• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Team Rocket speculation

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2015
    As long as the don't decide to make the fragile eight year old inside me spend countless hours trying to open doors underneath Goldenrod City, I'll be happy!

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
  • I'll b happy if they have the classic Team Rocket tune, the 1 they put onto all the radio stations. That would b nostalgic. That was the only time i used the radio.
    Although I completly like the idea of Rocket going after Ho-Oh and Lugia, I don't think it would work. If they include the 1st series legendaries, I mean Mew and Mewtwo, they could have them go after one or the other.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • With everyone in early posts saying how weak team rocket is, well it went for the whole of Johto realistically. If they had very strong team rocket pokemon, and of course all other trainers in Johto, then by the time you get to Kanto your pokemon are really strong and the rest of the game isn't a challenge, which then doesn't make it as fun

Sainthell

Look at my awesome ki power.
    Years
  • i think we could at the game, find a retired Giovanni, and he tells you about his team rocket time. maybe if [Rival](??? formely) is his son, we could see him with ???/silver/[rival], or he just could tell us. maybe we could spar with him in a pokemon battle? that would be awesome in a can.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    With everyone in early posts saying how weak team rocket is, well it went for the whole of Johto realistically. If they had very strong team rocket pokemon, and of course all other trainers in Johto, then by the time you get to Kanto your pokemon are really strong and the rest of the game isn't a challenge, which then doesn't make it as fun

That's why they up the levels in Kanto too. :D

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yes, even if Team Rocket becomes stronger from the originals, it doesn't stop the idea of making the levels grow stronger in Kanto either. Personally, a stronger Team Rocket might be better off. Also, seeing as though we might have a chance at visually seeing the Pokémon rather than catching all the Pokémon for the PokéDex, this gives a good chance that Team Rocket can actually have more a variety of Johto Pokémon.

Honestly, allowing Team Rocket more of a variety like what was done in Platinum for Team Galactic would be a bonus for the players. You wouldn't be seeing the same basic grunt partners and nor would you be given low experience for your team when in training. So, with this being said stronger levels, a variety of Pokémon, and possibly a raise in the Al level for at least the Rocket Admins would be best off to round of the team. To me it may give the game a bit more edge in a challenge as well.

Tudj

Years
  • That's why they up the levels in Kanto too. :D

Well i meant to say that.
    Also I agree with Aero, as they have the same pokemon, and adding to this point they are mostly pathetic, unless it is a executive battle, when some of them are pathetic to, like zubat. In all games the evil organisation has a zubat, and a few other pokemon like this. They should create more of a variety.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Well i meant to say that.
    Also I agree with Aero, as they have the same pokemon, and adding to this point they are mostly pathetic, unless it is a executive battle, when some of them are pathetic to, like zubat. In all games the evil organisation has a zubat, and a few other pokemon like this. They should create more of a variety.

That is exactly what I was trying to say. If Team Rocket is given more variety on their team, then I think it'll bring up the value [not money's worth, but quality] of the game. The experience while battling them when the game came out at first and now will be slightly different with different uses of Pokémon, but at least we wouldn't be able to shove them off of our shoulders too easily.

Team Rocket is an original organization and was the first, so to receive a bit of challenge from at least the Rocket Administrators in battle will satisfy me enough. The grunts are always and usually weak and easy to defeat, but with the better moves and hopefully a better team, then maybe they will give a little bit of a challenge to the player as well.

yeah..agree with yu baby . since the pokemon that follows the trainer was introduce in pkmn yellow, jesse & james will introduce in hg/ss kanto.

Well, even though the remakes have taken some old ideas from previous games, such as the Pokémon following you, you also have to note that other ideas are being brought in from the other games as well. So, I wouldn't have extreme high hopes saying that Jesse and James from Yellow will return, but there is a bit of possibility. I wouldn't mind seeing them here with some nice Pokémon along, however there is also a probability that even Chassidy and Butch can have a little appearance like before as well. Though, we shall see what comes up, but Team Rocket is definitely one part of the game I'm looking forward to seeing as they are the main plot creators of the game.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • I bet it'll probably be the same, but I hope they do a little bit of a better transition from "basically dead in Kanto" to "alive again in Johto." They already started to bridge the gap in FrLg by including the male and female grunts that claim they'll rise again, who inevitably become the male and female execs in GSC, but it doesn't explain how those grunts managed to get people to join again and such.

I don't think Jessie and James will make a return, even with the whole following Pokemon thing. I don't see any other anime-only characters returning, and even though it's true they were in Yellow and Pikachu following you was in Yellow, the whole game was an offshoot of the anime, and HgSs don't seem to have other anime elements in them.

I don't think they should necessarily change up the Pokemon a whole lot. Every Trainer class in the game (Bug Catcher, Lass, Camper, etc) has a few certain Pokemon that they almost always carry, so why should Rocket Grunts be any different? I think what they could do, however, is make them a little bit stronger/higher-levelled. After all, they are supposed to be able to beat up any other Trainer besides you, right? This would add to that whole fear thing as well as give the player more of a challenge/better exp without having to change the Trainer class.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I wouldn't really think Team Rocket would end back up in Kanto. Their original plans failed at their first attempt and to see that they have moved on without Giovanni to a new region, I wouldn't see them returning. However, things can take a turn for the unexpected with Giovanni making an appearance for his lead role as Team Rocket Head. This is when I can see a new plot for Kanto, but I would place that is wishful thinking right now. With this being said, I would believe in order for Kanto to come back alive, different side quests and plots will need to have implementation to the game. As for the original male and female Administrators from FRLG, they are most certainly the ones to return. However, seeing as they were higher than grunts, I would find it easier for them to round up the past Rocket members to target elsewhere.

As for Jesse and James, I wouldn't rule them out so fast, because there is a chance for them to return. A lot of variations are being put into the game and I wouldn't be surprised by this if it were to happen. I would like it to though as a little anime interpretation would be nice, however it is true the game doesn't follow the anime. So, I doubt it as well, but you can always hope I guess.

As for their Pokémon, if the Pokédex follows the DPPt format where we need to see them all before obtaining the National Dex, then I can see a few modification in rosters for Team Rocket. It wouldn't be a bad change either as like I said, it may make them a bit more challenging for the game when including the raise in levels and movepools. However, if not then I can see the game taking its original course, but I would prefer a little alter. Not to mention, a slight alter in their team rosters would not have to be major. For example, with Team Galactic in Diamond and Pearl compared to the Galactic grunts in Platinum you will notice that they have changed their rosters slightly as well. So something like this I would think might be fine for the least.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2011
    They will do the same it is an exact remake I think with more features, It would be cool if Giovanni admits some stuff.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I don't think they would make them without Giovanni being the big boss to battle at the end, they need Giovanni in it the head of their operations. Otherwise, I'd be extremely disappointed. He is a cool character and a very smart business man, who has managed to get foiled by a kid which kills that xD. I am hoping he will make a re-appearence in Kanto. It seems unlikely but that would be sick, if he returned for vengeance.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    People, keep in mind: This is a remake. It wouldn't be a remake if they changed such things as to introduce new schemes and the return of Giovanni.

However, I do want to them to have better Pokemon.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • I don't think they would make them without Giovanni being the big boss to battle at the end, they need Giovanni in it the head of their operations. Otherwise, I'd be extremely disappointed.

Then prepare to be thoroughly disappointed. The key word when concerning HG/SS is that it is a remake with some new features added to it. The story, although now with the addition of a support character, (if I recall correctly) will more or less remain pretty much the same as it was in G/S/C. I do believe there was no 'big boss battle' against Giovanni in G/S/C so I don't foresee there being one here.
    (if my Generation I and II knowledge remains, take note that Giovanni disbanded Team Rocket when you beat him in Viridian Gym; those in Johto had not heard of the disbandment and continued as though Team Rocket was still united)

Tudj

Years
  • I think Giovanni should stop Team Rocket in the players last battle with them, as he could tell them to follow him and give up the crime, MAYBE.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Unfortunately, if Giovanni were to return, it would be some unimportant part, if they decided to add him. There is likely to be little plot change. It is a remake, not a whole new game. There is a great possibility that Kanto will be the same as before, unfortunately, so don't get your hopes up about making too much change. With the exception of a couple of characters, but we might be surprised by something new.

Back