• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Nova

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    Well, first things first, we need something for you to script.

And we really should get something over to Progressing Hacks to help our project get some more support.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Well, if we are to do that as soon as possible, we need to get some maps and I need to do a few scripts. We need to meet the screenshot minimum. Even at that the team, having only three members. Is in no good state to actually get serious portions done in a decent amount of time. But if we did have a thread in the Progressing Hacks forums we could get more members quick. (This is assuming that people like the hack) Either way, we need to "officially" start the hack. The amount of time with barely any progress made is simply absurd.

phoenix7890

Cereal Killer
    Years
    heya, im Jamie, and i am a newer pokemon hacker... yea im a girl...so what?
    anyway...lets get on with the form..

Wanted Name: LoveKillz
    Skills: overworld Sprite editor, map editor and pokemon editor.
    Proof of Work: you'll see when my hacked rom comes out ;)
    Why You Want to Join This Team: i need a team...im a loner right now, i thought this would be the place to start!
    Your Ideas: i am working on a emerald hack now, i havent thought of a name...
    Other Information You Want Me to Know: im a girl...unless this will be against females group then i see no problem! ^.^

thanks, and ill get that proof you asked for :)

PokemonLeagueChamp

Years
    Well, if we are to do that as soon as possible, we need to get some maps and I need to do a few scripts. We need to meet the screenshot minimum. Even at that the team, having only three members. Is in no good state to actually get serious portions done in a decent amount of time. But if we did have a thread in the Progressing Hacks forums we could get more members quick. (This is assuming that people like the hack) Either way, we need to "officially" start the hack. The amount of time with barely any progress made is simply absurd.

Tell me something I don't know. I think AeroGreen will be easier to grind out to some state of completion due to it only requiring LOTS of scripting and some minimal added maps. It all depends on if we want to move all 3 games at once or individually as necessary work is completed.

heya, im Jamie, and i am a newer pokemon hacker... yea im a girl...so what?
    anyway...lets get on with the form..

Wanted Name: LoveKillz
    Skills: overworld Sprite editor, map editor and pokemon editor.
    Proof of Work: you'll see when my hacked rom comes out ;)
    Why You Want to Join This Team: i need a team...im a loner right now, i thought this would be the place to start!
    Your Ideas: i am working on a emerald hack now, i havent thought of a name...
    Other Information You Want Me to Know: im a girl...unless this will be against females group then i see no problem! ^.^

thanks, and ill get that proof you asked for :)

What made you think your being a girl would be any problem? I'm not THAT evil. Anyway, looks good, so I'll go ahead and add you. I'd also like to take a peek at what you're working on.

Last edited:

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Only problem with doing AeroGreen first is that it is a sequal to Azure. (I believe) But since for now it is easiest to complete, I might suggest story alterations to make it either a first game or an origin story. We could make it work so that the games (from easiest to make to hardest to make) can be put in chronoligical order. AeroGreen can be the beginnings of Aero and Nova.(If you don't mind, I would prefer Team Rocket removed because I REALLY don't like hacks that involve Team Rocket, or any other team that was in a Nintendo Pokemon game.) Depending on what people think of it the ending could be altered. It would basically be the introduction of how the organizations came to be and why they are fighting. GalacticBlack qould be like the middle, probably having the bad guys winning for most of the time. Then Azure would be the big finale, the final battle and what not. Another thing I could recommend (If we are going to talk sotry and all) that you make a social group here wher the team can discuss in private, to avoid spoilers to some people that are just looking at the team thread and don't decide to join.

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
    Yoo, how come you got rid of me? i never receive the pm's from you, so I thought I don't have to do anything yet, well its fine if you don't need me xD
    But i'll like to go back to the team if I can since I really want to help out on your hack.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Years
    Only problem with doing AeroGreen first is that it is a sequal to Azure. (I believe) But since for now it is easiest to complete, I might suggest story alterations to make it either a first game or an origin story. We could make it work so that the games (from easiest to make to hardest to make) can be put in chronoligical order. AeroGreen can be the beginnings of Aero and Nova.(If you don't mind, I would prefer Team Rocket removed because I REALLY don't like hacks that involve Team Rocket, or any other team that was in a Nintendo Pokemon game.) Depending on what people think of it the ending could be altered. It would basically be the introduction of how the organizations came to be and why they are fighting. GalacticBlack qould be like the middle, probably having the bad guys winning for most of the time. Then Azure would be the big finale, the final battle and what not. Another thing I could recommend (If we are going to talk sotry and all) that you make a social group here wher the team can discuss in private, to avoid spoilers to some people that are just looking at the team thread and don't decide to join.

My origin story for Team Aero took place in Hoenn, not Kanto. to make that origin story, we'd have Teams Magma, Aqua, AND Aero at war. And I would rather at least use Team Rocket in KANTO(really, who else would you have there)than make up a new Team. As for Galactics, I can't think of anyone else to hunt an Omega Pokemon after their defeat in Sinnoh. The idea is: Aero started during Magma vs. Aqua days, most likely won't be in any game. Azure, Aero is established in Genisoh, so is Galactic. They fight, Team Aero doesn't want them to get the Omega Pokemon. GalacticBlack, 5 years after Azure, somehow Aeros lost a fight, were kicked out, Galactics own the place, resurgent Aeros return for final stand towards end(THIS is the "final battle"). AeroGreen occurs at the same time as GalacticBlack. Aero's leader reorginized a group into Team Nova, they fight Team Rocket across Kanto(good excuse to tie-in anime with a Rocket attack on St. Anne). Out in Sevii Isles, there a remnant Aeros, and a base in Island 8(I'm sure it can be done).

Yoo, how come you got rid of me? i never receive the pm's from you, so I thought I don't have to do anything yet, well its fine if you don't need me xD
    But i'll like to go back to the team if I can since I really want to help out on your hack.
    Well, I don't well recall what you signed up to work on....

Last edited:

WildEagle

Years
    Well, I don't well recall what you signed up to work on....

Wanted Name: WildEagle
    Skills: I can do a little bit of mapping (noob though xD) and Beta testing
    Proof of Work: Kind of a noob mapper, but I'll try to find some of my old things I used to make when I'm bored xD
    Why You Want to Join This Team: The story sounds interesting! And I always wanted to be a part of hacking team
    Your Ideas: Having a bunch of rivals would be fun, having 4-5 rivals would be better than having just 1 rival.
    Other Information You Want Me to Know: Mostly for the part of June I won't be online because of exams (uggh -.-) I'll still check up once in a while so either pm me or contact me through msn.

it was on the first page xD

phoenix7890

Cereal Killer
    Years
    aw crap... my pc broked down ;( good thing i backed up my data on a flash drive. im having to use my dads old windows 2000 computer, it'll take a bit.. but i will get working on my rom...

btw, does anyone have a good mineral name for pokemon emerald? i need one xD

EDIT!

hey, i got a region you can base it off of! here i made this awhile back, and i didnt use it! so its usless to me..

Attachments

• Team Nova
      RegionMap.png
      6.1 KB · Views: 5
    Last edited:

PokemonLeagueChamp

Years
    Most mineral names I'm sure are already taken. But maybe something like SolidIron(just an example)might be doable.

As for the region, I'll toss it into my folder, see if I like it.

phoenix7890

Cereal Killer
    Years
    Most mineral names I'm sure are already taken. But maybe something like SolidIron(just an example)might be doable.

As for the region, I'll toss it into my folder, see if I like it.

hm... Solidiron..i like it. Im almost completed with the rom, thing is, im still learning to script.. so its going slower than planned... lol

and thanks for considering the region ^.^ im glad to know im helping

phoenix7890

Cereal Killer
    Years
    here are the stats for my own hacked rom... keep in mind i have been working on this for a couple of months now, so the stats arent very pretty DX

Scripts: 5%
    maps: 79%
    new pokemon: 50%
    sprites: 75%

those are what im basicly covering right now..
    scripting is taking longer than expected...but i guess thats normal..

PokemonLeagueChamp

Years
    WildEagle, you see the Town at the top of the main Genisoh section? That's the starter town. Now, I'd prefer to wait until the region map is finalized before we start making locations and routes.

WildEagle

Years
    WildEagle, you see the Town at the top of the main Genisoh section? That's the starter town. Now, I'd prefer to wait until the region map is finalized before we start making locations and routes.

Alright, ill just keep checking back at the thread to see if the region map is done, and are we using normal fire red tiles for the mapping, if not, do we have a rom with the inserted tiles?

Edit:

I want to show you a map I cooked up quickly, I didn't get checked if there are some errors in the mapping, but I just want to show you, a starting town I imagine

Team Nova

The starting town is pretty much contains the basic house, and since most of the starting town is pretty small I made this town pretty big, and instead of the professor's house I added a gym instead (won't be able to battle until idk lol). I know it doesn't look all that, but I just wanted to map something to show you I want to actively help this hack (:

Last edited:

PokemonLeagueChamp

Years
    Ummm...Emerald is the base for Azure. But yeah, the tiles will be standard. HOPEFULLY, I can have at least the region map done before school's in.

WildEagle

Years
    Ummm...Emerald is the base for Azure. But yeah, the tiles will be standard. HOPEFULLY, I can have at least the region map done before school's in.

Ohhh, okay good thing I used too mess around with emerald map, so I'll able to help with the mapping with emerald rom too (:

Yep before school will be good so we can start planning the town and starting mapping them, and I think we should post a thread in the Progressing Hack by around mid-september if we can be able to finish the region map and some mapping, to get more support.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    So when will u send me the map to work on or do u want me to start workin with it?

Back