• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Teen Kills Mom for Taking Away His Video Game

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Not even a mental retard would commit this kind of matricide. What does that make that guy now?

At this rate, Africa will probably be safer than the US. Why? Because of some of the technological infatuation. That guy needs to get a wake up slap (or 1000).

Errr sorry what? Plenty of murderers are mental in some respect ^^''.

Second comment seems rather pointless too XD.

I have seen similar articles to this one, one about manhunt and one about another game I think. People need to realise that he didn't (well probably) kill his mother because Halo inspired it XD There are much more violent and graphic games on the market that are more likely to cause his twisted views on the world (aka. More realistic games; war games?).

Its rather sickening, but at the same time murders have happened for things that are even more insignificant than this... its just sad that some nut cases ruin the reputation of things that other people want to enjoy.

Kagura

..what?
    Years
    Personally, I believe he should have gotten a life sentence at the least. Either that, or life in a straight jacket, and in a room with Spongebob pattern walls. Running over an old lady on Grand Theft Auto with a fast car is dandy, but when it comes to real life, its sad when things like this happen. Actually, a mental institution would fit him best if he cannot differentiate the difference between fantasy and reality.

Shedinja8

Niger, atrum vel malum. Sumo.
    Years
    I agree that he either deserved the death penalty or, if that bull Guillermo said was true, to go to an insane asylum because he believes death isn't real.​

That poor mother was just doing what mothers are supposed to do. And this teen is giving other teens a bad name. It's no wonder adults hate us so much. Freaking dumbass kid.

Spoken like a true.... uh.... teen? Still, I just have two words on the matter...
    Psychotic much?!?!

Years
    I'm speechless.
    :C
    I hope his mom rests in peace.

People are saying he should get the death penalty or life.. but I think twenty three years is enough. It's probably eating him away right now.
    Everyone feels remorse.
    I can't imagine going to jail for that long, or for life.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    I don't know what to think. Do they say what game it is, because I think that's the key factor everyone is overlooking.

On a serious note, I would get mad at my mom and yell at her when she would take my game away...when I was 10. But to get so mad to shoot someone to death. And not just shooting anyone to death, your own mother. The one person you were once a part of. I think this kid needs some psychological help over these next 23 years, because there is obviously something not right in his head. This story almost makes me afraid to play another video game with my friends. The next match of Brawl I win just might be my last.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    This crap happens too much. They really need to moniter who get's M & A rated games, or better yet, stop making them

Lash

Years
    What can't Halo do? seriously wtf

I'd imagine his obsession caused him to see the cross hairs when he pointed the gun at his mother, and probably red. Along with that, he probably thought that she'd re spawn or something. Once again, wtf.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Yeah. Red faced and puffy, with bloodshot eyes. Not so good...

Hope he'll really regret it. By the time he turns 40, where will he go?

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I heard about this. Yeah he basically got the gun out from his father's vault and went over the living room. And in the living room there was his father and mother. He shot them both. Killed his mom instantly, but his dad survived. Man I swear over a video game...? He was totally obsessed if that made him kill his mom like that. It is a video game! They took it away for a reason, he shouldn't flip out like that! Well he is going to be in jail for a long time. He won't get out til he is 40...

Arle Kaa-kun

Wakasyamo DESU! X3
    Years
    To kill your mother for a measly video game... that's bad! I say he truly deserves more than 23 years in prison! I also heard once that he also injured his dad for the same thing. I think it's only until he killed his mom that he knows that death is actually real. Too bad it was Halo that he was addicted of. Should've been something more child-friendly like Pokémon.

Years
    ...That guy...
    He should've known better. ^^;
    It's just a video game, is it worth more your mother's life?:X
    I know someone who won't playing video games for another 23 years...

Dragonzord

Metagame x Metamon
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2012
    Psycho,
    unless it was a good game,
    if it was, like, Ghostbusters, or Ocarina or even Mario World, then its justifiable,
    But it was probibly something like Crusin USA or, like, TimeShift! ANyone even enjoying them should be put to death!

Switchback

Flare Counsellor
    Years
    This really makes me sick to my stomach. I just hope that parents actually learn from this, age ratings on games are definitely necessary and need to be reinforced. However, it's obvious that this boy seems to have some sort of mental disability regardless of his age but I really hope this starts to open people's eyes.

Something similar happened if I recall with the game Manhunt, an underage played it and strangled someone to death in his school thinking he was actually in the game. Stupid people like this shouldn't really be allowed to play games at all, regardless of age...

Back