• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Shiny Green Stone [Recruiting]

Should I change the Water Starter?

• Yes

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 51.4%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen today
    Okay, about the storyline (I'll be updating Idea's, you'll just burn or accept them, that's absolutely fine).
    You said you wanted a somehow nintendo lookalike storyline, lemme know where my freedom ends.
    We could start with a dude, whose Grandfather is going to die. 'GF' gives him a pokemon, or tells him to go to the local prof. (Which we should name after a tree, like in the original stories, in that case it'd be Maple or something). And then of course, team Flora seems to be breaking in the lovely story, by stealing or whatever. (Or of course 'GF' is their worst enemy, and since he died, you're up now.)
    (But of course, we could skip this whole part)
    In one of my hacks I too started with a mountain town, which I called MONTINY TOWN, you might wanna think that over. What I always miss in original games, is that your hometown, never has something special/legendary, you're ok with changing that now? As for the legendaries, you wanted a mountain area, with a lot of port cities. That gave me the idea, of making the best legendary a grass one (of course because of Flora) and 2 or 3 weaker ones, water types, who each represent an ocean at another side of the Island(?), and therefore, are rivals. (Btw, if he really must be stronger, we need to think of a second type for the grass legendary, cuz now, Ice moves can beat him. Maybe super Sp. D?)
    As for the guy's rival, I thought of some rich brad, who eventually one time will join team Flora (cuz he hates you), and when you beat them, he'll accept his loss, go back to his home town, help the prof, and hate you forever.
    And, when I thought about that, I came up with a doublebattle for the start: A father/son VS. father/son battle. You always end up being tested by your rival, we can make this more special: When you beat him (likely), his dad comes running out of the house, screaming he will defeat you blablabla. Hearing that, your father joins the scene. If you lose, his dad will run out the house, and start yelling at you, and your father will join in, protecting you. (Dunno whether or not this is able with the scripting 'n so.)
    And, the last for now, I thought it might be interesting if the country had some kind of ruler. Which lived in a royal city and stuff, and of course, who is being bribed by Team Flora. (I would vote for a count, cuz king sounds to normal.)

Lemme know if you're into this?

BTW, I hereby claim all new Ideas in this post, and if you had made them up earlier, prove it.
    Oshi-
    I already scripted the beginning part. I just need someone to make it sound more professional.
    It would be nice, but then you have to change the name of the move, a cut tree doesn't seem much capable of calling a meteor.
    Name it...FALCON..PAWNCH, or just Iron Head and change the animation, every pokemon that haves is seems to know Iron head anyways, except clefable, but then, iron head is okay move on it.

By the way, can i make stats or something for other pokemon?
    Ja, make more stats.
    I'll see about Iron Head.

Ok

kinataki

david tennant so much!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    I'm good at fake pokemon please give MSN
    Username:kinataki
    Position:
    Mapper, Sprite Indexer,
    Proof of Work: (MSN)
    Past Exiences/Current Project: Kanto Prison
    Contact Info: MSN

Last edited:

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2011
    As you might've read, I made up some other Ideas too.
    But basically, what you want me to do is continue after this:
    Spoiler:

Nintendoshs

The Absol Master
    Years
    I can also sprite. these are my evolutions of Tustaja. 2 Grass/ Dragon pokemon. The first one is supposed to be a prince. The second is a king. They are 64 by 64 so half thier wing is cut off.

Years
    • Seen today
    I can also sprite. these are my evolutions of Tustaja. 2 Grass/ Dragon pokemon. The first one is supposed to be a prince. The second is a king. They are 64 by 64 so half thier wing is cut off.
    Those are....
    Fusions...
    Which is not what I'm looking for.
    I'm afraid I'll have to decline you for now.

Ok which ones? and remember to give me some details please.
    Whoops, I was typing on my Wii, and I think that the OK came out of nowhere.
    Go look on the first page or something. First page of thread. Post #15 or something. There's a spoiler with the Fakemon.

As you might've read, I made up some other Ideas too.
    But basically, what you want me to do is continue after this:
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, basically, except that the Professor is your dad.

Username: .
    Position: Mapper/ Indexing Sprites
    Proof of Work:
    Past Experiences/Current Projects: Nothing
    Contact Info: [email protected]
    Why you want to join the team: I want to get expirence before I make my own hack.
    Yeah, I'm sorry. Those maps don't look really good. I don't need any sprite indexers, so that's out of the question.

I'm good at fake pokemon please give MSN
    Username:kinataki
    Position:
    Mapper, Sprite Indexer,
    Proof of Work: (MSN)
    Past Exiences/Current Project: Kanto Prison
    Contact Info: MSN
    Oh my goodness, are you serious?
    You can basically use the VM system as MSN.
    I don't really go on MSN much, so you'll have to show me some work without MSN chatting.

And people, don't apply for Sprite Indexer, I don't need any.

kinataki

david tennant so much!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    Ok.I'm really good at fakemon.It's your choice.your fakemons is (ugh...)

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2011
    Dang men, where do you live? I've got to wait all day for a response.
    But anyhow, I'll continue your storyline.
    So you beat the grunt, prof comes to thank you of course, gives you a pokedex ( + running shoes etc) (I hate the running between towns before really starting the game), tells you to go on a journey defeat that flora scumbags blabla. (He might tell you something about legendaries and stuff, that's all up to the texters.)
    His hometown is nearby the highest mountain, right?, so the second town will be one at the foot of the mountains. Here is of course the first pokemon center. No gym.
    Because all water flows to the sea, we might add a river with a lake along the route from mountain to shore. Lakes álways involve legendaries. (But depending on the type of the legendary, we could also make a shaymin-like flowerfield.)
    What do you want the rival to be, where does he join in?
    So the next city will be a port city, with gym and stuff. Here you learn more about the team flora business. Because they have their first gathering here. To talk about whatever they were doing in your hometown. Prob the legendary. You try to stop them, but you must fail, because otherwise, in my opinion, the game will be too easy. But you encounter someone who is on your side, tells you about them and tells you to find out what they want. Kind of secret agent dude, which isn't original, but I thought he was fun. OR, this port city is the hometown of another prof, who is good friends with your father. (S)he helps you out, and afterwards tells you everything.
    Of course, this city is a port. So there will be ships, a dock, a lighthouse etc. We could involve stories about legendary pokemon in the sea?
    So, you are told to challenge the gym (Type?), and after that, you leave. Do we have a world map editor, I need to know directions and stuff?
    Somewhere around this part we should introduce the bike, shouldn't we? So this next route could be a cycling road, agree?
    And then the next city (Port or nonport?) is larger than the last one, kind of metropole like. It has a bikestore, gym, dept. store, etc.
    Do you want to reintroduce the train, don't know whether or not those tiles are available, or if it's possible with scripting?
    You reencounter the secret agent dude, he says he's onto something, then he runs off. you beat the gym, he returns, and says you should hurry to the next town, or another location, your call. He proposes to team up.

And now I feel I'm starting to guess too much, so I want you to answer this next questions before I continue, or start rewriting all of the above.
    What are the legendaries going to be like, or can I make that up myself?
    What is our rival going to be like?
    Do you like the secret-agent dude idea?
    And are you okay with the places I gave the towns nd cities?
    Oh, and, when are you likely to be online?

And btw, I really think you should accept/invite Orinjmate.
    He's the same guy as the co-creator/mapper of SKY SD, and that demo looks pretty amazing. (Orinjmate is his new account, look at the thread.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Dang men, where do you live? I've got to wait all day for a response.
    But anyhow, I'll continue your storyline.
    So you beat the grunt, prof comes to thank you of course, gives you a pokedex ( + running shoes etc) (I hate the running between towns before really starting the game), tells you to go on a journey defeat that flora scumbags blabla. (He might tell you something about legendaries and stuff, that's all up to the texters.)
    His hometown is nearby the highest mountain, right?, so the second town will be one at the foot of the mountains. Here is of course the first pokemon center. No gym.
    Because all water flows to the sea, we might add a river with a lake along the route from mountain to shore. Lakes álways involve legendaries. (But depending on the type of the legendary, we could also make a shaymin-like flowerfield.)
    What do you want the rival to be, where does he join in?
    So the next city will be a port city, with gym and stuff. Here you learn more about the team flora business. Because they have their first gathering here. To talk about whatever they were doing in your hometown. Prob the legendary. You try to stop them, but you must fail, because otherwise, in my opinion, the game will be too easy. But you encounter someone who is on your side, tells you about them and tells you to find out what they want. Kind of secret agent dude, which isn't original, but I thought he was fun. OR, this port city is the hometown of another prof, who is good friends with your father. (S)he helps you out, and afterwards tells you everything.
    Of course, this city is a port. So there will be ships, a dock, a lighthouse etc. We could involve stories about legendary pokemon in the sea?
    So, you are told to challenge the gym (Type?), and after that, you leave. Do we have a world map editor, I need to know directions and stuff?
    Somewhere around this part we should introduce the bike, shouldn't we? So this next route could be a cycling road, agree?
    And then the next city (Port or nonport?) is larger than the last one, kind of metropole like. It has a bikestore, gym, dept. store, etc.
    Do you want to reintroduce the train, don't know whether or not those tiles are available, or if it's possible with scripting?
    You reencounter the secret agent dude, he says he's onto something, then he runs off. you beat the gym, he returns, and says you should hurry to the next town, or another location, your call. He proposes to team up.

And now I feel I'm starting to guess too much, so I want you to answer this next questions before I continue, or start rewriting all of the above.
    What are the legendaries going to be like, or can I make that up myself?
    What is our rival going to be like?
    Do you like the secret-agent dude idea?
    And are you okay with the places I gave the towns nd cities?
    Oh, and, when are you likely to be online?

And btw, I really think you should accept/invite Orinjmate.
    He's the same guy as the co-creator/mapper of SKY SD, and that demo looks pretty amazing. (Orinjmate is his new account, look at the thread.)
    I'll talk with O-Mate.
    As for Rivals, you have 3.
    The starting town is at the foot of the mountain. And I have the region planned out.
    Team Flora is going to be collecting the 7 shards to revive the Legendary.
    Ok.I'm really good at fakemon.It's your choice.your fakemons is (ugh...)
    OK then.
    But I need some proof first.

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2011
    Could you scan an impression of the region?

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2011
    Okay, I'll wait.
    And btw, what's the idea behind the three rivals?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    "So you beat the grunt, prof comes to thank you of course, gives you a pokedex ( + running shoes etc) (I hate the running between towns before really starting the game), tells you to go on a journey defeat that flora scumbags blabla"

I would think it would be interesting if the grunt drops the shoes xD (Trying to get, shoes fall off yaya.)

About the map im working on it but my dads coming home so ill be nusy cleaning. sorry about the inconvinice (Going to dentist now for a few hours >.<)

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2011
    You're right, but is more complicated with scripting etc.
    And I wouldn't mind helping you with mapping, I'm actually not that bad on mapping (towns especially).

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Well if 5qwerty allows you?
    Well ill post the map in the atttachments and you can copy and contunie if you want.
    ill fix it up if needed.

Specifics: a creepy like town filled with lots of house. ok well.
    Quote from him: "just a regular town, no mountain, no sea.
    Just PC, Mart, and Gym, and lots of houses. (Use the Lavender Base House)"

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2011
    Yea, I'll work on it when I've got spare time. Just keep updating and inspiring eachother a bit.

Years
    • Seen today
    Well if 5qwerty allows you?
    Well ill post the map in the atttachments and you can copy and contunie if you want.
    ill fix it up if needed.

Specifics: a creepy like town filled with lots of house. ok well.
    Quote from him: "just a regular town, no mountain, no sea.
    Just PC, Mart, and Gym, and lots of houses. (Use the Lavender Base House)"
    Oh, no Pokemon Tower.
    Lookin' Okay so far.
    Except use the Lavender Walking Road Tiles, and not the dirt road tiles.

"So you beat the grunt, prof comes to thank you of course, gives you a pokedex ( + running shoes etc) (I hate the running between towns before really starting the game), tells you to go on a journey defeat that flora scumbags blabla"

I would think it would be interesting if the grunt drops the shoes xD (Trying to get, shoes fall off yaya.)

About the map im working on it but my dads coming home so ill be nusy cleaning. sorry about the inconvinice (Going to dentist now for a few hours >.<)
    Well, I have thought of that. But I have already inserted the script, and it will mess up if I add another setflag and a msgbox, because of the bytes.

Okay, I'll wait.
    And btw, what's the idea behind the three rivals?
    One lives in your town, one is Korey (Watch Da Anime), and one is a Flora Grunt Noob Guy.

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2011
    Have you already made route one? (From the hometown to the first town?)

Back