• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Terrible Pokemon

Years
  • Other than the obvious uselessness of Magikarp, is there a Pokemon that you think is just terrible and never ever use? For me, that Pokemon is Paras and Parasect. I have one in every game I play, train it, hoping that it will be awesome. But it never is. Frustrates me! D:

*ADJ*

Mmm I'd say amateur trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2015
    When you hit kakuna or metapod in an evolution they are terrible.. Kakuna use Harden!!

*ADJ*

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2015
    Why oddish it can absorb its not like a kakuna that only does harden.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Well, in red (I was really little), I had come across one and it had really given me a run for my money, so I thought, once I cought it, I had this crazy tough pokemon, but it kept dying, so I think I have, like, this negative connotation with it :P

*ADJ*

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2015
    Yes bidoof is also terrible, magikarp isnt that bad just give it an exp share or throw it out first pull it back and throw out your pokemon and then it evolves into gyrados.. but bibarrel is still terrible.. so Bidoof is a failure

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't know why I keep giving Volbeat a chance when I play RSE. It never amounts to kick assery, so I don't know why I always think different.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Unown is the only correct answer. Not only does it have pathetic base stats, it can only learn one attack that it would more likely sacrifice STAB for decent type coverage. :/

Zubat!
    Need i say more!
    Stupid crappy bat!

Terrible Pokemon

This also applies to anyone else that dares insult the babies of the majestic god of aerial pokemon. ಠ_ಠ

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Bidoof and Bibarel are terrible, IMO. They're useful as HM slaves, but not in battle. When I get B/W, I won't be going near Minezumi because its later level up moves, other than Super/Hyper Fang, are terrible. I also won't be going near Baruchai because it's harder to train than Washibon, due to its bad attacking stats.

Ayselipera

The only Pokemon that is coming to me is Ledian. I thought it was adorable so I figured why not try it out even after I saw its offensive stats. I wish I could go back in time and save myself all the aggravation and wasted time raising it. It's still pretty cute though. :3

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
  • I hate that there's a lot of Pokemon with interesting designs, but just terrible stats. Like Farfetch'd, Delibird, Ledian, Ariados, Beautifly, Dustox, Butterfree, Beedrill, Parasect...

Wait... why are there so many terrible bug Pokemon? Poor bugs, being discriminated against.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I hate that there's a lot of Pokemon with interesting designs, but just terrible stats. Like Farfetch'd, Delibird, Ledian, Ariados, Beautifly, Dustox, Butterfree, Beedrill, Parasect...

If memory serves, ariados could actually be pretty tough

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I hate that there's a lot of Pokemon with interesting designs, but just terrible stats. Like Farfetch'd, Delibird, Ledian, Ariados, Beautifly, Dustox, Butterfree, Beedrill, Parasect...

Wait... why are there so many terrible bug Pokemon? Poor bugs, being discriminated against.

If memory serves, ariados could actually be pretty tough

I agree, I've had great luck with Ariados. But yeah, it is unfortunate a lot of Pokemon that have great designs have the worst stats.

Also, with Ariados in mind, Denchura didn't work out too well for me in White. :/ Maybe because of lack of Thunderbolt, but...I don't know, it just wasn't cutting it for me. I stuck with it though, since I really like it. But I doubt I'll be raising another one any time soon.

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • Pidgeot.

I decided to start my SS run by depositing my starter, so I caught a Pidgey. I thought Pidgeot would be as godly as Staraptor. I was wrong.

No Close Combat (obviously), no Brave Bird, not even Aerial Ace. I had to wait until lv. 37 to learn Wing Attack, and then the next best move would be Air Slash at lv. 62.

Then there were the stats. Horrible. Nothing over base 100, and yet it gives 3 Speed points?

Disappointing.

Back