• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Orange Crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgar7878

The name is Butch not Pingas.
Years
  • Which guy did this huh? I can't find anybody that does banner. I've searched for it but I couldn't find any.
    Oh wait, and I don't know much about Orange Islands. Where to get more information about it? I've played
    Pokemon Naranja once. I think we start from Naranja Island. I dunno anything except for that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    Which guy did this huh? I can't find anybody that does banner. I've searched for it but I couldn't find any.
    Oh wait, and I don't know much about Orange Islands. Where to get more information about it? I've played
    Pokemon Naranja once. I think we start from Naranja Island. I dunno anything except for that.

I made that banner. And you start on Valencia Island. Use this as a reference from the anime.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    Whoa, there are a lot of minor islands! And how we are going to complete the badges? There are only 4 of them.

For the minor islands, most of them will just be included in the bigger islands. But I am striving for all the bigger islands to be in the game. Some minor islands will be important later on though (like I said, the one lower right with the castle has a purpose and some of the others will too one I get the map icons finished. But those ones will be resized a little bit to make them bigger so they can be more visible).

As for there being only 4 badges, I've been thinking about that. Maybe we can have tournaments after the plot is finished so you can get more badges? What I mean is that I already was planning on you fighting the Elite Four in a tournament on Mandarin Island South at some point so we could have them each have a badge as well but different? I don't know yet...

Last edited:

Edgar7878

Years
  • Or, we can add Gary,Lance,Wallace/Steven and Cynthia in a single city and script them to give a badge after their battle!

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    Or, we can add Gary,Lance,Wallace/Steven and Cynthia in a single city and script them to give a badge after their battle!

Maybe. Blue and Lance are already part of the storyline. And Cynthia makes a cameo appearance (without her Pokemon though, only to push the story along). I was trying to avoid the Hoenn region people and Pokemon, but now I am thinking I might want to add a select few (with a couple legendaries for a sub-plot). I'll keep that in mind.

After watching the anime for years, one thing I was disappointed everytime with the games was the lack of tournament-styled leagues. When the Battle Tower was introduced we got closer to having tournaments where you fight different trainers then take on the Frontier Brain in Emerald, but they never got closer to it than that. The Orange League is pretty straight forward and I want to keep it that way (Earn 4 badges and take on the Head Leader directly). But I do want to add 1 or 2 tournaments in-game where you can get some sort of badge. Some Battle Frontier-esque elements may or may not be introduced so that could be another way of getting 4 more badges (4 new/or returning frontier brains) If we did returning then it would probably be Noland from the Battle Factory, Spenser from the Battle Palace, Tucker from the Battle Dome, and Brandon from the Battle Pyramid (with some Pokemon replacements). As much as I like Palmer, Darach and Lady Caitlin I want to for sure stay away from Sinnoh Pokemon so it can stay true to the anime to some degree.

So concluding, I still don't know...

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    nope Tournament is a better idea :D

:) If we do a tournament after the story wraps up I wouldn't mind having it based on the Indigo Plateau somewhat (battling on themed stages against themed opponents with 3x3 until later it gets to 6x6). And then after that maybe you can take on the Kanto Elite Four and Champion once you win that. But we'll discuss that as a team to see what the best way is because I'm totally open for input. I have a basic idea of the game and a story down but still a lot of other things I want to do.

Something else I was frustrated with in the games was how quickly I got through them. Up till Hoenn the plots were pretty straight forward and you could get through the game's story in about 2-3 days or less of straight playing. Hopefully if everything pans out for this game then we'll have the main story and then 3-4 shorter, but good stories to go along with it. (Hence why I am thinking about adding some Hoenn Pokemon to add some more plots, and why the castle is on that southern island...;))

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    I am getting all the tiles we're using together then I'll either email them or use a Dropbox to give them to you guys. Soon...

I am guessing you are using Advance Map?

Last edited:

Edgar7878

Years
  • I am getting all the tiles we're using together then I'll either email them or use a Dropbox to give them to you guys. Soon...

I am guessing you are using Advance Map?

Thats right, I use Advance Map. I don't like Elite so much. Advance is more, umm, something?

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    thats what im using
    cool cant wait

Thats right, I use Advance Map. I don't like Elite so much. Advance is more, umm, something?

Got it. Once I'm finished I'll try to set them as a tileset or just use Dropbox with all the tiles. At this point I am adding the finishing touches to buildings and then work on a few OWs (luckily I only need to make a couple custom ones). Then finally I just need to work on the Orange Crew and Head Leader battle sprites which shouldn't take me that long.

I can't wait either, I have college starting soon so I'll be pretty busy at the start of term (being a music major I guess I'm always busy ;)) But hopefully I'll have like 80% done by the time classes begin and then once I finish that I guess I'll start on the music. I already have a HUGE list of ideas I want to do - and only a couple song ideas draw from the anime a little bit. So many I'm not even sure we could fit them all in this hack lol. But I can't wait to start on that...

Edgar7878

Years
  • You can use a program called MuseScore to compose musics. Or we can just download their midi from internet. (Cough)I don't think(Cough)you can find(Cough) by this way.(Cough)

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    You can use a program called MuseScore to compose musics. Or we can just download their midi from internet. (Cough)I don't think(Cough)you can find(Cough) by this way.(Cough)

I actually have some pretty powerful software (Cubase). I was planning on just using that, but if that won't work I can definitely check out that MuseScore program.

Edgar7878

Years
  • From this moment, I fully passed to XSE! Yay!
    The things I gotta learn:
    -givepokemon,giveitem,takeitem,giveegg
    -flags
    -wildbattles
    -trainer battles

Note: I can do earthquakes!

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    From this moment, I fully passed to XSE! Yay!
    The things I gotta learn:
    -givepokemon,giveitem,takeitem,giveegg
    -flags
    -wildbattles
    -trainer battles

Note: I can do earthquakes!

Nice. We'll have to incorporate some earthquakes in the story. Since I'm pretty new to scripting, am I right that with XSE you can do more scripting-wise?

Edgar7878

Years
  • Nice. We'll have to incorporate some earthquakes in the story. Since I'm pretty new to scripting, am I right that with XSE you can do more scripting-wise?

"Am I right that with XSE you can do more scripting-wise?" What do you mean?
    If you mean that "Which is more sophisticated?" XSE of course!

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    "Am I right that with XSE you can do more scripting-wise?" What do you mean?

When I did some research on scripts and trying to find the differences between Pokescript, Ruby, and XSE I remembered seeing something about it being more flexible and easier to use. Or am I wrong?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back