foolish one.

"I know nothing? Hmmm well we'll just have to see about that. I honestly don't know what you're planning and to be honest I'm wondering if I even care anymore. All I know is that if it turns out to be something I don't agree with don't think I'll hesitate to fight you... you can't even begin to know what you're dealing with. My very blood alows me to know more about this than you so don't get to cocky lest you doom both yourself and Thanatos." Gilbert smiled.

"You can tell can't you?" Mandel asked.

"Yes, he knows you're here." Gilbert replied.

"I don't know if you can hear me or not Rumble..." Mandel said.

"But don't underestimate this boy. His heritage allows him to know more than you think and he's already seen more war then I have... don't take him lightly." Mandel smiled

"My old friend... be careful..."

Gilbert smirked and gave a loose hand signal to Rumle over his shoulder as he left.

"See you later Rumble, lets hope the next time we meet its under better terms!"

Mandel faded back into the leaf amulet and Gilbert dashed into the city.

Trust Rumble or fight him? It was a hard decision for Gilbert at the moment but either way it was apparent he had to keep an eye on him.​

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Tzeetith
Lilycove
Outside

Tzeetith was not pleased Cerberus had just brushed him off like the PE's leader had. Tzeetith was very prideful and being disregarded after standing up for the Mewtwo didn't sit well with Tzeetith's pride. Deciding to just go back to Nivok headquarters Tzeetith started to leave just as Mark was making his escape. The human was unaware of the Haunter that was moving in the shadows close. Tzeetith almost sounded the alarm, but he decided not to almost out of spite for Cerberus. "Perhaps instead…." Muttered Tzeetith out loud to himself as an idea formed in his mind.

Tzeetith entered the building using his gaseous body to quickly beat Mark to the upper floors undetected. Once inside one of the rooms his ghost form took that of a human, and then a few seconds later he looked completely human. Pulling out a special satellite radio he kept on him that used a devoted satellite his "associates" controlled he made a quick call before walking out of the room to find the escaped prisoner.

A Bisharp had heard Mark moving furniture and was investigating the building with two Pawniards when Mark entered the elevator. The Bisharp watched the elevator climbed to the 13th floor. Knowing that most pokemon took the stairs the Bisharp came to the conclusion it was a human. He quickly charged up the stairs with the two Pawniard behind him. The stair blockade took the Bisharp about a minute to cut through the various furniture that made up the blackade with his bladed arms. Wood splitters, fabric and stuffing when everywhere as the Pokemon quickly removed the obstical like he was some sort of living chainsaw. Once through the blockage he found the 12th floor door still ajar so he sent one Pawniard upstairs to check out the 13th floor, while he checked the 12th. Slowly the Bisharp went room to room carefully opening the door and checking each room, until he opened the door to one and the makeshift alarm made noise alarming Vargas that he had been discovered.

The Bisharp and Pawniard charged in when they realized that someone had set up the cans, and they cornered the knife wielding human in the bedroom. The two pokemon stood there facing off the human with a knife both knowing the human didn't stand a chance. The Bisharp stood there with a cocky look on its face almost teasing the hopelessly outmatched human with just a little knife. "So how should I kill you human? Slowly and painfully or quickly and painfully?" said the Bisharp with a sinister voice as he ran one of his hands across one of his arm blades. He then added, "I guess the better question is how many pieces should I…"

The Bisharp's eyes grew to the size of plates with a shocked look on his face a split second before a strange colored sword burst out of his chest. The blade then moved upward cutting its way out from the Pokemon's heart as the Bisharp's eyes glazed over and he began to fall lifeless to the ground. The Pawniard turned around just in time to see the cruel blade as it cut through its throat. The Pawniard's head rolled off the body as the blade finished its beheading strike. In one swift motion the sword wielder slashed the air to remove most of the blood and then put the blade back into its sheath as the Pawniards limp body feel to the floor quickly creating a pool of black blood that stained the old grey carpets of the apartment.

"You're not a very good spy. I would think the Human Republic would have sent someone a bit more… experienced or at least better armed… that little knife isn't going to protect you against most pokemon," said the mysterious human in a smooth uncaring voice as he stepped over the bodies. "My name is Sindri… I'm a spy for an organization not quite associated with the Human Republic, but still devoted to defeating the Pokemon," said Tzeetith in his human form as he reached out a hand offering the Lieutenant a friendly handshake.

Vikar Leroux, Colonel
Oldale
Inspecting the Defenses

Vikar was talking to the Major who was in control of the defenses. The Major had done a good job setting up the defenses before the main bulk of the army ever reached the town. He had cut down most of the trees within 1,000 meters of the main defensive line. In fact they had also removed any large rocks that the Pokemon could use as cover. This created a wide open field with no cover for the pokemon to hide behind as they advanced on the human position. Vikar watched as a mine laying vehicle slowly moved across the frozen terrain placing down light anti-infantry mines in the areas surrounding Oldale. "We might not have as many turrets and such as Fortree, but we do have mines. If the Pokemon try to attack from anywhere but the main road they will soon discover that the lack of cover is only one of their worries. We don't have a lot of mines, but enough to scare the pokemon into watching their step a little better. The idea is to slow them down in the open so our defensive fighting positions can tear them apart while they are trying to avoid stepping on any surprises," explained the Major as Vikar looked over the several improvised bunkers made from dirt with wood supports. Vikar nodded as General Trace's convoy entered the town.

"Good job, Major… it looks like General Trace just arrived so I need to be going," said Vikar cutting off the Major who was talking about every detail of the defense plan. The Colonel then exchanged salutes with the Major before walking back into the town to find the General. Walking up to General Trace, Vikar saluted and said, "Sir, looks like the local defense force already set up a good defensive perimeter. We could use a few more heavy weapons either from turrets or bring in a tank or two, but overall it's a good start. Also I was wondering if you had any sort of plan for this defense?"

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024
Rumble Hannibal
Beach

Humph. Pure hearts. They don't understand the meaning of death.

Rumble's terrifying gaze was traveling from one corner of the ocean to the other. He didn't seem to notice Gilbert left. His dark green figure seemed like a ghost wandering around in the sand.

Though, they are determined. Still can't believe how that kid will fight ME... I can blow his mind apart and give an end to his meaningless life. And take as souvenir that pendant...

"Whatever.. Gilbert is not important right now. But, he will get dangerousss.. ly.. annoying."

His amber eyes flashed in the darkness. Now that the sun had fallen, the darkness was veiling the figure on the beach, ironicly taking Rumble's sanity away.

(Lu, I'm gonna need an answer on Thanatos.. can't have Rumble on forever)

The warden

I'm back!
Years
Private Wayne Morris
Oldale Town
Barracks

Having finished sharpening his sword in preparation for the upcoming battle, Wayne though that maybe a rest or a quick training session would be a good idea. The General was now talking to two other high ranking officers, one was a Colonel, the other a Lieutenant. Wayne put his sword away in his sheath and hoisted his gun onto his right shoulder and set off to the training area. He passed the officers talking on the way and couldn't help but hear what they were saying.

"We could use a few more heavy weapons either from turrets or bring in a tank or two, but overall it's a good start. Also I was wondering if you had any sort of plan for this defense?" The Colonel was saying. Heavy weapons, that was his game. He turned and marched up to the officers. He towered over them but he was used to that by now, having been that way for most his life.

"Private Morris. At your service. Sir." He said, in his heavy accent, saluting at the same time. He stood at ease and continued. "Permission to speak freely. Sir."

He waited until he had permission and then continued. "I couldn't help hearing that you need heavy weapons. That is what I do." He said patting his rail gun. "If you need me General, I'm here."

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
Years
Nick Fizen
Lilycove
With the rest of the crowd

Nick stood respectfully to the side of Herodes, hands behind his back. When Herodes was done and had assigned the zoroark who was in some way related to Lydia lead of the swifts, Nick decided it was a good idea to probably set up a small regiment of his own for the coming battle; one that would regardlessly follow his orders. Scott would definitely be in it and there would need to a be a diversity of types and abilities for something good. Nick walked around the mass of pokemon, searching first for rock types who would form the first line and be a wall of sorts. There were several rhyhorn, and because they weren't the most intelligent, they would probably follow orders without question, which was a good thing when it came to being a wall. Long range fire and water types would be next, and in his search, found five samurott and swampert and five Charizard. A few flying types would be needed, so Nick got two staraptor and three Swellow as well as Morgan the taillow, who perched on Nick's shoulder.
"Is my brother okay? I didn't see him come back," she asked worriedly.
"I'm afraid not, but I buried him," Nick answered sadly. The taillow started crying a little and he didn't feel like sending her off to get Scott with bad news fresh in her mind, so he went off in search of him. Nick finally found the wartortle in the back of the group of pokemon and tapped his shoulder.
"You're the last person I need for my personal little birgade for the Mauville assault, you in?"

Arsenic

Years
Mark Vargas
Lilycove
Apartment

Mark watched as the last body dropped to the ground, spewing blood everywhere on the rug. He was still gripping the knife, ready for the mysterious man to attack him or something at any moment. Something didn't add up with his savior, why was he wandering around a pokemon controlled city, why was he randomly here to save him. "Thanks?" Mark said, kind of awkwardly, he was still shocked someone had been there to save his ass. "You're not a very good spy. I would think the Human Republic would have sent someone a bit more… experienced or at least better armed… that little knife isn't going to protect you against most pokemon," He spoke as Mark packed up his little set-up, A.K.A everything that he had taken out of his backpack, and got ready to leave. "I'm not a spy, I'm a Sniper, And before you ask, I got cocky at the end of a CQB, goes to show how quickly victory can be taken away. Now, I'm going to go huff it back to Fortree and hopefully catch up with the rest of the army. Feel free to join, but I'm not waiting." Mark left without an answer, taking the stairs, and leaving.Again, he stuck to the shadows to try to avoid detection. The big mob of pokies, was in his way. Mark took the long way around them, and headed on his way to Fortree.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Victor Star
LoL Vigilante
Hall of Origin
Origin of a Lily on the cove

"If anyone sees Ceberus in the near future, remember to remind him that he has things to attend to. The world would collapse without our help." Arceus commanded, then looked at the skies above him, "It's about time to take action, we cannot wait any longer. All of you, you will have to turn into your non-legendary forms, human or Pokemon, and you will have to convince the leaders to stop this madness."

"You should divide yourselves into two groups. One group should convince the Pokemon, and the other group should persuade the humans to stop. Remember, don't reveal your true identities..."

"I believe in all of you, and I know that you'll do your best. Show me what you're capable of."

Ceberus. Where was he? I knew it was a habit of his to not show up, but at a time such as this? It was unbelievable! He was a suspicious Mewtwo. Whether it was normal or not, I can't believe he wouldn't show up at a time like this! Sadly, I didn't know where he was; I couldn't very well track another legendary, especially if they didn't want to be found, and he was a clone of my friend Mew. I was over a thousand years old, but still I did not know everything. The world was much more complex than some would think.

I bowed at Arceus before I turned and flew off. First I would head to the Pokemons' base of operations in Lilycove and find out what was going on. I had a feeling another battle would be arriving soon.

Alec Languba
Chief of the Pokemon Entente
Lilycove City
Bye-Bye Mark
[h2][/h2]

"Dispose of him." Herodes said as he walked by the tent. A moment later Mark broke free of the vines, cured of the paralysis. I told them they should have stripped him of his equipment. I was right too, but oh well. If they didn't want to listen to me when I actually gave them advice to keep their human prisoner, then I wouldn't give advice. Besides, even if Mark hadn't been healed and escaped, I had a Cheri Berry ready in my pocket. That was me, sneaky little Alec, always with a backup plan that could go either way. Very unpredictable in a war setting like this; one second I could be commanding an army and the next second helping one of my enemies.

"Um, the prisoner has just escaped." I said a few moments later, giving Mark some time to run. Hey, at least he made our job a little easier, technically he was disposed of. That was good enough for me, I could tell Herodes that we had disposed of him, which we had, technically. Well, actually, he technically freed himself, but whatever.

And I noticed that Herodes had just put a regular soldier in charge of the attack on Oldale. Was he kidding? A normal soldier, rather than me? I was extremely agile, probably one of the most agile Pokemon here. Whatever. I ignored it and walked out of the tent, towards the group that had assembled in front of Herodes. I quickly found Ivy and Tyson standing next to each other.

"Well, hello there. I hear the attack on Fortree went...," Ivy trailed off.

"Badly? Yes. I think Herodes meant for that though, it was a test to see the humans' defenses and a diversion so somebody could take out the Weather Institute's communication center." I replied, keeping my eyes on the ape that was speaking.

"I also hear that you captured a human, did that go well?" Tyson asked.

"Not really. I didn't ask very useful questions, and the human, a lieutenant, didn't really want to give anything away. He also just escaped out the back of the tent a few moments ago; he's probably still running right now."

"Did you have anything to do with that?" Ivy asked with a smirk.

"Other than my turning a blind eye? No, surprisingly. I would have though, if the human's armor had not saved him."

"Whaddya mean by that?" Ivy asked.

"I dunno, some sort of advanced technology. It cured him of Herodes' paralysis, but only after a three hour wait."

"Interesting, but noy very good for us." Tyson said.

"Well, let's see how well you battle as we raid Mauville; see if you can finally get a few more points than me." I gave a quiet laugh.

"Well, technically, you wouldn't score any points since you don't actually kill the humans." Tyson smiled.

"Incapacitated, killed, potato, potahto." I said and both Ivy and Tyson laughed a little. "Oh, by the way Ivy, be careful. Some of these humans have no honor; they won't hesitate to kill a medic. It happened to a Kirlia earlier that I tried to save... they also seem to like throwing dead bodies; they did that twice."

"Oh, pleasant. Now I really don't know how you can retain any sort of compassion towards humans." Ivy said, her face a smile plastered over new grim feelings.

"Heh, on the brightside, you might be able to find a boyfriend on the battlefield." Tyson commented. Him and Ivy laughed, and I gave a death glare to the both of them. I should kill them now. NOW.

"Oh, um...," Ivy began, "I kinda um... saw Rumble earlier."

"What? That psycho is back?" I questioned, my eyes still trained on Herodes.

"Yep, along with his son. He's as creepy as ever, that Rumble."

"Arceus, I really don't like him." I mumbled.

"We know." Ivy and Tyson said in unison. Tyson then gave me a little slap with his armored tail; his heavily armored tail. He had armor covering him from head to tail tip, and it was handcrafted and even stronger than an Escavalier's armor. It would protect him from humans as he slashed his way through, which was a bit comforting. Ivy, however, was not armored, since she was a medic. That would not have worried me before I had gone to Fortree, but now it did. Quite a bit actually. But Ivy was strong, and she'd kill any human that tried to harm her or someone that she was tending to. She was a good medic.

"Well, we'll be heading to Mauville soon." I said as Herodes ended his speech.

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
Scott
Lilycove

I stood silently at the back of the crowd. Everyone was preparing to launch another attack. I was prepared to follow the rest of the group of pokemon. One small group were headed for Oldale, the rest of us were headed to Mauville to go on a major attack. The Oldale troops where just a distraction. It was a great plan, but I was worried about the human that was in the tent. I didn't like the fact that he was captured, I doubted we got any information from him either. Humans are loyal to each other, I bet any of the pokemon hear would spill any info if their life was threatened. I didn't feel this attack would go well, but I had to try. Hey, maybe we can win this one.

I was getting prepared to fight when I remembered the hole in my shell. "Sh**!" I said quietly. I looked at the patch I had made as a "Substitute" and pulled it off. The hole looked the same as when I put the patch on. I walked over to a medic and asked her what I could do to fix it. The chansey replied to me and said "A hole in your shell huh, I've got something that will fix it right up. The chansey walked into a tent and came back with something that looked like a ball of clay. She then took the clay and began to mold it into the hole. "Come back in two days and I'll remove it. It will path the hole good as new" said the medic. "Thanks," I said as I walked off.

I walked back to the back of the crowd while I was looking at the "clay" on my shell. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw that it was Nick, again.

"Oh Hey Nick" I said to the Typhlosion.

"You're the last person I need for my personal little birgade for the Mauville assault, you in?" Asked the Fire type

"Personal Brigade ehh?" I thought for a second "Yeah, Im in." I said to Nick with a smirk.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drake
Oldale
Searching for "Important people"

I had arrived at Oldale with great timing. I looked around and didn't see many people. I did see multiple guards and defenses. "Maybe if they spent less time in making sure they kill the pokemon, they could work on peace." I looked towards the entrance of the city. I let out a sigh then turned around towards the center of the city. I couldn't think of were someone would be so I decided to take a "Jerkish" approach to the situation. I began to whistle loudly, and I mean loud. Some soldiers were looking at me like "What is wrong with you?" I didn't care though. I continued to whistle like it was nothing until someone got angry enough and came to me.

Arsenic

Years
Mark Vargas
Fortree
Hours and Hours later

Mark arrived by nightfall, stopping at the tree that he was taken at and picking up the DSG-1 that had been left behind. He gave the weapon a quick check, and deeming it fit for combat. Mark ran to his apartment, got to his door and typed 1516 in the keypad, and ran again, over to his bed. He picked up the repair tool that had come with the suit, it would fix up the software in his suit, then he would be on his way. When his suit was repaired technically, and armor reinforced, he headed out to the base. The few soldiers snapped to attention when he entered the building. "Lieutenant Vargas, we assumed you were, gone... err, taken. It's good to see you alive. Someone is waiting for you around back." "Thank you, Corporal, I'll get to him after I talk to the general." Mark responded. "The general and most other troops left, to Oldale. I could get air support to lift you there, wait, never mind, There not available. Sorry, Sir." "F**k." Mark cursed at his luck. "Thank you anyways, Corporal." Mark said as he walked back out the door. He took a right and went right around the building. (Ahahahaha, It's not funny.) In the back alley there was a heavily armored man leaning against a heavily armored car. Mark checked behind him to make sure nobody was following him, and he was all good. The man noticed Mark walking toward him, and began to close in on Mark. "Your still fighting for these a$$holes, Mark?" "Do I know you?" Mark replied. "You scared me, Sir, Almost thought you wouldn't make in out of Sunyshore." The man said, taking off his helmet and revealing the face of Mark's old friend and Spec Ops squad member, Alcatraz. "So your the one who killed my Mercs in Sunyshore, I had them looking for you." Danny spoke. "I don't have time, I need to get to Oldale." Mark said in a hurry. "Take my Cuprino, It's got heavy armor, Pro tires, a Magnum ram on the front, v18 engine, and sport suspension. It'll get you to where you need to go fast and safe." Dan said to Mark, who jumped, more swung, into the drivers seat. He turned the key and fishtaled out of the alley and drifted onto the street. He stopped and waited by the HR base to see if that mysterious man from lilycove had decided to follow. He had forgotten all about him, Mark felt like an ass to the guy who saved his life.

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
Herodes and Nocturne
Lilycove Plaza

Herodes was waiting. Waiting for the right moment to send them off. Troops were still waiting patiently under them, waiting for the go signal. Glancing to the leading Zoroark, Herodes nodded in approval, then spoke, "Nocturne, I believe it's time. Send them to Odale. Quietly. Last as long as you can. Good luck and come back a hero. Set off, and let the 50 swifts, whoever they are, follow." The whole place was silent. The 50 Swifts. Kamikaze? Maybe. If this plan works out, they'll be real heroes. Herodes thought, and when he turned around, a Reuniclus hovered towards him, and in a matter of seconds, all eyes were locked onto the unfamiliar Pokemon instead of the Pokemon Leader. He was practically standing in front of hundreds and hundreds of soldiers, right in front of the strongest Pokemon ever.

"Herodes. Would it be possible if I had a word with you?" he spoke, their eyes locked onto each other's, and in an instant, the Infernape knew that this Reuniclus would be trouble. Looking into the jelly-like Pokemon's eyes, he was different as if he could see through people's minds. And when the infernape was standing next to him, he could feel the Reuniclus's aura, and it wasn't weak at all. But alas, Herodes' was much stronger. After all, he was just a puny Reuniclus.

"Right now? In front of them?" Herodes questioned, scanning the people before him, then looked at the Reuniclus again, "What is it about?"

Herodes was waiting. Waiting for the right moment to send them off. And now, it's the right time to do it. "50 Swifts.Engage now! For The Pokemon Entente!" The crowd cheered and roared, and Nocturne, right in the middle of the crowd, nodded and set of towards Oldale, with Scyther and Zoroark following them. There were some Pokemon that weren't Scyther nor Zoroark, but they were here to fight, so Nocturne didn't complain.

"This way!" He spoke softly, and the bunch followed through the jungle. It wouldn't take long for them to arrive...​

(rather short post)

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Cain Trace, General
Oldale Town
Human Republic Fort, "Prosperity"

Cain Trace looked around the fort. He saw men and women at work, efficient. The CO in the area had been doing a fairly decent job. Cain was glad, and also relieved. The Colonel came up to him now, he saluted, to which Cain saluted back. Leroux spoke.

"Sir, looks like the local defense force already set up a good defensive perimeter. We could use a few more heavy weapons either from turrets or bring in a tank or two, but overall it's a good start. Also I was wondering if you had any sort of plan for this defense?"

Cain processed the words the Colonel just spoke, and rebutted.

"A few more heavy weapons would be good. We'll have to check among the locals for any extra. I want a head count of how many there are around here. Also, let me know how the other two forts are set up on Route 103. If they need any extra supplies, that'll be taken care of too. I like the way the defense is set up, though. There's three different forts en route to the city. We have the first one, located on the other side of the river, then there's the one right up ahead in the grass area of Route 103. Then there's this one, the main base of operations. The positioning is good, so if they do attack us here at Oldale, we'll be alerted ahead of time at the nearest fort, giving us more time to prepare for another attack on the adjacent fort. Pretty good set up if you ask me. I say we move a few mines in front of every fort as well, just in case."

As Cain finished speaking, a soldier walked up to him. He was huge, well above 6 feet.

"Private Morris. At your service. Sir." He said, in his heavy accent, saluting at the same time. Cain returned a salute, looking up and down the man as he did. "Permission to speak freely. Sir."

"Granted." Cain said.

"I couldn't help hearing that you need heavy weapons. That is what I do." He said patting his rail gun. "If you need me General, I'm here." Cain smiled at the private.

"Good to hear, Private. In fact, I'm in need of a few more guns over at the first fort at Route 103. Be sure to check in there, and get ready. I get the feeling the Pokemon might be attacking soon."

Cain returned his attention now at the Colonel.

"Here's the thing, Colonel. The Pokemon attacked our comms, so I think they're planning something. Sure, we know they are attacking somewhere around the area, but we can't know which place will be hit for sure. Oldale seems to be the most logical choice, as it connects to the other places, but even that isn't 100% certain. Sure, we got intel, but I don't like it. I have a funny feeling...."

Cain trailed off for a bit, but then resettled and looked over the Colonel.

"Let's be prepared in any case. Likely, they'll attack us here in Oldale. But if they make a move for Petalburg or Fortree, or another place again, we have to be ready to move out."

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024
Thanatos Hannibal
Lylicove

"Right now? In front of them?" Herodes questioned, scanning the people before him, then looked at the Reuniclus again, "What is it about?"

Thanatos watched as he gave orders to the Pokemon, lost in his thoughts about his leader's spirit. Then he raised his large blue eyes and faced him again without one inch of hesitation.

"That's a suicide plan. You're practically sending our troops to die."

At first, it was obvious that he wasn't fond of that tactic. He knew that deaths of Pokemon was something unwanted in the PE, but not its leader apparently. He raised his eyebrow, maintaining his cold smile on.

"You do have another plan, then. Why didn't you inform us about it?"

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Lewis Celston
Outskirts of Oldale Town
Target Practice

Pow! Pow! Pow!

Lewis stopped firing after a moment. He was getting bored just practicing. Maybe he'd better go up to the fort and see if anyone was actually there yet. With a sigh, he got to his feet. He reloaded his rifle again and slung it on his back. He picked up his fedora from where it had fallen and put it back on his head and began to walk back to Oldale. By the time he got back, he was surprised at the activity. Something was going on. And it was not good. He wasn't even a soldier yet, but he could tell that everyone was getting ready for a battle. He hastened his steps and found himself standing outside the fort. Two armed guards were blocking his passage.

"What do you want kid?" one of them asked. While a little annoyed at being called a kid, Lewis decided he had better answer. Sure, he was likely younger than anyone here, but he wasn't a kid.

"What do you think I'm here for? I'm here to join the army!" Lewis said with a flicker of annoyance on his face. The two guards looked at each other, trying to decide if he was serious. He was dead serious. They finally let him through, and pointed him toward the General, who was talking with a few other soldiers. Lewis didn't know any of them, but he sure as heck wasn't going to let this chance get away from him. He walked over to the group of four as fast as he could, hearing something about being ready to move out.

"Excuse me! Sir! I..." Lewis began to say, but then his voice faltered. What the heck was he doing? You didn't just go and interupt the General like that! He shook it off and tried again.

"Err... My name is Lewis Celston... I just wanted to know if you needed any extra manpower. I know I don't look like much, but I am a good sniper. Just, um, trying to be useful, that's all," Lewis said, throwing caution to the winds and putitng it all on the line. Granted, if they turned him down, he was still going to follow them and help them out any way he could. But he hoped he didn't have to do that.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Dartanian Quickslash
Lilycove City

"Listen up." Dartanian looked over as Herodes came out of the tent and started speaking, "I'll need a small agile team, about 50, to visit Oldale. The humans are ready and alert there, so I will need the fastest Pokemon available. Others, follow me to Mauville. We are launching a large scale attack, and we will take the city and burn it into rubble. We will storm through everything in our way. We will kill every human we see, and we will set things right." The Infernape paused as the crowds of Pokemon looked at him. "But remember, that this won't be our last battle in the War. There are many more to come. But remember this. This will be the beginning. Nothing will stop us. Not water, not snow, not fire and not machines. We will strike fear into the Human's hearts, and we will be their living nightmare!"

The crowd roared and cheered, their hands and paws in the air. 'May as well do something useful,' Dartanian thought and stood up, joining the 50 Swifts that seemed to mostly be made up of Scyther and Zoroark.

A shiny Zoroark stood out of the crowd. "I'm willing to lead them. I know where Oldale is," it announced.

"You are...the Zoroark I've met earlier." Herodes concluded then nodded, "Then the 50 Swift's yours. On my command, bring them there. Distract the humans long enough for us to attack Mauville. Is that clear, soldier?" The Zoroark nodded in reply.

Dartanian hung near the back of the group, waiting for Herodes to give the order to leave. He watched the other Pokemon that made up the 50 Swifts, trying to evaluate their abilities. It was a good choice for a team for fast Pokemon.

"Nocturne, I believe it's time. Send them to Oldale. Quietly. Last as long as you can. Good luck and come back a hero. Set off, and let the 50 swifts, whoever they are, follow," Herodes said to the Zoroark, who Dartanian now knew as Nocturne. "50 Swifts.Engage now! For The Pokemon Entente!"

"This way!" The dark-type leading them spoke softly. The crowd cheered and roared as Nocturne led the 50 Swifts out of Lilycove. Dartanian followed, keeping to the edges of the group so he could keep an eye on his surroundings. "This way!" The dark-type leading them spoke softly.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Vikar listened to the General and then said after the General was done, "General Trace perhaps we should call in more Broadswords and airborne transports. They offer a higher degree of mobility than APCs. Also I'll start working on checking out the defenses and getting you a head count." He turned to leave and said to the private, "Come on I'll join you to the fort on route 103." The Colonel then started to walk off as a civilian with a rifle approached them. Looking over the man really quick and hearing what he had to say he quickly mentioned, "Looks like we found someone to replace the Lieutenant." He then walked off toward a Cougar MRAP leaving the recruit to talk to the General. Why everyone seemed to think the General was the person to talk to about everything showed a problem with the command structure. Hopefully him and the General would get enough time to sit down and discuss the structure of the military force to relieve stress on the over worked General.

Motioning the Railgun toting private to go ahead and mount up in the MRAP, Colonel Vikar walked around to find several vehicle drivers playing cards. Spotting the Colonel they called the area to attention, but Colonel Leroux quickly told them to stand at ease. Looking at the highest ranking NCO Vikar addressed the man with a relaxed voice, "Sergeant First Class… Ott, I need a MRAP to take me to the fort on Route 103, and I need you to first: get a small group to go to the other fort to check it out, get a headcount, and report back to General Trace. Tell them to tell the General that I ordered them to go. Second find Major Vito and tell him to report to the General with a headcount, and to send a mine layer vehicle to each of the forts ASAP. Also outside the base use the MRAPs we are expecting Pokemon to attack any minute and there is no excuse to get caught out in the open on foot."
"Yes sir," responded the Sergeant First Class and he quickly ordered the others to separate tasks as the Colonel went back to the MRAP and climbed inside the well armored vehicle. He wanted to do everything personally, but that would take too much time that they didn't seem to have. The General sounded urgent and he needed to delegate if he wanted to get the General all the information he wanted.

Sitting down inside the MRAP the Colonel adjusted his sleeves on his camouflaged coat as he looked over the heavy weapon touting private. "Private Morris was it? Nice rail gun… I've need seen what one of those can do to a Pokemon, and I'm hoping you can give me a demonstration. Is this going to be your first battle with the Pokemon?"

As the Colonel asked the second question the heavily armored vehicle began moving. It slowly picked up speed as it charged down the icy roads for the fort. The MRAPs were tough vehicles built to insure everyone inside survived any sort of attack. While determined attacks with explosives would disable the vehicle, the crew would walk away without a scratch. They were also cheaper than the standard hover APC so they were highly used by the smaller militias for transportation.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Jack Spark
Oldale Town
Human Republic Fort

"Whoa, I love this!" Jack said, flashing a grin at the scientist standing next to him. He was a young guy, maybe in his early 20s. He was fairly satisfied after being praised, and grinned back at Jack. He was obviously a new guy, probably recruited not long ago. He looked smart and intelligent, and the kind of guy who was quite nervous in this place, feeling out of place, yet excited to be there/

"I know, isn't it?" He replied. Jack pointed his arm at a small target leaning against a wall, and pressed a button on his mechanical arm. Instantly, a bright blue laser beam shot out, and Jack's arm jerked back with recoil. The laser beam instantly burned a black hole into the target's "heart". It was a perfect shot. Jack then pointed it at the targets head, and pressed the button again. This time, he traced a line along the target's neck, and it burned through and fell off.

"Hell, I like it a lot! It's perfect for a guy like me!" Jack said in a high pitched voice. He was quite ecstatic about the enhancements he had wanted a long time ago, and the fight at Fortree had simply reignited his excitement for fighting. He felt 15 years younger again, back during the war in Sinnoh.

"Now, what about melee weapons?" Jack asked the young scientist. He was a close range fighter after all, it was the melee weapons that would eventually save his ass in the heat of battle. He had never been good at staying away from the fight, or had the patience like a sniper. He had always felt better in the middle of the battle, feeling satisfied by the crushing of the Pokemon's bones under his lightning fast punches.

"Well, we got something added. It's that button, over there." The man pointed at another button on his arm, and Jack looked at it curiously. "What does it do?" He asked, and the young man smiled. "See it for yourself."

Jack shrugged, and pressed the button. Instantly, a small blade popped out with a rather loud noise, of metal slashing metal. The blade was silver, shining in the light. It was brand new, spotless, but Jack knew it was soon going to be flashing with Pokemon blood. Jack tapped his human finger at the tip of the blade, and immediately blood started oozing out of a cut. He walked over to the decapitated target, and slashed the blade across his chest, leaving a long slit there. Deadly.

"Nice blade. But I can clearly see you took a lot of inspiration from video games...." Jack said, laughing. The young man smiled again, and shrugged. Of course, he was young, and his first thought to make something powerful would come from a video game. Jack walked over to him and patted him on his back.

"Nice work, kid. Continue to work harder, yeah?" Jack said. The young man nodded, and Jack walked out of the lab. He had been a bit tired after the adrenaline rush from the Fortree battle had worn off, and he had had a bit of rest, but he needed to know what to do next. He was walking over to the main offices of the base, when he spotted a vending machine on the way there. He stopped, and immediately got attracted towards it, as if it was a light and he was a moth.

"I need my energy." He thought, and walked over to it. He scrimmaged through his pockets, and found a few dollars. He popped them into the machine, and pressed a few buttons. A coke popped out of the machine, and Jack picked it up, grinning. He popped it open, and started to walk towards the offices again, when he saw 2 Privates, chatting with each other. Jack, naturally curious, walked over to them, and sipping his coke, quietly heard their conversation.

"...Did you hear about the blast at the Weather Institute? It seems as if they're planning something..."

"Heck, I heard even that damn Reuniclus from the last war is back, that could spell trouble for us..."

Jack quietly absorbed everything he heard, then he remembered who the Reuniclus was. "Oh, so Rumble is back?" He thought, then shrugged. He had finished his drink, so he crushed the can, and tossed it to one of the Privates, saying, "Get rid of this for me, will ya?" Jack then walked out of there, towards the offices.

One thing that troubled him a lot was the capture of Mark. He was a good friend, and had apparently been captured by that Snivy from the Fortree Battle. Alec, yes, Alec. That was his name. He had been there in the first war as well. But, Jack still found it funny that Mark had been kidnapped by a tiny Snivy. He had wanted to rescue him, but he had had no choice. Marching all alone into the Pokemon city would be suicide, and Jack wasn't very keen on doing such a thing.

He entered the building, and walked straight away to the General's Office. He knew very well that he was breaking the chain of command in the base, but to hell with that, he didn't have time. He walked into the office casually, and saluted the General.

"Sir, I would like to inform you that I am now fully prepared for any kind of attack." Jack said. He continued, "But sir, where are the Pokemon going to attack next? Wouldn't Mauville be a more likely target than Oldale? If they get that city, almost 3/4th of out electricity will be gone in a single attack...."

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Cain Trace, General
Oldale Town
Human Republic Main Fort-"Prosperity"

"General Trace perhaps we should call in more Broadswords and airborne transports. They offer a higher degree of mobility than APCs. Also I'll start working on checking out the defenses and getting you a head count." He turned to leave and said to the private, "Come on I'll join you to the fort on route 103." Cain nodded at the Colonel as he began to leave.

"Excuse me! Sir! I..." Cain heard as he turned to a man, a young man, who arrived. He appeared to be clearly nervous as he spoke, perhaps a new recruit, or one who wished to be.

"Err... My name is Lewis Celston... I just wanted to know if you needed any extra manpower. I know I don't look like much, but I am a good sniper. Just, um, trying to be useful, that's all," The man finished. The Colonel spoke back to Cain as he left.

"Looks like we found someone to replace the Lieutenant." Cain smiled a bit for a second as he looked back over the new guy.

"Sniper, huh? Well, I could use every man I can get in this war. I'm guessing you don't have a rank yet, so I'll set you up as a Private. Welcome to the Human Republic, Private." He said, giving him a quick salute.

"Go prepare however you need, target practice, whatever, than meet up at the first fort on Route 103. Help the Colonel any way he needs, and get to a nice spot somewhere near the birds." He gave the private a walkie talkie. "Long-range comms have been disabled, so contact me with this if you need anything." He said. Just then, Jack Spark approached Cain. He saluted the General, who saluted back at Jack.

"Sir, I would like to inform you that I am now fully prepared for any kind of attack." Jack said. He continued, "But sir, where are the Pokemon going to attack next? Wouldn't Mauville be a more likely target than Oldale? If they get that city, almost 3/4th of out electricity will be gone in a single attack...."

Cain looked at the Sergeant, seeing some clear modifications on his arm.

"True, Sergeant, but we don't know where they'll attack. Oldale is just a meeting point, so to speak. If they attack Petalburg, we'll be able to counter from here. If they attack Rustburo, we can get there from here. If they attack Slateport, we'll maneuver from here, and that goes double for Mauville. Sure, it's not the best plan, but at least we're not concentrating on one single area as much. But I share your sentiments, Sergeant. If they attack anywhere around, we'll be ready."

Cain was about to motion him to leave, until he remembered something. "Oh, right. Spark." He had a small box, inside was an insignia represented by three gold "chevrons" over one "rocker" in the Human Republic Army. It was the next rank for Jack Spark. "The paperwork will follow later. Congratulations, Staff Sergeant Spark." He said, offering him a salute, and a small smile.

Cain did this more for the sake of morale than for personal action. He did do a great thing, helping out Lieutenant Mikkelson, so he justly deserved it. Besides, in a world of war, you never know what day is your last. Might as well go out with a smile.

Arsenic

Years
[SIZE="a"]Mark Vargas
Fortree

That guy was nowhere in sight, his loss. Mark revved up the engine and drove off to route 119.

The Caprino bobbled up and down every time it hit a bump, really good suspension, maybe too good. Mark turned around, his rifle sitting on the back seat, patiently waiting to kill something. "Bump... Bump... Bump..." Mark said as his car bounced on it's suspension. He looked up through the slit in the armor to see a "Tree!!" He jerked the wheel left. The vehicle complied and skidded that direction, away from the tree in the middle of the f**king road, towards more trees. This trip isn't going well... Mark slammed on the break and yanked the wheel right as far as it would go. The car spun to the right a quarter of a perfect circle. Mark grabbed the bars and swung out of his caprino into the freshly fallen snow. Without all the sports tires' traction, he'ed have a nice V in his hood. He hopped back in the vehicle and drove around the tree. "now... Where the hell was I going again? Meh, I'll remember on the road." he said as he approached the end of 119.[/SIZE]

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
Nocturne
Route 110
Intersection

Going through the forests weren't too hard, and a couple of tress weren't enough to stop their secret kamikaze plan. At route 110, humans were present, but the Zoroarks didn't have to worry. Turning into humans with their illusion abilities, nobody suspected them. After all, they turned into little kids instead of fully grown adults. Who would ever suspect that? As for Scythers, they were over the clouds, too high up for the humans to see by their naked eyes, and the flying Pokemon's speed was quick enough to dodge any tracking signals. A flash, and it's gone. As for those who weren't a Zoroark nor a Scyther, they were probably on a Scyther's back, in the air for the duration.

Taking a right turn with the other 'kids', Nocturne stopped at the entrance of Route 103 to wait for the others. Of course, he was standing in the forests to keep things low-key. Soon enough, the Scythers arrived with their passengers on their backs (Dartanian's there). Their illusions breaking, the Zoroarks turned back to their original forms and waited for the right timing.

There was a fort before the river, and another one behind it. Herodes had never said that they had to siege the place - Nocturne had to buy them some time, that's all. The mini fort was equipped with machine guns and riffles, and the sound of people marching made the Zoroark shiver. "Create illusions. A whole lot of them. Create a whole army." Nocturne spoke softly and the Zoroarks obeyed, splatting himself into a large number of mirror images, creating an army of false illusions.

A human managed to see the growing army, and he screamed in alarm and that single scream alerted everyone. Soon, people were scurrying towards their weapons, and Nocturne had to act NOW. "Go!!! Shadow ball volley!" He cried and the illusions charged, together with their creators. The illusions couldn't inflict damage but it was real enough to confuse the others. Placing their hands together, the Zoroarks, fake and real, launched a volley of shadow balls towards the fort, firing them non-stop, filling the air with purple blobs of energy. The Scythers soared into the air and swept downwards, slicing some of the soldiers' head off.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back