• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Zoroark!

starterra

The Zoroark Trainer
Years
  • Welcome to Team Zoroark's thread!

Introduction:
    Hi, I'm starterra. You probably don't know me, and I havn't been here for a while.
    Well, I recently discovered a knack for ROM-Hacking. I have no idea how to script, and my mapping is mediocre, but I'm pretty good at inserting images into a ROM, making title-screens, designing storylines, and creating Pokemon. So I decided to start this team to help create this hack idea I got into my head a while ago (a FireRed Hack), and then maybe work on another project or two. I'll talk a bit more about this mystery project later. Also, even if you suck at Rom hacking, Team Zoroark will embrace you with open arms, and you can learn different things from the different members. So for now, you can learn basic spriting and story production stuff from me.

-----

Team Sign-up Sheet:
    You wanna sign up? Post this!
    Skill:
    What are you good at?

Sample: Show me what you can do. Just give my whatever you got!
    Contact Info: How do we contact each other? PM? Got skype? Post whatever here.

-----

Current Team:
    Starterra: Sprites, Story, Image insertion, title-screen (And I'm learning how to map! Then I won't be as useless XD)
    BlooDy MuloS!!: Over-world Sprites
    Xenion: Puzzle Maps
    The-Great-Falkner: Mapping, Tile Insertion, Spriting
    pendragon179: Scripting, storyline
    Rickk12345: Scriptingfrancisbb: Mapping
    -----

Current Hack:
    Pokemon - Rise of Zoroark

Story:
    800 years ago, in the Oroah Region, there was a mysterious Pokemon by the name of Zoroark that roamed the region without restrictions. Wherever it went, it killed and plundered, until eight powerful sages, known only as the Octogon, sealed it into the heart of an icy mountain, each using an instrument of great power: an Ocarina, a Violin, a Trumpet, a Piano, a Guitar, a Pipe, an Organ, and a Harp. Zoroark was forever sealed - or so it was thought. A mysterious man, going only by the name of Tundra, released it from it's icy prison, and tried to take control of it by himself. However, the task proved to difficult, and so Zoroark ran off.

Slight Spoiler Alert!
    Here's where you come in: it's your thirteenth birthday, and you are the son/daughter of a wealthy professor in the Oroah region. But while he's giving you your first Pokemon, Zoroark bursts into the lab and kills everyone there except for you. You vow to avenge your father by forever destroying Zoroark and banishing him back to where he came.

That's all I'm willing to disclose, unless you join.

-----

Needed for this project:

Scripter
    World Mapper (just to fix up the one I have now)
    Item Editor
    Music adder (REALLY IMPORTANT)
    -----

New features:
    New Pokemon!
    New Region: Oroah!
    New tiles!
    No Pokedex!
    Awesome new storyline! Lots of twists!

----------

Screenies
    Not quite yet...

---

Thanks for Taking the time to read this!
    ~starterra

Last edited:

starterra

The Zoroark Trainer
    Years
  • Thanks, man. It's too bad Storyline seems to be my only exceptional strong point, though, or I might already have a beta! I tried to keep it original, and I think it's working.

BlooDy_MuloS!!

team anbuja leader!!
    Years
  • Skill: ow and i can insert but the progress i very slow
    Sample: go to my thread and see my screenies in there
    Contact Info: pm vm how you want
    and something if you could help me with my title screen it would be great!!!

starterra

The Zoroark Trainer
    Years
  • Wow, people are responding so fast! Is it really that good?
    --
    Ok, Muli, I sent you a PM regarding the overworld I need. I'm adding you to the team list as an OW maker. I'll be able to add them into the game, though.

BlooDy_MuloS!!

team anbuja leader!!
    Years
  • well okay but i just really wanted to join but it would be cool if you could help me with a title screen i suck at it thats why.
    dont worry i make those ow im really good at it if i can say

wtfuco.png

here is the ow tell me what you like and what not if you are satiesfied with this than im gonna make the running ones too

Last edited:

Edgar7878

The name is Butch not Pingas.
    Years
  • I would like to join this hack, but my school starts soon. But I must warn you, you can't make a Rom-Hack that doesn't have Pokedex in it. When you catch a wild pokemon(exp:poochyena) for the first time its pokedex entry will seen. There isn't any known way to erase that.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
  • I have something to say,i think you need to try to put in more effort for this hack like maybe do more things in it and do not rely too much on others.I see you can only so abit stuff which are not really major for the ahck.Try mapping,its quite easy when you learn how to do it,and more skills so that people actualy think you can do this and help out.

starterra

The Zoroark Trainer
    Years
  • @Edgar, Ok, makes sense. It was just an interesting thought I was thinking of integrating into the story. But, I will not have it in the menu but in the key items pocket, because I never liked the pokedex and that will not be the main goal of the game. Tell me what you can do, and I'll add you to the first post.

@Crimson Stardust, you're definitely right, and like you, I think mapping will be the way to go. Nice to see you like the concept!

Oh, and sorry if there are any more posts that are the same after this, my computer is acting funny.

EDIT: Ok then, after a long time of trying, failing, trying, succeeding, ruining, and finally finishing putting in the new male overworlds, I ruined the palate... so finally today, after hours of rigorous labor, I have inserted the new hero and it STILL looks a bit choppy. I like him though, so I'm keeping him the way he is, even if his schoolbag wiggles up and down when he walks up. In fact, it makes him look more real. So I'll have screenies of that soon too!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2011
    Hiya i'm pendragon179 or pen pen for short. I've been hacking for about 7months now. My strengths are as follows, scripting, mapping, story making, and i've gotten pretty good at paint, art work wise im pretty darn good. not sure how to prove scriptting and mapping but i can send some of my art work although there not pokemon lol id have to go looking for that or just draw something on the spot and give let me know. kk the best way to reach me is e-mail and here it is kk. [email protected] hope to here from u thnx.

The-Great-Falkner

There just that damn good!
    Years
  • Skill: Sprites, tile inserting and mapping
    Sample:
    Pokemon-FireRed1GBA.png
    check attachments for more

Contact Info: Vm Pm

btw epic story I love it

ps.the map in the attachments if proof for both mapping and tile inserting

starterra

The Zoroark Trainer
    Years
  • @pendragon149: Great, I was hoping somebody with scripting talent would want to join! You don't have to give me any proof of your scripting, maybe just to tell me about how good you are (can you do people walking? Not exactly easy stuff, but I'm going to try and keep it simple). Also, I can send you the storyline outline, and you can tell me what you think of it. I'll add you to the first post for now, though.

@The-Great-Falkner: Your map looks pretty good, better than what I can do anyways. I guess we'll share the burden and criticize each others mapping skills, eh? Anywho, welcome to the team. Your sprites also look pretty good, but I'm afraid that if there are going to be any fakemon in the hack, I already have them prepared. Trainer sprites are always good, though, so thanks.
    BTW, you have got to be the billionth person to tell me how awesome my storyline is.

@Entire team: I've practiced my mapping, and I've got a map finished. I'll post it soon to see what you guys think, OK?

The-Great-Falkner

There just that damn good!
    Years
  • @The-Great-Falkner: Your map looks pretty good, better than what I can do anyways. I guess we'll share the burden and criticize each others mapping skills, eh? Anywho, welcome to the team. Your sprites also look pretty good, but I'm afraid that if there are going to be any fakemon in the hack, I already have them prepared. Trainer sprites are always good, though, so thanks.
    BTW, you have got to be the billionth person to tell me how awesome my storyline is.
    lol I wont dissapoint you!

starterra

The Zoroark Trainer
    Years
  • @The-Great-Falkner: You won't. If anything, I'll be disappointing you. Now i'm just gonna go and get some screenshots in order...

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Wow that's one hell of a story you got there! The only part I'm not too keen about is Zoroark killing everyone in the lab

starterra

The Zoroark Trainer
    Years
  • @AceDragonite: There's a perfectly reasonable explanation for the Zoroark Mass-killings. But there's a lot more to the story than this, this is only the first ten minutes!

Sorry about any consequent double posts, my internet is SOO laggy...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2011
    @pendragon149: Great, I was hoping somebody with scripting talent would want to join! You don't have to give me any proof of your scripting, maybe just to tell me about how good you are (can you do people walking? Not exactly easy stuff, but I'm going to try and keep it simple). Also, I can send you the storyline outline, and you can tell me what you think of it. I'll add you to the first post for now, though.

@The-Great-Falkner: Your map looks pretty good, better than what I can do anyways. I guess we'll share the burden and criticize each others mapping skills, eh? Anywho, welcome to the team. Your sprites also look pretty good, but I'm afraid that if there are going to be any fakemon in the hack, I already have them prepared. Trainer sprites are always good, though, so thanks.

@Entire team: I've practiced my mapping, and I've got a map finished. I'll post it soon to see what you guys think, OK?

YAY great, I can do movement, events, warping events/warping points, i can do the movemnt events for exaple the prof. oak stopping u and bringing u to his lab event. I can do that and much more. I think we can make a great hack together as a team and maybe even get to the hall of fame. I know we can do it and i'll do what ever it takes to get us there. So where do we start, lets make this a reality.

I'll do my best not to disapoint as well.

Last edited:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    @AceDragonite: There's a perfectly reasonable explanation for the Zoroark Mass-killings. But there's a lot more to the story than this, this is only the first ten minutes!

Sorry about any consequent double posts, my internet is SOO laggy...

I might be able to help you make fakemon/help with the story, or overworld sprite if you want.

Proof of Work-
    dkg.png

The first 4 characters were done off dpp blanks, except for the second which was a recolor of bruno to make him look like a knight. The 5th guy is done in Gen III style. I made my own blank off the FRLG Cooltrainer OW and I made the other stuff myself. I can also make Pokemon Overworlds.

Last edited:

starterra

The Zoroark Trainer
    Years
  • @pendragon179: We're already in the Hall o' Fame, PD (can I call you that?). Trust me, we're already there.

@AceDragonite: I've already got an OW maker, but we'll take you too. I need crosses of FRLG and DPPT sprites, and I also need Pokemon overworlds. Could you make me a Zoroark overworld? Also, feel free to criticize the story all you want, or give ideas. Always helpful! ;)

xenion

The Typhlosion Master
    Years
  • Welcome to Team Zoroark's thread!

Introduction:
    Hi, I'm starterra. You probably don't know me, and I havn't been here for a while.
    Well, I recently discovered a knack for ROM-Hacking. I have no idea how to script, and my mapping is mediocre, but I'm pretty good at inserting images into a ROM, making title-screens, designing storylines, and creating Pokemon. So I decided to start this team to help create this hack idea I got into my head a while ago (a FireRed Hack), and then maybe work on another project or two. I'll talk a bit more about this mystery project later. Also, even if you suck at Rom hacking, Team Zoroark will embrace you with open arms, and you can learn different things from the different members. So for now, you can learn basic spriting and story production stuff from me.

-----

Team Sign-up Sheet:
    You wanna sign up? Post this!
    Skill:
    What are you good at?

Sample: Show me what you can do. Just give my whatever you got!
    Contact Info: How do we contact each other? PM? Got skype? Post whatever here.

-----

Current Team:
    Starterra: Sprites, Story, Image insertion, title-screen (And I'm learning how to map! Then I won't be as useless XD)
    BlooDy MuloS!!: Over-world Sprites
    Edgar7878: We don't know yet...
    Xenion: Puzzle Maps
    The-Great-Falkner: Mapping, Tile Insertion, Spriting
    pendragon179: Scripting, storyline
    -----

Current Hack:
    Pokemon - Rise of Zoroark

Story:
    800 years ago, in the Oroah Region, there was a mysterious Pokemon by the name of Zoroark that roamed the region without restrictions. Wherever it went, it killed and plundered, until eight powerful sages, known only as the Octogon, sealed it into the heart of an icy mountain, each using an instrument of great power: an Ocarina, a Violin, a Trumpet, a Piano, a Guitar, a Pipe, an Organ, and a Harp. Zoroark was forever sealed - or so it was thought. A mysterious man, going only by the name of Tundra, released it from it's icy prison, and tried to take control of it by himself. However, the task proved to difficult, and so Zoroark ran off.

Slight Spoiler Alert!
    Here's where you come in: it's your thirteenth birthday, and you are the son/daughter of a wealthy professor in the Oroah region. But while he's giving you your first Pokemon, Zoroark bursts into the lab and kills everyone there except for you. You vow to avenge your father by forever destroying Zoroark and banishing him back to where he came.

That's all I'm willing to disclose, unless you join.

-----

Needed for this project:
    Scripter
    Mapper
    World Mapper
    Item Editor
    Music adder
    Tile Maker/Adder
    -----

New features:
    New Pokemon!
    New Region: Oroah!
    New tiles!
    No Pokedex!
    Awesome new storyline! Lots of twists!

----------

Screenies (not very many yet):
    Well, My Post count's not high enough, so you can go check them out on my Photobucket profile (starterra)

---

Thanks for Taking the time to read this!
    ~starterra

You're gunna regret having me as a puzzle mapper!! :D cuz people might complain about some of them. xD

Starterra what kinda puzzle do you want me to make first? :D and plus what kind of map do you want? Forest, Cave, Building?

Last edited:
    Back