• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Terrible Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2012
    Unown is the only correct answer. Not only does it have pathetic base stats, it can only learn one attack that it would more likely sacrifice STAB for decent type coverage. :/

I'm inclined to agree here. As much as I HATE Bidoof, it can at least serve as an HM Slave. Hell, Kakuna can keep poison sting from its first form. Even Luvdisc and Magicarp evolve into good Pokemon. What is Unown's potential? It doesn't have any. No stats, only one useless technique, no TMs or HMs to learn. Unown will always and forever be useless.

#Emochu

ujhgjkjhgkujhjkhjkhkhkhhk hjkhj
    Years
    Whats with al this bidoof hate? is it the looks? Normal+water is pwnsome

I REALLY hate nuzleaf and lombre (lombre a bit)

I always would choos them when I was younger in Emerald and the had the WORST movesets ever.

I remember a similar problem with Nidorino in LeafGreen, I had to keep using TMs.

Manaphy.10

Not Your Average Gamer
    Years
    When I first looked at Golem's stats, he seemed to be okay, so I decided to raise one for myself.

BIG MISTAKE

Golem has weaknesses to 6 types which include a x4 weakness to grass and water! This is a huge disadvantage for Golem, which his stats do not make up for.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    When I first looked at Golem's stats, he seemed to be okay, so I decided to raise one for myself.

BIG MISTAKE

Golem has weaknesses to 6 types which include a x4 weakness to grass and water! This is a huge disadvantage for Golem, which his stats do not make up for.

:O :O :O You just ruined golem for me

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years

BIG MISTAKE

Golem's actually pretty good if you keep it away from those types and special attackers in general. It's not the best thing to use in competitive battling, but I've found it pretty good in game.

Anyways...

-Magikarp
    -Kakuna
    -Metapod
    -Silcoon
    -Cascoon
    -Feebas
    -Wurmple
    -Caterpie
    -Weedle
    -Seedot (Lotad's not bad...)
    -Bidoof
    -Rattata
    -Maggyo (Ground type with Limber...)
    -Zubat

Er... Yeah.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Unown is the only correct answer. Not only does it have pathetic base stats, it can only learn one attack that it would more likely sacrifice STAB for decent type coverage. :/

Terrible Pokemon

This also applies to anyone else that dares insult the babies of the majestic god of aerial pokemon. ಠ_ಠ
    Agreed. With all. :)

Aside from Unown, I would maybe say Luvdisc, Relicanth, and Clamperl's evolutions, just because they combine sheer disability with pointlessness. I just don't get why they were introduced because there was no need for them. Pokémon like Caterpie and Rattata, on the other hand, are necessary due to their place in the game. The ones I mentioned are just kind of filler Water-types. We have a lot of Water-types to begin with. xD

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    Seedot and Lotad aren't bad Pokemon, you just need patience raising them, and you can get bullet seed real early in the game to cover for there movepool.

I remember spending huge amounts of time to catch a Surskit, only to found out it's to weak to be even useful. It can learn good moves by breeding though, and Masquerain gained quite a boost in gen IV, for special stab.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Unown mostly.

Like how in the world can anyone use this, even in-game?

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    There are many... but the first ones to come to mind are Bidoof, Poochyena, and Zigzagoon. They just annoy me so badly. I remember playing Sapphire for the first time and trying to train a Poochyena and a Zigzagoon. They practically stayed fainted. >:\ And Bidoof just annoys me.

I also never have any bug Pokemon on my team. Not even the good ones. I wouldn't say they're terrible, though. But some of them are. Like Paras and Parasect. And Beedrill. Ugh. Beedrill.

Years
    Bidoof. Oh my Bidoof. It fills me with endless rage whenever I gaze upon its visage.
    Unown would be it...but I find them creepy as all get out so I cant put them or they'll haunt my dreams.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Bidoof isnt good in battle, but it is quite a good HM slave :3

Lopunny was a dissapointment to me. Great design, but not such great stats. Its speed is freakin awesome but its other stats cannot follow up its speed. And its movepool isnt that great either. I was extremely angry that Lopunny could learn Mirror Coat through level up and not Counter. AT ALL. Given its not-so-good defense stat. And most of the good moves it is able to learn has to be done through breeding. For example Sky Uppercut. It took a lot of eggs to get that move, and yet it still was a dissapointment because of its attack stat.

Yukimi

Nautical Star
    Years
    I expected my Umbreon to be stronger than he was. I got one over GTS and did my best to raise him, but he ended up being next to useless. I still liked him because he was an interesting Pokemon, but I never used him in battle.
    Marill is another Pokemon I wanted on my team, but had to put in the PC. I love Marill, I think he's adorable. I went through all the aggravation of raising him to an Azumarill and ended up wishing I could have my time back.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
    I never particularly thought Zubat was to useful. Although... ALTHOUGH... Gol and Crobat are exceptions. If only there was a ZuStone

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Those mid-evolved bug Pokemon... :< All they can use is like, Tackle and Harden. Pretty worthless if you ask me. Oh, and Magikarp's friend, Feebas, isn't that useful, but its evolution is. :D

Back