• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Take To The Skies! Sky Battle Wifi Tourney

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
  • Take To The Skies!
    A Sky Battle Wifi Tourney
    Starts April 1, 2014

Please note, this is a Wifi tourney for Pokemon X and Y only! If you don't own these games you should not proceed.

That said, welcome! This is my first tourney in Gen 6, and I am very excited to play this idea. A whole new Meta Game with limitations that will force you to come up with new strategies and teams. Well, let's get to it!

Rules
    1. No hacked Pokemon! If you are really so lazy then legal hacks are fine but I would prefer you didn't, seriously, where's the fun in that? You will be disqualified if you use a clearly illegal hacked Pokemon.
    2. All Players must have a copy of either Pokemon X or Pokemon Y, as well as a Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, or Nintendo 2DS game system in order to participate.
    3. This is a Sky Battle! Therefore every Pokemon on your team must have either Flying type or the Levitate ability. However, there are a number of Pokemon who fit the criteria who are not allowed in Sky Battle. The list of Pokemon allowed and forbidden is found here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sky_Battle#Eligible_Pok.C3.A9mon
    4. As the battles are intended to take place in the sky, a number of moves are also impossible to use. Since Sky Battle is not an option in the Wifi settings, please do not bring Pokemon with the following moves or you will forfeit: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sky_Battle#Prohibited_moves
    5. For the sake of sanity, I invoke the following clauses for the tourney:
    -Sleep Clause: You may not put more than one of your opponent's Pokemon to sleep.
    -Species Clause: Only one of each species on any given team.
    -Item Clause: Only one of each item can be used on any given team.
    -OU Banlist: Pokemon banned from Smogon OU are banned in this tourney. http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/official-xy-ou-banlist.3491371/
    6. Battle Format will be Normal Singles, 6v6.
    7. This will be a Swiss style tourney so that everyone will have a chance to battle more than one round. The number of rounds will be based on the number of players.

I'm pretty sure that's everything. I may tweak the rules before the start. Speaking of which, the tourney will begin on April 1, 2014. This date is subject to change but I am aiming for it.

Prizes
    I do plan on having prizes for the top 3 players, but I do not have them prepared at this moment.

All participants should fill out the following form and include it in a post.

Username:
    In-Game Name:
    Friend Code:

Example
    Spoiler:

Participants
    Necrum Warrior - Necrum - 1435-4289-9306
    Omicron - Omicron - 1005-8924-3660
    Flushed - Tomato Soup - 4914-3518-2260
    Thebest - Zane - 3695-1353-1392
    Sopheria - Catherine - 0920-1042-8845
    Black Mage - Belladonna - 3566 1783 4982
    Keiran - Ranulf - 0705-3333-7308
    Sukisu - Skeith - 1719-4578-6110
    Eevee-Kins - Estée - 2964 - 9123 - 4267

Round 1
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • I would love to participate in this tourney!

Username: Omicron
    In-Game Name: Omicron
    Friend Code: 1005-8924-3660

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Interesting tournament idea, definitely in.

Username: Flushed
    In-Game Name: Tomato Soup
    Friend Code: 4914-3518-2260

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
    Years
  • Hi i might join i have a Tournament of my own but I'm not in it so I'm going to join this one could be fun.

Username: Thebest
    IGN: Zane
    Freind Code: 3695-1353-1392

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • User Name: Black Mage
    IGN: Belladonna
    Friend Code: 3566 1783 4982

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Here are the matchups for round 1. Since we have an odd number of people and I can't technically win my own tourney, I'll sit out this round and take the bye.

Round 1 - Ends April 5, 2014

Thebest vs Keiran
    Sukisu vs Sopheria
    Black Mage vs Eevee-Kins
    Omicron vs Flushed
    Sage Ghetsis vs (bye)

Okay so no one has made any posts yet about doing battles so I'm just going to assume this whole thing is a bust. Oh well.

Last edited:
    Back